Imperiex (Prime) Vs Galactus (Full Power)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Who wins?

Starhawk
Galactus, in your own words, Imperiex's greatest threat is that he can unleash a Big Bang which Galactus has shown he can survive.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Starhawk
Galactus, in your own words, Imperiex's greatest threat is that he can unleash a Big Bang which Galactus has shown he can survive.
That happened under different circumstances......
It was not like he was standing ifront of a big bang and then....yay I survived it.

Starhawk
Actually it kindof was. The M'krann Cystal exploded and caused a big bang.

I think it would actually be closer to a stalemate. I don't see how ethier one could hurt the other enough to claim a victory.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Starhawk
Actually it kindof was. The M'krann Cystal exploded and caused a big bang.

I think it would actually be closer to a stalemate. I don't see how ethier one could hurt the other enough to claim a victory.
And both get taken down by Dr Strange,Sentry,Scarlet Witch while Doom and Reed are making a machine to beat them shifty

Bentley
Galactus wins, his powers are about those of an abstract when he is fullpowered. Imperiex is just a though guy on a suit, he has no chance.

Besides, Galactus is an actual character and not a horrible misplaced/miswritten plot device entirely created to make Supes look cool. Ok, there, I said it.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Bentley
Galactus wins, his powers are about those of an abstract when he is fullpowered. Imperiex is just a though guy on a suit, he has no chance.

Besides, Galactus is an actual character and not a horrible misplaced/miswritten plot device entirely created to make Supes look cool. Ok, there, I said it.
Superman needed to merge with Dc's Eternity called Kismet and they also needed the aid of the Omega Effect and an Alien Armada to crack Imperiex's armor.

Bentley
Yes, I know all that, but the feeling I get from Kismet is that while a Guardian from eternity bound to reality itself, its not nearly as strong as an abstract. You see, Galactus is needed to keep the balance of the universe as much as any of the abstracts, but that doesnt mean that he is in fact as strong as them; we know for a fact that when he is not well-fed he is in fact weaker, meaning that being bound to reality itself, while an important position, doesnt necesarily means you have an abstract level of power.

Regarding the alien armada, Thannos took one by himself. The Omega Effect has been resisted by the Surfer (I'm stating things that had been posted before). I dont mean to say they arent awesome feats, Imperiex IS very powerful and difficult to handle. But I still think that Galactus well fed is stronger than that, he also has better feats.

juggernaut66666
The Omega Effect has been resisted by the Surfer (I'm stating things that had been posted before).
Surfer only took the omega Beam which instantly Ko'd him if I remeber correctly he was dying or something.The Omega Effect has pretty high showings like hurting a weakend Anti-Monitor.Anyway that was a non canon crossover.
Imperiex IS very powerful and difficult to handle.
Don't forget that all those things that they have done(Kismet Superman attacking him Omega Effect etc etc)
Didn't destroy Imperiex only cracked his armor the energy unleashed was somehow absorbed by Braniac 13 which seems pretty stupid since it was a Big Bang
But I still think that Galactus well fed is stronger than that, he also has better feats.
I wouldn't agree with that since Galactus's best showing is destroying a Universe.Imperiex has been shown to release the Big Bang numerous times which has also destroyed the Universe and also recreated it. If I remember correctly Imperiex's purpose to the destroy the Universe was in a Multi-Versal scale.

breeze85
The infamous full-powered Galactus definitely takes this, as rare and unseen he might be. However, I think Imperiex Prime stomps a regular Galactus.

Bentley
Galactus survived the destruction of the universe, that means he can take the best we've seen from Imperiex.

I agree that Imperiex has an awesome destructive power, but everything that was needed to crack his armor while devastating, its only powerful under certain frameworks. If anything has survived the Omega Effect, then we know it has some limits; I already mentioned why Kismet doesnt seem somewhat limited to me, which only adds to my doubt if power Imperiex was all that big; the alien army could've been very powerful or not, to really judge the whole power of the combined attack we need to look at other feats.

Also, Imperiex seems like a rather mundane being to me, it strikes me as someone who while strong is really limited. Galactus is in balance with the very universe, it is the kind of behavior that you expect to have from a real higher power. If Imperiex was a higher power, he wouldnt have been stopped and thats that, something would've happened by the balance broken such as when Galactus was killed. This little paragraph has more to do with the way characters are written than the actual things we've seen from there, so I dont mean for it to be a valid point in the argument.

thtadthtshldntb
Galactus did not survive a big bang. A higher power, the Phoenix Force preserved him through it.

Anyway, Imperiex is an energy being not unlike though much weaker than a Celestial. Galactus can eat a Celestial, at least the energy in one's armor. Galactus can just chow down on Imperiex.

Unless he trips of a stray asteroid and brains himself on that retarded helmet...

Galactus ftw.

Bentley
Hey, Galactus existed (in some form) before the Big Bang, right? Galactus is alive now, right? How is that not "Galactus survived the "Big Bang"?

Yeah, I know, you probably thought meant "by himself". It did sound like that right? (and it was meant like that, I'm just trying to sound funny and failing miserably in doing so)

Galan007
Great fight, I'd say Big G would eventually take this, but it wouldn't be easy

Galactus 6/10

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Galan007
Great fight, I'd say Big G would eventually take this, but it wouldn't be easy

Galactus 6/10

It would be easier than you think. Unchecked, Galactus can allow his hunger to consume opponents as an offensive tactic. He killed the renegade celestial this way, all of the elders of the universe simultaneously, (except for the collector, I think..who wasn't present for some reason) Threatened to consume mephisto's entire dimension (and mephisto was running scared of it), and it's been SAID it could consume 616 as well, though obviously this has never been demonstrated.

The BIG difference between galactus and imperiex is that Galactus is NOT evil, and keeps a great deal of his power contained as he doesn't consume or kill indescriminately. That big costume of his is largely there to regulate his power and keep it from getting out of hand. Galactus can consume/destroy planets under his own power. He created a ship (TAA II) That's the size of an entire galaxy. He could easily destroy an object of that size as well, again under his own power. He's IMMUNE to the omega effect.

Imperiex does not have this issue, and did everything he could to destroy the DC universe. He needed to make use of a "hollower" device to attempt to destroy DC earth, and it can reasonably be assumed he was going all out in his showings.

Galactus takes this more often than not.

Mr Master
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Galactus did not survive a big bang. A higher power, the Phoenix Force preserved him through it.

In what issue did this happen?

Phoenix preserving or saving Galactus?

Galactus ftw.

I agree.

Galactus wasn't even Full Power during the Black Celestial arc and he took down a Universe, and if he wouldn't have stopped himself he would have absorbed the Multi-verse.

And who knows if even that would have given him his Full Power.

Bentley
It is true that we have never seen Galactus trying to achieve something no matter what, his potential is unknown and because of that some people read that its not as high as (at least I think) it is.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Space M ummy
It would be easier than you think. Unchecked, Galactus can allow his hunger to consume opponents as an offensive tactic. He killed the renegade celestial this way, all of the elders of the universe simultaneously, (except for the collector, I think..who wasn't present for some reason) Threatened to consume mephisto's entire dimension (and mephisto was running scared of it), and it's been SAID it could consume 616 as well, though obviously this has never been demonstrated.

The BIG difference between galactus and imperiex is that Galactus is NOT evil, and keeps a great deal of his power contained as he doesn't consume or kill indescriminately. That big costume of his is largely there to regulate his power and keep it from getting out of hand. Galactus can consume/destroy planets under his own power. He created a ship (TAA II) That's the size of an entire galaxy. He could easily destroy an object of that size as well, again under his own power. He's IMMUNE to the omega effect.

Imperiex does not have this issue, and did everything he could to destroy the DC universe. He needed to make use of a "hollower" device to attempt to destroy DC earth, and it can reasonably be assumed he was going all out in his showings.

Galactus takes this more often than not.
What are you talking about?
Imperiex wasn't evil he thought that it was his purpose to release the Big bang and at the end he did it under his own power he didn't need anything to do it.

Space M ummy
It is true that we have never seen Galactus trying to achieve something no matter what, his potential is unknown and because of that some people read that its not as high as (at least I think) it is.

To be fair, this is also because there are some inexplicable low showings out there as well that exist only to give certain characters (I'm looking at you, Thor) good showings.

At his debut, Galactus was Tied with eternity and death as essential, irresistable force of the universe. He's been bumped down considerably since then due to the whims of one writer or another, and as such his power fluctuates quite a bit depending on how "hungry" he is at the time.

But I agree with Mr. Master. As far as good showings go, "black celestial arc" galactus is probably as close as we're going to see a true "full power galactus."

Kutulu
FP Galactus wins 10/10

Space M ummy
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
What are you talking about?
Imperiex wasn't evil he thought that it was his purpose to release the Big bang and at the end he did it under his own power he didn't need anything to do it.

Hitler wasn't evil, he thought it was just his purpose to exterminate the jews and genetically purify germany and dominate europe.

See what I did there?

juggernaut66666
Hitler wasn't evil, he thought it was just his purpose to exterminate the jews and genetically purify germany and dominate europe.

See what I did there?
In that case Galactus is also evil since he eats planets where people live .

Bentley
To me is a lot like this: Galactus is a force of nature, Imperiex is an individual. No idividuals can defeat true forces of nature unless there is a factor involved (I'm looking at your Guantlet Thanos).

Imperiex thought that he was a force of nature and thus he wanted to destroy the universe, this is no different than the Hitler example. Galactus in the other hand, is what he is and there is no need for him to prove anything.

Space M ummy
In that case Galactus is also evil since he eats planets where people live .

No, because Galactus is necessary for the survival of the marvel universe. If Galactus DIDNT consume planets, he would die, and the marvel universe would die with him. This is why he was immune to the omega effect- as a "necessity" he could NOT be "removed from the source" so to speak.

is "death" (the abstract) evil, because it kills people? No, because death is a necessity. Existence without death would be far worse than the alternative. It is the same with Galactus.

It's also been strongly hinted at that at the end of this existence, galactus will release the power he's absorbed and "renew" the entire universe, giving back more than he's ever taken.

an "evil" galactus would consume indescriminately just because he could, If you know anything about Galactus, this isn't the case- he goes out of his way to contain his power as much as possible.

all of this is a moot point anyway. consensus is that galactus totally ownz your dood. big grin Also, the ultimate nullifier is just another aspect of galactus. That thing can kill anything, anywhere in the blink of an eye- even entire multiverses.

Imperiex is nothing against it. game over!

juggernaut66666
No, because Galactus is necessary for the survival of the marvel universe. If Galactus DIDNT consume planets, he would die, and the marvel universe would die with him. This is why he was immune to the omega effect- as a "necessity" he could NOT be "removed from the source" so to speak.

is "death" (the abstract) evil, because it kills people? No, because death is a necessity. Existence without death would be far worse than the alternative. It is the same with Galactus.

It's also been strongly hinted at that at the end of this existence, galactus will release the power he's absorbed and "renew" the entire universe, giving back more than he's ever taken.

an "evil" galactus would consume indescriminately just because he could, If you know anything about Galactus, this isn't the case- he goes out of his way to contain his power as much as possible.
Yeah forgot that my bad.. embarrasment

Kutulu
Yeah forgot that my bad.. embarrasment

The Ultimate Nullifier is considered standard equipment for Galactus - as it is part of him, the same way that Silver Surfer's board is part of Silver Surfer. One push of the Ultimate Nullifier button, and Galactus can erase nearly any being in the multiverse with but a thought. Full Powered Galactus using the Ultimate Nullifier would obliterate even the anti-monitor in but an instant.

Starhawk
Yeah I agree now that I've read this over. Galactus would probably win.

Imperiex might acutaly be a good enough meal to keep Big G from needing to feed.

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by Mr Master
In what issue did this happen?

Phoenix preserving or saving Galactus?

Its most likely in one of the X titles. I have seen scans and seen people cite it quite often. I'll ask around and follow up with some specifics this weekend.

you can probably get scans however by googling for it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
WHy not just make an Eternity vs. Imperiex thread since that is what Galactus basically has to become to be that powerful. Imperiex wrecks universes. This match is inconclusive cuz I have never seen FP Galactus and Imperiex sucked.

Avalonofthewind
Ion whoops them both.

Then he resurrects them in the Image universe.

Hilariousness ensues.

Starhawk
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ion whoops them both.

Hilariousness ensues.

Co-signed.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ion whoops them both.

Hilariousness ensues.

laughing

Mr Master
Its most likely in one of the X titles. I have seen scans and seen people cite it quite often. I'll ask around and follow up with some specifics this weekend. you can probably get scans however by googling for it.

Actually, I'm only asking to see what you would respond with.

The FACT is Phoenix NEVER had anything to do with Galactus's Origin On Panel.

That's a fallacy made up by bio writers, who monkey wrenched the Phoenix into Galactus's History due to executive decisions made by suits that know nothing about how seriously Comic Book Readers consider continuity.

The reality On Panel:

Galactus's Origin has been depicted THREE times On Panel, NEVER ONCE, was Phoenix mentioned.

If you can find me just ONE comic where this is drawn, I'll agree with you, but since I know your basing this idea on bios or handbooks I know you can't.

Tell me where if anywhere does it mention Phoenix supposedly "enabling Galen to incubate in the Cosmic Egg"....how about even JUST Saving Galactus...

This is the ORIGINAL depiction of Galactus's ORIGIN.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6590/eternitymadeg6zvfs1.th.jpg

This is the SECOND time they depicted Galactus's Origin On Panel.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1505/g1um9sy5.th.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1943/g2va5ro2.th.jpg

And this is the Third:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3530/g1qy9.th.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8348/g2kj9.th.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/618/g3je8.th.jpg

See anything different, yea me neither.

In ALL THREE instances, Eternity or the sentience of the Universe saved Galactus NOT Phoenix, the biatch isn't even Mentioned.

By the way, Do not be confused by the Third depiction, where the sentience is called "the ENIGMA FORCE"

The Enigma Force is what powers Captain Universe, and Captain Universe is the ESSENCE of the UNIVERSE, if He DIES...EVERYONE DIES.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2517/g4fj8.th.jpg

Look hard...and realize Phoenix is NOT even mentioned during the Galactus history lesson.

kevdude
To me is a lot like this: Galactus is a force of nature, Imperiex is an individual. No idividuals can defeat true forces of nature unless there is a factor involved (I'm looking at your Guantlet Thanos).

Imperiex thought that he was a force of nature and thus he wanted to destroy the universe, this is no different than the Hitler example. Galactus in the other hand, is what he is and there is no need for him to prove anything.

Imperiex is not a individual at all.. confused . He is a force nature, and is the embodiment of Entropy. He was created to destroy the DCU by God. Galactus isn't going to 'chow down' on Imperiex Prime at all. Imperiex doesn't need Hollowers, they just make everything so much simpler. My guess is the battle will last millions of years until Imperiex finally drains Galactus of his energy.. cool

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by Mr Master
Actually, I'm only asking to see what you would respond with.

The FACT is Phoenix NEVER had anything to do with Galactus's Origin On Panel.

That's a fallacy made up by bio writers, who monkey wrenched the Phoenix into Galactus's History due to executive decisions made by suits that know nothing about how seriously Comic Book Readers consider continuity.

The reality On Panel:

Galactus's Origin has been depicted THREE times On Panel, NEVER ONCE, was Phoenix mentioned.

If you can find me just ONE comic where this is drawn, I'll agree with you, but since I know your basing this idea on bios or handbooks I know you can't.

Tell me where if anywhere does it mention Phoenix supposedly "enabling Galen to incubate in the Cosmic Egg"....how about even JUST Saving Galactus...

This is the ORIGINAL depiction of Galactus's ORIGIN.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6590/eternitymadeg6zvfs1.th.jpg

This is the SECOND time they depicted Galactus's Origin On Panel.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1505/g1um9sy5.th.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1943/g2va5ro2.th.jpg

And this is the Third:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3530/g1qy9.th.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8348/g2kj9.th.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/618/g3je8.th.jpg

See anything different, yea me neither.

In ALL THREE instances, Eternity or the sentience of the Universe saved Galactus NOT Phoenix, the biatch isn't even Mentioned.

By the way, Do not be confused by the Third depiction, where the sentience is called "the ENIGMA FORCE"

The Enigma Force is what powers Captain Universe, and Captain Universe is the ESSENCE of the UNIVERSE, if He DIES...EVERYONE DIES.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2517/g4fj8.th.jpg

Look hard...and realize Phoenix is NOT even mentioned during the Galactus history lesson.

Here this entry references some issues. As I have said, I will ask around this weekend.

The reference above refers so a FF Handbook, which presumably counts until retconed, and an X-Men series.

Mr Master
Here this entry references some issues. As I have said, I will ask around this weekend.

You will ask,

but you will find no answers.

Believe me, I've researched the matter thoroughly.

It's just that when people say Phoenix was involved in Big G's origin, it always interests me where they're getting that info.

The reference above refers so a FF Handbook, which presumably counts until retconed,

Actually it will never count until it's artistically depicted On Panel.

and an X-Men series.

Never happened.

Bentley
Imperiex THOUGHT he was a force of nature, if he really was a natural being in balance with the universe (in the wat Galactus is) I dont see why Kismet would intervene to stop him. Unless of course, Kismet is not in balance with the DCU, but I dont think there is on panel proof for that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.