Martian Manhunter vs Current Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
Who takes it?

Draco69
MM 10/10.

manorastroman
phasing ftw

Brian Oswald
Iron man has no chance here

Innerhype
Originally posted by manorastroman
phasing ftw

Phasing?

Iron Man can counter Martian Manhunter's phasing and telepathy rather easily, and even counterattack his phasing if he trys that...

In fact, the only advantage over Iron Man that MM may have is his strength and if Martian Manhunter still has that fire weakness it's Iron Man 10/10

Otherwise Iron Man would take this 8.5/10

xmarksthespot
no expression

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3245/japan59bu1ok.th.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2899/jla81eu2sy.th.jpg
*scans courtesy of Val

no expression

MM 10/10

Superherovandal
MM 10/10 go to the MM respect forum you obviously don't know much about MM.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Starhawk
Who takes it?

Does Iron Man have prep-time? What battlefield are they fighting on?

Starhawk
Okay make it 2 fights, one with prep and one without.

The fights take place in NYC.

Baldey
Originally posted by Innerhype
Phasing?

Iron Man can counter Martian Manhunter's phasing and telepathy rather easily, and even counterattack his phasing if he trys that...

In fact, the only advantage over Iron Man that MM may have is his strength and if Martian Manhunter still has that fire weakness it's Iron Man 10/10

Otherwise Iron Man would take this 8.5/10

FANBOY Alert.

don't shiv
Jonn' snaps IM into kindling.

nimbus006
MM does take majority, but like Innerhype mentioned if MM does still have his weakness to fire then this fight is more balanced then it might seem.

Accel
J'onn doesn't have that weakness at all any more. Batman recently blasted him with a full dose from a flamethrower and he walked right through it.

Poor Tony is screwed.

Soljer
Originally posted by nimbus006
MM does take majority, but like Innerhype mentioned if MM does still have his weakness to fire then this fight is more balanced then it might seem.

Three words:

Trial of Fire.

manorastroman
j'onns fire weakness is not entirely plot based. sometimes it doesn't phase him, sometimes he has to concentrate, and sometimes he freaks out.

regardless, iron man has certainly not shown defenses against inter-dimensional phasing, nor has he show defenses against near-superman speed/strength/durability/heat vision. and the telepathy thing's a little iffy, considering j'onn is above nearly every mainstream MU character in that department.

Starhawk
They have Psi-blocking tech powerfull enough to block Xavier or the Shadow King.

I's say the real danger of MM is the Phasing and Shape-Shifting.

manorastroman
for one, who's they? for two, is it a part of iron man's suit? for three, martian manhunter is arguably>>>>than those two.

Starhawk
1) No way is MM a stronger teep then Xavier or the Shadow King. The Shadow King during Psi-war controlled 90% of the minds on earth at the same time, MM has never done anything to match that.

2) Shield has it, so current Iron Man MIGHT have it.

manorastroman
1) No way is MM a stronger teep then Xavier or the Shadow King. The Shadow King during Psi-war controlled 90% of the minds on earth at the same time, MM has never done anything to match that.

that's not true. check the MM respect thread.

nimbus006
Originally posted by manorastroman
j'onns fire weakness is not entirely plot based. sometimes it doesn't phase him, sometimes he has to concentrate, and sometimes he freaks out.

regardless, iron man has certainly not shown defenses against inter-dimensional phasing, nor has he show defenses against near-superman speed/strength/durability/heat vision. and the telepathy thing's a little iffy, considering j'onn is above nearly every mainstream MU character in that department.

Well if MM does have resistence to fire then it doesn't look good for IM.

Although he could command like 30 of his suits to attack MM then sneak up from behind fire a uni beam blast, wrap him in a energy field, and send him back to Mars for the win via BFR.

J/K stick out tongue

Starhawk
Name for me one TP feat that MM has equal to being able to control 90% of the world at once.

Blair Wind

no expression

Do you read DC?

Starhawk
Yes I do. Now please awnser the question.

Soljer
Yes I do. Now please awnser the question.

Okay then....

Better question: On what level are your reading comprehension skills?

Manhunter > Xavier.

Starhawk
My reading skills are fine.

Name one feat MM has done thats equal to controling almost the entire earth.

Blair Wind
small one: linked all heroes in the world telepathically
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=144142945747c4f95f5o4uk.jpg

Starhawk
Still that doesn't compare to controlling almost all the minds on earth.

And linking minds is not the same as being strong enough to induce influance over them.

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
Okay then....

Better question: On what level are your reading comprehension skills?

Manhunter > Xavier.

Do you just have a natural hard on for DC characters or what?
Dude when have you ever seen MM do that?
The guy links JLA together but nothing on 90% of earth's populace
dude give it a rest
at least come up with stats and facts not bs insults

Martian_mind
He forced his way into the spectres mind.Hes made the joker sane several times.he was controlling thousands of criminals mentally and making them feel remorse he could read sbps mind and he telepathically reached out for millions of miles navigating through mageddons telepathic waves something that was affecting everyone on earth and he still managed to reach superman

Starhawk
Shadow King controlled billions of minds and turn them into raging psychotics.

xmarksthespot
Shadow King doesn't directly control people from the astral plane, he casts a corrupting influence. He wasn't shown in Psi-War to control "billions of minds" nor "90% of the minds on earth". He said he thought he could reach them all, but then in doing so he stretched himself so thin that Psylocke managed to imprison him with her powers.

This being a moot point since with or without using telepathy, MM wins.

Starhawk
He did reach them all, they show it in the issues.

Psylocke had to use her magic abilites to contain him.

And yes he does control people as he has many many times in the comics.

xmarksthespot
He did reach them all, they show it in the issues.

Psylocke had to use her magic abilites to contain him.

And yes he does control people as he has many many times in the comics. In that issue he wasn't shown directly controlling people by my recollection. Nor does it state anywhere 90% of the Earth's population nor billions of people.

At the moment where Shadow King thinks he has reached them all, Psylocke traps him using her telepathy, which is why after the event she can no longer use her telepathy.

Starhawk
She had to tap into her magic abilities to pull off that trick. And they show him controlling people making them attack each other and create general carnage all over the city.

xmarksthespot
She had to tap into her magic abilities to pull off that trick. And they show him controlling people making them attack each other and create general carnage all over the city. Yes, New York. Nowhere else that I recall, and you're confusing direct telepathic control with simply causing people to act out of character.

The Crimson Dawn abilities allowed her to survive the Shadow King's attacks and remain invisible to him for a time. It was her telepathy that was used to imprison the Shadow King.

And again moot point. With or without telepathy, Iron Man loses. Psi-blockers can be bypassed by suitably skilled telepaths regardless. The Martian holds all the cards.

Starhawk
And your splitting hairs, however you say it, he was exerting control over their behavior. And they also showed several other locations around the world including the united nations.

And no, she had to use her powers along with her telepathy to do it.

And I never said Ironman could win.

xmarksthespot
And your splitting hairs, however you say it, he was exerting control over their behavior. And they also showed several other locations around the world including the united nations. The Guggenheim and the UN headquarters are both in New York City.
And no, she had to use her powers along with her telepathy to do it.I'll go back and check, but I remember it being her sum total of her telepathy that keeps him in check.

Soljer
Originally posted by LordFear
Do you just have a natural hard on for DC characters or what?
Dude when have you ever seen MM do that?
The guy links JLA together but nothing on 90% of earth's populace
dude give it a rest
at least come up with stats and facts not bs insults

Are you ignorant? Ask around the boards, I'm NO DC fanboy.

Reading this actually shocked me, as I've been accused of being a Marvel fanboy so many times in the past...

Starhawk
Im going to scan the issue and post it.

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
Are you ignorant? Ask around the boards, I'm NO DC fanboy.

Reading this actually shocked me, as I've been accused of being a Marvel fanboy so many times in the past...

then stop saying ignorant things based on supersitions. I mean we know that nobody can beat MM OR SUPERMAN. MAN what is with you people?

Soljer
then stop saying ignorant things based on supersitions. I mean we know that nobody can beat MM OR SUPERMAN. MAN what is with you people?

What the f**k?

No, plenty of people can beat the Manhunter and Superman.

I've argued for Thor and Beta Ray Bill to beat each of these characters.

I've argued for the Surfer to curbstomp these characters.

Iron Man is mid-tier, at best. The manhunter's in another class.

xmarksthespot
then stop saying ignorant things based on supersitions. I mean we know that nobody can beat MM OR SUPERMAN. MAN what is with you people? Many people can beat Martian Manhunter or Superman. Iron Man isn't one of them.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Many people can beat Martian Manhunter or Superman. Iron Man isn't one of them.

Cosigned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.