Team Green Lanturn VS Team Spell-Casters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

derrick666
This is a battle between Team GL's and Team Spell-casters. Fight takes place in the desert...

Team GL's:
*Hal Jordan
*Kyle Rayner
*Guy Gardner

VS

Team Spell-Caster's:
*Dr Strange
*Dr Fate
*Zatanna

Which of these teams is taking this fight? Happy Dance Happy Dance

doctorstrongbad
Have you seen Doctor Strange's feats? That guy is a monster. Team spell caster wins this.

boriquaking55
Team Spell-Caster with ease

Galan007
With no prep it wouldn't be an easy victory for the spell casters, but I'd still say the spell-casters take the majority.

doctorstrongbad
Spell Casters should win this every time. 10/10

spetznaz
Wow ....I'm actually speechless.
Nice thread.

On one hand you have some very powerful GLs (particularly the teamup between Hl and Kyle).
On the other hand you have some high-order mystics with more plot devices up their sleeves than one can shake a stick at!

I'd have to give it to the mystics though .....any one of them can pull out a plot device that simply ends the entire game fair and square, and any one of them possesses sufficient magical prowess and power to warp far more than dimensions (yep, even Zatanna can do far more than whip rabbits from hats ....at her most extreme she can be a terrible force to mess with).

The only problem I have is that the GLs are also walking plot devices!
Kyle was witholding the power of an exploding star as a freakin' rookie!
Hal has also done some rather ludicrous (in terms of sheer extent of power) feats.
Their (Hal and Kyle ....for now let's forget Gardner) usage of the power of Oa through their rings is without par, and not only can they use that power directly but are also EXTREMELY skilled at more oblique uses of the ring (and Oan rings can be used for far more than force blasts .....they can read and control minds, they can create and destroy matter, they can essentially do WHATEVER the wearer wills .....and when it comes to Hal and Kyle we are talking about willpower at a different level when it comes to its intensity and extensity).

This is hard.

While I say the mystics would win, they would be facing two (again, forget Gardner) GLs who are themselves walking plot devices (at their utmost Hal and Kyle could very easily be called abstracts/cosmics ....easily).
If they really wanted to they could destroy the entire solar system that the three mystics were in.

Thus this comes to a case of who strikes first?

If the mystics strike first then the GLs are dead.
If the GLs strike first then the mystics are atomized cinders.

And even then there are questions that would come up. Oa rings can do automatic defenses, and the mystics (particularly Fate and Strange) also have automated mystical defenses.

This is a hard choice.
While I go with the mystics, I'd just as easily say the GLs win. After all, in the right conditions Hal or Kyle by themselves could win.

This is an extremely even-handed match, and it would depend on who was the quickest draw.

Result: After changing my mind several times, I'd say that both teams annihilate each other.

King Kandy
Mystics 6/10

Soljer
Zatanna: ".selbat otni meht snrut dna emit spots egnartS"

DigiMark007
Give the GLs Alan (magic-based powers) and you have a fight. Otherwise, probably magics.

Starhawk
Strange at full power does this on his own.

db_renji
Originally posted by spetznaz
Wow ....I'm actually speechless.
Nice thread.

On one hand you have some very powerful GLs (particularly the teamup between Hl and Kyle).
On the other hand you have some high-order mystics with more plot devices up their sleeves than one can shake a stick at!

I'd have to give it to the mystics though .....any one of them can pull out a plot device that simply ends the entire game fair and square, and any one of them possesses sufficient magical prowess and power to warp far more than dimensions (yep, even Zatanna can do far more than whip rabbits from hats ....at her most extreme she can be a terrible force to mess with).

The only problem I have is that the GLs are also walking plot devices!
Kyle was witholding the power of an exploding star as a freakin' rookie!
Hal has also done some rather ludicrous (in terms of sheer extent of power) feats.
Their (Hal and Kyle ....for now let's forget Gardner) usage of the power of Oa through their rings is without par, and not only can they use that power directly but are also EXTREMELY skilled at more oblique uses of the ring (and Oan rings can be used for far more than force blasts .....they can read and control minds, they can create and destroy matter, they can essentially do WHATEVER the wearer wills .....and when it comes to Hal and Kyle we are talking about willpower at a different level when it comes to its intensity and extensity).

This is hard.

While I say the mystics would win, they would be facing two (again, forget Gardner) GLs who are themselves walking plot devices (at their utmost Hal and Kyle could very easily be called abstracts/cosmics ....easily).
If they really wanted to they could destroy the entire solar system that the three mystics were in.

Thus this comes to a case of who strikes first?

If the mystics strike first then the GLs are dead.
If the GLs strike first then the mystics are atomized cinders.

And even then there are questions that would come up. Oa rings can do automatic defenses, and the mystics (particularly Fate and Strange) also have automated mystical defenses.

This is a hard choice.
While I go with the mystics, I'd just as easily say the GLs win. After all, in the right conditions Hal or Kyle by themselves could win.

This is an extremely even-handed match, and it would depend on who was the quickest draw.

Result: After changing my mind several times, I'd say that both teams annihilate each other.

Quoted as truth. Technically Hal or Kyle could simply shut down the mind of any of the mystics making them unable to use spells. But, on the other hand the magic users could just as easily pull some stuff out their ass. This is tuff, depends on who is faster. My opinion 5/10, either way.

Kurash
i could easily see GLs winnin a few battles against the mystics if they get no prep, cuase they are definately prep heavy (not to say they arent strong without it). Uhh, guy gardener is awful, so id say the mystics would still win the majority

"V"
Originally posted by Starhawk
Strange at full power does this on his own.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Nao roll eyes (sarcastic)

Magics edge it 6/10

derrick666
Go team Spell-caster's!!!

TricksterPriest
Omg, what is this? Look, for the love of god, do not give team spell-caster Dr. Strange. Give them Etrigan, or Felix Faust, or someone else, ANYONE BUT Strange. Strange can solo the other team. He is practically undefeatable even if both teams combined just to get him. Anyone arguing the lanterns have a chance need to see Strange stalemating the IG, stopping time, planet-busting, etc. Dr. Strongbad called it first, and I suspect he's seen some of the feats in Long Pig's respect thread. Spellcaster 1,000/10

derrick666
Oh my! sad

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Omg, what is this? Look, for the love of god, do not give team spell-caster Dr. Strange. Give them Etrigan, or Felix Faust, or someone else, ANYONE BUT Strange. Strange can solo the other team. He is practically undefeatable even if both teams combined just to get him. Anyone arguing the lanterns have a chance need to see Strange stalemating the IG, stopping time, planet-busting, etc. Dr. Strongbad called it first, and I suspect he's seen some of the feats in Long Pig's respect thread. Spellcaster 1,000/10

awww

strange is overrated

big grin

TricksterPriest
no uh uh. If anything, I was underrating him. The thread is good, but don't use Dr. Strange. He really is that damn good.

supremthor
isnt current kyle ion... doesnt he have both the star heart n the power of oai

King Kandy
Strange didn't stalemate the IG...

He momentarily stalemated ONE GEM, and even then knew he couldn't keep it up much longer...

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Thanks for the props and the shout out. smile

If you read the bios and the feats, team spell caster takes it easy.

guy222
TSC FTW

jrodslam
Spell casters take a healthy majority. Mainly because Fate and Zee knows the Lanterns so well.

occultdestroyer
Dr. Strange is TOO strong.

Maybe you should've put The Phantom Stranger or Spectre instead
shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.