Jesse Custer Vs ….

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThePittman

golem370
Living Tribunal?

Starhawk
Spectre would prolly give him the finger too.

golem370
Death TOAA Great Evil Beast Beyonder

ThePittman

grey fox
Originally posted by golem370
Living Tribunal?

No

Originally posted by Starhawk
Spectre would prolly give him the finger too.

Wrong

Originally posted by golem370
Death TOAA Great Evil Beast Beyonder

INCORRECT !

Bentley
Custer's word is stronger than the creator of his universe, and during the comic run it only gets stronger. The whole idea of it is that can surpass the omnipotent being, almost by definition runs through anyone you can think of.

HOWEVER, the word is often displayed as not affecting people who cant understand what Custer says, which means that anyone who doesnt speak english is safe. This doesnt work for LT because he is omniscient and he cannot be "not-omniscient-just-because-it-doesnt-work-for-me-now", otherwise he couldnt be fully omniscient. Or I least I think so. The point is, if they can understand what Custer say, they will obey.

Lucid Lui
Great series Preacher.

Still, there's nothing to suggest that the "Preacher verse" is as strong as the regular DC or Marvel verses. For instance, somone like Silver Surfer could easily be a god in the Preacher verse, whereas in the MU he's low on th cosmic scale.

Endless Mike
Preacherverse God made Jesse's family immune to the Word.... and later removed it from him.

Also anyone who can simply kill him faster than he can speak will beat him.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Great series Preacher.

Still, there's nothing to suggest that the "Preacher verse" is as strong as the regular DC or Marvel verses. For instance, somone like Silver Surfer could easily be a god in the Preacher verse, whereas in the MU he's low on th cosmic scale.

Yeah, it was a good series. Can't wait for the TV series. Should hopefully be just as good.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

There is nothing that suggests the opposite, I'm assuming the god of Preacher is omnipotent (in his chair) as absolute gods tend to be.

And I think the question here is who can resist the word, not who can beat Custer.

Bentley
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Preacherverse God made Jesse's family immune to the Word.... and later removed it from him.

During the series its hinted that those effects ended because god was no longer stronger than Genesis. It didnt stop god for blalantly prevent him from using the word when they met, I dont think he could make himself inmune.

DarkCrawler
I'm pretty sure there are pretty many people in MU/DC that can resist it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.