Were wolfs vs vampires

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
who wins? which creatures are more deadly in the comic book world

KharmaDog
Which comic book world? Various comics/studios or writers have empowered both creatures to different levels. Can you be more specific?

keak da sneak
i dont know much about them in the comic world but in the world i kno werewolfs are way more powerful like if i was a werewolf i would own blade like it was nothing

snoopdogg
In the Underworld movies the Lycans were bad@ss motherf*ckers. In straight h2h with no weapons the Lycans were too much for the Vampires. Weapons makes it more even.

The upper tier Vampires were bad@ss though Like Victor and Marcus. They killed Lycans with their bare hands.

Oh and Blade would anniliate a Lycan.

keak da sneak
yes which means werewolfs are to powerful for a vampire which is real a person with fangs

snoopdogg
Originally posted by keak da sneak
yes which means werewolfs are to powerful for a vampire which is real a person with fangs Not really. The advantage a Lycan had was it's claws. The Vampires had a hard time dealing with those h2h as they are lethal weapons.

keak da sneak
yes thay are and werwolfs have hightend senses

snoopdogg
Originally posted by keak da sneak
yes thay are and werwolfs have hightend senses So do Vampires. The Lycans were barbaric, the Vampires were civilized. The Vampires almost hunted them out of existence for a reason.

The Pict
Dracula from the recent battle with Apocalypse was pretty bad ass. Almost had him beat. And the Vampires from Underworld were the damage.

Vampires for the win.

masterbruce
Low level: Werewolves beat Vampires

High Level: Vampires win no contest

capt it up
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Which comic book world? Various comics/studios or writers have empowered both creatures to different levels. Can you be more specific?
marvel world 616 .

ExtraMision5555
vampires are teh fuggin jam

capt it up
I also just learned that hannubal king is a were wolf. How powerful is he I always thought of him as blades superior

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by capt it up
I also just learned that hannubal king is a were wolf. How powerful is he I always thought of him as blades superior

Some Marvel Vampires can taken on the forms of wolfs and werewolf-esq creatures but the aren't werewolfs.

A low level Vampire would get demolished by a werewolf but an higher level Vampire would win as the ussually have the ability to control animals/humans... but with out that any vampire would be a fool to try over powering a werewolf.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Some Marvel Vampires can taken on the forms of wolfs and werewolf-esq creatures but the aren't werewolfs.
yes but hannibal I think lsot his vampire powers and became a were wolf

Starhawk
Morbius has defeated hannibal on more then one occasion. No DC Werewolf has ever beaten Morbius.

Soljer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In the Underworld movies the Lycans were bad@ss motherf*ckers. In straight h2h with no weapons the Lycans were too much for the Vampires. Weapons makes it more even.

The upper tier Vampires were bad@ss though Like Victor and Marcus. They killed Lycans with their bare hands.

Oh and Blade would anniliate a Lycan.

Selene could take Werewovles barehanded, and she wasn't exactly the best of the best.

Michael was tearing Werewolves apart left and right, though we was the Hybrid...

grey fox
While werewolves are certainly the boss....

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6406/dawn04124vt.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4517/dawn04133fg.th.jpg http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7532/thedawn050031gf.th.jpg http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/151/thedawn050060th.th.jpg http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6299/thedawn050070al.th.jpg http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/3695/thedawn050081cp.th.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6853/thedawn050093vm.th.jpg http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/6640/thedawn050109al.th.jpg http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/325/thedawn050115jz.th.jpg http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/8352/thedawn050121fl.th.jpg

Vampires Pwn them very very very much !

Dreampanther
I've read a lot about werewolves and vampires (though not specifically in the Marvel Universe) and by all accounts, vampires are the masters while werewolves are the servants. Werewolves are known for their cunning (instinct combined with experience) while vampires are known for their high intelligence. Both are known for their speed and strength. Werewolves have slightly better developed senses (though vampires also have superhuman senses) but vampires also have mental powers, able to hypnotise their victims with a suggestion and hold them spell-bound while they suck their blood out, unable to resist.

Vampires develop their mental powers as they age, therefore the older vampires will be even more powerful, eventually developing a degree of telepathy, which, combined with their powers of suggestion, makes them even more formidable. Vampires also dabble in dark magic, which give some of them mastery over the beasts of the night, like ravens, wolves and rats. Dracula himself was rumoured to be so powerful, that he could literally turn himself into a form of mist, which suggests that he was an even more capable shapeshifter than any werewolf I have ever heard of.

In summary, then, werewolves are basically big, aggressive predators, with a stupendous healing factor, shapeshifting abilities and some smarts.

Vampires have almost the same strength and speed when they are young, and get stronger as they grow older. In addition they have mental powers and some even have magic powers. They are also more known for their ability to cooperate than werewolves, who, by all accounts, are predominantly loners.

As stated in my opening paragraph, therefore: The majority view is that, should vampires and werewolves co-exist, vampires would be the masters and werewolves the servants.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Dreampanther

As stated in my opening paragraph, therefore: The majority view is that, should vampires and werewolves co-exist, vampires would be the masters and werewolves the servants.

Yes but thats because of strategy. Initialy werewolves always tend to be stronger than vampyres but vampyres use stratgey to beat them not because werewolves are stupid they just basically prefer to fight than think but can be crafty when they need to be. Or the older they get the stronger vampyes get, and they seem to power up with age better than werewolves...I think.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yes but thats because of strategy. Initialy werewolves always tend to be stronger than vampyres but vampyres use stratgey to beat them not because werewolves are stupid they just basically prefer to fight than think but can be crafty when they need to be. Or the older they get the stronger vampyes get, and they seem to power up with age better than werewolves...I think.

Basically, yes. smile

In purely physical terms, young werewolves and young vampires are pretty equal. It does depend, though, on whose blood was used to turn somebody into a vampire, as somebody who ingested Dracula's blood, for instance, would be a LOT more powerful than somebody who ingested the blood of a fledgeling vampire.

Werewolves don't work the same way, you are not more powerful if a more powerful werewolf bites you. All that matters is your size and weight when you are bitten, and the amount of rage and aggression you have in your heart.

Therefore, in the beginning, they are normally pretty equal.

But werewolves don't seem to gain as much when they age - although they gain experience, and become more cunning as a result. (Also, werewolves tend to attack each other on sight, to fight for supremacy, therefore the older werewolves are usually the stronger, more vicious and cunning of the species.) But they don't gain the same mental powers vampires do.

An older vampire can be powerful enough to take out a whole pack of werewolves by himself. An older werewolf will not necessarily be able to take out a nest of vampires by himself, conversely.

Starhawk
Werewolf-by-night tried to fight Morbius and would've died if Strange hadn't shown up to save him.

ThePittman
Well on average from what I have read and played in different games Werewolves have always been the psychically stronger but Vamps are smarter and have more social powers.

Starhawk
Vampires also have more advantages in power.

Turning into mist and back
Flight
healng through drinking blood

Dreampanther
Pittman,

Yeah - well, I agree to an extent, but primarily with the younger wolves and bats, not so much with the older ones. Since the wolves are designed as 'super-predators', in terms of raw aggression and sheer strength I would give the upperhand to them over the younger vampires, certainly.

But the older the vampires get, the more powerful they get. It has to do with the fact that with every person they drain, they get a little more life force (or rather, un-dead force) and since they are immortal, this force just keep accumulating.

Also, it has something to do with the fact that they are not alive in the sense that we know 'life', and that this forces their brain to start developing in a new way, which leads to them gaining the mental, 'mystical' powers.

ThePittman

Tha C-Master
At their best neither would harm the other. It all depends, there are greater levels of Werewolves, just like there are greater levels of Wolfwere's (Wolves that turn human and have more natural resistance to magic.) Higher level Werewolves are nigh unkillable because of their durability and regeneration.

I see them as roughly even.

Starhawk
But in the comics, werewolves have never stood up to Vamps.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Starhawk
But in the comics, werewolves have never stood up to Vamps. Comics do have a tendency to make them much weaker and just bruits, in the movies and books it is much different.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
At their best neither would harm the other. It all depends, there are greater levels of Werewolves, just like there are greater levels of Wolfwere's (Wolves that turn human and have more natural resistance to magic.) Higher level Werewolves are nigh unkillable because of their durability and regeneration.

I see them as roughly even.

I wouldn't. When they are younger, and the vampires are still developing their powers, they are vulnerable, certainly. But the elder vampires, I would argue, are much more powerful than the werewolves.

My arguments are based on the books I have read, by different authors, rather than any games though - as I have never played the games. sad

Soleran
In the movie Van Helsing the Werewolf was wicked even compared to the Vampiresmile

ThePittman
In Vampire a 4th or 5th generation vamp is more than a match for some of the eldest werewolves but they still can give the vamp some major headaches. Only at that level can they really match the psychical strength of werewolves but then add in their mental abilities as well and they will normally chew them up.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by ThePittman
Comics do have a tendency to make them much weaker and just bruits, in the movies and books it is much different.

What books have you read? Honestly curious, because while I have certainly read of werewolves retaining their intelligence to a limited degree once the transformation has taken place, most of them are described as so overwhelmed by their bloodlust that it is hard for them to retain complete control over their actions, reactions and instincts.

Vampires, on the other hand, jsut seem to become colder, more calculating, since they don't have hot blood pumping through their veins anymore, which means their emotions and instincts don't control their rationality anymore.

They do regress to more primitive stage, however (according to some authors) when they have not had blood in a long time and start craving it. Again, however, this is more a weakness of the younger vampires - the older, more powerful vampires also seem to be able to go without blood for a longer time.

Dreampanther
In Vampire a 4th or 5th generation vamp is more than a match for some of the eldest werewolves but they still can give the vamp some major headaches. Only at that level can they really match the psychical strength of werewolves but then add in their mental abilities as well and they will normally chew them up.

Sounds like an interesting game... wink

ThePittman

ThePittman
Sounds like an interesting game... wink It is a great game series, plus they have other games as well. I was part of the demo team for White Wolf and played and ran demo games at cons.

http://www.white-wolf.com/

juggernaut66666
Vampires
Lestat=cool

ThePittman
Vampires

Cain = pitt_woot

juggernaut66666
Vampires

Cain = pitt_woot
You mean Kain from Legacy of Kain?

Dreampanther
It is a great game series, plus they have other games as well. I was part of the demo team for White Wolf and played and ran demo games at cons.

http://www.white-wolf.com/

Wicked!

That Vampire game looks cool, I checked it out briefly - I might even give it a try, though I've never done an RPG like that before...

ThePittman
Wicked!

That Vampire game looks cool, I checked it out briefly - I might even give it a try, though I've never done an RPG like that before... It's lots of fun, best RPG I've ever played.

Alfheim

ThePittman
Originally posted by Alfheim
I have. I love the WOD universe. In general like you said vampes tend to be physically weaker than werewolves, but it may vary in comics.

Im all for Toreador. I think they are trying to reinvent some of the rpgs, doesnt look good. sad I haven't played it in years but my friend still runs the demos.

juggernaut66666
Vampires

Cain = pitt_woot
Kain from LOK would slay a horde of werewolves without any effort.

ThePittman
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Kain from LOK would slay a horde of werewolves without any effort. Not my rank 5 Bonegnawer, he would chew him up with his bowling ball mace with a rhino & fire sprit bound to it. pitt_shifty

Aqua-pimp
I really don't think so.... laughing kain from the legacy of kain serie's is like a vampire god or something cool nothing in the comic and games universes can touch that guy especially now that he has the full power of the soul reaver .... The guy is so badass he kicks his own ass every day just for fun cool Damn i can't wait for a sixht game to come out... roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
I really don't think so.... laughing kain from the legacy of kain serie's is like a vampire god or something cool nothing in the comic and games universes can touch that guy especially now that he has the full power of the soul reaver .... The guy is so badass he kicks his own ass every day just for fun cool Damn i can't wait for a sixht game to come out... roll eyes (sarcastic)
THERE WILL BE A SIXTH GAME????????? eek!

tiakocom
Originally posted by Soljer
Selene could take Werewovles barehanded, and she wasn't exactly the best of the best.

Michael was tearing Werewolves apart left and right, though we was the Hybrid...

we all know selene was sleepin wit the director thats why she was so powerfull laughing laughing

grey fox
Selene is a PUSSY compared to some of the better vampires.....

tiakocom
Originally posted by grey fox
Selene is a PUSSY compared to some of the better vampires.....

couldnt have put it better myself but if u see the movies you wouldnt think that

grey fox
Originally posted by tiakocom
couldnt have put it better myself but if u see the movies you wouldnt think that

True , but I bet no one in the movies could do this.

Get's shredded by about 40-30 guns and regenerates

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9549/hellsingv1c1170xl.th.jpg http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7535/hellsingv1c1187ei.th.jpg http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1610/hellsingv1c1196qn.th.jpg

Takes out a group of ghouls with minimum effort

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6987/hellsingv1c1201hl.th.jpg http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5636/hellsingv1c1213nw.th.jpg

Rams his fist through a vampire easily enough.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/9031/hellsingv1c1260tc.th.jpg

Hit's a target a kilometre away with ease.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1145/hellsingv1c2274to.th.jpg http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7367/hellsingv1c2289wj.th.jpg

Aqua-pimp
It is higly possible that there will be a new Legacy of Kain game and because off al the easteregs about legacy of kain in Tomb Raider:Legend.. i'm pretty sure a sixht game is coming up... but until there is a solid release date this is all pure speculation doh ... sad

cool

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
It is higly possible that there will be a new Legacy of Kain game and because off al the easteregs about legacy of kain in Tomb Raider:Legend.. i'm pretty sure a sixht game is coming up... but until there is a solid release date this is all pure speculation doh ... sad

cool
It would be cool I hope it will continue from the Defiance story line and I really wish that there would be free play in the game.

ThePittman
Originally posted by tiakocom
couldnt have put it better myself but if u see the movies you wouldnt think that Well in the first one she got her butt handed to her by Victor, she only killed him with a lucky shot.

grey fox
Well in the first one she got her butt handed to her by Victor, she only killed him with a lucky shot.

That was the biggest bull ever , I mean he's able to lay a reasonable amount of ass kickery upon the Smurf and then gets the divisionary slash to the his skull.

ThePittman

Tha C-Master
I wouldn't. When they are younger, and the vampires are still developing their powers, they are vulnerable, certainly. But the elder vampires, I would argue, are much more powerful than the werewolves.

My arguments are based on the books I have read, by different authors, rather than any games though - as I have never played the games. sad Like I said it depends on the media... I'm talking about books, games, movies, comics, even D&D. Vampires are developing powers, but werewolves and wolfweres are developing resistances (permenant resistances tend to be better because they don't run out). So most of those powers won't work (in certain media). At their utmost highest levels I'd say it's a stalemate. (from all showings) simply because they can't hurt one another.

The Fake Macoy
If we go by old fashioned legends or folk-talkes, Werewolves are just people who turn into wolves, while vampires actually had powers. In most cases though, vampires>werewolves.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
If we go by old fashioned legends or folk-talkes, Werewolves are just people who turn into wolves, while vampires actually had powers. In most cases though, vampires>werewolves. Not really, Vampires were orginally just cursed people.

And Werewolves are supposed to be people who turn into Wolves. I'd actually say in the media, on average, the Werewolf is more dangerous with less trouble, but in more recent and popular media, vampires have been souped up and werewolves left behind. But in all total the top vs the top will be a tie because they simply won't hurt each other. erm

brainchild81
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

A low level Vampire would get demolished by a werewolf but an higher level Vampire would win as the ussually have the ability to control animals/humans... but with out that any vampire would be a fool to try over powering a werewolf. Ditto. Nothing beats a werewolf up close

Bol Gath
True , but I bet no one in the movies could do this.
Ahh Alucard... He would slaughter a pack of werewolf's so easily it's not funny.

But then again that's Alucard, and he's the most badass vampire ever. He even beat the snot out of a hellgod without any outside help.

snoopdogg
I wonder how bad@ss Alexander Corvenius was from the Underworld movies? He was the father of both Lycans and Vampires. He was stated as being powerful enough to stop Marcus & William but chose not to cause they were his children.

Bol Gath
He's probably very powerful. Though no way is he even close to the power level of Alucard. Alucard is supposedly completely immortal He was blasted to nothing but a puddle of blood, and was thought dead by his enemy who was very powerful, but then he just unlocked the highest level of his power and regenerated.

Even in the lower levels of his power he created pocket dimensions

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Bol Gath
He's probably very powerful. Though no way is he even close to the power level of Alucard. Alucard is supposedly completely immortal He was blasted to nothing but a puddle of blood, and was thought dead by his enemy who was very powerful, but then he just unlocked the highest level of his power and regenerated.

Even in the lower levels of his power he created pocket dimensions Well Anime tends to get a little carried away with the power level of their characters.

Bol Gath
hehe that's true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.