For those EU fans and LotF readers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starwarsfreak34
I've got to confess myself disappointed and hurt. I wish people would lay off Jacen a little. I've been looking back on some books and I think its pure hypocritical the way everyone's having a go at him.

It seems like its one rule for Luke (and others) and a completely different one for Jacen. He's doing what he thinks is right for the galaxy - none of the other Jedi seem to like doing anything other than twiddling their fingers.

so he's doing things differently... do you all remember Kyp and his Dozen? the attack on the YV worldship that he manipulated jaina into taking part in?

what about in Dark Nest when luke and mara gave into their anger etc and used Force choke/lightening? but, no, that's okay coz it's them... so they're not evil, their not turning to the 'dark side'... meh...

its pathetic! jacen is doing all this without emotion, he distances himself... he's putting duty first. as i remember, in the legacy comic, the force ghost of luke admits that what cade did to bring his master back was okay, so long as he did it without emotion... isn't that what jacen's doing? and on top of it all, he's still a Jedi at heart - i mean, in Bloodlines he was preaching Jedi stuff to Admiral Niathal, saying that Jedi are supposed to be above popularity.

I have to say i've always been a supportor of Jacen, and i'm expressing this now, in this way, coz it really annoys me. I'm sure a lot of you think of the SW universe and its characters like a second family, and i emphasise with jacen in everyway. sounds wierd, but he and anakin were like two brothers i never had.

(and on the subject of Anakin, i think those of you that reckon he would be against GAG and having a SD named after him are wrong. The point has been made time again that jacen has only been continuing the path anakin began to take back in edge of victory.)

so please, can everyone go a little easier on Jacen. It's not like he's EVIL. Vergere said that the only dark side is that of your own heart and soul, and i don't see that in Jacen.

starwarsfreak34
confused sad .... Ok, people, you CAN reply, you know?

xxxpoppunker182
it'll be interesting to see where jacen ends up. i think that right now they're showing us how jacen's going to become corrupted by the darkside and that he'll eventually become just evil.

docb77
Evil never sees itself as evil. My problem is when he killed that girl to protect Lumiya. At that moment he became just as bad as Vader to me. You can rationalize, but she didn't do anything to deserve death. Jacen was simply selfish, he wanted to learn something that wouldn't be available if the girl lived.

They'll probably figure out some way to "save" him, but he'll still be a murderer.

Gideon
The problem is this: Jacen is ridiculously deluded. He's dabbling in things that he simply cannot control; and it is because of his own arrogance that he continues to do so - and ignores prior examples of what the dark side has turned people into. He's ignoring what Vader became, or worse, what Sidious became, and his ego leads him to believe that he can practice the Sith arts and such when they will simply master him.

That is the whole outlook that I find so frustrating and so ridiculous. He's going in, thinking he's a badass, when he's simply just a pawn, like Anakin was. Lumiya manipulated him into walking the dark path, and he did, no matter how hard he tries to deny it.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by docb77
My problem is when he killed that girl to protect Lumiya. At that moment he became just as bad as Vader to me. You can rationalize, but she didn't do anything to deserve death.

No one had a problem when Luke killed those Gamorreans on Tatooine or when Obi Wan cut that man's hand off on Tatooine and left as if it didn't happen. And besides, that Mandalorian was trying to kill Jacen's parents.

Gideon
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
No one had a problem when Luke killed those Gamorreans on Tatooine or when Obi Wan cut that man's hand off on Tatooine and left as if it didn't happen. And besides, that Mandalorian was trying to kill Jacen's parents.

Wasn't that man attempting to kill Obi-Wan? Same with the Gammoreans? Wasn't that in self defense? Anyways, Jacen tortured her to death.

There's a difference.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Gideon
Wasn't that man attempting to kill Obi-Wan?
No, Obi-Wan was nowhere near him. Oafy could have mind-tricked him like he did with those stormtroopers.

Akademik
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
No, Obi-Wan was nowhere near him. Oafy could have mind-tricked him like he did with those stormtroopers.

Wasn't that guy about to hurt Luke though?

Captain REX
Luke didn't kill those guards in Jabba's Palace. Always seems to be that everyone goes 'He killed them!' when he merely stunned them.

Julie
Eh Jacen's an interesting character....though he does have some dark tendancies...at least he does something.

Gideon
Originally posted by Julie
Eh Jacen's an interesting character....though he does have some dark tendancies...at least he does something.

Oh, I agree. Jacen is an interesting character. The problem is, he is completely ignoring the past when he accepted Sith tutelege. He ignored what the dark side twisted people like Anakin and Palpatine into becoming, and arrogantly assumed that he could master it and retain some semblance of humanity. In essence, he is extremely deluded. He is dabbling in the dark side - a force of nature far greater than he can control. And he arrogantly assumes that he'll be able to conquer it, when in truth, he is simply a pawn. Lumiya manipulated him like Sidious manipulated Anakin, and like Anakin, Jacen was very easily duped.

Ushgarak
Err, the being whose arm Obi-Wan hacked off was drawing a gun to shoot him with. Would you rather Obi-wan took the head?

And as Rex says, Luke killed no Gammoreans.

Do some people actually watch the films or do they just make up their own story instead?

Jack Daniels
maybe they had a few to many nips before watching... beer laughing

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Gideon
The problem is this: Jacen is ridiculously deluded. He's dabbling in things that he simply cannot control; and it is because of his own arrogance that he continues to do so - and ignores prior examples of what the dark side has turned people into. He's ignoring what Vader became, or worse, what Sidious became, and his ego leads him to believe that he can practice the Sith arts and such when they will simply master him.

That is the whole outlook that I find so frustrating and so ridiculous. He's going in, thinking he's a badass, when he's simply just a pawn, like Anakin was. Lumiya manipulated him into walking the dark path, and he did, no matter how hard he tries to deny it.

This is just going to be a lame rip off of Revenge of the Sith .

Im going to see how long it takes before people realize that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Sexiest
The NJO Books suck so badly. They are unoriginal, screw up the continuim, screw up everything about what the Jedi are supposed to be, originally were...etc.

Now Luke is God, so no one can beat him...There's no point to the story now.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
This is just going to be a lame rip off of Revenge of the Sith .

Im going to see how long it takes before people realize that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Legacy era is a rip off of the OT/PT as well. Perhaps even moreso than this.

Sexyback
Eragon.

Gideon
Originally posted by Sexyback
Eragon.

Equally so. But... IlikeEragon! There I said it! -runs off in shame-

starwarsfreak34
Those of you against Jacen obviously haven't been reading LotF very closely. Jacen is NOT Anakin - he is aware that Lumiya is playing her own game and manipulating him - but Jacen is more clever than you give him credit for. He knows Lumiya only wants him to turn 'DS' to hurt Luke for revenge - but he's gonna turn around and give her a reality check one of these days, i know it. I bet he'll sacrifice her. Those of you who dis the NJO have no place to comment, as LotF follows straight on from it - so naturally it also follows that if you don't like NJO then you'll only have bad things to say about LotF... go back to watching the films like little wanna-be-fans (you know, the things that GL made up but doesn't really like - the ones he completely screws up time and time again, the ones in which he created things that he cant' even pronounce properly)...

to those that did like NJO, but still against Jacen - surely this mean you discounted EVERYTHING Jacen went though at the hands of the Vong in Traitor and what happened in TUF. Give him a little more credit, please.

The dark side DOES NOT exist (yes, evil actions and people do - hence every one's reaction to Jacen's character in LotF) but this is exactly where Kyp is coming from, and it's the same path (even though a lot of you wont admit it) its the same path Anakin Solo was on the road to - just read Master Ikrit's warning to him in EoVI:C if you need a little evidence of his potential darkness.

Blue_Hefner
Jacen already sacrificed her, when he sent her to fight Luke and Mara, because he thought they would realize that he was still a good guy if he led them to her.

starwarsfreak34
sorry, i forgot about that bit - but it was left open ended, remember. I'm sure there was something that hinted that Lumiya might still be alive. Can't remember what exactly, but i don't think Jacen believes she's dead - and according to the blurb for Exile, neither does Luke. There was a hint there, too.
I don't think we've seen the last of her - and that when Jacen will turn on her. She's a threat to galactic security and he knows it. her card's marked.

Darth_Glentract
Eh, Jacen's evil. He thinks that he has Lumiya figured out, but he doesn't It seems very clear to me that she's led him into a position of flase secrurity where she's got two levels. The first he has figured out and he thinks that's all there is to it. The second she has kept hidden from him though and Jacen doesn't know about. Oh, and news flash, Vergere became a Sith.

starwarsfreak34
so lumiya says. as you said youself, she is workin to her own agenda. it is possible Vergere was a Sith, but i don't think she was and she seems genuine compared to lumiya <shrugs...>

and i also believe that Jacen DOES have her figured out -as Blue Hefner pointed out, he deliberately sent her to luke and mara. i don't think jacen is as short-sighted as you think. even form the begining he knew she could just be using him to get revenge

LORDSIDIOUS01
I love the Legacy of the Force comic book and novels.

overlord
Jacen is not going to go to the dark side. Obi Wan however.. he hacks off limbs because of finding people annoying. Obi Wan is the worst character in all of SW.

starwarsfreak34
^^um, is this mean to be sarcasm stick out tongue?^^

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by overlord
Jacen is not going to go to the dark side. Obi Wan however.. he hacks off limbs because of finding people annoying. Obi Wan is the worst character in all of SW.

Co-sign.

starwarsfreak34
okay, this is going to sound ridiculous now but - after reading Exile - i'm retracting most of everything i've said in defence of Jacen Solo. Its not that i think he's evil now, just that the writers are making him evil for the sake of it - which is WRONG!

even when he ordered the Falcon shot down, i still didnt think he ws evil... but now i've lost all faith in the plot - the writers are fkin idiots and are ruining his character..... as far as i'm concerned, Jacen has been far too strong to succum easily to his own evil in the past.... the writers are just throwing out all his experience and his torture at the hands of the Vong and turning him into this pathetic arrogant creature - and it's not Jacen........ all for the sake of hypin up the whole new 'Sith Lord' thing! now all i see is a guy who's obsessed with getting this Sith title - its like 'ooo ooo, am i ready yet, can i now get my title and be a true Sith please?' its ridiculous!

I thought they were doing well with LotF until this book - the jacen in Tempest didn't need this fkin sith title, he didnt care for it.... what he was doing in the first 3 books, he could have kept doing it and it would have worked - but now he's like saying that he can't do better until he gets this sith title... i mean, its a TITLE! what the fk is that gonna change? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I swear, i'll kill the authors if i get the chance coz they've screwed Jacens character up completely - and now i dont like him. I'm placing my faith in Ben now, as someone who can use the Force wholly without succuming to the darkness in him (especially after seeing him in action going after the sith artefact)

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
I've got to confess myself disappointed and hurt. I wish people would lay off Jacen a little. I've been looking back on some books and I think its pure hypocritical the way everyone's having a go at him.

It seems like its one rule for Luke (and others) and a completely different one for Jacen. He's doing what he thinks is right for the galaxy - none of the other Jedi seem to like doing anything other than twiddling their fingers.

so he's doing things differently... do you all remember Kyp and his Dozen? the attack on the YV worldship that he manipulated jaina into taking part in?

what about in Dark Nest when luke and mara gave into their anger etc and used Force choke/lightening? but, no, that's okay coz it's them... so they're not evil, their not turning to the 'dark side'... meh...

its pathetic! jacen is doing all this without emotion, he distances himself... he's putting duty first. as i remember, in the legacy comic, the force ghost of luke admits that what cade did to bring his master back was okay, so long as he did it without emotion... isn't that what jacen's doing? and on top of it all, he's still a Jedi at heart - i mean, in Bloodlines he was preaching Jedi stuff to Admiral Niathal, saying that Jedi are supposed to be above popularity.

I have to say i've always been a supportor of Jacen, and i'm expressing this now, in this way, coz it really annoys me. I'm sure a lot of you think of the SW universe and its characters like a second family, and i emphasise with jacen in everyway. sounds wierd, but he and anakin were like two brothers i never had.

(and on the subject of Anakin, i think those of you that reckon he would be against GAG and having a SD named after him are wrong. The point has been made time again that jacen has only been continuing the path anakin began to take back in edge of victory.)

so please, can everyone go a little easier on Jacen. It's not like he's EVIL. Vergere said that the only dark side is that of your own heart and soul, and i don't see that in Jacen.

Agreed

Darth Sexy
It's interesting. THe only known force user to ever conquer the darkside completely was Sidious. And when I say conquered, I mean having the entire dark side of the force at your disposal, as your servant. Nobody before him even got close, not even the top dogs, nor the ancient sith(although that is a different story).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.