Captain America vs. the Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
STALEMATE!Or Cap.

olympian
Or Thing.

Loot
Thing

Baldey
What a dumbass. Thing wins.

Omega-level
Thing easily.

Dinalfos
Thing. Curbstomp.

endrict
it.

H. S. 6
Thing.

Rather easily.

grey fox
Pure patriotism wont stop Steves head being reduced to Kool Aid.

masterbruce
There is nothing Cap can do to even hurt the Thing. Thing doesn't even need to fight back.

golem370
Captain is a better fight slightly and more experienced and he has an indestructible shield But Thing is stronger tougher. If Thing is really trying to beat Cap then Cap doesn't have a prier

masterbruce
Originally posted by golem370
Captain is a better fight slightly and more experienced and he has an indestructible shield But Thing is stronger tougher. If Thing is really trying to beat Cap then Cap doesn't have a prier

But this isn't even close. Thing could literally just stand there and take as many hits from Cap as he wants. He will barely feel the shield as more than a itch.

golem370
Maybe I think it would effect him alittle more then that

grey fox
Originally posted by golem370
Maybe I think it would effect him alittle more then that

Not really.

Soljer
Didn't mantis one shot the thing?

Out of curiosity.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
Didn't mantis one shot the thing?

Out of curiosity.

maybe, that's what I hate about comics, they're so inconsistent.

but based on average showings, Thing can shrug off an 18 wheeler crashing into him so I doubt Cap could even annoy him with the shield unless a shield swing is more powerful than a direct collision with a 10ton truck.

Bentley
The only thing the Cap has on his side is his jobber aura. This is a spite thread.

Alfheim
Originally posted by masterbruce
maybe, that's what I hate about comics, they're so inconsistent.

but based on average showings, Thing can shrug off an 18 wheeler crashing into him so I doubt Cap could even annoy him with the shield unless a shield swing is more powerful than a direct collision with a 10ton truck.

Its not inconsistent being able to knock out people like Thor is part of her bio on Marvel.com.

Mantis

Her mastery of the Priests' martial arts, which focus on manipulation of nerve endings and pressure points, has enabled her to knock out beings as powerful as Thor.

By the way its not a power it is a skill she has learned. Mantis also has peak human female strength.

Captain America is not as good a fighter as she has but Cap has been able to hurt people as strong as Mister Hyde who now has 75 ton strength.

He has knocked Thunderball out cold who has 10-12 ton strength.

He has kicked Blastarr to the ground who has superhuman strength.

It wont be easy but he could probably find a way to hurt him.

OneDumbG0
It's very simple for Cap to hurt Thing. Poke his "ever lovin blue-eyed" eyes out. Those are still normal and unmutated. That'll at the very least draw a stalemate if not victory.

There's always a way. Has Cap taught you non-believers nothing?

Jyppe
Gamora one shotted Thing with a pressure point attack. Captain America knows pressure points too smile Not saying that Cap could take majority though.

Besides, his shield is sharp. It cuts well and Cap is an amazing thrower. The Shield could damage Thing.

And Masterbruce, when did Thing take a 18-wheeler to chest?

Soljer
Originally posted by Jyppe
Gamora one shotted Thing with a pressure point attack. Captain America knows pressure points too smile Not saying that Cap could take majority though.

Besides, his shield is sharp. It cuts well and Cap is an amazing thrower. The Shield could damage Thing.

Gamora! That was who it was, not Mantis. My bad.

Mantis did Thor.

Anyways....

Thing wins, I wasn't trying to argue for Cap with that question - just out of sheer curiosity, was all.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Jyppe

I don't know, I assume he has.

Anyways, in this one comic, thing was trapped in the machine that crushes cars. The two steel walls were closing in on him and had spikes covering them. The machine broke and the thing didn't even have a scratch.

Later, the thing was thrown in a cannister of molten metal and had no damage.

Captain's shield aint doing shit to thing.

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
I don't know, I assume he has.

Anyways, in this one comic, thing was trapped in the machine that crushes cars. The two steel walls were closing in on him and had spikes covering them. The machine broke and the thing didn't even have a scratch.

Later, the thing was thrown in a cannister of molten metal and had no damage.

Captain's shield aint doing shit to thing.

Captain America's shield has disected an engine block, caught up to a flying missile, and destroyed friggin ULTRON.

It's doing plenty to Thing.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer
Captain America's shield has disected an engine block, caught up to a flying missile, and destroyed friggin ULTRON.

It's doing plenty to Thing.

I think it was an Ultron construct...but still it had to be pretty tough.

DDurand
Some say the shield of C.A. can cut anything, only limited by the strength of the bearer.

Do you think that C.A. can strike sufficiently hard so that its shield cuts "the ever lov' in"?

boriquaking55
No amount of shady plot devices or nonsensical PIS/CIS will save Cap this time.

Unless Loeb writes this

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Alfheim
I think it was an Ultron construct...but still it had to be pretty tough.

Well, I remember Cap decapitating AN Ultron during Avengers: Dissassembled, but I haven't really followed Ultron's various appearances. Though, I am pretty damn sure those Ultrons wern't made of the same stuff.

OneDumbG0
Well, considering that Wolverine was able to scratch off parts of Thing's face with his claws, I think Cap could also accomplish something similar. Although there is some debate that Wolverine is stronger than Cap (personally, I think they've got very similar strength levels), I think the edge of Cap's shield is sufficiently sharp enough to do this if he puts his whole weight and uses both of his arms to do this.

Then again, poking his eyes out is a much easier option than trying to disfigure him or trying to find a pressure point. Personally, I think Gamora is much stronger than Cap, and Cap would probably break his fingers trying to one-shot a pressure point. Daredevil had similar problems with Tombstone in Daredevil #90.

Thing 6/10

hulk10
Bump

Metalmanx
Thing.

No reason to bump this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.