Shatterstar vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Now since Wolfsbane was not a competition. Let the cajun take a stab at him, or rather a deck of cards or two mes amis!!!!

Starhawk
Shatterstar can charge an blast energy at Gambit whereas Gambit need something to throw in order to achive the same effect. And in h2h Shatterstar just cuts him in half since natural agility is also one of his powers.

Brian Oswald
Shatterstar never uses his energy blast, and gambit can do more than throw cards. Gambit 8/10

LordFear
My money is on Gambit. I have never seen a complete layout of SS's agility. I think Gambit could outmaneuver him and give him hell

Starhawk
Shatterstar has used his energy blast when he has to, he just considers it dishonorable when he does.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Starhawk
And in h2h Shatterstar just cuts him in half since natural agility is also one of his powers.

But superhuman agility is one of Gambit's... no expression

Starhawk
yes they both have it, and gambit has a bo staff and Shatterstar has a mystical sword that can cut Juggys armor.

Darth Macabre
yes they both have it, and gambit has a bo staff and Shatterstar has a mystical sword that can cut Juggys armor. Gambit's Bo Staff is adamantium..... no expression

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Gambit's Bo Staff is adamantium..... no expression

And it can explode on contact no expression

Of course he also has his cards (which he has near Bullseye level aim with) and... whatever he picks up off of the ground... all which become deadly explosives no expression

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
And it can explode on contact no expression

Of course he also has his cards (which he has near Bullseye level aim with) and... whatever he picks up off of the ground... all which become deadly explosives no expression not to mention the ground itself, or Shatterstar's clothes.

StyleTime
Heh. I actually don't have to defend Gambit for once.

Gambit takes this.

nvrbeenwthagirl
ShatterStar is so skilled it's not even funny. He is one of the premier martial artist in the Marvel U. Gambit is an agile thief. You decide.

StyleTime
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
ShatterStar is so skilled it's not even funny. He is one of the premier martial artist in the Marvel U.
No he's not.

Roldz
Actually Shatterstar is quite skilled actually i think above that of Gambit in Martial arts/Sword wieldin not to mention his also metahuman since his been inhanced actually no, his real body was inhance not the one his using now but he is very skilled.. Still Gambit should take this 6-7/10..

StyleTime
Originally posted by Roldz
Actually Shatterstar is quite skilled actually i think above that of Gambit in Martial arts/Sword wieldin not to mention his also metahuman since his been inhanced actually no, his real body was inhance not the one his using now but he is very skilled.. Still Gambit should take this 6-7/10..
I said no to the whole " he's a premier martial artist in Marvel" thing. I know he has some skills though.

Starhawk
He's genetically designed to be the ultimate fighter. And if his sword can cut Jug's armor I think it can cut gambits staff.

celestialdemon
This is actually a tough fight. I think Shatterstar would win this fight 6/10 unless this is the horseman Gambit. In that fight, Gambit would win 9/10.

Space M ummy
He's genetically designed to be the ultimate fighter. And if his sword can cut Jug's armor I think it can cut gambits staff.

I'll have to disagree. True adamantium shouldn't be vulnerable to anything below molecular rearrangement. Otherwise we'd constantly be seeing silly things like magical swords cutting off wolverine's claws. (and this will never, ever happen...)

Jugs' armor and invulnerability has a magical basis, and we all know writers tend to invent magical "vulnerabilities" when it suits their needs.

ThePittman

Starhawk
Gambit would have to touch Shatterstar or his sword to do that and he wouldn't get the chance.

Shatterstar survived allot of death matches in Mojo's pits before escaping.

ThePittman

StyleTime
We can't go by stuff like "being designed to be the ultimate fighter". We need to go by what he has actually done. Who has he beat in hand to hand that would make him a top martial artist in Marvel?
Originally posted by ThePittman
A well written Shatterstar is far better in H2H then Gambit
Again, who has he beat in combat to make you say that?

Starhawk
Abilities
"Shatterstar was born and bred for gladiatorial combat; he is highly skilled in martial arts. He often fights with a pair of double-bladed swords from his home dimension, and he has also (rarely) displayed the mutant ability to channel and generate powerful vibratory shockwaves and bio-energy through these blades. Shatterstar's strength, speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes are all enhanced to superhuman levels. He is capable of healing from injuries much faster than an ordinary human, capable of healing from minor injuries within hours. On a few occasions he took advantage of this fact by impaling himself on one of his own swords to stab an opponent who was behind him."

THank you Wikipedia.

And I'll work on that list of oppenents. But one good example is defeating Spiral, someone whos thrashed Gambit in the past.

ThePittman

StyleTime

Starhawk
Actually Wiki is allowed on these forums and used quite allot actually.

And Im talking about his most recent fight with her.

And we don't have to 'assume' anything.

StyleTime
Wikipedia use as proof in an argument is to what I referred.

Scans?

A tennis player competes in England for their entire life and beats every single player there. This same player travels to the U.S. and loses to nearly every player there. Is this player a top tier player?

Starhawk
It still shows his skills and powers surpass Gambits.

StyleTime
It doesn't show anything. Until he gets feats to back him up, there's reason to say his skills are at the level you would have us believe.

Starhawk
It's not what I would have you believe it's what his powers and abilities are and you were the one only a post ago asking us to 'assume' things.

SpunkySmurph
It's not what I would have you believe it's what his powers and abilities are and you were the one only a post ago asking us to 'assume' things.

Unless his powers are to be more skilled then Gambit, that's exactly what you would have us believe.

But it doesn't truly matter anyways. I doubt hell get close enough to Gambit to employ such skills.

Starhawk
He can fire at a distance as well by channeling energy through his sword and fire it at Gambit and lot of people have gotten close to Gambit. Spiral for one.

Brian Oswald
Gambit can also chage the ground inbetween he and Shatt and fling projectiles, forcing Shatt to walk on the charged ground. Although Shat is fast and Gambit may not have enough time to chage the ground without getting stabbed

SpunkySmurph
erm Post scans of the fight that you're talking about with Gambit and Spiral.

Regardless,

Gambit has demonstrated near-humanly perfect aim with his cards. Which, themselves have demonstrated near-building leveling explosions. In addition, he's no slouch in the combat skill department, and can amp up his physical stats to superhuman levels. Meaning he has the agility advantage, ranges advantage, damage advantage and is close in fighting skill.

The Cajun takes this.

Brian Oswald
erm Post scans of the fight that you're talking about with Gambit and Spiral.

Regardless,

Gambit has demonstrated near-humanly perfect aim with his cards. Which, themselves have demonstrated near-building leveling explosions. In addition, he's no slouch in the combat skill department, and can amp up his physical stats to superhuman levels. Meaning he has the agility advantage, ranges advantage, damage advantage and is close in fighting skill.

The Cajun takes this. yes

Starhawk
Based on his powers and abilities Shatterstar would wreck him and I will get scans.

Brian Oswald
I dont see shatterstar dodging a giant blast radius

Starhawk
No I see him blasting Gambit before Gambit has time to charge up that much. It's takes time and focus for him to do it you know, when he did it against the Phalanx it wore him out.

Brian Oswald
No I see him blasting Gambit before Gambit has time to charge up that much. It's takes time and focus for him to do it you know, when he did it against the Phalanx it wore him out. to charge up a card? What the f**k?

Starhawk
His cards don't do anywhere near enough damage to take out Shatterstar.

StyleTime
It's not unreasonable to assume he's not a top tier martial artist when he has NEVER once shown that he is. It IS unreasonable to assume that he is that skilled just because wikipedia says he has good fighting abilities.Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
is close in fighting skill.

Actually, Gambit would be better. He stalemated Daredevil in pure melee combat. Shatterstar's record consists of getting his ass kicked by Wolverine.
Based on his powers and abilities Shatterstar would wreck him and I will get scans.
Once again, we go by what a character has actually accomplished in the past instead of wikipedia biographies. Do you realize how many characters are described as "enhanced" physically?
His cards don't do anywhere near enough damage to take out Shatterstar.
Based on what? Please tell me how Gambit's cards won't take him out, so I can show you how they will.

Since you want to make Shatterstar something he's not, I could easily use some retarded high end feats for Gambit that would make you wonder why this thread was ever made.

manorastroman
Originally posted by StyleTime

Actually, Gambit would be better. He stalemated Daredevil in pure melee combat.

REALLY?!?!?!?! not doubting, but...damn.

Starhawk
As I said I will get scans to prove his fighting prowess, I don't have a scanner handy but I will by thursday night.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You guys are totally dismissing Character history. The beyonder came and was given a history when he came. A descriptive narrative that gave him his back ground and what we base his power off of. With that being said, Shatter star's history is that of an ultimate fighter. And I have many xforce books. Shatter star is very impressive. He is a better fighter than Gambit any day of the week. it's no way to even get around that. Gambit is a master thief. It's like comparing Catwoman to Elektra. Sure Catwoman can scrap a little, but she isn't trained like Elektra is. Same thing with Gambit, he can scrap, but in the end, he's a thief while Shatter Star is a highly trained fighter. Even if Shatter Star has lost to Wolverine, that doesn't matter. Who hasn't lost to wolverine.

Brian Oswald
You guys are totally dismissing Character history. The beyonder came and was given a history when he came. A descriptive narrative that gave him his back ground and what we base his power off of. With that being said, Shatter star's history is that of an ultimate fighter. And I have many xforce books. Shatter star is very impressive. He is a better fighter than Gambit any day of the week. it's no way to even get around that. Gambit is a master thief. It's like comparing Catwoman to Elektra. Sure Catwoman can scrap a little, but she isn't trained like Elektra is. Same thing with Gambit, he can scrap, but in the end, he's a thief while Shatter Star is a highly trained fighter. Even if Shatter Star has lost to Wolverine, that doesn't matter. Who hasn't lost to wolverine. He can be a better fighter, that is not going to save him from getting blown up

StyleTime
Originally posted by manorastroman
REALLY?!?!?!?! not doubting, but...damn.
Yep.
You guys are totally dismissing Character history. The beyonder came and was given a history when he came. A descriptive narrative that gave him his back ground and what we base his power off of. With that being said, Shatter star's history is that of an ultimate fighter. And I have many xforce books. Shatter star is very impressive. He is a better fighter than Gambit any day of the week. it's no way to even get around that. Gambit is a master thief. It's like comparing Catwoman to Elektra. Sure Catwoman can scrap a little, but she isn't trained like Elektra is. Same thing with Gambit, he can scrap, but in the end, he's a thief while Shatter Star is a highly trained fighter. Even if Shatter Star has lost to Wolverine, that doesn't matter. Who hasn't lost to wolverine.
I gave Shatterstar his credit. He does have skills and I have seen them. However, to say he is one of the top martial artists in Marvel is nothing short of asinine.

You, however, are totally dismissing actual fights. Shatterstar hasn't beat many people of note. It's not fair to just assume he is so amazing when hasn't beaten anyone to show that.

Starhawk
Guys, one question , what do you call a character whos more powerful then herald level, but not as powerful as a Skyfather?

manorastroman
thanos

Starhawk
But is there a spacific term on the forums for someone like that?

SpunkySmurph
Thanos-level smile

Starhawk
Oh okay thanks. Would you consider someone Thanos level if they can defeat Silver Surfer /w Nega Bands?

SpunkySmurph

1. You assume Gambit can't fight well enough because he was a thief... What the f**k?

whistle

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/vswolverine018wf.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/vswolverine027ru.jpg

manorastroman
ultimate...and that doesn't really show fighting skills so much as balls.

StyleTime
Oh okay thanks. Would you consider someone Thanos level if they can defeat Silver Surfer /w Nega Bands?
It depends on how he or she did it.

This is getting exciting. Are you saying Shatterstar beat Surfer?

Starhawk
No Starhawk in Guardians 58-59, he almost killed Surfer and then had to heal him to prevent him from dying.

I was just wondering where on the cosmic scale he landed.

ExtraMision5555
1. You assume Gambit can't fight well enough because he was a thief... What the f**k?

whistle

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/vswolverine018wf.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/vswolverine027ru.jpg

what comic is this from?

Starhawk
Ultimate X-men issue 47-8 I beleive

ExtraMision5555
Ultimate X-men issue 47-8 I beleive

is ultiamte x-men good reading?

doesnt wolverine have like a fake arm in that series or something?

outavodka
i think your thinking of manga wolverine

Starhawk
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
is ultiamte x-men good reading?

doesnt wolverine have like a fake arm in that series or something?

Its pretty good, you should check it out.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by manorastroman
ultimate...and that doesn't really show fighting skills so much as balls.

I know smile

But after the 'Who hasn't lost to Wolverine?' comment, I wanted to post a Wolvie-owned pic, that was even just slightly related to our discussion big grin

hunter_blake05
my vote is in gambit because he can throw a card with kinetic energy that can cause a big damage to his opponent than shatterstar which is only do is blast an energy and fight with his sword...

ThePittman

StyleTime
As I said I will get scans to prove his fighting prowess, I don't have a scanner handy but I will by thursday night.
shifty whistle

Starhawk
Check the weather forcast for Ontario, We have so much snow I can't get out my door. when the blizzard subsides I will go ot my friends house and use his scanner.

StyleTime
I'm just messing with you Starhawk.

Starhawk
lol I can't get out of my house it's depressing. My nighbors van is now a snow hill. I can't even see any part of the van anymore.

LordFear
is it possible that this might be a stalemate?

Starhawk
Well I can't leave my house cause my porch is under a snow hill and my city has shutdown. So getting to a scanner is tricky.

ThePittman
Well I can't leave my house cause my porch is under a snow hill and my city has shutdown. So getting to a scanner is tricky. You mean you can't fly? stick out tongue

Starhawk
If I can't get to the beer store soon I may try.

ThePittman

Starhawk
LOL thanks

ThePittman
LOL thanks http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40061000/jpg/_40061663_rocketman203250.jpg

juggernaut74
Gambit.

YFZ 350
Going with Shatterstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.