ION vs Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Both at absolute full potential!

Faceman
Ion.

masterbruce
Prime wins.

King Kandy
Originally posted by masterbruce
Prime at his full potential is Thanos with IG and HOTU. Prime wins.
I'm not going to dignify that remark with a disprovel.

Priest
what?

Entity

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on what? What brings you to that ridiculous conclusion?
Unless its based on a Superman is perfect rule which seems to be written in stone in the DCU!

masterbruce
Originally posted by Entity
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on what? What brings you to that ridiculous conclusion?
Unless its based on a Superman is perfect rule which seems to be written in stone in the DCU!

Based on what?

PRIME DESTROYED THE GREATEST THREAT OF HIS UNIVERSE IN ONE FREAKING PANEL WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

case closed, goodnight folks

King Kandy
Based on what?

PRIME DESTROYED THE GREATEST THREAT OF HIS UNIVERSE IN ONE FREAKING PANEL WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with that, Masterbruce said goodbye to all respect anyone would ever give him...

Kutulu
Based on what?

BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, thanks for the chuckle. rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Priest
Based on what?

u realize that ION at full potential is multiversal?

Entity
Based on what?

And you think either Thanos with IG, HOTU or ION at full power couldn't do the same???

masterbruce
Originally posted by King Kandy
And with that, Masterbruce said goodbye to all respect anyone would ever give him...

Solaris took on all metahumans of Prime's universe. Those very metahumans that make today's heroes look pathetic in power comparison.

Those guys couldn't do anything to Solaris. Prime comes in one panel and saves the day. There was not even a struggle.

Prime is GODLY.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Entity
And you think either Thanos with IG, HOTU or ION at full power couldn't do the same???

No that was hyperbole on my part, I apologize and have edited.

But I DO think Prime is at least above Galactus.

Entity
Originally posted by King Kandy

Yea despite everything people have said about you up till now I have continued to give you some benefit of the doubt but, this is totally beyond rashionable.

You have just lost any chance at ever being taken seriously by me again!

Entity

But I DO think Prime is at least above Galactus.

Thats a small start at redeeming yourself.

StarsNeverFall7
Ion=Omnipotence

Omnipotence>>>Prime

bigbran

But I DO think Prime is at least above Galactus. No.

thtadthtshldntb
Superman Prime wins this.

Superman Prime is orders of magnitude more powerful than Superman 1,000,000... you know the guys who could punch through time and who used his force vision to hold a galaxy or something like that. Superman 1,000,000 gets some of his powers from Superman Prime who IIRC is the power source of the Supersun.

Martian_mind
Prime beat solaris with a GL ring right? didnt it only work because solaris had no defence against it?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Prime beat solaris with a GL ring right? didnt it only work because solaris had no defence against it?

Green Lantern couldn't defeat Solaris with it.

UniOmni
I'd wager my money on Ion.

All of it.

Every damn time too.

masterbruce
Originally posted by UniOmni
I'd wager my money on Ion.

All of it.

Every damn time too.

too bad you're an unemployed, penniless, homeless street bum

bigbran
too bad you're an unemployed, penniless, homeless street bum And you beat homeless street bums up for breakfast...

juggernaut66666
Based on what?

Man you are an idiot. no expression

Ion beats Prime anytime.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Superman Prime wins this.

Superman Prime is orders of magnitude more powerful than Superman 1,000,000... you know the guys who could punch through time and who used his force vision to hold a galaxy or something like that. Superman 1,000,000 gets some of his powers from Superman Prime who IIRC is the power source of the Supersun.
So? Parallax Destroyed the Universe and all the timelines and begin to create a new Universe he also wanted to create a new Multi-Verse but Spectre interfered. Parallax+Corps Battery+Oblivion=Ion

Martian_mind
rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing laughing Originally posted by bigbran
And you beat homeless street bums up for breakfast...

laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance

Al Japone
MB Is the biggest idiot there is.

Martian_mind
thats kinda funny but no dancing banana for u...oh wat the hell Happy Dance

breeze85
Prime's power level is unknown. For this reason I hope people will stop putting him into fights. Yet I'm preeetty sure he is nowhere near Ion.

What's with masterbruce making a fool of himself in every thread.

S-Ranger
Green Lantern couldn't defeat Solaris with it.

Yeah but we're talking about ION here.

trolly_crouchjr
Id say stalemate

Galan007
Ion takes this with no problem at all.

King Kandy
too bad you're an unemployed, penniless, homeless street bum
And how did you reach this conclusion?

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
So? Parallax Destroyed the Universe and all the timelines and begin to create a new Universe he also wanted to create a new Multi-Verse but Spectre interfered. Parallax+Corps Battery+Oblivion=Ion

All he was doing is altering time so that the destruction did not happen. And btw there is only one timeline in the DCU.

Superman Prime is stated to be the most powerful version of Superman ever. Do you know who the most powerful version of Superman was prior to that? E1 Superman with the Sword of Superman. This is a version of Superman who had all the powers of the Presence.

juggernaut66666
All he was doing is altering time so that the destruction did not happen. And btw there is only one timeline in the DCU.

Superman Prime is stated to be the most powerful version of Superman ever. Do you know who the most powerful version of Superman was prior to that? E1 Superman with the Sword of Superman. This is a version of Superman who had all the powers of the Presence.
Have you even read it ?He was creatin a new Universe

thtadthtshldntb
Yeah I read it. No, he was reseting the timeline for the post Crisis DCU, which he did anyway.

That is nothing beyond the power of any DC Angel btw, to manipulate time like that.

Superman Prime is well beyond that level of power.

Galan007
Superman Prime is stated to be the most powerful version of Superman ever. Do you know who the most powerful version of Superman was prior to that? E1 Superman with the Sword of Superman. This is a version of Superman who had all the powers of the Presence. I hate when people just bring up what was stated, and think that statments are in someway greater then on pannel feats roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce
Originally posted by Galan007
I hate when people just bring up what was stated, and think that statments are in someway greater then on pannel feats roll eyes (sarcastic)

unlike a lot of characters who writers have claimed were the most powerful being, Superman Prime has no low showings.

He defeated Solaris with a blink of his eye for god's sake, how is a feat like that discredited on here.

juggernaut66666
The new Universe was created with plasma energy
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1923/1to3.th.jpg
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4152/1rz2.th.jpg

Galan007
The new Universe was created by plasma energy
IMG]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4152/1rz2.th.jpg Yeah I know.

Im refering to to SMP responses

Juntai
All he was doing is altering time so that the destruction did not happen. Wrong.
Wrong.

Galan007
Superman Prime has no low showings.And Ion does?

Ion's sheer feats>SMP's 5 pages that he was seen on.

He defeated Solaris with a blink of his eye for god's sake, how is a feat like that discredited on here. So?

All-Star Superman keeps Solaris as a friggin pet, but would I put him at a higher level then Ion?

no

masterbruce
And Ion does?

So?

All-Star Superman keeps Tyrant as a friggin pet, but would I put him at a higher level then Ion?

no

So then we can only say it would be a draw or the conclusion is unknowable. How can you say Ion will win if you don't know the limits to Prime's powers.

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by Juntai
Wrong.
Wrong.

Well I know that you can spell wrong correctly since you did it twice but I am not the one who is wrong and you have not made any counter arguments.

Galan007
So then we can only say it would be a draw or the conclusion is unknowable. How can you say Ion will win if you don't know the limits to Prime's powers. Prime's powers are inconclusive at best, and I dont feel that he should be mentioned in any threads simply because of lack of feats.

And remember, feats are all we should go by on these forums. Not statments.

juggernaut66666
Well I know that you can spell wrong correctly since you did it twice but I am not the one who is wrong and you have not made any counter arguments.
Yes you are the one who is wrong.

The new Universe was created with plasma energy
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4152/1rz2.th.jpg

thtadthtshldntb
And Ion does?

So?

All-Star Superman keeps Solaris as a friggin pet, but would I put him at a higher level then Ion?

no

All Star Superman is Grant Morrison's wanked out combination of E1 Superman and post Crisis Superman... you know all the powers and power levels of E1 Superman with the forcefield and the powers increasing as he absorbs more solar energy of post Crisis Superman.

All Star Superman, if he were in continuity may be beyond Superman Prime. Remember this is Grant Morrison, the guy who wanks out everything he touches it seems.

Galan007
All Star Superman is Grant Morrison's wanked out combination of E1 Superman and post Crisis Superman... you know all the powers and power levels of E1 Superman with the forcefield and the powers increasing as he absorbs more solar energy of post Crisis Superman.

All Star Superman, if he were in continuity may be beyond Superman Prime. Remember this is Grant Morrison, the guy who wanks out everything he touches it seems. Please dont try to lecture me on AS superman laughing out loud

Trust me, i am very knowledgeable on his feats..... *see the respect thread under my sig*

juggernaut66666
So then we can only say it would be a draw or the conclusion is unknowable. How can you say Ion will win if you don't know the limits to Prime's powers.
Ion just drains out the energy of the GL ring after he pimpslap Prime.

Juntai
Well I know that you can spell wrong correctly since you did it twice but I am not the one who is wrong and you have not made any counter arguments. It's wrong because Hal wiped multiple realities, that's why there was characters from a few alternate timelines in the final battle against him.
He destroyed the previous universe, it's mentioned several times in the story. He then created a new reality from his fingertips, from, where there was none left, as shown by Juggernaut6666. And is supported by the rest of the story.

juggernaut66666
And that is what I call a wtfpwnage!!!!
Pwners:Galan007,Juntai,Juggernaut66666
Teh pwned: thtadthtshldntb

thtadthtshldntb
Please dont try to lecture me on AS superman laughing out loud

Trust me, i am very knowledgeable on his feats..... *see the respect thread under my sig*

I am not trying to lecture, I am stating that using All Star Superman as an example of limits on Superman Prime's power is not appropriate. All Star Superman is clearly a whole other ball game.

Galan007
I am not trying to lecture, I am stating that using All Star Superman as an example of limits on Superman Prime's power is not appropriate. All Star Superman is clearly a whole other ball game. And I'm saying that you need to give feats for SMP, not statments.

I can post feats of both characters, and after comparing them only a blind man would say that

SMP's feats>Ion's roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why?

Because SMP has 1 feat, thats it.

thtadthtshldntb
It's wrong because Hal wiped multiple realities, that's why there was characters from a few alternate timelines in the final battle against him.
He destroyed the previous universe, it's mentioned several times in the story. He then created a new reality from his fingertips, from, where there was none left, as shown by Juggernaut6666. And is supported by the rest of the story.

Which multiple realities? And btw multiple realities is not the same as one reality with multiple time lines. Marvel for example has both. DC does not.

Based on what happened in Kingdom, Hypertime is clearly more like Marvel's multiple number reality mimic rather than what the DC was like before CoIE.

masterbruce
And I'm saying that you need to give feats for SMP, not statments.

I can post feats of both characters, and after comparing them only a blind man would say that

Why?

why do you hate Superman so much?

thtadthtshldntb
And I'm saying that you need to give feats for SMP, not statments.

Because I can post feats of both characters, and after comparing them only a blind man would say that

Why?

When DC comics puts forth the statement or statements that Superman Prime is the most powerful version of Superman ever and we know that the most powerful version of Superman before that was E1 Superman, maybe even E1 Superman with the SoS, that more or less puts prime at a level beyond anything short of a Cosmic.

How would Ion defeat E1 Superman for instance? He had no chance against that version. And Superman Prime is purportedly more powerful.

juggernaut66666

How would Ion defeat E1 Superman for instance? He had no chance against that version. And Superman Prime is purportedly more powerful.
laughing laughing laughing
From where did you get that shit?

thtadthtshldntb
laughing laughing laughing
From where did you get that shit?

Well what could Ion do to E1 Superman?

juggernaut66666
Well what could Ion do to E1 Superman?
Hmmm maybe erase him from existense??
Ion was one with the Universe.

Edit: or just takes away all his powers.

Galan007
When DC comics puts forth the statement or statements that Superman Prime is the most powerful version of Superman ever and we know that the most powerful version of Superman before that was E1 Superman, maybe even E1 Superman with the SoS, that more or less puts prime at a level beyond anything short of a Cosmic.

How would Ion defeat E1 Superman for instance? He had no chance against that version. And Superman Prime is purportedly more powerful. Let me put it this way....

SMP's best (and only) feat was defeating Solaris with a GL ring!

And what is Ion among so many things?
He IS the complete power of the entire GL corps in a single body...

OK, now we know that the ring won't be harming Ion, so what else has Superman done under his own power that puts him above Ion?

Give me feats, not statments..

Juntai
Which multiple realities? And btw multiple realities is not the same as one reality with multiple time lines. Marvel for example has both. DC does not.

Based on what happened in Kingdom, Hypertime is clearly more like Marvel's multiple number reality mimic rather than what the DC was like before CoIE. Switching stances now are we?

thtadthtshldntb
Hmmm maybe erase him from existense??
Ion was one with the Universe.

Edit: or just takes away all his powers.

Do you know how fast E1 Superman was? He could travel at infinite velocities and space and time travel at will. He could actually dodge red sun radiation. He had only two weakness outright, magic and bad writing which his speed could not overcome.

Written by the same writers as today or the 1990s, E1 Superman literally could stop Zero Hour by himself.

thtadthtshldntb
Switching stances now are we?

No. Nothing that I stated is in direct contradiction to anything that I said before.

juggernaut66666
Do you know how fast E1 Superman was? He could travel at infinite velocities and space and time travel at will. He could actually dodge red sun radiation. He had only two weakness outright, magic and bad writing which his speed could not overcome.

Written by the same writers as today or the 1990s, E1 Superman literally could stop Zero Hour by himself.
Did you know that Spectre admited that Ion has the power to re-write the Universe without altering anything?

thtadthtshldntb
Did you know that Spectre admited that Ion has the power to re-write the Universe without altering anything?

Do you know that in the Spectre's modern origin he is portrayed as one of the dumber DC Angels, which is why he needs moral guidance from a human host.

This is the same omnipotent Spectre who with the backing of the presence could not stomp the Antimonitor

The same Spectre who was punished for his stupidty for all eternity to be bonded to a host

The same Spectre who on his own destroyed thousands of years progress stabilizing wild magic and outright killed all the Lords of Order and Chaos.

The Spectre is not exactly known for his intelligence.

juggernaut66666
Edit...

Juntai
No. Nothing that I stated is in direct contradiction to anything that I said before. Well, you said there is only one timeline in DCU, and then acknowledged hypertime. Sounds contradictory to me.

Galan007

Written by the same writers as today or the 1990s, E1 Superman literally could stop Zero Hour by himself. Wow, imagine that. Your using pannel feats when you debate about E1 Supes...

To bad SMP dosen't have the feats to back up what was stated about him....

Anything that was said about SMP could be dismissed as hyperbole.

Remember, SMP's 1 feat was with a GL ring. Whats that going to do to Ion?

masterbruce
Wow, imagine that. Your using pannel feats when you debate about E1 Supes...

Prime was as close to a true GOD as we get in comics. A true GOD does not expend energy on trivial matters, he exists for existence's sake. By having a lot of feats would trivialize his importance.

Prime is a GOD.

Galan007
Prime was as close to a true GOD as we get in comics. A true GOD does not expend energy on trivial matters, he exists for existence's sake. By having a lot of feats would trivialize his importance.

Prime is a GOD. laughing This statment truly deserving of being profiled..

And none of that gibberish was ever stated in the entire DC one million story.

Get that shit out of here..

On pannel feats>>>>Statments about a character

thtadthtshldntb
Well, you said there is only one timeline in DCU, and then acknowledged hypertime. Sounds contradictory to me.

Not at all. Even though hypertime includes the word time, I don't interpret it, based on what little that we have seen of it, as being about alternate timelines. I think Hypertime works like Marvel's number realities do. Each world with a cosmos with a number is unique with its own timeline(s Marvel also has multiple timelines within each Cosmos, DC eliminated multiple timelines with CoIE).

Juntai
Do you know that in the Spectre's modern origin he is portrayed as one of the dumber DC Angels, which is why he needs moral guidance from a human host.

This is the same omnipotent Spectre who with the backing of the presence could not stomp the Antimonitor

The same Spectre who was punished for his stupidty for all eternity to be bonded to a host

The same Spectre who on his own destroyed thousands of years progress stabilizing wild magic and outright killed all the Lords of Order and Chaos.

The Spectre is not exactly known for his intelligence. Well, The Wrath is blind rage since the death of Christ. And it has no compassion. That's why it needs to be bonded to a human soul.

thtadthtshldntb
Wow, imagine that. Your using pannel feats when you debate about E1 Supes...

Well two points here.

1) DC has stated back then that Superman Prime is the most powerful version of Superman ever. So that makes him more powerful than E1 Superman.

This point is somewhat debatable though.

2) Oan energy has shown itself to be malleable to the willpowers of those it is used upon. Superman routinely overpowers GL constructs when they fight.

thtadthtshldntb
Well, The Wrath is blind rage since the death of Christ. And it has no compassion. That's why it needs to be bonded to a human soul.

It needs to be bonded to a human soul as punishment for its lack of judgement for participating in Lucifer's rebellion.

Galan007
Well two points here.

1) DC has stated back then that Superman Prime is the most powerful version of Superman ever. So that makes him more powerful than E1 Superman.I don't care what was stated, that means nothing...

SMP has 1 feat (with a GL ring).

2) Oan energy has shown itself to be malleable to the willpowers of those it is used upon. This means nothing...

Superman routinely overpowers GL constructs when they fight. Name one time Superman has overpowered a higher level GL's constructs...

And remember this is Ion we're talking about, he has the power of the entire central battery, and the starheart (just to name a few)

He also has several feats that exceedingly put him above SMP's 1 feat (with a GL ring)

Juntai
It needs to be bonded to a human soul as punishment for its lack of judgement for participating in Lucifer's rebellion. Incorrect. That is why Aztar's form was chosen as the NEXT Wrath and thus Aztar was destroyed and replaced with Gods Wrath..

When Christ was born, God deemed it so that these two contradictory pieces of himself, would not exist in reality at the same time, and thus Spectre was banished to his limbo.

When Christ died, The Wrath exploded from Limbo, crazy, and thought everything had commited the greatest sin and needed to be destroyed. He was going to cleanse reality. Thus, it was bonded to a human soul to act as it's judge.

The Wrath's eratic decision making however says nothing of his intelligence.

juggernaut66666
Ion wins 10/10
He is a Multi-versal threat Prime is nothing compare to him.
Ions just locks him in a pocket Universe

Al Japone
MB makes me cry with pain that anyone can be so stupid. I think a couple days after I posted he said he might leave, I wish he would because hes a joke and not a good one.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Al Japone
MB makes me cry with pain that anyone can be so stupid. I think a couple days after I posted he said he might leave, I wish he would because hes a joke and not a good one.
ouch..

Kutulu
Originally posted by Al Japone

Hey we've all harshed on MB, but don't you think you're being a little too mean? embarrasment

Bald Bugger
Maybe, but Ive been here over a week and he makes stupid threads talks crap and just pisses me off. Apart from him everyone on this board is cool.

Validus
Originally posted by Kutulu
Hey we've all harshed on MB, but don't you think you're being a little too mean? embarrasment
Somebody hasn't read the Flash Vs Oa thread.

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by Validus

What type of thread is that? Flash vs a planet?

Bald Bugger
Originally posted by Validus

I haven't seen this. Link please.

Validus
Originally posted by Bald Bugger
I haven't seen this. Link please.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t432754.html

Enjoy!

Bald Bugger
Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.