current ion vs Dr. strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunbu04
who will win

Howard_Jones
How do GL's stack up against magic?

juggernaut66666
Magic is a part of current Ion's powers.

hunbu04
current ion now possesses both the starheart from jade and the gl power from the power battery

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Magic is a part of current Ion's powers.

Wha?

Why do they have to make Kyle stupid. sad

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by hunbu04
current ion now possesses both the starheart from jade and the gl power from the power battery
He is the gl corps himself

batdude123
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Wha?

Kyle's definitely not stupid.

juggernaut66666
Wha?

Why is that stupid?
You haven't even read the story it goes like this Jade (Alan Scott's) daughter died in a Infinite Crisis special (she also had acces to the Starheart magic gathered by the Guardians)her lifeforce merged with Kyle he gained acces to the Starheart and the Central battery and he became the "torch bearer"of the Corps so if the Corps get's destroyed kyle can recreate it whenever he wants to.

hunbu04
that's the point in case of a crisis in which the corps is destroyed kyle can recreate a new corps in honor of the gl.

Howard_Jones
He was perfectly fine with just the GL powers. He doesnt' need magic. Let's just throw in the Source as well. Then we'll have the Spectre inhabit his body. Then we'll give him Kryptonian DNA

We'll call him Ionsdayman.

King_Mungi
He was perfectly fine with just the GL powers. He doesnt' need magic. Let's just throw in the Source as well. Then we'll have the Spectre inhabit his body. Then we'll give him Kryptonian DNA

You talking about Wolverine?

batdude123

Or we could throw in the Odinforce and knowledge of all the Runes, and call him Rune King Thor. erm

hunbu04
kyle limits have not been given yet in his new state of ion but if it is close to classic ion then that will means he will be in the same league as the quintessence

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by batdude123
Or we could throw in the Odinforce and knowledge of all the Runes, and call him Rune King Thor. erm

Rune King Iondayman Surfer. We'll throw in the power cosmic too.

batdude123
Rune King Iondayman Surfer. We'll throw in the power cosmic too.

You can't forget the editorial "S" shield.

manorastroman
doesn't ion only have a small, small portion of the starheart?

regardless, strange would need lots of prep to even make this a contest. thor getting the odinforce makes infinitely more character sense than kyle becoming ion (again) and getting the starheart (for some reason).

Starhawk
Yeah I'm a fan of Strange but this is just nuts, you have to be like Spectre level to take out current Ion at full power.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Kinda like all the upgrades Thanos, Surfer, Thor, Wanda, and Superman Get every other week? Kyle is cool as the torch bearer.

Galan007
Ummm yeah, Ion slaughters Strange

Supreme being
Originally posted by manorastroman
doesn't ion only have a small, small portion of the starheart?

regardless, strange would need lots of prep to even make this a contest. thor getting the odinforce makes infinitely more character sense than kyle becoming ion (again) and getting the starheart (for some reason). confused No he was responsible for giving jade back her powers in the first place and when she died the portion of power he gave her returned to him, makes perfect sense what once was now is.

And Ion for the win.

Soleran
What has the current Ion done to place him above Strange?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by batdude123
You can't forget the editorial "S" shield.

Ah, right.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Kinda like all the upgrades Thanos, Surfer, Thor, Wanda, and Superman Get every other week? Kyle is cool as the torch bearer.

Surfer's had one. Thanos has had one. Thor has had two, and Wanda has had one.

So, where's the other thousand power-ups they're getting?

Soleran
I see folks lapdancing the new Ion before anyone can back it up against Strange.

Sad, sad, sad.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soleran
I see folks lapdancing the new Ion before anyone can back it up against Strange.

Sad, sad, sad. And what exactly is Strange going to do against Ion with no prep?

Soljer
Im not entirely convinced that Ion has enough feats, currently, to have him certainly beat Strange.

However, if his previous power levels, or other bearers of the starheart are any indication....Kyle takes it.

But for now? I'm sticking with inconclusive.

long pig
Is this current or Classic Strange?
Ion seems to be nearly omnipotent from what I've read.

long pig
Originally posted by Soljer
Im not entirely convinced that Ion has enough feats, currently, to have him certainly beat Strange.

However, if his previous power levels, or other bearers of the starheart are any indication....Kyle takes it.

But for now? I'm sticking with inconclusive.
You have a point, his feats are mostly editorial talk. Saying something like "The most powerful being in this universe" in one issue. Could be a "power of a million, billion, google exploding suns" type of bullshit.

But, feat wise, no he hasn't had very many...if any...that Strange couldn't pull off himself in some way.

I still believe Ion is more powerful, though.

Madvillain
Strange stole Shuma-Gorath's powers in his own realm. Isn't shuma Omnipotent there? Strange is badass.

long pig
Originally posted by Madvillain
Strange stole Shuma-Gorath's powers in his own realm. Isn't shuma Omnipotent there? Strange is badass.
Strange makes a living of beating omnipotent beings in their own realm. If you go by one feat of Strange's where he simply can steal infinite power from someone...then he's unbeatable.

I try not to use that feat too much.

Soljer
Originally posted by long pig
You have a point, his feats are mostly editorial talk. Saying something like "The most powerful being in this universe" in one issue. Could be a "power of a million, billion, google exploding suns" type of bullshit.

But, feat wise, no he hasn't had very many...if any...that Strange couldn't pull off himself in some way.

I still believe Ion is more powerful, though.

As do I.

Doesn't mean I believe it's absolute, though.

long pig
I guess we just have to wait until he has more concrete feats other than just narrator claims. I have a feeling we won't have to wait long, have you read the new issues? They're setting him up for something huge.

xmarksthespot
There probably wouldn't really be any duplicate threads...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.