Why John Constantine could beat Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardock42
He is cooler
He is a magician (Superman sucks his own balls when it comes to magic)
He could make him drink holy water (cause Supeman is the devil. He would totally drink it and don't notice and then explode from the inside and scream and stuff)
He is cooler
He is British
He can't and won't die (cause them devils need him alive...which is just totally hilarious)
He smokes Silk Cuts

and finally

He is cooler

Thoughts?

Scoobless
Are you drunk?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Scoobless
Are you drunk?

Not yet.

Takion
AHHAHAHA LOL!!!

Takion
Originally posted by Scoobless
Are you drunk?

I am.

Badabing
Originally posted by Takion
I am.
No you're not.

Takion
Originally posted by Badabing
No you're not.

Dam it.

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
No you're not.

laughing out loud

PWNED!!!!

Badabing
laughing

Bardock42
This thread is going better than I thought it would. Sweet.

long pig
Who actually thinks Superman would win? It's not that he wouldn't win, he simply can not win.

Like it or not, Constantine is in the top 10 most powerful...humans in D.C and Marvel. He is a prep-man, but even without it, his powers can come directly from Lucifer himself (the real lucifer never needed JC. Only a guy who said he was lucifer). He was so powerful that the writers had no trouble trying to convince people he was the son of god.

With prep, J.C can pretty much bring about the end of the universe. Without prep, the best you can do if your Superman is hope you can hit him and fly away to another galaxy. Even then, he'd find him.

A cool fact about John is that when he was 8, he banished all illogical and naive thinking from his mind with a spell. He's now unable to think with pure emotion, he can only think in logic, which is why he's such a dick and impossible to scare.

great_dane
flash sends jc through the timestream, till he reaches the endof time. viabrates through superman, and makes fun of the shitty movie jc was in

long pig
Originally posted by great_dane
flash sends jc through the timestream, till he reaches the endof time. viabrates through superman, and makes fun of the shitty movie jc was in
Or...either Superman or JC could heat up the air to above 300 degrees...thereby sending Flash into uncontrollable spasms like last year.

great_dane
or, while flash creates a vortex sucking in all heat, sends them both through the speedforce

long pig
or, while flash creates a vortex sucking in all heat, sends them both through the speedforce
He'd be too much in pain to try. His muscles would stop working like before and he's seize up.

J.C mind rapes Flash like Grodd does on the daily.

great_dane
before he even thought of heating the air, flash would have sent him through a diff. dimension. superman and flash is not even a match. even though for some odd reason a few of you think im a flash fanboy, you all know superman would get shitted on by flash. as for jc, flash reacts faster than he moves, while feeling his muscles tighten up, he'd either get a few couple thousand imps in, or heat touch, and give him some heat.(lets just say 7000 degrees in a picosecond

SpunkySmurph
even though for some odd reason a few of you think im a flash fanboy

eek! laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing

bigbran
even though for some odd reason a few of you think im a flash fanboy Profiled.

Bardock42
532,000 people. 70 miles away. 0.0001 sec

That is soo much bullshit.

Juntai
Originally posted by Bardock42
532,000 people. 70 miles away. 0.0001 sec

That is soo much bullshit. Actually it was .0001 of a picasecond, if I remember right.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually it was .0001 of a picasecond, if I remember right.
I've seen it. It is total shit though.

Alfheim
Originally posted by long pig
Who actually thinks Superman would win? It's not that he wouldn't win, he simply can not win.

Like it or not, Constantine is in the top 10 most powerful...humans in D.C and Marvel. He is a prep-man, but even without it, his powers can come directly from Lucifer himself (the real lucifer never needed JC. Only a guy who said he was lucifer). He was so powerful that the writers had no trouble trying to convince people he was the son of god.

With prep, J.C can pretty much bring about the end of the universe. Without prep, the best you can do if your Superman is hope you can hit him and fly away to another galaxy. Even then, he'd find him.

A cool fact about John is that when he was 8, he banished all illogical and naive thinking from his mind with a spell. He's now unable to think with pure emotion, he can only think in logic, which is why he's such a dick and impossible to scare.

Damn...this guy is no joke. eek!

Soljer
Actually it was .0001 of a picasecond, if I remember right.

Doesn't matter. The Flash was still operating at sub-luminal speeds, smile.

Galan007
Actually it was .0001 of a picasecond, if I remember right. Nah, its was .00001 of a microsecond: smile
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg012jd.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg028eh.jpg

The Flash fanboy (great dane) is gonna get off on those scans... droolio

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Galan007
Nah, its was .00001 of a microsecond: smile
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg028eh.jpg

The Flash fanboy (great dane) is gonna get off on those scans... droolio

roll eyes (sarcastic)

"At a hair's breadth short of the speed of light" ...not a physics major.

Galan007
"At a hair's breadth short of the speed of light" ...not a physics major. Which is why that whole event is complete shit

If you actually do the math you'd find that it would take something moving at many times the speed of light (100's of times the speed of light if I remember correctly) to accomplish that task....

Theres horrible writing for ya...

Soljer
IF you do the calculations, it means that the Flash would have had to be going at like....ten thousand times the speed of light or whatever.

The thing is, we need to take the writers intention into account. Do you honestly think the writer decided to whip out a pad and piece of paper and calculate how fast the flash might have been going? Hell no.

The Writer specifically TOLD us how fast the Flash was going - sub luminal.

That's what matters.

smile.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
IF you do the calculations, it means that the Flash would have had to be going at like....ten thousand times the speed of light or whatever.

The thing is, we need to take the writers intention into account. Do you honestly think the writer decided to whip out a pad and piece of paper and calculate how fast the flash might have been going? Hell no.

The Writer specifically TOLD us how fast the Flash was going - sub luminal.

That's what matters.

smile. One would think that a writer would have known that anything short of the speed of light wouldn't have been enough to accomplish such a feat.....

Thats where the bad writing part comes into play..... Its a very impressive feat none the less.

Soljer
One would think that a writer would have known that anything short of the speed of light wouldn't have been enough to accomplish such a feat.....

Thats where the bad writing part comes into play..... Its a very impressive feat none the less.

The writer, obviously, was a bit dimwitted. Or just picked some big numbers, some small numbers, and wrote it.

But, he DOES tell us, TWICE, that the Flash was operating at subluminal speeds.

Once when he says a 'hairs breadth' of lightspeed, and again when he talks about the Flash having detrimental after effects from travelling at 'near light' speeds.

Galan007
The writer, obviously, was a bit dimwitted. Or just picked some big numbers, some small numbers, and wrote it.

Once when he says a 'hairs breadth' of lightspeed, and again when he talks about the Flash having detrimental after effects from travelling at 'near light' speeds. Yeah I know what he tells us, and honestly the comic writers probably never thought their work would be picked apart so much that they would have to calculate this equation. Its a great feat, but a you'd think little common sense should have told the writer that this feat required speeds>light speed...

But who cares?

Its probably Flash's greatest feat to date....

Soljer
Yeah I know what he tells us, and honestly the comic writers probably never thought their work would be picked apart so much that they would have to calculate this equation. Its a great feat, but a you'd think little common sense should have told the writer that this feat required speeds>light speed...

But who cares?

All I'm still unsure of, is whether you support the feat for the Flash running at near-light speeds, or running at thousands of times the speed of light, erm.

Your opinion never really came to the surface whilst you spoke.

Galan007
All I'm still unsure of, is whether you support the feat for the Flash running at near-light speeds, or running at thousands of times the speed of light, erm.

Your opinion never really came to the surface whilst you spoke. Naturally he would have had to have ran at 100's if not 1000's of times the speed of light to accomplish that feat.... A little common sense would tell anyone that...

Which is the reason why it kills me that a comic book writer wouldn't have thought about what he was writing before he wrote it....

But like I said, Who cares?

Its an awesome feat

Bardock42
Assuming that he took 2 people a time.

That means he ran 266 000 times 64 miles.

That is 17 024 000 miles he ran.

So he ran 27 391 616 kilometres in 0.00001 microseconds.

That is 27 391 616 kilometres in 0.00000000001 seconds.

That is 2739161600000000000 kilometres per second

That is about 9130538666666.6 times the speed of light.

Just to point out how absolute bullshit that is.

Bardock42
Yes, that's how bullshit that is. Just even more.

bigbran
Yeah I know what he tells us, and honestly the comic writers probably never thought their work would be picked apart so much that they would have to calculate this equation. Its a great feat, but a you'd think little common sense should have told the writer that this feat required speeds>light speed...

But who cares?

Its probably Flash's greatest feat to date.... Do you think writers think every thing through?
Comics aren't supposed to have people doing math, and saying, "hey, that writer is a douchebag, doesn't he know..."

His intention is for Flash to be traveling at sub-light speed.
If you want to bring math into this... how does Superman shoot lasers out of his eyes, and how does this stuff melt things? How do you create a formula to give someone the ability to throw cars? How do you make a machine to go into a different universe, when you are only in university, or even, how is this accomplished? How does a human, with human studies, recreate a big bang... and so on.

The writer stated his intention twice, and you can take all the math you want, and it won't change his speed. The only reason this math has been brought to this boards, is because of Flash fanboys smoking his pole, and then saying, hey, we have no common sense, so why don't we try and change a feat stated on-panel?

Flashes speed won't change, no matter how many times you call bullshit writing. And even if you could change it, it was pis, so... ya.

If we used math in every feat of Flashes, then Great Dane would be blowing his load twice as much to this character.

Not his greatest feat.

Brian Oswald
plus the people he was carrying would be obliterated at that speed sad

Galan007
Originally posted by bigbran
Do you think writers think every thing through?
Comics aren't supposed to have people doing math, and saying, "hey, that writer is a douchebag, doesn't he know..."

If you want to bring math into this... how does Superman shoot lasers out of his eyes, and how does this stuff melt things? How do you create a formula to give someone the ability to throw cars? How do you make a machine to go into a different universe, when you are only in university, or even, how is this accomplished? How does a human, with human studies, recreate a big bang... and so on.

The writer stated his intention twice, and you can take all the math you want, and it won't change his speed. The only reason this math has been brought to this boards, is because of Flash fanboys smoking his pole, and then saying, hey, we have no common sense, so why don't we try and change a feat stated on-panel?

Flashes speed won't change, no matter how many times you call bullshit writing. And even if you could change it, it was pis, so... ya.

If we used math in every feat of Flashes, then Great Dane would be blowing his load twice as much to this character.

Not his greatest feat. meh.............. I really could care less about math being brought into comics. (thats actually not a point i was making)

Its a comic book, who cares if whats written makes sense? The majority of comics don't make sense to real-world physics anyways, so shouldn't be a big deal at all....

And I think its definatley one of flash's greatest speed feats to date...

Soljer
meh.............. I really could care less about math being brought into comics. (thats actually not a point i was making)

Its a comic book, who cares if whats written makes sense? The majority of comics don't make sense to real-world physics anyways, so shouldn't be a big deal at all....

And I think its definatley one of flash's greatest speed feats to date...

I don't think it's anywhere near the Flash's greatest speed feat, considering that he was travelling at sub-luminal speeds, erm.

Galan007
I don't think it's anywhere near the Flash's greatest speed feat, considering that he was travelling at sub-luminal speeds, erm. Its my oppinion thats its one of his greatest speed feats, whether you agree with me or not!

stick out tongue

Soljer
Its my oppinion thats its one of his greatest speed feats, whether you agree with me or not!

stick out tongue

But I could post a dozen feats that show the Flash going at faster speeds than he did in those scans....confused .

bigbran
meh.............. I really could care less about math being brought into comics. (thats actually not a point i was making)

And I think its definatley one of flash's greatest speed feats to date... I'm just saying that you are using real world logic, to help you reach why this is Flash's greatest feat.
What, I am saying, is that if you used that every time, it just wouldn't be a comicbook, and you are trying to use math over the writers point.
Therefore, Flash was never going at anywhere over light speed.

You think that going sub-lightspeed, is his best feat? How the hell does he "kamikaze" Eternity then?

SpunkySmurph

Once when he says a 'hairs breadth' of lightspeed, and again when he talks about the Flash having detrimental after effects from travelling at 'near light' speeds.

Those are the only two sentences that really matter out of both of those scans.

Thats what defines the feat. Not the amount of people, or the distance, but the statements that the speeds were subliminal.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Those are the only two sentences that really matter out of both of those scans.

Thats what defines the feat. Not the amount of people, or the distance, but the statements that the speeds were subliminal.

Subluminal. Slower than light.

Subliminal. Existing below a threshold consciousness.

I believe you meant the former, wink.

Regardless, yes, I agree. The writer printed, in plain text, the exact speed that the Flash was going. That's what matters.

SpunkySmurph
Subluminal. Slower than light.

Subliminal. Existing below a threshold consciousness.

I believe you meant the former, wink.

Regardless, yes, I agree. The writer printed, in plain text, the exact speed that the Flash was going. That's what matters.

You people and your... words. mad

stick out tongue Anyways, the amount of people and the distance is just the scenario. When you come down to it, context isnt really all that important, unless it affects the character's ability to perform. In this case it doesn't, so, while it may not make perfect sense, the fact is he was going at sublUminal speeds. smile

So, yes, I completley agree

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You people and your... words. mad

It's okay. You are Canadian, after all. You're thusly excused from intellectual matters. stick out tongue.

shifty

long pig
But seriously, as long as Constantine is under direct protection from Lucifer, he can't be beaten. The best anyone under god can hope for is a stalemate.

batdude123
But seriously, as long as Constantine is under direct protection from Lucifer, he can't be beaten. The best anyone under god can hope for is a stalemate.

Silly long pig, Superman IS God...

long pig
Originally posted by batdude123
Silly long pig, Superman IS God...
No, no. Batman is god.

Batman could kick the multi-verse clear across this here room!

batdude123
No, no. Batman is god.

Batman could kick the multi-verse clear across this here room!

Well.... yeah. smile

olympian
He would with prep only.

A huge mystical/magic prep master ready to deal with you? And you dont have an invulnerability to it? Your done.

Bardock42
Do you think writers think every thing through?

Not his greatest feat.

Yes, but the point is that this writer did just write Bullshit for fun. Atomic Bombs don't kill everyone in 0.0001 microseconds. He could have given Flash a second time. Or more and he could have still done it just without going 9 130 538 666 666.6 times the speed of light.

That is nine trillion one hundred thirty billion five hundred thirty-eight million six hundred sixty-six thousand six hundred sixty-six for those who care.

Flash should not run that fast. And he wasn't intended to run that fast. So people using it as a feat of Flash are morons.

trolly_crouchjr
Its a wonder why those people din burn up

Soljer
Originally posted by olympian
He would with prep only.

A huge mystical/magic prep master ready to deal with you? And you dont have an invulnerability to it? Your done.

Arguable. Constantine is still just a human, and still speaks (and casts spells) at human level speeds.

Galan007
I'm just saying that you are using real world logic, to help you reach why this is Flash's greatest feat.
What, I am saying, is that if you used that every time, it just wouldn't be a comicbook, and you are trying to use math over the writers point.
Therefore, Flash was never going at anywhere over light speed.

You think that going sub-lightspeed, is his best feat? How the hell does he "kamikaze" Eternity then? But you seem to be picking only one part of that scenerio....

The writer did say Flash was moving below light speeds...

But the writer also showed us that Flash moved 532,000 people in .00001 microseconds, by moving them 1 at a time, and sometimes 2 at a time. You cant ignore this fact either:

All i said was if you do the math, Flash was moving much greater then light speed, and simple common sense should have told the writer that much.....

But again, who cares?
Its a great feat...

Stupid Rookie
But you seem to be picking only one part of that scenerio....

The writer did say Flash was moving below light speeds...

But the writer also showed us that Flash moved 532,000 people in .00001 microseconds, by moving them 1 at a time, and sometimes 2 at a time. You cant ignore this fact either:

All i said was if you do the math, Flash was moving much greater then light speed, and simple common sense should have told the writer that much.....

But again, who cares?
Its a great feat...

Yeah the writer should have know better, but I think he didn't even know what a micro second was.

As far as the feat goes, I think anything that is stated as fact and then contradicted within a few panels is BS.

I am the one one here who thinks this, but I think that in IG when Silver Surfer went 1 LIGHT YEAR in basically a tiny fraction of a second. Thanos' arm didn't really move and we know he throws a hard/fast punch, is a better feat.

Dr. Matthew

He is cooler
He could make him drink holy water (cause Supeman is the devil. He would totally drink it and don't notice and then explode from the inside and scream and stuff)
He is cooler
He is British
He can't and won't die (cause them devils need him alive...which is just totally hilarious)
He smokes Silk Cuts

and finally

He is cooler

Thoughts?

Epicurus
Constantine wins. And it has nothing to do with him being cooler(being cooler than Superman isn't saying much) or him being British(which again isn't saying much).

DarkSaint85
Lol. Silk Cuts. Who cares?

-Pr-
lol @ being british.

celeyhyga17

He is cooler
He is cooler
He is British
He smokes Silk Cuts

and finally

He is cooler

Thoughts?
I agree.
Especially the part where John is a magician and that Clark sucks his own balls.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I agree.
Especially the part where John is a magician and that Clark sucks his own balls.

WATCH YOUR !@#$%^& MOUTH, BOY!

Stoic
The thread title should be Why John Constantine should not be able to beat Superman. Because there are quite a few reasons.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I agree.
Especially the part where John is a magician and that Clark sucks his own balls. thumb up

Endless Mike
I agree

beatboks

It's up there but no comparison at all to Human race. Now THAT IS Bullshit

beatboks

o_O ????

John isn't under "direct protection from Lucifer". he was under protection from the triumverate (which did NOT include Lucifer at the time). After that feat the First of the Fallen (who I think you are confusing with lucifer when in fact he is the exponged conscience of the Presence) gave up his hold on hell and any claim to thr trone and stopped caring about if the Presence won or not and STILL came after John. He tried to take him 3 times after than.

Bardock42
I made this thread. Good times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.