Heroes stronger than Immortal Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunbu04
No power gems
Don't forget Immortal Hercules is considered is one the strongest being in Marvel Universe by marvel.com his strength is incalculable and up to now his limit are unknown.

Howard_Jones
Hulk's proven stronger than he is, and Thor is his equal.

capt it up
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Hulk's proven stronger than he is, and Thor is his equal.
no im pritty sure thor has admitted herc to be stronger

Soujaboy
Originally posted by capt it up
no im pritty sure thor ahs admitted herc to be stronger

Na

capt it up
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Na
I am also pritty sure there first fight involved a strength compition in which herc won.

batdude123
Superman
Captain Marvel
Kurse

Soljer
I am also pritty sure there first fight involved a strength compition in which herc won.

They armwrestled once.

It didn't stop.

They are of equal strength. smile.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
They armwrestled once.

It didn't stop.

thumb up

capt it up
They armwrestled once.

It didn't stop.

how ever did they not have like a rock throwing contest or some thing? I could have sworn thor said ehrc was stronger and a better fighter

Soujaboy
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman
Captain Marvel
Kurse

Na, neither Superman nor Captain Marvel are stronger than Herc. I see them as peers nothing more, nothing less. However Kurse is much stronger than the three.

Mangog
Classic Juggernaut
etc

Soljer
how ever did they not have like a rock throwing contest or some thing? I could have sworn thor said ehrc was stronger and a better fighter

Scans? I've only ever heard of the arm wrestling, in which they were evenly matched.

Though I do believe Hercules was supposed to be the better hand to hand combatant.

batdude123
Na, neither Superman nor Captain Marvel are stronger than Herc. I see them as peers nothing more, nothing less. However Kurse is much stronger than the three.

Mangog
Classic Juggernaut
etc

Superman is most assuredly stronger than Herc is.

Soujaboy
Scans? I've only ever heard of the arm wrestling, in which they were evenly matched.

Though I do believe Hercules was supposed to be the better hand to hand combatant.

Yep Herc has the slight edge in h2h.

Soujaboy

Na, that would mean that Superman's stronger than BRB, Gladiator, etc, which I don't believe to be true.

batdude123
Na, that would mean that Superman's stronger than BRB, Gladiator, etc

Yep. thumb up

Howard_Jones

Herc's held the Earth before. That, and him and Thor had to stop an armwrestling contest or they were gonna shake the planet out of orbit.

Soujaboy
Yep. thumb up

Na

batdude123
Herc's held the Earth before. That, and him and Thor had to stop an armwrestling contest or they were gonna shake the planet out of orbit.

And?

Superman's stronger than both Herc and Thor.

Soljer

Superman turned the wheels of mageddon.

batdude123
Na

Yeppity-woo!!!

batdude123

Now we're talkin'!!!

Howard_Jones

and that means what now? He turned some wheels, and he needed help moving a moon. Holding a planet and having a contest that nearly shakes it out of orbit is a higher feat.

Soljer
and that means what now? He turned some wheels, and he needed help moving a moon. Holding a planet and having a contest that nearly shakes it out of orbit is a higher feat.

Turning some wheels was compared to moving galaxies.

Soujaboy

I guess, but I'm was never really sure of that comic or feat.

edit: by the narrator or the actual weight was actually established?

Howard_Jones

Once again, that's what I call crap writing. Turning the wheels of Mageddon didn't seem to be that big of a deal at all. Ever.

batdude123

Uh.... solar system.

Still a SHIT load more impressive than anything Herc has ever done.

batdude123
Once again, that's what I call crap writing. Turning the wheels of Mageddon didn't seem to be that big of a deal at all. Ever.

Don't be bitter just 'cause that feat SHATTERS anything Thor and Herc have EVER done.

Just be a man and admit your favorite character is inferior to Superman in terms of strength. erm

Howard_Jones
Uh.... solar system.

and what makes anyone think that this feat is so impressive? I'm assuming Pete Wisdom's knives are the sun then? And Sentry really has the power of such and such exploding suns?

capt it up

don't got them Herc one of my favorit class 100 but I just don't have th money to get his comics as well

Soljer
Uh.... solar system.

My bad. Been a while since I've argued for Superman, stick out tongue.

batdude123
and what makes anyone think that this feat is so impressive? I'm assuming Pete Wisdom's knives are the sun then? And Sentry really has the power of such and such exploding suns?

I'm not understanding what you're talking about...

The ship was FACTUALLY larger than our solar system.... by quite a large margin, actually.

Superman made the damn thing move with pure strength. There's no hyperbole about it, sonny.

Soujaboy
Can I see the scan?

Accel
Does any one know which issue the Mageddon feat takes place in?

There's so much controversy over this that I'd like to see it for myself.

batdude123
Can I see the scan?

Look for the damn thing yourself. I'm too lazy. It's in the Superman respect thread somewhere...

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel

There's honestly no room for interpretation, no matter how hard you try to look at it.

The people who don't like it just stick their head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

Btw, I think it was in the JLA: WWIII story arc iirc.

Soujaboy

As would I...

Accel
There's honestly no room for interpretation, no matter how hard you try to look at it.

The people who don't like it just stick their head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

Btw, I think it was in the JLA: WWIII story arc iirc.
The thing is, going by two scans alone, any one who hasn't read it can't determine just how big the milwheels are based on the size of the entire vessel, except that they are really, really big.

Soujaboy
The thing is, going by two scans alone, any one who hasn't read it can't determine just how big the milwheels are based on the size of the entire vessel, except that they are really, really big.

Took the word strait out of my mouth.

Omega-level
Not necessarily in order:

Hulk
King Thor (normal Thor is his equal)
Gladiator
Classic Juggernaut
Sentry

And cosmics.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Omega-level
Not necessarily in order:

Hulk
King Thor (normal Thor is his equal)
Gladiator
Classic Juggernaut
Sentry

And cosmics.

Oh, ok. confused

Soljer
As for the maggeddon feat, I just posted it in the Hercules vs. Superman thread.

Soujaboy
As for the maggeddon feat, I just posted it in the Hercules vs. Superman thread.

Thats a iffy feat. It really just looked as if he was pulling something really big, nothing close to a solar system though.

Howard_Jones
I posted a thread about it on SHC. Even Superman fans were saying that there's no solid proof that the gears were as heavy as they say they are.

Except for Jellyrobes. sad

batdude123
Thats a iffy feat. It really just looked as if he was pulling something really big, nothing close to a solar system though.

Text>Pictures.

The story arc said Maggedon's ship dwarfed the size of the solar system. How can they possibly make that to scale, and show Superman at the same exact time? Quite simply, they can't. It's the same reason you see heroes up close, while they're pulling things such as a planet.

It's comics.

Poop...

batdude123
I posted a thread about it on SHC. Even Superman fans were saying that there's no solid proof that the gears were as heavy as they say they are.

The whole ship moved as a result of Superman's actions. There is no debate here.

Soujaboy
Text>Pictures.

The story arc said Maggedon's ship dwarfed the size of the solar system. How can they possibly make that to scale, and show Superman at the same exact time? Quite simply, they can't. It's the same reason you see heroes up close, while they're pulling things such as a planet.

It's comics.

Poop...

Thats still not what the scans shows. All it shows is Superman pulling big wheels, nothing even close to the size of a solar system.

Faceman
Superman
Captain Marvel
Kurse Im surprised you didn't say Wonder Woman.

batdude123
Thats still not what the scans shows. All it shows is Superman pulling big wheels, nothing even close to the size of a solar system.

You can't sum up that feat w/ one page of context.

In the JLA: WORLD WAR THREE story arc, featuring Mageddon, his ship "dwarfed the size of the solar system."

You're looking at the pretty picture, when the actual story describe's Mageddon's ship as being such. wink

I watch Pokemon
Pre-Crisis Superman.

olympian

Better H2H figther yes. Stronger so far, no.

Superman and the ilke are dedatable. Some belive they are, others like me belive its the same ballpark (i.e too close) others belive Herc is stronger (yes, ive seen those).

You can't sum up that feat w/ one page of context.

In the JLA: WORLD WAR THREE story arc, featuring Mageddon, his ship "dwarfed the size of the solar system."

You're looking at the pretty picture, when the actual story describe's Mageddon's ship as being such. wink

The size of the ship is one thing. The size of the weels, another.

What did he moved? Scans of the whole thing, anyone?

Jelly always gets proof for anything that is super related. Even things never seen before.

And Juggernaut wasent stronger than Hulk/Thor and Herc. Same ballpark. As for the question, the Hulk can definatly get stronger in situations.

hulk10
Berserk Hulk.

olympian
Tick is stronger.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by olympian
Better H2H figther yes. Stronger so far, no.

Superman and the ilke are dedatable. Some belive they are, others like me belive its the same ballpark (i.e too close) others belive Herc is stronger (yes, ive seen those).

The size of the ship is one thing. The size of the weels, another.

What did he moved? Scans of the whole thing, anyone?

Jelly always gets proof for anything that is super related. Even things never seen before.

And Juggernaut wasent stronger than Hulk/Thor and Herc. Same ballpark. As for the question, the Hulk can definatly get stronger in situations.

Juggernauts strength has no limit....

Dinalfos
Yes it has, unless Cyttorak grants him more power or when possessed by another god.

Soleran

Uh oh, now you did it!

Juggernaut doesn't have any feat EVER to say he has no limit and he's been around awhile. There are better ways to define Juggs limits then your comment thoughsmile

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Yes it has, unless Cyttorak grants him more power or when possessed by another god.

And Cyttorak has, Juggernaut can call uopn him any time.

Dinalfos
And Cyttorak has, Juggernaut can call uopn him any time.

Nah, that's just a Juggernaut Fangirl Fantasy.

snoopdogg
Doesn't the scan of Superman turning the Millwheels state that they are indeed ENDLESS? What does endless mean?

olympian

Yeah...like alot of others stick out tongue

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Doesn't the scan of Superman turning the Millwheels state that they are indeed ENDLESS? What does endless mean?

The scans wer posted? Where?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg

It means they never end. However it's kind of like a name. "The endless wheels of mehgedon", The "Invincible Iron man", and you and I both know Iron man isn't invincible. shifty

snoopdogg
Yeah...like alot of others stick out tongue

The scans wer posted? Where?
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magg0ac.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magg23jf.jpg

olympian
I was about to say ive noticed those two. Those are the only pages about the feat? Where is the mention about the weigth?

Dinalfos
Dammit, if only these comics were written in normal fonts. Now there's no telling if "endless wheels" is a name or not. If it was, there would be capitals.

paolo2144
you know something ,people seem to be taking that one fight in blood oath where thor says herc is slightly h2h fighter as gospel,the fact is this fight was not even in recent continuity it was suppossed to have been one of their earlier meetings they have squared up a couple of times since and thor never seemed to show any inferiority h2h at all if anything he had an edge in one of their fights ,that 1 fight in blood oath is out of place in terms of marvel history where they have always been regarded as equals in strength and fighting ability,i think if it is a wrestling match only then herc has edge but all out anything goes brawl as it would turn out to be could go either way as is borne out by 40 years of continuity.

manorastroman
the mageddon feat is more impressive than anything else post-crisis superman has done as well. if you nix that feat as an outlier, (which i do, especially considering how iffy the feat is. he turned the wheels of a solar-system ship...but we don't know the size of the wheels. nor do we know whether supes gained exponential strength by application of leverage--you know, if the wheel he turned turned a larger wheel which turned a larger wheel and on, he could move the wheels with a fraction of the effort seemingly required.) i don't think superman has anything that stacks up to midgard serpent or holding the earth for atlas.

tkitna
The Wasp once stated that Hercules was the most powerful Avenger ever and thats a team thats included some big boys (Thor and Hulk anybody). Superman is probably stronger, but sometimes I just have to shake my head at DC.

olympian
Originally posted by paolo2144
you know something ,people seem to be taking that one fight in blood oath where thor says herc is slightly h2h fighter as gospel,the fact is this fight was not even in recent continuity it was suppossed to have been one of their earlier meetings they have squared up a couple of times since and thor never seemed to show any inferiority h2h at all if anything he had an edge in one of their fights ,that 1 fight in blood oath is out of place in terms of marvel history where they have always been regarded as equals in strength and fighting ability,i think if it is a wrestling match only then herc has edge but all out anything goes brawl as it would turn out to be could go either way as is borne out by 40 years of continuity.

There is nothing in that figth suggesting its not in continuity just because Herc had an H2H edge. Thats nonsense. Its not like he owned Thor, something he never did in 40 years and thus making this one so horrible.

Owming wrote it as an earlier match. It is in continuity and i use it as gospel as any other match of theyrs.

Originally posted by manorastroman
the mageddon feat is more impressive than anything else post-crisis superman has done as well. if you nix that feat as an outlier, (which i do, especially considering how iffy the feat is. he turned the wheels of a solar-system ship...but we don't know the size of the wheels. nor do we know whether supes gained exponential strength by application of leverage--you know, if the wheel he turned turned a larger wheel which turned a larger wheel and on, he could move the wheels with a fraction of the effort seemingly required.) i don't think superman has anything that stacks up to midgard serpent or holding the earth for atlas.

Any of these three can be speculative. Especially the wheels. If the ship was solar system sized (altho i dont see an actual mention of it in the scans) then the wheels cannot be endless as they would continue beyond the ship stick out tongue

bigbran
There is nothing in that figth suggesting its not in continuity just because Herc had an H2H edge. Thats nonsense. Its not like he owned Thor, something he never did in 40 years and thus making this one so horrible.

Owming wrote it as an earlier match. It is in continuity and i use it as gospel as any other match of theyrs.
Wait, when did Herc gain the advantage?

Oh was it when Herc put his arm on Thor's shoulder, congradulating him, then sneaking in a choke hold?

They were equal in that fight.

Martian_mind
If the wheels of maggedon were so heavy wouldnt those chains need to be bigger?

olympian
Originally posted by bigbran
Wait, when did Herc gain the advantage?

Oh was it when Herc put his arm on Thor's shoulder, congradulating him, then sneaking in a choke hold?

They were equal in that fight.
The chocke hold.

And it was a skill advantage, not a necessarily battle one. Wich was what Thor stated.

bigbran
The chocke hold.

And it was a skill advantage, not a necessarily battle one. Wich was what Thor stated. So, you call cheapshotting, being better at h2h?

Ya he said that, but Herc never showed it in that fight.
Thor also said that on the field of battle they were equals.
Now that isn't true, Thor has his hammer.

olympian
I call him not being able to get free of the hold wich is a move that involves skill being sligthy better at H2H.

Because you know Thor said that in the exact moment he was struggling with the hold. Not before or after.

And i dont belive for a second you actually hate cheapshooting since Thor cheated to get free of the hold, didnt he?

bigbran
I call him not being able to get free of the hold wich is a move that involves skill being sligthy better at H2H.

Because you know Thor said that in the exact moment he was struggling with the hold. Not before or after.

And i dont belive for a second you actually hate cheapshooting since Thor cheated to get free of the hold, didnt he? So... you need better skill than the person giving you the choke, to break free?

Ya, I know.

Wait, did I mention that Thor cheapshotted to get free? Thor cheaped Herc, just like Herc cheaped him.

He said it when he had Thor in the choke hold.
"You... Have WON... The Respect...Of Hercules...But your will... matches mine NOT!..."
Going for choke.
"HUGHHHFFF!!"
After choke.
"And... now I must END this!"

Right down to the punctuation of the play by play fight.

Bentley
I dont get the wheels feat. Are there any proves about how dense those were? Because you can easily be big and not have anywhere the mass of a star, hence its weight, hence, moving may not be a question of power but balance, and given that the ship has to keep an intern balance to move, that may not even be the case.

Martian_mind
Plus if the wheels were so heavy how would those chains not snap

juggernaut66666
Gogwars Doomsday

olympian
Originally posted by bigbran
So... you need better skill than the person giving you the choke, to break free?
When your strength level is virtually the same and the writer is showing both as such, how else would you break free?

paolo2144
there is a lot of debate on the blood oath fight ,when i said not in continuity what i meant to say was having herc have slight edge in that fight is no different from thor 221 where herc was defintely getting the worse of things before zeus stepped in,i think herc is a very skilled wrestler but i still say if its an all out anything goes slugfest it really is way too close to call i also think it depends on the era and the writer,during the silver age thor was marvels top dog and would probably have been given the edge more recently probably herc and for much of the time a dead heat.

juggernaut74
I would say Juggernaut is physically stronger than Hercules. He's overpowered Thor and Hulk in combat.

fsufan89
Silver surfer is stronger

Mrrungo Mu
Sentry.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
Sentry.

Not enough feats.

Originally posted by fsufan89
Silver surfer is stronger
Arguably.

Soujaboy
bump

hunbu04
like hell is juggernaut physically stronger than immortal hercules and for another fact hercules also has not shown limits to his strength

Soujaboy
Originally posted by hunbu04
like hell is juggernaut physically stronger than immortal hercules and for another fact hercules also has not shown limits to his strength

Will you please stop saying like hell? Every time you say that your wrong, so just stop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.