Infinity Man vs. The Runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Two above top tiers Duke it out.

Who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Two above top tiers Duke it out.

Who wins?

who's the infinity man

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by guy222
who's the infinity man

He's darkseids brother. He is stronger than superman, has greater magentic powers than magneto, is uber fast, has insane telepathy, and he's smarter than most anyone. he also has some uber powerful beams called the infinibeams. They seem to be some kind of destructo rays.

Soljer
I'd match the Infinity Man against the Surfer more closely than against the Runner...

But that's just me. erm.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
I'd match the Infinity Man against the Surfer more closely than against the Runner...

But that's just me. erm.

I don't see surfer doing much to infinity man. Infinity man is quite abit above the top tier. DS even banished Infinity man becuz of his excessive power. Since the runner is superior to surfer, I thought he would be a much better match. And infinity man's tp is unfair to surfer. So i picked the runner. I figured he has got to be very very resistant to TP. dont' know why, i just figured since he had emotion powers, he would be resistant.

Soljer
The Surfer has been unaffected by many people's telepathy.

In fact, to my memory, the only person that really would have 'unfair' level telepathy is someone on the level of Doc Strange.

guy222
He's darkseids brother. He is stronger than superman, has greater magentic powers than magneto, is uber fast, has insane telepathy, and he's smarter than most anyone. he also has some uber powerful beams called the infinibeams. They seem to be some kind of destructo rays.

Thank u

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Surfer has been unaffected by many people's telepathy.

In fact, to my memory, the only person that really would have 'unfair' level telepathy is someone on the level of Doc Strange.

Infinity man Operates on another lvl. ANytime DS banishes you becuz your power is a threat to him, then he'd be too much for the surfer. What could the surfer do to him? He's far stronger Than superman. Far more durable. He's got all kinds of insane wackey powers and mind and intelligence powers to boot. Plus those wackey infinibeams that seem to be able to destroy what ever they hit no matter what it is. Surfer would be hurt or killed by those. were the runner being an elder would probably only be injured a little.

Soljer
Infinity man Operates on another lvl. ANytime DS banishes you becuz your power is a threat to him, then he'd be too much for the surfer. What could the surfer do to him? He's far stronger Than superman. Far more durable. He's got all kinds of insane wackey powers and mind and intelligence powers to boot. Plus those wackey infinibeams that seem to be able to destroy what ever they hit no matter what it is. Surfer would be hurt or killed by those. were the runner being an elder would probably only be injured a little.

The Surfer can amp his strength to Kryptonian levels, and has far better durability feats himself. And we don't want to get into insane 'wacky' powers - as the Surfer has one of the BIGGEST plot devices in comics at his disposal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Surfer can amp his strength to Kryptonian levels, and has far better durability feats himself. And we don't want to get into insane 'wacky' powers - as the Surfer has one of the BIGGEST plot devices in comics at his disposal.

You give surfer too much credit. He'd have a hard time with a GL. especially the top ones. InfinityMan puts fear in DS heart. Surfer would be a joke to DS. Kryptonian lvls means nothing to infinity man. He makes superman look like a kid. Superman struggles with destroying things that Infinity man crumbles with Ease. He's somewhere around skyfather, like the runner is.

Soljer
You give surfer too much credit. He'd have a hard time with a GL. especially the top ones. InfinityMan puts fear in DS heart. Surfer would be a joke to DS. Kryptonian lvls means nothing to infinity man. He makes superman look like a kid. Superman struggles with destroying things that Infinity man crumbles with Ease. He's somewhere around skyfather, like the runner is.

I wouldn't put either of them near skyfather. That's a whole 'nother ball park.

And, while I agree that Kryptonian strength isn't much to the Infinity man, you also have to realize, that the Surfer could be as weak as a kitten, and still one of the most dangerous characters in comics. He rarely fights hand to hand, and, really? Doesn't need to.

He has powers out the ass, and is powerED out the ass. I figure he's a good match for Infinity Man.

If you disagree, that's your perogitive, and I'm glad to see that we're being much more civil than normal. No offense meant, but you seem much more reasonable lately than you used to. I applaud it, in fact.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I wouldn't put either of them near skyfather. That's a whole 'nother ball park.

And, while I agree that Kryptonian strength isn't much to the Infinity man, you also have to realize, that the Surfer could be as weak as a kitten, and still one of the most dangerous characters in comics. He rarely fights hand to hand, and, really? Doesn't need to.

He has powers out the ass, and is powerED out the ass. I figure he's a good match for Infinity Man.

If you disagree, that's your perogitive, and I'm glad to see that we're being much more civil than normal. No offense meant, but you seem much more reasonable lately than you used to. I applaud it, in fact.

I'm being civil becuz your being civil. others are pushing me tonight tho. You do realize by putting surfer on such a high pedalstal makes him more than he is. THen you leave no one who can actually match him when in fact Hal jordan should be a very comfortable match for him. By saying surfer is a good match for IM, that would make the runner superior to IM, and I just don't see any possible way that can be.

psycho gundam
hey guys, he cant hit runner with anthing.
i man dies of a broken heart.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hey guys, he cant hit runner with anthing.
i man dies of a broken heart.

LOL do you realize how amped all of his powers are? Speed flight, Interdimensional travel, teleportation, telepathy, cosmic senses. He'd be able to hit the runner with a combine of his own speed, TP, teleportation, genious and senses. Tho he for sure wont be KO ing the runner with one punch or one beam.

psycho gundam
got that right.
the runner also has the power to stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain, i man may want to play chinese checkers with him after seeing that golden smile for 30 seconds

nvrbeenwthagirl
got that right.
the runner also has the power to stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain, i man may want to play chinese checkers with him after seeing that golden smile for 30 seconds

I think your thinking of Eros. The runner makes people like him and lose the will to fight him. that's kinda different. But IM is an uber Telepath. So it prolly won't work as well on him.

psycho gundam
look it up, runner smiles, you stop fighting

Symmetric Chaos
look it up, runner smiles, you stop fighting

Nope.

People have fought him even while under the effect of his aura.

don't shiv
I.M. has an obvious reach advantage he can attack just as effectively standing with his back turned, daydreaming accross the universe in another dimension big grin

psycho gundam
reach isnt a factor for the runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.