How many tons can Superman press approximately?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraman Baltan
No "Above 100" stuff, please.

ExtraMision5555
beyond 100 tons eek!

masterbruce
at least 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by masterbruce
at least 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Please, no guesses. I want actual information.

King_Mungi
You won't get actual information as there has been no indication of a limit thus far of Superman's strength

grey fox
Originally posted by King_Mungi
You won't get actual information as there has been no indication of a limit thus far of Superman's strength
Because as soon as they state it some rival company can make a character who's stronger.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan

It's not a guess. THe number I gave was 1 quintillion. All Star Supes lifted over 18 quintillion with no effort, so I'm giving regular supes at least 1 quintillion.

boriquaking55

no, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 is actually a number DC writers would use in a comic.

Remember, logic and science are meaningless in the realm of the Big S big grin

masterbruce
Originally posted by boriquaking55
no, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 is actually a number DC writers would use in a comic.

I would say logic and science are meaningless in the realm of all superman level characters (ie thor, gladiator, beta ray, hercules)

when characters can start pulling a planet out of orbit, I start to get sick, physically

masterbruce

This isnt just limited to big S. Think of the feats of Thor, Gladiator, even Wonder Woman.

All of their high feats require that they be even stronger than All Star Superman.

braz
i always thought his strength was unlimited confused

Ultraman Baltan

Big S? More like BS. Supes has had trouble with things only 5,000 tons.

SpunkySmurph
Big S? More like BS. Supes has had trouble with things only 5,000 tons.

confused

Scans?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
confused

Scans?

I don't have any of his comics. I despise the character. But my friend has a comic where he could barely lift a cargo ship.

Wolverine2006
I would say it depends on the writer

King_Mungi
and here I have seen him lift an oil tanker with no problems and toss it like nothing.

masterbruce
and here I have seen him lift an oil tanker with no problems and toss it like nothing.

if he's capable of lifting 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (think of a meteor the size of Canada) then a oil tanker is like a grain of sand, not even.

King_Mungi
if he's capable of lifting 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (think of a meteor the size of Canada) then a oil tanker is like a grain of sand, not even.

All-Star Superman is not the same as mainstream Superman. All-Star was augmented by close proximity to the sun, which is actually killing him.

Regardless Superman #216 is where he did the oiltanker feat tossing it over 2000+ feet all with ease.

braz
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
I would say it depends on the writer

thumb up

masterbruce
All-Star Superman is not the same as mainstream Superman. All-Star was augmented by close proximity to the sun, which is actually killing him.

Regardless Superman #216 is where he did the oiltanker feat tossing it over 2000+ feet all with ease.

let's say All Star superman was 1000 times more powerful than regular superman, that means regular superman can still at least lift

1,000,000,000,000,000 tons

now let's say an oil tanker is 10,000 tons

that means superman lifting an oil tanker was using only .000000000001 % of his strength

masterbruce
this is why I think comic book writers are idiots. Once they say things like moving a mountain or shifting the moon, I really can't take the character seriously anymore.

King_Mungi
let's say All Star superman was 1000 times more powerful than regular superman, that means regular superman can still at least lift

1,000,000,000,000,000 tons

now let's say an oil tanker is 10,000 tons

that means superman lifting an oil tanker was using only .000000000001 % of his strength

As I mentioned earlier it's impossible to state what his strength level is as there hasn't been an indication he has a limit

FYI the large oil tankers are roughly 650,000 tons

Darth Macabre
this is why I think comic book writers are idiots. Once they say things like moving a mountain or shifting the moon, I really can't take the character seriously anymore. Oh, but if they're flying through space and shooting lasers out of their eyes you can? It's the massive strength that breaks the camels back?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Oh, but if they're flying through space and shooting lasers out of their eyes you can? It's the massive strength that breaks the camels back?

no, actually it's not the massive strength that I get pissed about, its the massive INCONSISTENCY in strength.

So if Superman (or Thor or any other similar guy) can lift mountains and stuff, don't in the same comic have them struggling against some guy who can barely lift 200 tons.

I just want consistency.

manjaro
in his second or third appearnace under brynes revamp he lifted luthor's ocean liner with one hand and carried it to safety when luthor staged a terrorist attack to get superman to work for him..the smallest ocean liners weigh about 20,000-40,000 tons luthor's was a decent sized one...when him and an eclipso possessed captain marvel were going at it, they were tossing around an oil tanker those things have a DWT of 100,000 tons(dead weight tonnage)

he even tossed away a space ship the size of a small moon that was exlpoding

even tho this is total bullshitbig grin cuz a white dwarf star of that size would weigh hundreds of millions of tons, not a hundred tons, but to do it effortlessly is still not bad
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5190987

this isnt the ocean liner in question but luthor's own was actually bigger than this
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5330235

DigiMark007

yes

Also, this would be better suited for the comic book questions thread, pinned at the top of the general comics forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.