Superman vs Green Lantern (hal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Benny G
Who takes this?

Galan007
Hal 10/10

Soleran
Superman of course

Artificial Krptonite is like his morning breakfast!

Ichigo66666
This is original. no expression

Hal 9/10.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
Hal 10/10

Soleran
I just don't see Hal taking the majority here, his ring will tap out of power long before Superman goes down.

I watch Pokemon
Hal takes this 6/10.

Superherovandal
Hal takes this 8/10

Loot
this one is a classic. Green Lantern

Darth Macabre
Such a new and fresh thread.

Hal 8-9/10

Bardock42
Well, if the ring can do what it should be able to do, which it never did as far as I know then Hal 11/10.

Soleran
Yet Superman beats GL's like red headed stepchilds.

Evangel94
I just don't see any Green Lantern taking the majority against the Superman. I'm going to give it to Superman here.

This is just Regular GL Hal with one ring right?

On another note: does anyone have the scan where A Green Lantern creates artificial kryptonite?

-Evangel94

Soljer
Hal or Kyle (not Ion) either could take Superman for 10/10.

John and Guy get slightly less.

Soleran
Originally posted by Soljer
Hal or Kyle (not Ion) either could take Superman for 10/10.

John and Guy get slightly less.

Comic after comic, feat after feat disagree with you, immensly I might add.

Validus
Originally posted by Soleran
Comic after comic, feat after feat would disagree.

Hal and Superman both have several wins over each other.

Bardock42

Yeah, that's why it is weird. GL gets downstupided so much. Same for Flash.

Originally posted by Evangel94
I just don't see any Green Lantern taking the majority against the Superman. I'm going to give it to Superman here.

This is just Regular GL Hal with one ring right?

On another note: does anyone have the scan where A Green Lantern creates artificial kryptonite?

-Evangel94

Why shouldn't they be able to? Actually why can't he just blast the exact radiation?

As for rings, wasn't there something Kilowog said about the lack of matter multiple weapons have.

Soleran
Originally posted by Validus
Comic after comic, feat after feat would disagree.

Hal and Superman both have several wins over each other.

Listen lets not get into semantics here SPEEDBLITZ will take the GL, safety shield be damned!

Validus
Originally posted by Evangel94

Kyle did it in King of the World.

Hal once transmuted the moon to K-nite (because he's a dick like that).

Tomar Re one shotted Superman with a K-nite energy beam.

Too lazy to dig up scans.

Soleran
For as many showings of K-nite affecting Supes there are just as many to refute that fact. Hell the last showing with SBP is a grand example of this.

Supes putting on the K-nite ring to KO Supergirl etc etc yeah k-nite is his breakfst cereal of choice.

Then we have Strength and Speed showings to BLAST GL's to smitherings.

Superman has actually taken a ring from a GL just by crushing his hand blah blah blah

Validus
Well theres a difference between a small ring sized piece and something as large as the moon. When he flew through the Kryptonian warship powered by K-nite, he totally lost his powers for a bit and that was fairly recent.

Validus
Superman has actually taken a ring from a GL just by crushing his hand blah blah blah
That deal with Guy Gardner totally spit on GL continuity.

Soleran
Yes the fact Superman reacts to things so quickly it would hardly matter, please he flys multiples of light speed.............he would be able to see whats happening and rip Hal.

Validus
How does his reaction speed mean anything in regards to taking control of Guy Gardner's power ring?

Soleran
I was actually responding more to your moon of kryptonite not Guy, thats just a willpower feat obviously.

Validus
I was actually responding more to your moon of kryptonite not Guy, thats just a willpower feat obviously.
It was presented as a willpower feat. It's still ass along the lines of Deathstroke trying that with Kyle.

batdude123
Hal 6-7/10.

Soleran
Originally posted by batdude123
Hal 6-7/10.

At least thats something realistic given the feats over the years by both of them.

I still lean twards Superman on 6/10

Validus
Uhh yeah, anyone saying GL wins 10/10 isn't giving Kal his due credit.

Badabing
Superman wins 6-7/10. Super speed, intangibility, super strength, T-Vo and great willpower.

snoopdogg
Yea saying Hal 10/10 os going overboard. But I can see a 5/10 split here. They both have bad@ss feats and their record against the other is pretty damm even I think.

Soleran
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman wins 6-7/10. Super speed, intangibility, super strength, T-Vo and great willpower.

OH SNAP, no you didn't, you busted out T-Vo, I was trying to keep that on the low low.

What's a GL going to do now except eat superman's mighty mental playground! laughing

snoopdogg
Anybody see the JLU episode where Supes fights Cap. Atom while he is using red sun radiation and Supes still slaps his @ss around?

BTW I realize that has nothing to do with this fight but I just watched the episode and thought it was cool.

Carry on.

Badabing
I saw it. That was a great toon.

Validus
JLU sad

snoopdogg
JLU sad You didn't like it?

Validus
I loved it and I'm sad it's gone.

snoopdogg
I loved it and I'm sad it's gone. Yea I have all of them they released so far on DVD. JL seasons 1 & 2 and JLU season 1. I think there is just JLU season 2 left to be released.

Soleran
Watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force instead crazy super powers and villians, super story lines!

Validus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Yea I have all of them they released so far on DVD. JL seasons 1 & 2 and JLU season 1. I think there is just JLU season 2 left to be released.
Yeah, that just got announced for a March release.

kgkg
I go with 7-10 for hal

Supes can win few due to his speed

Bentley
So I'm guessing Supes cannot break Hal's autoshield which prevents speedblitz, which prevents super from ever winning this battle, right?

Soleran
Originally posted by Bentley
So I'm guessing Supes cannot break Hal's autoshield which prevents speedblitz, which prevents super from ever winning this battle, right?

Don't be fooled by the naysayers.

Between Superman's speed and strength he could break the flimsy autoshields, hell he's busted full on GL constructs before as well.

Soljer
Don't be fooled by the naysayers.

Between Superman's speed and strength he could break the flimsy autoshields, hell he's busted full on GL constructs before as well.

Post a scan of Superman breaking Hal's constructs.

Oh...that's right. He's only broken Jobber Green Lantern Constructs.

You arguing that is like arguing that Superman could take on the entire corps with his freeze-breath.

Hal's autoshields have stood up to more powerful attacks than Superman, before.

Hal win's this for a HEALTHY majority.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Hal win's this for a HEALTHY majority.

As in.... 6/10? Maybe?

This wouldn't be easy for either of them.

They've had a great rivalry throughout the years, and writers have always made them relative equals.

People arguing that versatility = power are just kidding themselves. It doesn't.

Kal-El has a relatively simple power set when compared to somebody like Norinn. However, it's the same reason why Superman beats Thor and J'onn.... his strength and speed combo is hard to overcome for ANY herald level character, whether that be Hal, Norrin, Quasar, or any other guy.

Hal has a PIS tool, but then again so does Superman. Torquasm-Vo & Rao...

Anyway, this is pretty close. It would probably be 5/10, or rather either one gets 6/10, depending on how you look at it.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
People arguing that versatility = power are just kidding themselves. It doesn't.

Unless it's Superman Vs Captain Marvel, lol am i rite or am i right?

batdude123
Unless it's Superman Vs Captain Marvel, lol am i rite or am i right?

Touche! shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.