Ryu vs Akira Yuki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Ric Flair said it best. "To be the man, you have to beat the man."

The Japanese praticioner of Kung Fu has made a name for himself in Virtua Fighter, but has yet faced the man that would put him on the map should he defeat him.

Street Fighter's Ansatsuken master, Ryu.

Fortunately, Akira finds out that Ryu is in India, visiting Dhalsim. Akira crashes the party and demands a match. Ryu accepts.

Ryu: Third Strike version

Akira: VF4 version

Sado22
whoever said ryu's the man? bwahahaha.
anyway, me things:
Me thinks it'll be a draw.
wooooooooooooooooooooo!

~Sado

Remulous
This is a sluaghter to me. What feats has Akira accomplished that out does Ryu.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
This is a sluaghter to me. What feats has Akira accomplished that out does Ryu.

He's a star of one of the best fighting games ever made.

Sado22
Akira has a lot of power, his reversals are great and not to mention the overall variety in his fighting style.
ryu's hadouken is canonwise suppsoed to be like being hit by a well laid kick so it really isn't as much of a great deal in a fight against good fighters. so hadouken isn't really an advantage.
imo, it'll be a great fight. considering ryu doesn't even have reversals and so great a defense as Akira i think Akira will really school him around. but i can't say he'll BEAT Ryu. this one, like i said before, could go either way and so i'm sticking with stalemate.

~Sado

Remulous
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
He's a star of one of the best fighting games ever made. Yeah, I guess that would make you powerul (sarcasm).

Emperor Ashtar
Yeah, I guess that would make you powerul (sarcasm).

I was kidding around >___>;

Remulous
I was too.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Sado22
Akira has a lot of power, his reversals are great and not to mention the overall variety in his fighting style.
ryu's hadouken is canonwise suppsoed to be like being hit by a well laid kick so it really isn't as much of a great deal in a fight against good fighters. so hadouken isn't really an advantage.
imo, it'll be a great fight. considering ryu doesn't even have reversals and so great a defense as Akira i think Akira will really school him around. but i can't say he'll BEAT Ryu. this one, like i said before, could go either way and so i'm sticking with stalemate.

~Sado

Oh? I wasn't aware that the hadouken storywise was given the power of a standard kick... every time i see it it blows shit up... Then we have Super arts...

And while your mentioning reversals, I have two things to remind you of... Alpha Counter, and Parry... So yes, Any striking attack can be counterd by Ryu, and every throw can be tech hit out of.

Now that those misconceptions are out of the way, lets hear some new arguments.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Oh? I wasn't aware that the hadouken storywise was given the power of a standard kick... every time i see it it blows shit up... Then we have Super arts... No, sado is right, hadouken is just an extention of physical power. This isn't dragon ball.

StyleTime
Ryu wins...

Sado22
^^
Thank you emperor.

alpha counter isn't exactly a reversal so to speak. he just blocks it and does a sweep/shoryuken. akira has proper reversals which Ryu doesn't, though the simple explanation would be that SF isn't exactly realistic fighting.
as for the throws, akira can do the same too, just without the flashiness and sparks etc. smile

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Can people stop equating a character with a projectile stronger than without one.

Sado22
i just said mentioned the hadouken cuz some people tend to think that it really matters in a fight since it is too powerful, which it isn't.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
i just said mentioned the hadouken cuz some people tend to think that it really matters in a fight since it is too powerful, which it isn't.

~Sado

I don't mean you, just certain people who equate a projectile to power.

Darkstorm Zero
No, sado is right, hadouken is just an extention of physical power. This isn't dragon ball.

You'd better be able to explain the Shankunetsu, Denjin And Shinkuu Hadouken's then, because all of them are stronger than the standard hadouken, and two of them several times over, plus they have elemental attachments. (IE, fire and electical effects that light opponents up on impact)

this logically says to me that they arn't JUST an extention of a physical attack...

alpha counter isn't exactly a reversal so to speak. he just blocks it and does a sweep/shoryuken. akira has proper reversals which Ryu doesn't, though the simple explanation would be that SF isn't exactly realistic fighting.
as for the throws, akira can do the same too, just without the flashiness and sparks etc. smile

~Sado

The Alpha Countrer is still a counter if you want to go that road and use the argument in a debate, you have to accept that the opponent has them as well, although in this case, Ryu's counters are very different.

The throws... You said Akira can counter throws, I said Ryu can tech hit out of them, so I asked what the difference was?

Can people stop equating a character with a projectile stronger than without one.

That assertation demands that you prove it before people accept it Asthar, I've already stated opening arguments above, if what your saying is true, then you should have no trouble explaining the various damage indicators and elemental additions that arn't found in any of Ryu's other attacks.

Remulous
What is it Akira can do that Ryu can't? In the movies and manga I've never seen Hadouken hit something and not destroy it unless it was a worthy foe. If the Hadouken is equal to a kick then in the SF 2, Alpha and Generations movies why were the oppenents hurt and defeated by Hadoukens and not a normal kicks? If the Hadouken is equal to a kick then Ryu's got 1 hell of a kick.

TricksterPriest
you know, I'd almost call this a spite thread. Snafu, VF is not anywhere near the level of SF. This match is a joke.

Emperor Ashtar
What is it Akira can do that Ryu can't? In the movies and manga I've never seen Hadouken hit something and not destroy it unless it was a worthy foe. If the Hadouken is equal to a kick then in the SF 2, Alpha and Generations movies why were the oppenents hurt and defeated by Hadoukens and not a normal kicks? If the Hadouken is equal to a kick then Ryu's got 1 hell of a kick.

Because of PIS, the movies glorify the projectiles.

Sado22
...and not to mention that the movies
ARE
NOT
CANON

Darkstorm.
i was talking specifically about the "hadouken" not the supers.

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.