Jack's Soul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savvysparrow
I've been puzzling over this question for some time. Why is it that Davy Jones believes that one soul is not equal to another. In other words, why is it that Will's soul is not equal to Jack's. Why is it that Jack's soul is worth 100 souls?

Any one have any answers or a hypothesis? Is it a good thing that Jack's soul is worth 100 of other men's soul? Or does it mean that Jack is a particularly foul person?

evilm0nki3
Someone mentioned before about him saving 99 slaves and maybe that was why...

savvysparrow
Now there's an interesting thought. But why? Did he offer his soul up to Davy Jones to save those slaves? I've heard rumors about the slave ship too, but the writers have said that any back story asscociated with the games is not the backstory for the movies.

CaptainJacksLuv
because jack is unique in everyway possible? and so he's specialsmile lol

willofthewisp
Just a side note, Davy might believe men's souls are worth more than women's since Tia screwed him up as badly as she did. He's still really bitter about that and may blame all women for his problems.

Why is Jack's soul worth more than someone else's? Maybe Davy's a little tired of Jack always winning. Jack is worth more because Davy wants to capture him more.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by savvysparrow
Now there's an interesting thought. But why? Did he offer his soul up to Davy Jones to save those slaves? I've heard rumors about the slave ship too, but the writers have said that any back story asscociated with the games is not the backstory for the movies.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

ladyofthesilent
Well, the information that Jack failed to complete an assignment for Beckett didn't come from a game but from the Disney website - and it seems certain that Jack worked for Beckett once (on KttC, someone claimed that in AWE, Beckett will offer Jack a job with the EITC again).

The question is: What's the assignment? The story with the slaves hasn't been confirmed, yet, but I still believe that the people living in Tia's swamp where there for some purpose.

BTW, I like the idea he actually freed 99 slaves and that's why his soul is worth 100 souls.

SarahB
mmmmmmm

katelovespirate
could be anything. the number of times Jack has screwed jones (or fate) over, the number of times Jack has stolen someone's true love, the number of people who have been saved by Jack, the number of people after Jack, the number of dollars AWE will make if they dont give Jack the girl, etc...

SarahB
the number of dollars AWE will make if they dont give Jack the girl, etc...- katelovespirates

lol nd A LOT more!!big grinbig grin

calypso
i'm with you KateLP

katelovespirate
heeheehee.... smile i love it when the fans use money as blackmail. lol

savvysparrow
Originally posted by katelovespirate
could be anything. the number of times Jack has screwed jones (or fate) over, the number of times Jack has stolen someone's true love, the number of people who have been saved by Jack, the number of people after Jack, the number of dollars AWE will make if they dont give Jack the girl, etc...

Heh! That's pretty funny.

It could be anything, but what's the likely hypothesis. Is this their way of saying that there is more to Jack than meets the eye? It seemed like a positive thing initially because it means that Jack is not like an ordinary man. Also, I'll be honest, I'm surprised that Will's soul isn't worth as much. When you look at the two of them and compare their lives, and more importantly what it appears they've done with them, it doesn't seem as though Jack's soul would be worth 100 souls. Will's so naturally good that you'd think he'd be worth more.

So I think that illustrates the idea that there is much more to Jack than meets the eye.

Also, while we're on the subject, do you guys mind looking at that particular scene?

calypso
"...do you guys mind looking at that particular scene?"

In what way, or am I just confused by your question?

savvysparrow
The scene where Jack trades Will to Davy Jones. There's something important about the dialogue, and the method in which Jack trades him, but I can't figure it out.

katelovespirate
Jack is a pirate lord. he's got one of the pieces of eight-- the keys to unlocking Tia Dalma and turning her back into Calypso, making her more readily available to Jones. Jones also lost out to Jack when Tia and Jack had their fling. people have a way of making their enemies seem more powerful and dangerous and worth getting revenge against than they actually are.

I think the most likely of the above mentioned answers are the 99 slaves that Jack set free, since that was the reason he lost the pearl and made a deal with Jones to begin with.

That, and Jones finds himself in a great bargaining situation. He is cruel. He wants to inflict pain on as many people as possible. he names a ludicrous number and sticks with it. chances are, he just wants Jack. So naming an impossible number guarrantees he'll get Jack.

savvysparrow
Good point Kate. I suppose it doesn't have to mean anything, but does highlight the cruelty of Davy Jones.

Here's a question: Was Jones made into what he is because of his experience with Calypso, or was he that way already, and that experience exposed who he really is?

katelovespirate
no he was originally a good man, a good sailor. the purpose of having an immortal captain of the dutchman was to HELP sailor's to the locker, which was meant to be a kind of in-between place, not good or bad. so the role of the captain is essentially a good one--- he is helping sailors who have been lost at sea.

it was after Calypso made Jones captain that she dumped him, which then caused him to tear his heart out. He wouldnt have been able to do that before because he wasnt immortal. Once the heart was out, he became completely cruel. that's when the ship took on a sinister new meaning of slavery and the locker gained a bad rep as well.

katelovespirate
Add to above post:

Calypso was going to destroy Davy because she was so pissed he cut his heart out and ruined the purpose of the dutchman, but her anger was causing mass chaos in the oceans, so the pirate brethran gathered and imprisoned her in human form. So they took care of one problem, but then Jones couldnt be dealt with. im assuming the pirate brethran knew something about the chest and key, and were planning on gettng around to taking care of jones eventually.

savvysparrow
So if the heart is stabbed, do you think that means that Jones, and the rest of the crew aboard the Dutchman will share his fate?

katelovespirate
i dont know. hes meant to be immortal, so i dont get why his heart is mortal. it seems like a gaping plot hole to me. he can cut out his heart but if someone pricks it, it's all over??? doesnt make sense. if he's really immortal, stabbing the heart wouldnt make a difference.

as far as the crew, i dont know. if a new captain gets chosen, im assuming they would just stay on board.

savvysparrow
I understand that they can't stab the heart because the Kracken would go on a wild feeding frenzy without Jones to command it. But why is it that no one wants to see Will stab the heart?

There has to be some under lying reason.

katelovespirate
because whoever stabs the heart becomes the captain, i guess.

but once the kraken is dead (and the leaked script shows it being dead early on the movie 3) that shouldn't be a problem.

savvysparrow
So the question remains then, who stabs the heart? You have to admit that both men seem to have the motivation to do so. Don't you agree? And if you include Norrington into that mix, then there are three key players who would benefit by stabbing the heart if not more. Will could stab the heart and return the Flying Dutchman to it's original grandeur as a tribute to his drowning sailor father. Jack could do the same in part to repay Bootstrap for his sacrifice and in part because of his entanglement with Elizabeth.

katelovespirate
who stabs the heart? gee, i forget whether that's classified info or not.

willofthewisp
Does that mean you know, Kate? I haven't read the leaked script. I've heard rumors around here it may not be the final script we'll see in the movie.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Does that mean you know, Kate? I haven't read the leaked script. I've heard rumors around here it may not be the final script we'll see in the movie.

lol you want to be surprised, right? the leaked script doesnt say anyways. smile stick to your guns and dont read it, willo. the writing will make you shudder.

savvysparrow
Wait, wait. Can you declassify it for me? I really would like to know. I have a suspicion, but it'd be nice to have it confirmed.

Chiki Mina
Well IMO Im pretty sure Will is going to be the one to stab the heart.

Remember his words to his father: " I will make sure this blade stabs in Davys heart to set you free"--somewhat along those lines--
Then he said "I promise"

At the island the same thing when he was arguing with Jack " I keep the promises I make, Jack. I intend to free my father"

So I really do think he will stab it.

PirateDiva
Yes Mina i strongly believe he will....and also there are to many refrences that Will may also save Jack, well IMO, like that "Save Me" line in cannibal island...i still think it means something!!!

willofthewisp
Here's my question: what does the kraken do when it's not being called on by Davy? Does it just sleep? It's too big to really just swim around like a blue whale...or maybe it is. I think it would make more sense for the kraken to just roam around free if Davy dies without calling it off.

Kraken (in massive cave under the sea reading "The Atlantic Times"wink

Davy: (gay rhyme to send for it)

Kraken: Whenever I get a moment...

Davy: Come on!

Kraken: Jeez, I need a new agent. I hate working with you, davy! So needy.

Davy: Just eat Jack and you can retire with full benefits.

Kraken: What about insurance?

Davy: Paid in full?

Kraken: Rights to the movie "Kraken?"

Davy: Absolutely

Kraken: Okay, yeah, Okay. I'm psyched. Let's go get this Jack guy.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Yes Mina i strongly believe he will....and also there are to many refrences that Will may also save Jack, well IMO, like that "Save Me" line in cannibal island...i still think it means something!!!

Humm I like where this is going wink what do you think that line means? How can Will save Jack?

willofthewisp
Not to imitate LovelyOne, but Will could save Jack in a way by letting him have Liz. It's kind of a symbolic saving, but it could happen. Like if he accepted them and gave them his blessing, that could totally change Jack's life for the better.

Chiki Mina
I was actually thinking of that Willo. I thought it was stupid. But you made it sound so smart smile lol

savvysparrow
It seems, just from the pattern that Jack's life has taken, that what he needs saving from the most is himself. He has this better nature that occasionally appears, but there are the other parts of himself that sort of get in the way. So I could see Will making some sort of a noble sacrifice...

Though really, if what has been rumored to happen is true, would so many characters really perish or sacrifice their happiness for one another?

Swann&Sparrow
It must mean something more than just Jones setting an impossible task, he might as well say a thousand souls. So there's something in the number.

And remember when he said that Will is worth more than one soul, at least three and a half. Or something, then Jones said he's worth one, then 99 souls to go Jack.

Well, that implies that Jack is worth more than Will. Will has been used as a pawn for a lot of things, in CotBP he was used as leverage and in DMC he was used as a soul. In AWE Seo Fang will use him, I'm betting. So will Jones, possibly Jack again.

That's another reason that Jack's the lead male, Will is just a pawn. Elizabeth is the only woman other than the supporting females, she's the lead female. But the supporting character in the movie regardless of gender.

That's why Will was mused as the bishop on the POTC chess set and Jack and Lizzie were King and Queen.

So many hints, if they make AWE E/W they will lose alot of fans and money. And they lost their time in a stupid spanner. These hints are there for a reason.

Chiki Mina
Im so possitive that whoever stabs the heart of davey becomes the next captain of the flying dutchman. And Im also sure Will is the one who is going to stab it.

Mistypirate
But aren't the crew of the FD already death? The are suppose to be death souls, and whoever stabs the heart will break the curse. I think the crew's souls will be sent to heaven as well. And that includes Will's daddy.

Chiki Mina
Fidler's Green...hmm

Mistypirate
Yes they will all go to Fiddlers Green big grin

Chiki Mina
Im working on 2 theories lol

Fidler's Green

and who will become the next captain of The Flying Dutchman.

Mistypirate
Cant wait to hear it Happy Dance

Chiki Mina
AHA!! I have proof that whoever stabs the heart becomes the next captain of the flying dutchman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mistypirate
Tell me.... Happy Dance Happy Dance what do you have? AHHHHHHH

Chiki Mina
ill pm ya darling! big grin *BLING*

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
ill pm ya darling! big grin *BLING*

Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.