Ghost Rider vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Nothing is supposed to stop the Juggernaut once he sets in motion...however...could the Penance Stare do the trick? If GR's eyes locked on to Juggernaut's eyes as he was approaching...would it stop the big guy?

Sam Z
No.

Space M ummy
it might frighten him into choosing to stop, but couldn't force him to, IMHO.

Starhawk
it would prolly make cain go insane as it has to many people in the past.

guy222
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Nothing is supposed to stop the Juggernaut once he sets in motion...however...could the Penance Stare do the trick? If GR's eyes locked on to Juggernaut's eyes as he was approaching...would it stop the big guy?

kale/ketch/blaze

zarathos>juggy

Psyquis52
It's so complicated to determine a winner in these kind of things. The penance stare might work or it might be deflected due to something in the gem of Cyttorak.

guy222
Originally posted by Psyquis52
It's so complicated to determine a winner in these kind of things. The penance stare might work or it might be deflected due to something in the gem of Cyttorak.

the mystical chain

if we use zarathos don't see juggy winning

TheEvilHex
juggs runs him over.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by guy222
kale/ketch/blaze

zarathos>juggy

Zarathos < Cyttorak

See, I can do it too! smile

guy222
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Zarathos < Cyttorak

See, I can do it too! smile

cool

is cyttorak on the level of mephisto or zarathos

SpunkySmurph
Cyttorak > Zeus. no expression (Well, he's AT LEAST as good as Zeus)

guy222
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Cyttorak > Zeus. no expression (Well, he's AT LEAST as good as Zeus)

ok thanks

qqqqqqq
PS will work?

guy222
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
PS will work?

zarathos beat hulk zarathos beats cain smile

Psyquis52
If I had to bet one way or the other I'd be it doesn't work.

There's just too many variables.

id369
Well there is nothing really Juggy can do to stop GR. He will just keep reforming himself back.

Penance Stare has various results. Either way, it will affect Juggy In some way or form.

Mider999
wouldnt the gem offer him some kind of protection.

nimbus006
The penance stare works on people alot less evil than Juggernaut. Why wouldn't it work on someone who has done many many terrible things in his life time such as Cain?

Not only do i believe Penance stare would work on Juggs, but that Hellfire will as well. Hellfire is not purely physical which Juggernaut could resist. It burns the soul which in my opinion would have a negative effect on Cain.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mider999
wouldnt the gem offer him some kind of protection.

The gem only grants Juggernaut invulnerability to physical harm. It does not protect Cain's soul.

Newjak
Originally posted by nimbus006
The penance stare works on people alot less evil than Juggernaut. Why wouldn't it work on someone who has done many many terrible things in his life time such as Cain?

Not only do i believe Penance stare would work on Juggs, but that Hellfire will as well. Hellfire is not purely physical which Juggernaut could resist. It burns the soul which in my opinion would have a negative effect on Cain. It's hard to say cain has also taken pretty good atacks that are none physical in nature and survived.

Anyways as for the Penance Stare I say it would kind of work but to what degree unkown.

Cain already has every evil though in his head being amplified in fact it seems to full his power the more he hates the stronger he seems to get. Just look at his fight with D'Spayre.

So while it may bring forth every Evil thing Cain has done whether it would put him down or only make him angrier I think is the question.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by TheEvilHex
Juggs runs him over.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Newjak
It's hard to say cain has also taken pretty good atacks that are none physical in nature and survived.

Anyways as for the Penance Stare I say it would kind of work but to what degree unkown.

Cain already has every evil though in his head being amplified in fact it seems to full his power the more he hates the stronger he seems to get. Just look at his fight with D'Spayre.

So while it may bring forth every Evil thing Cain has done whether it would put him down or only make him angrier I think is the question.

Penance stare doesn't just bring forth every evil thing you've done. It makes you feel all the pain you've ever caused other people all at the same time. And with Cain's track record thats alot of pain.

The only question here is will Juggernaut allow GR to get close enough to use it. However, Hellfire might also be able to affect Juggs since it hits the soul and is not a physical attack.

I'll say each take 5/10.

Newjak
Penance stare doesn't just bring forth every evil thing you've done. It makes you feel all the pain you've ever caused other people all at the same time. And with Cain's track record thats alot of pain.

The only question here is will Juggernaut allow GR to get close enough to use it. However, Hellfire might also be able to affect Juggs since it hits the soul and is not a physical attack.

I'll say each take 5/10. Cain doesn't feel pain
stick out tongue

It may work but it isn't absolutely guaranteed that it will effect Cain enough

nimbus006
Originally posted by Newjak
Cain doesn't feel pain
stick out tongue

It may work but it isn't absolutely guaranteed that it will effect Cain enough

HAHA! Your right he doesn't feel pain... at least not physically. However, look at what he just went through in New Excalibur. He told Cyttorak he didn't want to keep doing all the things he's done in the past, which is why he didn't kill the new Juggernaut/samurai thing. So at least we know he has a conscience. And if he has a conscience and knows whats right and wrong, then he will be effected by the penance stare. Now more than ever it will effect him since he is feeling guilty for what he is doing.

Newjak
HAHA! Your right he doesn't feel pain... at least not physically. However, look at what he just went through in New Excalibur. He told Cyttorak he didn't want to keep doing all the things he's done in the past, which is why he didn't kill the new Juggernaut/samurai thing. So at least we know he has a conscience. And if he has a conscience and knows whats right and wrong, then he will be effected by the penance stare. Now more than ever it will effect him since he is feeling guilty for what he is doing. Oh yeah Curreny juggs goes down no problems from the PS

LORDSIDIOUS01
If its Nic Cage he beats him down.

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
If its Nic Cage he beats him down.

yes

KillAll

yes, cain has done a LOT in the past. but i also believe it depends souly on if the penance stare is MAGICAL, or MENTAL in nature. if its mental the helmet has to come off, and juggernaut wins 10/10. if its magical it could very well be the other way around...

I'll say each take 5/10.

even if juggernaut does feel the hellfire, i doubt it will do much. he will only get angry. i think this fight depends souly (no pun in intended) on the panance stare and its nature.

However, look at what he just went through in New Excalibur. He told Cyttorak he didn't want to keep doing all the things he's done in the past, which is why he didn't kill the new Juggernaut/samurai thing.

actually in issue 2 of the arch you see juggernaut try to grab the gem. but a crimson field stops him. the samurai guy touched the gem and challenged cain for mantle of the juggernaut. 1 gets death the other the power of the juggernaut. in order for cain to touch the gem he had to kill the guy. in the end of issue 3 he is holding the gem with a cloth between his hand and it. he DID kill the guy.

id369
Funny match.

Some One who cant be stopped vs. some one who cant be killed.

YFZ 350
If the stare will work on Juggy I'll go with him. If not it's more of a stalemate.

Mider999
i dont think its a stalemate, juggernaut will end up dropping a building on ghost rider

guy222
Originally posted by Mider999
i dont think its a stalemate, juggernaut will end up dropping a building on ghost rider

giving ghostie the majority

juggernaut74
I don't even know if the stare would work. But if it does GR will win. If not then Juggy will win.

guy222
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I don't even know if the stare would work. But if it does GR will win. If not then Juggy will win.

that sounds fair

juggernaut74
But the penance stare in my opinion is a form of telepathy so I'm gonna guess it won't work if Juggy has his helmet on.

nimbus006
Originally posted by KillAll
yes, cain has done a LOT in the past. but i also believe it depends souly on if the penance stare is MAGICAL, or MENTAL in nature. if its mental the helmet has to come off, and juggernaut wins 10/10. if its magical it could very well be the other way around...

even if juggernaut does feel the hellfire, i doubt it will do much. he will only get angry. i think this fight depends souly (no pun in intended) on the panance stare and its nature

actually in issue 2 of the arch you see juggernaut try to grab the gem. but a crimson field stops him. the samurai guy touched the gem and challenged cain for mantle of the juggernaut. 1 gets death the other the power of the juggernaut. in order for cain to touch the gem he had to kill the guy. in the end of issue 3 he is holding the gem with a cloth between his hand and it. he DID kill the guy.

1. The Penance stare is a form of dark magic you could say. It definately not mental since it hurts the soul not the mind.

2. Hellfire has affected beings like Strange, Mephisto, and Black Heart im pretty sure it will do some damage to Juggernaut.

3. Yea i think your right, at first he refuses to kill him, but then thats why hell tells Nocturne to leave right? Because he had to kill the other Juggs, and i guess didn't want her to see it. But it definetely wasn't shown on panel, they kinda made it implied.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.