Dying Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Skunkette Love
There once was a girl, unknown to all people. She watched them walk and talk all day, most of them in armor and peasent clothes. She looked over to see a young boy, around her age, only thirteen. Hey eyes lit up and her heart pounded as she watched him. He was laughing and smiling.

The girl walked from behind the shadows, her clothes tathered and made of mere cloth. She knew no words, but was compelled to try to talk to the boy.

The boy noticed her and frowned, making her heart stop. She froze, thinking she had done something wrong.

The boy walked to her, "What's your name, and why such raggedy clothes?" he asked souding full of pity.

The girl merely looked at the ground, her face red and kicked at the ground with her bare feet. She eventually looked up at him and opened her mouth, but nothing came out, only a dry 'yuh'.

The boy put his hand on the girl's shoulder and began to lead her to his home. His plans on getting her clothing and food.

The girl merely let him push her into the large stone house. a fireplace warming her instantly. "w-- wuh..." she tried speaking again. Wanting so baddly to talk to him.

The boy sighed as he walked into another room, leaving her infront of the fire, which she greatly appriciated.

After a couple of minutes infront of the fire, the boy returned with some clothes for her. He held them out to her, and she looked at them and looked back at him with a puzzled look.

"... Mother!" He called out and a young woman, around twenty-seven walked into the room and looked at the girl and then back to her son. She merely chuckled, "Why Cid, dear.. have you made a new friend all ready..?"

"I'm not sure, mother.. She hasn't said anything.. and She looks... like she hasn't been around people." The boy explained. The girl only looked at them both with her puzzled look.

Cid held out the clothes he had gotten for the girl to his mother, "Please get her to put these on.. Her clothing is most unhealthy for her."

The mother smiled a bit, "Your sister's old clothes, hmm..?" She questioned before taking the clothes from him and ushered him out of the room. "Okay young lady.. Let's get you out of those clothes, okay?"

The girl had no idea what she was saying, so she just stared at the woman.

"Okay... I guess I have to do it for you.." She said and kneeled down infront of the little girl and removed her shirt, and replaced it with the much cleaner shirt, then her pants and replaced them with cleaner pants.

The girl looked over herself and smiled gratefully at the woman. She stood there, looking at the woman, waiting for her to do something.

"There.. That must feel better.. What's your name, young one?" Cid's mother asked, and the girl didn't reply, just looked at the wooden floor, a hint of sadness.

The older woman frowned and placed a hand on the young girls chin, and lifted her face to look at her, "Can't you speak?" She asked.

THe girl simply moved her eyes from the woman and looked at the wall.

Cid walked in the door, knowing ten minutes would have been enough and looked at them, "Has she said anything yet?" He asked curiously, walking over to them and sat on the floor.

The mother shook her head, "I don't think she can speak... Perhaps she's been a street rat all her life.."

Cid shook his head, "Mother.. That's a very rude word.." he said, acting as the girl's defense, "Insulting someone who has no idea what you're saying is horrible!"

The mother chuckled, "I didn't mean it that way, love... Let's have something to eat, then off to bed with you, Cid." She said, "Would you like something to eat, dear..?" She asked, momentarilly forgetting the girl did not understand. "Oh.. of course you would!"

Many days went by, and days to weeks, weeks to months, and months to years. The girl, who had been named Eliza by Cid's mother had learned to speak. She was a very polite girl, but always seemed to stay around Cid. Always by his cid no matter what, and no one seemed to have noticed it. Three years since she was found by Cid, She began to like him more and more with each passing day. The mother had grown ill, and she had passed away just before Eliza's sixteenth birthday.

Cid sat no the chair infront of the fire place. Winter had fallen over the land. He drank hot tea slowly, with Eliza looking at him, a small blush on her face. "Cid..." She spoke up through the quiet, "Do you like any girls?"

Cid was a bit taken back but shook his head and smiled, "No, why do you ask..?"

Eliza smiled a bit more, "Just wondering..." she replied and stood up and walked off into the other room. 'He's likemy brother... and yet I love him as a lover.. I wonder how he feels about me...' she thought to herself saddly, but her thoughts were broken by a loud coughing noise.

Eliza walked into the other room to see cid coughing as if he had a cold. "Cid, are you alright..?" she asked.

Cid continued coughing maddly and took a deep breath, overiding the coughing fit. ".. I'm fine Eliza.. Don't worry about it.."

Eliza wasn't convinced. She walked over to him and put her hand on his forhead, ".. Oh my goodness, you're burning up!" Eliza said, her voice full of worry.

Cid shook his head, "I guess i should go lay down, huh?" He said, and didn't wait for an answer before walking into his room and laying on the bed.

Eliza frowned, "I thought i saw him talking to the village medicinal guys..." She said to herself. "Cid.. I'm going to go get some medicine for you... I promise I'll be back as soon as I can!" She called to him. She walked out the door.

Cid sighed, "Okay..." He said and slowly drifted to sleep.

The young girl left her town on her own, walking many miles. After three months, still nothing from her. Another month past and she finally returned.

Eliza rushed into her love's house, carrying herbs, "Cid, I'm sorry I'm ba..." She looked around the house and no one was there. She had no clue how long she was gone. She looked over at the table, seeing a folded up letter, dated four months ago.

"Eliza... I've always loved you.. I know by the time you get this letter... I'll be gone. So I guess I had better say it.. Three years ago, You were a girl who lived on the streets, knew no words, and wore tathered clothes. I thought you were beautiful.. Even at my age I never under stood love until I heard your voice for the first time.. I wish I could tell you this in person but.. You may already be dead.."

Eliza dropped the letter and ran into Cid's room. The bed was empty. Eliza said nothing as she walked to the bed and picked up another letter.

"Even in death.. I'll always love you."

Eliza sat the hebs on the desk and sat on the chair next to the bed, staring at the empty sheets.

She couldn't cry; she was in shock. She felt a cold hand on her shoulder and turned, thinking it was Cid, but no one was there. Her mind was playing tricks on her. Her only hopes of her love was gone, and she never got to tell him her love.

She turned back to the bed and simply stared at it.

(To be continued)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.