Superman VS FF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ichigo66666
Superman from Superman Returns

Fights

The Film Fantastic Four

The FF get 3 days prep.

Who takes this?

FF have been told that Superman is working with Doom and is a serious danger.

Galan007
The movie FF pretty much sucked, and seemed nothing like their comic books counterparts...

The Superman from the movie would kick their ass...

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by Galan007
The movie FF pretty much sucked, and seemed nothing like their comic books counterparts...

The Superman from the movie would kick their ass...

Meh, i thought they were alright, sucked to the comics, but not that bad.

I haven't seen SR, i plan not to, might rent it, I refuse to give my money to him. cool

They do have 3 days prep though.

Badabing
Movie Doom was almost too much for Movie FF. Mocie Supes wins this in a curb stomp.

ThePittman
Well in the movie they knew nothing about Doom but for the Vs thread they would have a basic understanding of the character and public known weaknesses and I think they would stand a chance with Reed coming up with some tech stuff.

Draco69
Reed wasn't half the intelligence of his comicbook counterpart.

It took MONTHS for Reed just to make a machine that could turn Thing back to normal....much less analyze their powers....

D-Block
Supes win he is working with Doom.

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by D-Block
Supes win he is working with Doom.

No, the FF just believe that, it isn't true.

D-Block
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
No, the FF just believe that, it isn't true.
oh my bad misread

ThePittman
Originally posted by Draco69
Reed wasn't half the intelligence of his comicbook counterpart.

It took MONTHS for Reed just to make a machine that could turn Thing back to normal....much less analyze their powers.... Yes he is not nearly as smart as he is in the comic but he is also dealing with something completely new trying to turn Thing back, with Superman he already would know about the Kryptonite and that he is powered by the Sun and that his expertise was in astrophysics would play right into his strengths.

hulk10
I don't like Superman but unless the FF have like...3 days of prep Superman wins.

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by ThePittman
Yes he is not nearly as smart as he is in the comic but he is also dealing with something completely new trying to turn Thing back, with Superman he already would know about the Kryptonite and that he is powered by the Sun and that his expertise was in astrophysics would play right into his strengths.

Happy Birthday Pittman.

Agreed, but if he gets through the gadgets he already has, plus something he can create, he has a pretty good chance.

breeze85
Movie FF were nothing while movie Superman was pretty tough. Also Reed didn't seem that smart at all. 3 days won't make the difference, they get stomped. Kryptonite had little effect on Superman in the end so no problem with that either if the FF had found it somewhere.

Badabing
Happy Birthday Pittman.

Agreed, but if he gets through the gadgets he already has, plus something he can create, he has a pretty good chance.
Quit it. The Movie FF lose.

Howard_Jones
I dunno. Movie Ben Grimm was pretty durable.

Draco69
Originally posted by ThePittman
Yes he is not nearly as smart as he is in the comic but he is also dealing with something completely new trying to turn Thing back, with Superman he already would know about the Kryptonite and that he is powered by the Sun and that his expertise was in astrophysics would play right into his strengths.

How would he know about Kryptonite?

Krypton doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe.

He would have to create a element with a similar wavelength to Kryptonite. Which he isn't nearly smart to do.

FF lose....hard.

erm

Validus
FF have no chance at all.

Draco69
Happy Birthday Pittman.

What gadgets did Movie Reed Richards have?

NADA.

He had a big-ass magnifying glass and a construct capable of withstanding Johnny's flames. That's it.

Superman turned back time by spinning really fast....

no expression

Draco69
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I dunno. Movie Ben Grimm was pretty durable.

He could barely lift a fire truck.....

Superman for some stupid reason found the strength to lift an entire continent made of Kryptonite.....WITH a Kryptonite rock embedded in his torso.

Howard_Jones
He could barely lift a fire truck.....

Superman for some stupid reason found the strength to lift an entire continent made of Kryptonite.....WITH a Kryptonite rock embedded in his torso.

Strength is not equal to durability. Also, he had grip problems with that firetruck, not strength problems.

batdude123
Strength is not equal to durability. Also, he had grip problems with that firetruck, not strength problems.

You know... Superman also had a leverage problem.... WHEN HE WAS THROWING AN ENTIRE GODDAMN CONTINENT INTO SPACE.

no expression

Draco69

He lacked the STRENGTH to grip the truck properly. Plus he was holding on to the cable and back of the truck. He clearly had trouble yanking the truck back since it was dragging Thing along the pavement.....

Are you seriously arguing that Thing would be ANY threat to Superman....?

erm

Draco69
Originally posted by batdude123
You know... Superman also had a leverage problem.... WHEN HE WAS THROWING AN ENTIRE GODDAMN CONTINENT INTO SPACE.

no expression

It must've been hella hard to balance too.....

It's like trying to balance a Hoover on the tip of pin.....

Validus

no expression
laughing out loud

batdude123
It must've been hella hard to balance too.....

It's like trying to balance a Hoover on the tip of pin.....

Indeed.

Originally posted by Validus
laughing out loud

Thank you, thank you...

cool

H. S. 6
Three days of prep mean all of jack shit when you're facing a time traveller.

breeze85
I seriously hope Howard_Jones isn't being serious here.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by breeze85
I seriously hope Howard_Jones isn't being serious here. I'm sure he was just playing. Ben would pose no threat to Superman. The hard part for Supes here to overcome would be the prep but movie Reed wasn't too impressive as previously stated. So Superman should wins this with little trouble. Sue would be the hardest to take out but her shields won't hold up to Supermans punches or even his hv I don't think.

thtadthtshldntb

no expression

Awesome.

This more or less sums up this thread.

Movie Superman is basically a scaled down version of pre Crisis Superman.

The movie FF gets curbstomped.

Howard_Jones
He lacked the STRENGTH to grip the truck properly. Plus he was holding on to the cable and back of the truck. He clearly had trouble yanking the truck back since it was dragging Thing along the pavement.....

Are you seriously arguing that Thing would be ANY threat to Superman....?

erm

First of all, this isn't comics Superman, so stop riding my ass. Second of all, I was talking about his durability, and your lame-ass assumption that strength and durability are the same thing. Also, I didn't say Ben Grimm was a threat to Superman either, so you can kiss my ass, fanboy.

ThePittman

batdude123

Howard_Jones
How the hell do you propose that Reed is going to find kryptonite in just three days? Kryptonite is EXCEPTIONALLY rare, and is definitely not easy to find.

Christ, I hate how everyone thinks you find kryptonite just around the corner w/ like 5 minutes of prep... roll eyes (sarcastic)

True enough, but there is Red Sun energy.

batdude123
True enough, but there is Red Sun energy.

And where do you suppose Reed from the movie is going to get red sun energy?

Howard_Jones
And where do you suppose Reed from the movie is going to get red sun energy?

He created a machine to duplicate the effect of a cosmic storm that comes around once a million years in a couple of weeks. Tweaking Solar Radiation would be a cake walk.

snoopdogg
We don't really know how red Sun energy effects movie Superman. Atleast I don't recall it in the movies.

And though in the comics Luthors battles suit has red solar energy projection and it never seems to help Lex get a win over Supes.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by snoopdogg
We don't really know how red Sun energy effects movie Superman. Atleast I don't recall it in the movies.

And though in the comics Luthors battles suit has red solar energy projection and it never seems to help Lex get a win over Supes.

Superman's not gonna lose to Lex any time this century, so that one's out the window. Also, Reed's not the type to use powered armor and such. He's more or less the type to give huge doses to put something down fast so it's neutralized quick. Luthor's too twisted to use proper application.

batdude123
He created a machine to duplicate the effect of a cosmic storm that comes around once a million years in a couple of weeks. Tweaking Solar Radiation would be a cake walk.

And movie Reed is supposed to do this in three days timeframe? I fail to compute your logic.

Howard_Jones
And movie Reed is supposed to do this in three days timeframe? I fail to compute your logic.

Well, let me put it this way. Analyzing and dupilcating something that comes around once every million years would be extremely difficult through years and years of application and research.

Reed did it in a few weeks.

Now, we already have years upon years of data of solar radiation, its effects, and so foth. If Reed's brain works that fast, calculating that much data in such a short amount of time, then this wouldn't be that much of a problem.

snoopdogg
Superman's not gonna lose to Lex any time this century, so that one's out the window. I see. But the last time I remember the battlesuit(which happens to make out of a k-nite based alloy) was last used in AOS #639. And Lex wasn't using it! Eclipso was using to battle Supeman but still got f*cked up.

batdude123
Well, let me put it this way. Analyzing and dupilcating something that comes around once every million years would be extremely difficult through years and years of application and research.

Reed did it in a few weeks.

Now, we already have years upon years of data of solar radiation, its effects, and so foth. If Reed's brain works that fast, calculating that much data in such a short amount of time, then this wouldn't be that much of a problem.

A machine that FAILED to produce said results.

A sun is completely different from a cosmic storm in the first place, so I don't know where you're making this connection from.

He wouldn't have enough energy, nor would he be able to produce a small-scale nuclear reaction in the middle of his living room. Lack of matierals + lack of knowledge = he wouldn't have a successful experiment. Not to mention.... he's supposed to do all of this in three fuggin' days??!!

Nah, Superman just b*tch-smacks them all before they can do anything.

Reed would probably die in the process of trying to recreate a red sun anyway. Movie Reed wasn't all that impressive.

Validus
First of all, this isn't comics Superman, so stop riding my ass. Second of all, I was talking about his durability, and your lame-ass assumption that strength and durability are the same thing. Also, I didn't say Ben Grimm was a threat to Superman either, so you can kiss my ass, fanboy.
Quite the temper.

Draco69
Originally posted by Validus
Quite the temper.

Indeed....

eek!

ZephroCarnelian
Supes kicks their asses big-style. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.