Max Faraday vs The Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Max Faraday
http://www.comicsvf.com/scans/voimage/divineright/12.jpg
When college student and cyber geek Max Faraday accidentally downloaded a formula that gave him access to the limitless powers of the universe, his life was instantly changed. Suddenly becoming an omnipotent super-being with godlike power and awareness, essentually having th power to control all creation .

vs

The Spectre
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Spectre30.jpg
The Spectre's powers were reduced after the Crisis on the Infinite Earths, but he is still the most powerful human spirit on Earth. The Spectre and the physical body of Jim Corrigan can exist independently of each other. However, if they do not reunite within 24 hours, Corrigan's body will die and the Divine Wrath will return to the Ether until a new Spectre is chosen.

The Spectre is intangible, can fly, turn invisible, inhabit and animate inanimate objects, and sense the intentions of people in the place where they plan to carry those intentions out. The Spectre knows many secrets of the universe and its inhabitants, though even he is not omniscient. The Spectre can sometimes get glimpses into the future, although this is not without great difficulty. The only time he was given a long, vivid glimpse into the future was when God granted him one in order to warn the JLA and prevent universal destruction.

The Spectre can be injured or even slain by sufficient magic force, most notably the Spear of Destiny. Also, if the human host dies, the current Spectre will be no more and the human spirit and the Divine Wrath will separate, each going to his respective destination in the realms beyond life.

complexbrother
I am so tired of this board. if it ain't a mainstreme hero (IE Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Superman, ect) most of you have no intrest in. I thought this was a board for comic book enthusiasts .

end rant.

tyranus
never heard of him, give me a link or something so i can can judge.

Galan007
I dont know enough about MF to make a conclusive decision on the outcome of this battle....

Supreme being
Heck spectre for the win the Creation Wheel is universal therefore max Faraday will lose.

guy222
Originally posted by complexbrother
Max Faraday
http://www.comicsvf.com/scans/voimage/divineright/12.jpg
When college student and cyber geek Max Faraday accidentally downloaded a formula that gave him access to the limitless powers of the universe, his life was instantly changed. Suddenly becoming an omnipotent super-being with godlike power and awareness, essentually having th power to control all creation .

vs

The Spectre
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Spectre30.jpg
The Spectre's powers were reduced after the Crisis on the Infinite Earths, but he is still the most powerful human spirit on Earth. The Spectre and the physical body of Jim Corrigan can exist independently of each other. However, if they do not reunite within 24 hours, Corrigan's body will die and the Divine Wrath will return to the Ether until a new Spectre is chosen.

The Spectre is intangible, can fly, turn invisible, inhabit and animate inanimate objects, and sense the intentions of people in the place where they plan to carry those intentions out. The Spectre knows many secrets of the universe and its inhabitants, though even he is not omniscient. The Spectre can sometimes get glimpses into the future, although this is not without great difficulty. The only time he was given a long, vivid glimpse into the future was when God granted him one in order to warn the JLA and prevent universal destruction.

The Spectre can be injured or even slain by sufficient magic force, most notably the Spear of Destiny. Also, if the human host dies, the current Spectre will be no more and the human spirit and the Divine Wrath will separate, each going to his respective destination in the realms beyond life.

Spectre

UniOmni
I never did get to find Divine Right.

From what i've heard, Max is hella powerful.

He'd probably beat average Spectre, but lose to ultimate high end ghosty.

King Kandy
They sound about equal.

batdude123
Max Faraday's origin sounds retarded even by comic book standards.

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
Max Faraday's origin sounds retarded even by comic book standards. Ya... I was just going to post something on it.

How the hell does a computer give him a formula that allows him godlike powers over the universe?
Do the writers realize that computers were man-made?

I don't get how a computer can give him something to fight with Spectre, or power over creation.

It doesn't add up.

complexbrother
Spectre would loose this confrontation.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Max Faraday's origin sounds retarded even by comic book standards.
It wasn't that simple. Not saying his origin was good but...yeah. Divine Right was kind of assy IMO.

Faraday was hardcore but I give it to Spectre. It would look a lot like his fight with Parallax.

complexbrother
bump

complexbrother
Originally posted by Al the Killer
It wasn't that simple. Not saying his origin was good but...yeah. Divine Right was kind of assy IMO.

Faraday was hardcore but I give it to Spectre. It would look a lot like his fight with Parallax.

I kinda disagree I belive Fairaday could take it because I belive Faraday's powers wasn't magical in nature .

TricksterPriest
This guy needs some massive firepower to take down Spectre. Feats?

complexbrother
here.

http://www.comicvine.com/max-faraday/29-51553/

occultdestroyer
Max Faraday reminds me of God Swamp Thing.

And they both killed themselves in the end.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Charmander
Ya... I was just going to post something on it.

How the hell does a computer give him a formula that allows him godlike powers over the universe?
Do the writers realize that computers were man-made?

I don't get how a computer can give him something to fight with Spectre, or power over creation.

It doesn't add up.

That's pretty bad. Almost as bad as someone drinking a formula and gaining the power of a million exploding suns.

guysangel
Spectre

Enyalus
So, is Digi going to defend WildStorm's honor here, or...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.