Karima Shapandar vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Karima Shapandar vs Spider-Man.

City environment. No prep. Standard rules.

Who wins?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Karima Shapandar vs Spider-Man.

City environment. No prep. Standard rules.

Who wins?

Spider man vs. a Prime Sentinel? are you insane? How is this not a spite thread?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Spider man vs. a Prime Sentinel? are you insane? How is this not a spite thread? I've only seen a few of her appearances. She doesn't seem blow-up the city by looking at it powerful or anything. She largely uses projectiles.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I've only seen a few of her appearances. She doesn't seem blow-up the city by looking at it powerful or anything. She largely uses projectiles.

Prime Sentinels are equipped with several technological superpowers: flight, superstrength, and force-blasts. As well as this, they have the ability to dampen or disrupt the powers of mutants around them. They have combat computers, which allow them to compensate for surprising events (say, the arrival of police cars) faster than normal humans. Finally, their programming may use the natural personality of the host to lull unsuspecting targets into conversation, at which point they dampen their powers and kill them. Omega Prime Sentinels, like Karima Shapandar, are equipped with some level of electromagnetic powers, but these were apparently prototypes, as their designs are clunkier than other Prime Sentinels.

In X-Men 2000 Annual one of the deadliest abilities of the Prime Sentinels is displayed : they can inject anyone with nanomachines that will turn the target into a Prime Sentinel. It can be noticed that in the selfsame episode Rogue tries to use her personality-absorbing powers on one of the Prime Sentinels only to find nothing at all: she then states that nothing of the original host remains once the Prime Sentinel personality has taken over.

that's from a quick wikipedia search- Prime sentinels are pretty far past spider man in terms of power. Putting him up against that is essentially setting him up for an automatic loss.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Space M ummy
that's from a quick wikipedia search- Prime sentinels are pretty far past spider man in terms of power. Putting him up against that is essentially setting him up for an automatic loss. Fight's in character. I've read the wikipedia stuff, but I've also seen Karima in Excalibur and a little bit of the new X-Men. She has a good damage soak/regenerative ability, and physical abilities and a wide array of projectile weaponry, which are her main offensive, but she doesn't seem unbeatable to me.

If you really think it's that unbalanced I can give Spider-Man some one-sided prep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.