Dr. Stephen Strange vs Dark Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos_THOTU
Dr. Strange have stood against the Infinity gauntlet, he has the power to call upon Eternity ... But do he have what it takes to take down the Dark Phoenix?

Starhawk
If he is at full power with his artifacts he deffinately has the power to at least bind her.

Galan007
With prep maybe

Without prep he dosent have a chance IMO

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Dr. Strange have stood against the Infinity gauntlet, he has the power to call upon Eternity ... But do he have what it takes to take down the Dark Phoenix?

In the battle against the IG, Warlock let Strange get prepared, and he only used one gem at a time against Strange.

In this fight, Strange loses. Even with prep, I don't think he could win the majority of fights.

Starhawk
Strange has some pretty strong showings. Even people above phoenix, like eternity respect Strange. I agree without prep his doesn't stand much of a chance but with prep he could take her 9/10.

Laminator_X
Inconsistent portrayals over time and the lack of much frame of reference make bouts like this impossible to call, IMO. That being said, I's put nothing past Strange.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Strange can't do much on his own. Most of his higher Showings have something to do with someone elses power. Phoenix beats the crap out of him before he can utter one spell.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Strange can't do much on his own. Most of his higher Showings have something to do with someone elses power. Phoenix beats the crap out of him before he can utter one spell.

Unless he steals her power and/or turns it against her. That's practically his standard procedure when he's hugely overmatched.

King Kandy
I've got to agree...

Strange can't pull a victory out of this.

Madvillain
Phoenix more than likely.

Strange can pull something off with prep though. Maybe.

Starhawk
Strange has faced opponents on her level before and with prep i.e artifacts, Vishanti, he could most likely take this.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Starhawk
Strange has faced opponents on her level before and with prep i.e artifacts, Vishanti, he could most likely take this.

Yeah, people whose powers are magic based.

Starhawk
No he has faced cosmic beings before as well.

Laminator_X
The difference between "cosmic being" and "magical entity" is hazy. Dormammu at his peak was essentially the "Eternity" of the Dark Dimension.

The "magic trick" is throwing the power around when you're not yourself a cosmic being.

long pig
I don't know exactly where DP stands on the who's who in the power depo.

If we see her as only as powerful enough to stalemate Galactus, he could probably take her out a few times. If we see her as just below LT...then no.

GalacticStorm screwed my thinking up when it comes to DP.

Pyron_Express
i think he could take this if he had prep. imo
but without prep-time i dont think he can handle dark phoenix.

DARK ORIKYX
of course dark phoenix takes this one she will obliteraate him before heget a chance to think of something to do

Xplosive
Originally posted by Starhawk
Strange has some pretty strong showings. Even people above phoenix, like eternity respect Strange. I agree without prep his doesn't stand much of a chance but with prep he could take her 9/10.

I don't think Eternity is above Phoenix in power level.
Anyway, although Dr. Strange is indeed powerful, he defeated Shuma Gorath (I think even without prep), but he would die against Dark Phoenix.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Xplosive
I don't think Eternity is above Phoenix in power level.
Anyway, although Dr. Strange is indeed powerful, he defeated Shuma Gorath (I think even without prep), but he would die against Dark Phoenix.

Depends on how you look at him. Shuma's ability to manifest in our realm is limited. Crom once dropped a mountain on him for a win.

Strange's final battle against Shuma Gorath OTOH was in SG's own realm, and while he'd been powering up along the way, he didn't know what he was up against until he got there. He consumed Shuma's power completely.

On the journey back, he went in lots of little hops rather than coming straight home. Through each world, he explosively bled off earth shattering amounts of power. If he had attempted to come directly back to good old 616, his mere presence would have desroyed our reality.

Again, who can really say on a bout like this? Just remember, Strange has more upset victories against cosmic entities before 10AM than most heroes do all day.

DarkCrawler
Hmm, with prep Strange defenitely takes this.

Cosmic Flame
One thing I've always thought interesting about Phoenix...

Marvel says that Phoenix can generate any form of energy in any conceivable amount. I would think that that would include magical energy as well. And thinking of PF in terms of being the wellspring of all of creation, that would include magical entities indigenous to the 616 dimension as well.

I think it's an aspect that Marvel should explore a little more, since Jean and Rachel rely almost exclusively on TP and TK.

That said, an unprepared Strange dies a horrid, horrid death. With prep, I'm not sure. If there's ever been a character that's been all over the charts, it's Strange. He's got amazingingly high victories, and ridiculously low losses as well.

And since we didn't really get to see Dark Phoenix in combat, we can really only postulate what she can do. If she fights the same way that Necrom did with the Anti-Phoenix, Doc's in a world of trouble, especially since Dark Phoenix is even more insane that Necrom.

Even with prep, Doc's gonna have a hard time fighting someone that tosses small planets at him. But if there's anyone in the MU can pull of a win against DP, it's gonna be Strange.

guy222
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU

Dark Phoenix kills man w/tricks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.