Thanos,Odin & Colossus vs. Galactus 75%

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
Colossus wouldn't make a difference but it would be a stalemate.Their fighting in New York with no people,and no prep.

masterbruce
so why is Colossus in there?

Space M ummy
People routinely underestimate galactus here. "normal" galactus had Thanos on his knees begging for mercy. Odin wouldn't fare too much better.

Galactus has absorbed ALL of the elders of the universe (minus collector, I think?) at the same time just by allowing his hunger to "consume" them. Odin wouldnt fare much better.

Why is colossus here?

hulk10
He could hold Galactus off for 5 seconds.

Mrrungo Mu
Galactus wins.

Scoobless
Originally posted by hulk10
He could hold Galactus off for 5 seconds.

Not even if his powers were multiplied by 50.

no expression

seaapple
Colossus laughing

seaapple
...wait a minute.

Thanos and Odin laughing

NiņoAraņa
Galactus borrows teh clawsno expression

Colossus-Big C
team

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. Colossus tips the scales in their favor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Space M ummy
People routinely underestimate galactus here. "normal" galactus had Thanos on his knees begging for mercy. Odin wouldn't fare too much better.

Galactus has absorbed ALL of the elders of the universe (minus collector, I think?) at the same time just by allowing his hunger to "consume" them. Odin wouldnt fare much better.

Why is colossus here?

Ummm actually that was a WELL-FED Galactus and he exerted a lot of vital energies just piercing it. In fact, he stated he's never had to work so hard to break a mere forcefield. So, if a well fed galactus has to work that hard just to break Thanos's shield... what on earth makes you think it will be easy to then beat Thanos and Odin combined?

the rest of his career. claiming breaking through thanos forcefields weakened G or posed a real challenge to him is a joke and thanos was begging for his life afterwards.

G wins

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm actually that was a WELL-FED Galactus and he exerted a lot of vital energies just piercing it. In fact, he stated he's never had to work so hard to break a mere forcefield. So, if a well fed galactus has to work that hard just to break Thanos's shield... what on earth makes you think it will be easy to then beat Thanos and Odin combined?

Actually, he stated he never had to exert himself so to breach them.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exert

For example, you must exert yourself to perform 10 jumping jacks from a totally sedentary, docile position. Hardly impossible, and more of a nuisance than something that you have to challenge yourself to do.

Also keep in mind the fact that a second blast would have ended Thanos' life, and it's not really something to doubt whether he can do it or not even with Odin there. i.e., it's well within his capability to pierce all Thanos' shields in 1 shot. 75% Galactus is only 25% away from Full Power.

As for Odin, well, he'll face Galactus directly in Mighty Thor #4, so let's see then.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Scoobless
Not even if his powers were multiplied by 50 magnitudes.

no expression
Fixed for accuracy

Estacado
Thanos puts him in a force block.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Actually, he stated he never had to exert himself so to breach them.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exert

For example, you must exert yourself to perform 10 jumping jacks from a totally sedentary, docile position. Hardly impossible, and more of a nuisance than something that you have to challenge yourself to do.

Also keep in mind the fact that a second blast would have ended Thanos' life, and it's not really something to doubt whether he can do it or not even with Odin there. i.e., it's well within his capability to pierce all Thanos' shields in 1 shot. 75% Galactus is only 25% away from Full Power.

As for Odin, well, he'll face Galactus directly in Mighty Thor #4, so let's see then.

What happened to you in the Dp Tyrant thread PC?

Anyways, the statement stands and was validated by Big G himself. After stating he's never had to exert himself so much to pierce a forcefield... he then mentioned needing to go feed to get those nutrients back. Point is, from the horses mouth, a well fed Galactus had to feed again simply by trying to break Thanos's shields.

zopzop
What Kurupt said. Galactus would deplete himself piercing Thanos' shields (exactly as he did ON PANEL before), Odin then blasts his head off. Colossus cheerleads from the sidelines.

Team for the majority.

Originally posted by zopzop
What Kurupt said. Galactus would deplete himself piercing Thanos' shields (exactly as he did ON PANEL before), Odin then blasts his head off. Colossus cheerleads from the sidelines.

Team for the majority. G showed a single blast could kill a regular skyfather in chaos war - from his mouth as well - and thanos would have been killed with one blast after his shields were gone. people who believe G would be exhausted to the point of being out of combat by the power necessary to finish these 2 are delluded. G wiped the annihilation wave, killed a watcher, totally drained Annie with the qbands (infintie powersources), desroyed 3 star systems on panel and, according to a later comic, actually swept the gaklaxy clean of life in a single blast while starved next to death. it is ludicrous to believe a high skyfahter and a high trans/low skyfather can beat him.

he was not visibly weakned at all after breking thanos shields. this is reaching beyond sadness

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
What happened to you in the Dp Tyrant thread PC?

Anyways, the statement stands and was validated by Big G himself. After stating he's never had to exert himself so much to pierce a forcefield... he then mentioned needing to go feed to get those nutrients back. Point is, from the horses mouth, a well fed Galactus had to feed again simply by trying to break Thanos's shields.

Did you respond? I never saw it bumped up again.

He needed all the energy he had so he could manipulate the infinity gems to do his will.

The context is that Galactus was not in it for the fight and if he didn't have a superior objective to achieve, he could have continued.

In other words, he needed to be in optimal condition to execute his plans with the infinity gems. Conflict with Thanos nullified that situation.

That doesn't mean he would lose or that he was unable to do it. And let's be clear on what he says by exert: Galactus is an arrogant character. He's dismissing Thanos' shields as much as praising them, due to the fact that he actually had to exert himself. Both parties knew what the result would be of a second follow-up blast, that he was well on the way to prepare and be willing to do.

And let's be clear that "depleting vital energies" is NOT unanimously synonymous with "extremely weak." You can deplete energies that are dedicated to a specific task, which need to be replenished. You could sprint for 5 blocks and deplete vital energies that you need to run a 2 mile marathon immediately after, but that does not mean in any fashion that you are weak or even near death, obviously.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by 753
G showed a single blast could kill a regular skyfather in chaos war - from his mouth as well - and thanos would have been killed with one blast after his shields were gone. people who believe G would be exhausted to the point of being out of combat by the power necessary to finish these 2 are delluded. G wiped the annihilation wave, killed a watcher, totally drained Annie with the qbands (infintie powersources), desroyed 3 star systems on panel and, according to a later comic, actually swept the gaklaxy clean of life in a single blast while starved next to death. it is ludicrous to believe a high skyfahter and a high trans/low skyfather can beat him.

he was not visibly weakned at all after breking thanos shields. this is reaching beyond sadness

Essentially. Depleting vital energies =/= incapable of continuing or lacking further power.

The fact is that Galactus was conserving every ounce of energy to direct the infinity gems. I don't think there's anything to suggest that was weakened.

In fact, only after combat with Hunger was he clearly in an imperiled situation.

zopzop
Originally posted by 753
G showed a single blast could kill a regular skyfather in chaos war - from his mouth as well -

BS! He showed no such thing. He SAID, but then again Galactus talks a lot of BS. Get back to me when you have on panel evidence of Galactus doing anything worthwhile to a skyfather level being.

Except Thanos isn't alone here. He had a high end skyfather with him. And on panel Galactus needed to eat after that, admittedly one-sided, tussle with Thanos.

ONE high end feat after 40 years of pathetic showings doesn't make Galactus the shiznit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
G showed a single blast could kill a regular skyfather in chaos war - from his mouth as well - and thanos would have been killed with one blast after his shields were gone. people who believe G would be exhausted to the point of being out of combat by the power necessary to finish these 2 are delluded. G wiped the annihilation wave, killed a watcher, totally drained Annie with the qbands (infintie powersources), desroyed 3 star systems on panel and, according to a later comic, actually swept the gaklaxy clean of life in a single blast while starved next to death. it is ludicrous to believe a high skyfahter and a high trans/low skyfather can beat him.

Kill a Skyfather in one hit? If Galactus believes that, his deluding himself. No way is a single eye blast from him killing a Skyfather. And I'm pretty sure he then said something akin to no mere Skyfather should so easily shrug off his attack.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: The hundreds of canisters filled with the energy Galactus feeds on that were circling him.

Whatever, the battle with Zeus certainly dispelled the notion his far above Skyfather, granted he was amped. I'd argue slightly based on Pak's statement but I know people won't like accepting that. We'll see how his battle with Odin goes. I personally doubt his going to stomp Odin, if he does win, fed or not, but who knows.

JakeTheBank
Galactus' eyebeams didn't even kill Thor, iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nope, they didn't. Thor's been struck by them twice and has only been stunned on both occasions. Granted, in one example, Galactus was really drained.

Still, the notion that Galactus can one shot a high Skyfather, in particular one like Odin, is something I highly disagree with if that's where his going with this reasoning. I find the notion laughable personally. Whatever, this debate will be settled soon enough. At least temporarily.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I said it before, and I'll say it again: The hundreds of canisters filled with the energy Galactus feeds on that were circling him.

Exactly!

This is happening when?

kgkg
We'll see how his battle with Odin goes. I personally doubt his going to stomp Odin, if he does win, fed or not, but who knows. Galactus will be a at his staving mode when fighting Odin from what I have gathered and will most likely win the fight anyway.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
Galactus will be a at his staving mode when fighting Odin from what I have gathered and will most likely win the fight anyway.

Really? Why do you think so?

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is happening when?

Mighty Thor #4. Coming out in a few months.

kgkg
Really? Why do you think so? Why he would win? or why he would be starving?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why he would win? or why he would be starving?

Both I guess.

BS! He showed no such thing. He SAID, but then again Galactus talks a lot of BS. Get back to me when you have on panel evidence of Galactus doing anything worthwhile to a skyfather level being.

yah, its funny how your argument is based on your particular of G saying some random general bs, but other people cant do it. I dont think he would oneshot a regular skyfather like that, just poseted to show how writers have him say a lot of shit

it still wont be enough to deplete him to the point he is put out of combat
he has other high end featsd, you are the one focusing on the low ones

Kill a Skyfather in one hit? If Galactus believes that, his deluding himself. No way is a single eye blast from him killing a Skyfather. And I'm pretty sure he then said something akin to no mere Skyfather should so easily shrug off his attack.

Whatever, the battle with Zeus certainly dispelled the notion his far above Skyfather, granted he was amped. I'd argue slightly based on Pak's statement but I know people won't like accepting that. We'll see how his battle with Odin goes. I personally doubt his going to stomp Odin, if he does win, fed or not, but who knows. yeah, I dont think he would drop skyfahters with glancing blasts either, although if he ahrnessed his power he could do so in one shot, I was making a point about using general statements to prove points.

I disagree with your interpretation of those images.

Zeus was possessed by the chaos king, I do not think it was a slight amp and even if it was, nothing about it really showed skyfahters are close to him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
yeah, I dont think he would drop skyfahters with glancing blasts either, although if he ahrnessed his power he could do so in one shot, I was making a point about using general statements to prove points.

I disagree with your interpretation of those images.

Zeus was possessed by the chaos king, I do not think it was a slight amp and even if it was, nothing about it really showed skyfahters are close to him.

If he channels all his power into a single attack, that I can agree with. At least for an average Skyfather.

To me it's just a matter of plain common sense. We know Galactus was severely weakened, those canisters contained the Power Cosmic and Annihilus even yelled at Galactus, claiming that the power was his. Based on this, and the fact that Galactus was not in a better state after the blast -as I recall- the only logical conclusion is that said canisters were the source of energy for the blast. It would just be illogical to assume otherwise imo unless you have information I don't.

According to Pak, Galactus statement was meant to indicate Zeus was slightly above an average Skyfather. Accept it or do't. Well it certainly doesn't support the notion there's a large gap between the two.

kgkg
Both I guess. He would be at a hungry state because that's the most common Galactus seen in comics. If he is after a food source he is most likely hungry. Cover pages and preview seems to indicate he will be hungry. As to why he would win he just seem more powerful than skyfathers who haven't done much lately while Galactus has been portrayed at Universal levels in recent events.

It will be an interesting read for sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He would be at a hungry state because that's the most common Galactus seen in comics. If he is after a food source he is most likely hungry. Cover pages and preview seems to indicate he will be hungry. As to why he would win he just seem more powerful than skyfathers who haven't done much lately while Galactus has been portrayed at Universal levels in recent events.

It will be an interesting read for sure.

What cover pages and previews are you talking about? And if nothing else, we saw him recently feed in #1. And I'd wager Galactus comes after the seed because Surfer summons him as it can sustain him for ages.

Did you miss Chaos War? Odin came back recently and beat down a Universal level opponent. His durability seems to have taken a bit of a dive however. Whatever, we'll see.

If he channels all his power into a single attack, that I can agree with. At least for an average Skyfather.

To me it's just a matter of plain common sense. We know Galactus was severely weakened, those canisters contained the Power Cosmic and Annihilus even yelled at Galactus, claiming that the power was his. Based on this, and the fact that Galactus was not in a better state after the blast -as I recall- the only logical conclusion is that said canisters were the source of energy for the blast. It would just be illogical to assume otherwise imo unless you have information I don't.

According to Pak, Galactus statement was meant to indicate Zeus was slightly above an average Skyfather. Accept it or do't. Well it certainly doesn't support the notion there's a large gap between the two. no energy is seen flowing from the canisters to him and his physical appaerance isnt improved in the slightest. that's what I base it on

Zack Fair
Originally posted by 753

thumb up

vince_slice

In God Hunter it was stated that Galactus had to draw upon his inner reservoires of energy and from his very being to wipe out the Annihilation wave. No mention of canisters at all.

kgkg
Did you miss Chaos War? Odin came back recently and beat down a Universal level opponent. His durability seems to have taken a bit of a dive however. Whatever, we'll see. I read CW partially it was so bad I had to stop. I haven't read anything relating to Thor/Asgard after that. I did pick up The Mighty Thor #1 though smile

Omega Vision
Lol Colossus.

Anyway Big G wins.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by 753

++

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
no energy is seen flowing from the canisters to him and his physical appaerance isnt improved in the slightest. that's what I base it on

I'm pretty sure the canisters were glowing in conjunction with his eyes as they spiraled around him. I'm also pretty sure they disappear soon after as Annihilus streaks towards Galactus screaming that the Power Cosmic is his.

I believe his physical features when we do see him afterward near the end of the issue are improved with his face being mostly full unlike when he broke out. I'm guessing he deteriorates soon after as he was damaged internally by the Annihilus ordeal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vince_slice
In God Hunter it was stated that Galactus had to draw upon his inner reservoires of energy and from his very being to wipe out the Annihilation wave. No mention of canisters at all.

What? When? I'm almost 100% sure it was said he needed to draw on the reservoirs to survive the ordeal of being captured.

vince_slice
What? When? I'm almost 100% sure it was said he needed to draw on the reservoirs to survive the ordeal of being captured.

Yeah it's the last one. It did say something about him needing to draw upon them to survive. Personally I don't think the canisters made much of a difference. I don't think they contained enough energy to wipe a galaxy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah it's the last one. It did say something about him needing to draw upon them to survive. Personally I don't think the canisters made much of a difference. I don't think they contained enough energy to wipe a galaxy.

I'm pretty certain it was in the third issue when Bill and Surfer chat. We see an image of Galactus in captivity and Surfer says he needed to draw on his internal reserves to survive. This damaged him. No mention of the Annihilus wave blast.

Galactus didn't wipe away a Galaxy.

I'm actually not sure how much energy each canister contained. It's been a while since I read the mini and I don't have access to it. When we first see the Galactus gun used, how many canisters were shown. A sufficient supply of them when detonating Galactus however could destroy two Universes. Of course, we never knew how much canisters would be required for that.

vince_slice
I'm pretty certain it was in the third issue when Bill and Surfer chat. We see an image of Galactus in captivity and Surfer says he needed to draw on his internal reserves to survive. This damaged him. No mention of the Annihilus wave blast.

Galactus didn't wipe away a Galaxy.

I'm actually not sure how much energy each canister contained. It's been a while since I read the mini and I don't have access to it. When we first see the Galactus gun used, how many canisters were shown. A sufficient supply of them when detonating Galactus however could destroy two Universes. Of course, we never knew how much canisters would be required for that.

I'm pretty sure Galactus did wipe a galaxy, check Thanos Imperative: Ignition. It said "Annihilation wave was obliterated and the galaxy swept clean" with a picture of Galactus doing his herald my rage blast. In addition, the fact that even after the original blast destroyed three solar systems, it was said to show no signs of slowing I think.

Well its hard to estimate how much energy each canister has. I don't have my annihilation scans anymore so I can't check. I need to get my hands on them to double check before I comment further.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm pretty sure Galactus did wipe a galaxy, check Thanos Imperative: Ignition. It said "Annihilation wave was obliterated and the galaxy swept clean" with a picture of Galactus doing his herald my rage blast. In addition, the fact that even after the original blast destroyed three solar systems, it was said to show no signs of slowing I think.

Well its hard to estimate how much energy each canister has. I don't have my annihilation scans anymore so I can't check. I need to get my hands on them to double check before I comment further.

I meant that Galactus didn't destroy a galaxy. He cleansed the galaxy of the Annihilation wave however.

I don't have any of them either unfortunately. I'd look for instances where the Galactus gun was used to give us an estimate.

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

celestialdemon
Galactus wins this. Why is Colossus there?

guy222
indeed

colossulrage
damn spite for colossus he just gets murdered!

Black bolt z
Heh....I remember how foolish I was. Can't believe I made this thread...

Bouboumaster
Galactus via Atomic Leg Drop

Colossus-Big C
colossus can fastball odin to punch through galactus

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
colossus can fastball odin to punch through galactus
facepalm

carver9
Colossus solos all 3.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
facepalm you are just feeding the troll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.