Hulk and Thing VS S.H.I.E.L.D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
The Hulk and Thing have gone berzerk under the influence of Mephisto's magic. They have been ordered to penetrate S.H.I.E.L.D and retrieve a destructive weapon that can be used to take over the world. Can S.H.I.E.L.D stop them?

Howard_Jones
Yes. And they take the time to rip Maria Hill in half along the way.

python99
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Yes. And they take the time to rip Maria Hill in half along the way.

ok anyone else?

DigiMark007
SHIELD wins. Thing's only so strong, and Hulk's traditional kryptonite has been some form of gas (usually sleeping gas).

python99
Originally posted by DigiMark007
SHIELD wins. Thing's only so strong, and Hulk's traditional kryptonite has been some form of gas (usually sleeping gas).

I though Hulk was immune to sleeping gases

DigiMark007
Dunno. But I've seen at least 2-3 scans where it acts as a weakness for him.

But Hulk writers are notoriously inconsistent (like the "Can he survive in space?" argument where we had on-panel evidence of both "yes" and "no"wink. So who knows.

But right now everyone who's registered is technically working for SHIELD. So the available super-person roster is pretty damn powerful. The duo still bites it.

Accel
Originally posted by python99
I though Hulk was immune to sleeping gases
Nah. Most times he's been gassed, he's been knocked out. It's basically like Wonder Woman being taken out by a bullet to the head- the weakness doesn't make much sense, but it's there.

python99
Does anyone think they can get in S.H.E.I.L.D? Or they get stopped before they get inside?

Grimm22
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Dunno. But I've seen at least 2-3 scans where it acts as a weakness for him.

But Hulk writers are notoriously inconsistent (like the "Can he survive in space?" argument where we had on-panel evidence of both "yes" and "no"wink. So who knows.

But right now everyone who's registered is technically working for SHIELD. So the available super-person roster is pretty damn powerful. The duo still bites it.

It's not as much Thing's strength as it is SHEILD's power

Nick Fury already has an Anti-Thing gun, which killed Ben before, don't see why it wouldn't work again

Accel
Anti-Thing gun. laughing out loud

python99
Originally posted by Grimm22
It's not as much Thing's strength as it is SHEILD's power

Nick Fury already has an Anti-Thing gun, which killed Ben before, don't see why it wouldn't work again

S.H.E.I.L.D is always prepared huh? This is a no prep scenario, S.H.I.E.L.D has no idea of an attack

python99
keep 'em comin'

ExtraMision5555
Actually, thats a good point. Due to the nature of shields rescources and the nature of hulks "weaknesses"

i could see Thing lasting longer than hulk actually.

And if things the only one around, the duo definately loses

python99
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Actually, thats a good point. Due to the nature of shields rescources and the nature of hulks "weaknesses"

i could see Thing lasting longer than hulk actually.

And if things the only one around, the duo definately loses

good point

H. S. 6
SHIELD puts them down hard.

python99
Originally posted by H. S. 6
SHIELD puts them down hard.

is it that easy

don't shiv
no.

Mephisto's Voodoo will cloak them from the minds on the Shield Helicarrier and provide immunity from airbourne viral contaminants, sleeping gas ...
Fury's Thing Doohicky is pretty useless when u can't identify a cloaked target wearing a magically enhanced aura for extra security.
And Mephisto will port them in and out. This cuts the odds of capture down immensely

I'm convinced this excercise is a game for Mephisto or an elaborate Ruse since Mephisto can rather easily "stop time" and waltz in and out of Shield in one millionth of a nanosecond with the Prototype.

python99
Originally posted by don't shiv
no.

Mephisto's Voodoo will cloak them from the minds on the Shield Helicarrier and provide immunity from airbourne viral contaminants, sleeping gas ...
Fury's Thing Doohicky is pretty useless when u can't identify a cloaked target wearing a magically enhanced aura for extra security.
And Mephisto will port them in and out. This cuts the odds of capture down immensely

I'm convinced this excercise is a game for Mephisto or an elaborate Ruse since Mephisto can rather easily "stop time" and waltz in and out of Shield in one millionth of a nanosecond with the Prototype.

Oh Mephisto could probably do it on his own, but now he has heroes destroying heroes and in his eyes he sees this as just a game. I think the Hulk and Thing can get inside but how long can they last before they get they find what they are looking for?

Soljer
I'm disappointed...

I was really hoping and expecting to see DevilHulk in this thread. sad.

python99
Originally posted by Soljer
I'm disappointed...

I was really hoping and expecting to see DevilHulk in this thread. sad.

sorry man embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.