Who is the greatest villain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Godzilla
Who is the most evil, villainous, wicked, despised, tyrannical person?
(Sidious disregarded, of course)

Darth Godzilla
Rats, I left out Tarkin. I vote for him under "other".

Generic Hero
Tarkin.

Advent
Rawrkin.

Gideon
1. Tarkin

This guy had zero Force ability and still barked a command to Vader. Plus, he blew up Alderaan. Pretty badass, if you ask me.

2. Malak
3. Grievous
4. Dooku
5. Kun
6. Bane
7. Vader (See Episodes I-III and VI to see why Vader is not the most badass villain in Star Wars. There were guys who were way more evil than him.)
8. Shimrra

Captain REX
I pretty much ignore the PT when asked about Vader. That was Anakin, not Vader, by my standards...

Anyways, I put Tarkin and Vader at the top...and then I moved this to the EU section.

Gideon
Henceforth you shall be known as... Darth... Thong.

aldisyoyo
next thing u know u will be sayin "you shall be known as darth...bikini

Alliance
Sith are LAME.

aldisyoyo
of course they are, they are evil

Alliance
No they are not.

Captain REX
Last I checked, the Sith are more evil than everyone else in Star Wars. ermm

Alliance
Check again.

Kadesh
vader

The Planet
Exar Kun, easily.

Kadesh
Originally posted by The Planet
Exar Kun, easily. big grin

Darth Subjekt
Clones arent evil, theyre just drones who do what theyre ordered. And I'd have to say Vader. Killin people at the drop of a hat...c'mon...

Lightsnake
Exar Kun a good villain?

He was just plain sad

The Planet
Well going by the first post, hell yeah! He was pretty much an evil SoB before ever 'turning' to the darkside. He was all evil, he 'turned' way too easily, and he had no redeeming qualities.

I mean character wise, he was pretty lame, but I'm more kind of responding to the first post rather than the thread title.

Gideon
Originally posted by Alliance
Sith are LAME.

Last time I checked, the Palpatine and the Sith are the primary villains of the saga - indeed, overall, of the whole SW storyline.

S_W_LeGenD
Malak and Tarkin were both very Evil.

And I mentioned Malak because he destroyed life on two planets: Telos and Taris. And he also bombed the shit out of Dantooine.

So, he is responsible for killing millions and millions of people.

darthsith19
Other (Darth Maul of course!)

The Planet
Yeah, Darth Maul was damn evil too, but I'm guessing (don't know too much about Maul's origin) that he was more of a victim of circumstance, being trained by Palpatine - the most evil and manipulative sith ever since childhood, I mean who wouldn't become as twisted as Maul under those circumstances.

Gideon
Originally posted by The Planet
Yeah, Darth Maul was damn evil too, but I'm guessing (don't know too much about Maul's origin) that he was more of a victim of circumstance, being trained by Palpatine - the most evil and manipulative sith ever since childhood, I mean who wouldn't become as twisted as Maul under those circumstances.

The databank cites him as a creature of pure evil. The EU works he's been featured in goes onto explain that very well. The difference is, he didn't perform magnificent examples of his evil, like wiping out the Jedi, conquering the galaxy, blowing up Alderaan, ect.

Alliance
Originally posted by Gideon
Last time I checked, the Palpatine and the Sith are the primary villains of the saga - indeed, overall, of the whole SW storyline.
I don't understand how that makes them not lame.

Gideon
Originally posted by Alliance
I don't understand how that makes them not lame.

I don't understand how it would. How are they lame? You've got Vader, who is the most iconic movie villain of all time. When you look deeper, he has a backstory - the guy who lost everything. He's a tragic figure.

Though, lol, I hate tragic figures. I want my villains to be irredeemable.

Alliance
Then they really have shallow characters don't they.

Generic Hero
The PT does that to characters.

Alliance
Not really.

Besides, to Lucas, the characters were never that way.

Tangible God
I'm confused now.

But Tarkin I vote for. The whole blowing up Alderaan thing, plus that other planet where the Death Star was being built, smooshin' a platform of protesters, using the Maw to construct diabolical weapons worse than the Death Stars.

Plus he already looks like such an evil *sshole.

Kadesh
According to FOC the 1st death star was built in the maw, a place filled with black holes

Tangible God
Actually that was the Death Star prototype which they used soley for their advancement of the Superlaser.

Alliance
TAKE IT TO THE EU FORUM!!!!!

Tangible God
Unless my computer is f*cked, it IS in the EU forum, Alliance.

Pepsi_Blue_Fan
Palatine was a wose.....I mean seriously....he didn't even have the balls to face his master that trainned him. He killed him in his sleep...and now that i think about it. I think Yodi is the greatest villan of all time! >=( Anaikan: In my eyes the Jedi are evil. XDD j/k I think Tarkin is pretty evil now that I look at the OT and look back on all of it. I think Vader shit his pants everytime he had to raise his voice. Like when he was chocking that one guy and he said enough. Vader must of been like...Oh shit i'm sorry....

Antaeus
Greatest Villain:
Easy - because he is also the greatest villain of all time - we have never seen a better villain ever - one can find more evil ones, but not greater. And it is of course:

Darth Vader

Tangible God
Originally posted by Pepsi_Blue_Fan
Palatine was a wose.....I mean seriously....he didn't even have the balls to face his master that trainned him. He killed him in his sleep...and now that i think about it. I think Yodi is the greatest villan of all time! >=( Anaikan: In my eyes the Jedi are evil. XDD j/k I think Tarkin is pretty evil now that I look at the OT and look back on all of it. I think Vader shit his pants everytime he had to raise his voice. Like when he was chocking that one guy and he said enough. Vader must of been like...Oh shit i'm sorry.... Suuuure...

zephiel7
He's got a point. Yoda is definately the greatest villain of all time...

Mider999
how come darth nihilus aint in here lol palpatine is the most evil.

information
Success is what makes a great villain, not evil. Anyone can be the worst character ever in both heartless and quality.

Kadesh
DE palpatine because he will not give up

General G
I agree Sidious was pretty evil, especially in the DE time, but didn't the openning post for this thread say Sidious was disregarded? So, I would have to say Tarkin or Vader, evil fools.

Kadesh
If you talk evil then nihilus is pure evil, He just kills everything, he dont care who you are this and that, And let visas survive to be his pawn i think.

I think the only good thing sidious ever did was to help vader in mustafar

General G
Yeah, Nihilus wiped out a whole planet, thats pretty evil and brutal. Although so did Tarkin, but he didn't kill Leia when he had the chance, so I guess I will change my answer to Nihilus. If Tarkin had killed Leia, I probably would not have changed it. Kadesh, your right, Nihilus just doesn't care who or what you are, your as good as dead.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hands down Darth Vader. Lets debate

Gideon
I still stick with my original assessment and go with Tarkin. The Grand Moff Tarkin who barked a command at DARTH VADER (!) - the same Vader who has no problem strangling every Imperial and their mother (regardless of their rank) - and ordered the destruction of an entire planet simply because he felt like it. He believed Leia's lie, he had no reason to continue with the operation - he just did it to be an evil bastard.

Grievous comes in second. Read the RotS novelization or LoE for details.

Malak is third.

Faunus
Peter Cushing >>>>>>>>>>> All^All. Except Lee, who's a close second.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus

In SW? McDiarmid is the best SW villain. Then Cushing and Lee.

The Sith'ari
Anakin Skywalker's my personal favorite.

Tangible God
Yeah, what a villain.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Faunus

I would put them the other way round personally. But Cushing is a superb actor in his own right, his performance as Tarkin was nothing short of perfect.

The Sith'ari
Right, because old wrinkled men are so damn appealing and likable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rampant ox
Originally posted by The Sith'ari
Right, because old wrinkled men are so damn appealing and likable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Im going to pretend I didnt read that. no expression

Mizukage Yoda
lol Nihilus Ate the Jedi Order

Rohangiga
REVAN! is definently

Rohangiga
He either takes out the whole Jedi order or the whole sith with a few other woosy friends

Blaxican
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
lol Nihilus Ate the Jedi Order

You smell like a dirty... stocking.

JaehSkywalker
Tarkin.

my other one is based on your answers, since i dunno him *yeah, sorry about that. i don't read much anymore...* Nihilus...

Kadesh
Nihilus got no personality, just a fool going around making fart noises to irritate other jedis then he eats them and keep their genitals as trophies.

Seriously vader is the most badass sith lord to ever live, far more badass than revan

Tangible God
One of the most badass villains in fiction would be Vader. But in terms of successful villainy, true villainy, Tarkin.

Kadesh
Because he is old and he blew up a world? Lol he looks like hitler if he had a mustache

Rampant ox
Well the Imperial Officers were meant to mirror Nazis apparently.

Kadesh
Too bad hitler and the nazi cant compare to the evil old men like sidious, tarkin and vader

Tangible God
Causing the deaths of 60 million people can't compare to blowing up the planet.

LORDSIDIOUS01
VADER VADER VADER

Lee-San28
No question its Sidious .......who else conned a jedi to kill all of his swarn brothers

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Tangible God
Causing the deaths of 60 million people can't compare to blowing up the planet.

It can't, I s'pose, but Hitler only killed 1/10th that many people. The thing is, though, Hitler put the people through Hell first, and, comparing real evil characters to fictional ones is tough. I think leaving real life sick ****s out of this thread would be best. They can be a sensitive subject.

Kadesh
But this makes me wonder, what IF palpatine and vader became real? That they brought the imperial fleet to earth, What would happen?

I think vader would be the greatest faces of evil to ever exist had he became real

coolmovies
I agree with that one

General G
Originally posted by Lee-San28
No question its Sidious .......who else conned a jedi to kill all of his swarn brothers

Sidious rules. I love his lines in ROTJ, each and every one of them were amazing and are my favourite quotes of the entire saga. And he is badass and owned Yoda, not too many can say they have done that now can they?

Gideon
The original thread maker said "excluding Sidious", otherwise he'd top it.

General G
Originally posted by Gideon
The original thread maker said "excluding Sidious", otherwise he'd top it.

Damn!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.