Ultimator versus Multi-Eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos_THOTU
Ultimator

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9248/mxypage04nf0no4.jpghttp://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2051/mxypage06tt1lk8.jpg

(Scan's by Galant777)

Versus

Multi-Eternity

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4778/multieternity16doft6.jpg

(Scan by Mr Master)

Just learned about Ultimator, and he seems to be the same as Multi-Eternity, the embodiment of everythingness.

Well, how will this fare?

Soljer
Ermm....

Aren't those the ONLY showings of the Ultimator? And wasn't that Mxy (not the most reliable source) talking?

erm.

Thanos_THOTU
I'm not sure if they are, in fact I don't even know Ultimator.
But then again, there were just a few showings (in the Abraxas arch) of Multi-Eternity.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Ermm....

Aren't those the ONLY showings of the Ultimator? And wasn't that Mxy (not the most reliable source) talking?

erm.

If you knew ANYTHING about DC, you would know this was all part of a DC event. Every Book was cannon and was puposely made to show the power of thier villians. Thanks. It's cannon. and True. Mxy does not lie unless it's in a gag. It's written into his character.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
If you knew ANYTHING about DC, you would know this was all part of a DC event. Every Book was cannon and was puposely made to show the power of thier villians. Thanks. It's cannon. and True. Mxy does not lie unless it's in a gag. It's written into his character. I think what he was trying to say is that thre isnt enough evidence at panel to declear the winner.

But they seem to be the same, no?

BtW you should have waited with the voting.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
I think what he was trying to say is that thre isnt enough evidence at panel to declear the winner.

But they seem to be the same, no?

BtW you should have waited with the voting.

The Ultimator seems to destroy other realities where Multi Eternity seems more nicer. It would be like Galactus vs. Hyperstorm. forver and ever with the Ultimator being the aggressor.

celestialdemon
No way to tell. Ultimator only has one showing and Multi-Eternity has no feats.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by celestialdemon
No way to tell. Ultimator only has one showing and Multi-Eternity has no feats.

Niether of them need any feats. Multi-Eternity is the embodiement of the Multiverse. He doesn't have to do one thing to prove his power. He is simply power. And The ultimator is the Embodiment of the 10th Dimension. He's thier Eternity. And since thier Dimension is far far superior to the 5ths and the 5ths is far superior to the 3rd(ours), it would seem the ultimator is equal to or superior to the Multi-eternity.

The only differnce in the ultimator is that he more likely represents the omniverse. His description of himself and what would happen makes it seem as if his destruction is the destruction of everything. Where Multi Eternity could be destroyed and marvel would go on. Since There are many multi-eternities that make up the cosmic vortex of marvel's Omniverse.

celestialdemon
How was Ultimator stopped?

Thanos_THOTU
Niether of them need any feats. Multi-Eternity is the embodiement of the Multiverse. He doesn't have to do one thing to prove his power. He is simply power. And The ultimator is the Embodiment of the 10th Dimension. He's thier Eternity. And since thier Dimension is far far superior to the 5ths and the 5ths is far superior to the 3rd(ours), it would seem the ultimator is equal to or superior to the Multi-eternity.

The only differnce in the ultimator is that he more likely represents the omniverse. His description of himself and what would happen makes it seem as if his destruction is the destruction of everything. Where Multi Eternity could be destroyed and marvel would go on. Since There are many multi-eternities that make up the cosmic vortex of marvel's Omniverse.
Ehh ... 1 dimension = 1 universe.
10th is the supreme, so he rules all the dimensions in the Multi-verse.
Don't be fooled by the dub omni-verse, the multi-verse is the same.

BtW: DC don't have a own omni-verse.

Hierarchy would go something like this:
0. External Forces - Pre-retcon Blue Brother
1. Presence - GEB
2. Lucifer
3. Michael
4. Spectre (power varies)
5. 10th dimentional Imp's
ect.

Marvel:
0. The one above all - Pre-retcon Red Brother
1. Pre-recon Beyonder
2. Pre-retcon Molecule man
3. Living Tribunal
4. Ultimate Nullifier
5. Multi-Eternity/-Infinity

I wouldent put the Heart of the Universe in it because Thanos only destroyed and re-created one universe with it.
Magus with the Infinity Gauntlet just affected the 616-reality and one he created with the Gauntlet.
And when he absorbed the blast Quasar with the Nullifier fierd at him Quasar said:
If I miss the entire universe might flush down the tube.
So he fired a universal blast.

It was later in the Abraxas arc it was stated that it could destroy the Multi-verse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ehh ... 1 dimension = 1 universe.
10th is the supreme, so he rules all the dimensions in the Multi-verse.
Don't be fooled by the dub omni-verse, the multi-verse is the same.

BtW: DC don't have a own omni-verse.

Hierarchy would go something like this:
0. External Forces - Pre-retcon Blue Brother
1. Presence - GEB
2. Lucifer
3. Michael
4. Spectre (power varies)
5. 10th dimentional Imp's
ect.

Marvel:
0. The one above all - Pre-retcon Red Brother
1. Pre-recon Beyonder
2. Pre-retcon Molecule man
3. Living Tribunal
4. Ultimate Nullifier
5. Multi-Eternity/-Infinity

I wouldent put the Heart of the Universe in it because Thanos only destroyed and re-created one universe with it.
Magus with the Infinity Gauntlet just affected the 616-reality and one he created with the Gauntlet.
And when he absorbed the blast Quasar with the Nullifier fierd at him Quasar said:
If I miss the entire universe might flush down the tube.
So he fired a universal blast.

It was later in the Abraxas arc it was stated that it could destroy the Multi-verse.

I did a complete hierachy of the DCU. check it out

The Presence
GEB
The Source(as it is God's power it powers everything in the DCU)
The Word
Micheal(God's power in Vertigo equal to the source)
Lucifer(God's Will-Equal to Michael)
The Spectre(The Wrath of God the most powerful in the main DCU)
The Metatron
The Ultimator ( The end of everything should he die)
Krona( strong enough to over come powers like the Oan battery and the IG)
Mr. Mxy
Batmite
The Anti Monitor and Later Alexandor Luthor with AM's power added
Imperiex
Kismet
Ion 2(who has all the power of Parallax and then some)
Dominus
The Quantum Mechanics
Infinite Man
The Grandmother Box
The Anti-life
S'ivaa the Destoyer
The Endless
Extant
The Black Racer
The Worlogog
The God Wave
Darksied
Takion
Trigon
High Father
The Phantom Stranger
Ganthet
Thunderbolt
Nabu-Mordru
Shazam
Zeus
Superman Prime
FireStorm Elemental
Auron
Infinity Man
The Top tier Gl's

Thanos_THOTU
Forgot the external forces ...

The Presence and the Beast are equal's, they are one and the same.

Thought Lucifer was second to the Presence, why Michael?

Metatron? - Can link some fact's?

... Don't state such things, the gauntlet have no place in DC, it's no point in basing something on speculations.

Werent the Anti-Monitor a Multi-versal threat, wouldent he be about Ultimator's level, since if he destroyed the Multi-verse Ultimator would die: To destroy me you have to destroy every universe in all times.

Seems ok ...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Forgot the external forces ...

The Presence and the Beast are equal's, they are one and the same.

In the main DCU, The presence is supreme, So I put Geb lower trying to compensate for the different God's of each universe.

Thought Lucifer was second to the Presence, why Michael?
Michael is like the Heart of the universe. He's God's power.

Metatron? - Can link some fact's?
He's the voice of God.

... Don't state such things, the gauntlet have no place in DC, it's no point in basing something on speculations.
I'm going off of JLAvengers in some cases as it was cannon for both for a while and still is cannon for DC.

Werent the Anti-Monitor a Multi-versal threat, wouldent he be about Ultimator's level, since if he destroyed the Multi-verse Ultimator would die: To destroy me you have to destroy every universe in all times.

The AntiMonitor was destroying everything and every universe in the 3rd dimension. The imps weren't effected at all and the Ultimator is very far removed from the 3rd dimension.

Seems ok ...

Thanos_THOTU
In the main DCU, The presence is supreme, So I put Geb lower trying to compensate for the different God's of each universe.

But they should be equal.

Hmm, guess it was only the intellect ...

"canon", not "cannon", all crossovers were non canon.

Hmm seem right, I would still put Ultimator equal to the Multi-Eternity though. Since their both all that is/was and will be.

Thanos_THOTU
But then again, if Ultimator succeded in absorbing all the dimension's then it would be non canon since the DCU still exists.

If he didn't succed, he would have to be stoped, so who stoped him?

nvrbeenwthagirl
But then again, if Ultimator succeded in absorbing all the dimension's then it would be non canon since the DCU still exists.

If he didn't succed, he would have to be stoped, so who stoped him?

I dont' remember what stopped him. He was stopped or he stopped himself. I have to dig thru my books and see why he stopped.

guy222
Ultimator

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9248/mxypage04nf0no4.jpghttp://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2051/mxypage06tt1lk8.jpg

(Scan's by Galant777)

Versus

Multi-Eternity

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4778/multieternity16doft6.jpg

(Scan by Mr Master)

Just learned about Ultimator, and he seems to be the same as Multi-Eternity, the embodiment of everythingness.

Well, how will this fare?

multi so big smokin'

Galan007
Meh,

If Mxy could outsmart Ultimator to beat him, then I'd be fairly confident to say that Multi-Eternity could do the same.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh,

If Mxy could outsmart Ultimator to beat him, then I'd be fairly confident to say that Multi-Eternity could do the same.

The point with Mxy "beating" the Ultimator was that Mxy found Morbious to be so boring that Morbius bored Ulty to sleep. There was no physical way to beat Ulty as even the combined might of the 5D imps were nothing. Mxy has the power to wipe clean beings like Multi Eternity and yet his power was nothing compared to Ulti's. Ultimator not only consumed entire realities, But Higher tier realities where more powerful beings resided. Multi-Eternity wouldn't think like Mxy and therefor wouldn't win in the same fashion.

Galan007
The point with Mxy "beating" the Ultimator was that Mxy found Morbious to be so boring that Morbius bored Ulty to sleep. There was no physical way to beat Ulty as even the combined might of the 5D imps were nothing. Mxy has the power to wipe clean beings like Multi Eternity and yet his power was nothing compared to Ulti's. Ultimator not only consumed entire realities, But Higher tier realities where more powerful beings resided. Multi-Eternity wouldn't think like Mxy and therefor wouldn't win in the same fashion. Mxy's claim alone wasn't enough for me to even once think that the story he told Supes about Ultimator was even real. It more then likely way a ruse to make Supes think he was a hero.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Mxy's claim alone wasn't enough for me to even once think that the story he told Supes about Ultimator was even real. It more then likely way a ruse to make Supes think he was a hero.

Mxy has never been shown to lie in comics unless for the purpose of the gag. He has always been held to telling the truth. That is a basic fundemental part of his character.

Galan007
Mxy has never been shown to lie in comics unless for the purpose of the gag. He has always been held to telling the truth. That is a basic fundemental part of his character. So Mxy in ALL of his appearences has NEVER once exaggerated?

That's not really a question, becuase I know he has. IMO that's what Mxy was doing when he told Supes that story. He may not have been lying per say, but I think he was exaggerating to make himself look better in front of Supes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So Mxy in ALL of his appearences has NEVER once exaggerated?

That's not really a question, becuase I know he has. IMO that's what Mxy was doing when he told Supes that story. He may not have been lying per say, but I think he was exaggerating to make himself look better in front of Supes.

Mxy is probably the most powerful being or one of in DC comics. I dont' see a need for him to lie to Superman. I think that all of his stories are so humor filled that we have to take it as face value. If we can't take the word of villians on panel str8 up, unless it's implied or stated that they were lying, then alot of feats or back story about villians wouldn't be able to stand up.

Galan007
Mxy is probably the most powerful being or one of in DC comics. I dont' see a need for him to lie to Superman. I think that all of his stories are so humor filled that we have to take it as face value. If we can't take the word of villians on panel str8 up, unless it's implied or stated that they were lying, then alot of feats or back story about villians wouldn't be able to stand up. But how many canonical comics are there that feature a character that exaggerates as much as Mxy, telling a story about what they did, without previous comics to back up that claim? Would you believe those comics?

I'm not saying that Mxy is a lier, but he has exaggerated the truth to Supes before, because he wants Supes to think highly of him. IMO that's what was going on here.

Alfheim
Is the Ultimator DC......

Galan007
Originally posted by Alfheim
Is the Ultimator DC...... yes

Alfheim
yes

I knew it, it looks dumb....and those other...things.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But how many canonical comics are there that feature a character that exaggerates as much as Mxy, telling a story about what they did, without previous comics to back up that claim? Would you believe those comics?

I'm not saying that Mxy is a lier, but he has exaggerated the truth to Supes before, because he wants Supes to think highly of him. IMO that's what was going on here.

If he wanted Supers to think highly of him, why not just tell supers that he outright beat the Ultimator with his Omnipotent powers? He basically told Superman that the Ultimator Bitched him.

Galan007
If he wanted Supers to think highly of him, why not just tell supers that he outright beat the Ultimator with his Omnipotent powers? He basically told Superman that the Ultimator Bitched him. Maybe because he wanted Supes to think that he outwitted an opponent.... Who knows?

It's just hard to believe that particular comic was 100% factual, especially when Mxy himself is the one who was telling it.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Alfheim
I knew it, it looks dumb....and those other...things.

Sorry that was probably quite an annoying thing to say.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Maybe because he wanted Supes to think that he outwitted an opponent.... Who knows?

It's just hard to believe that particular comic was 100% factual, especially when Mxy himself is the one who was telling it.

YEt, the entire New Year's Evil series was cannon. Every book from the series. What would make Mxy's non Factual and the others factual?

Galan007
What would make Mxy's non Factual and the others factual? The fact that his own personal story was the only appearence of a 10d Imp. The fact that Mxy was the one telling the story (and he has been known to exaggerate the truth), the fact that an all-powerful being was beaten by placing him in a comic that Mxy (who is supposedly much weaker then Ultimator) made himself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The fact that his own personal story was the only appearence of a 10d Imp. The fact that Mxy was the one telling the story (and he has been known to exaggerate the truth), the fact that an all-powerful being was beaten by placing him in a comic that Mxy (who is supposedly much weaker then Ultimator) made himself.

Mxy didn't actually beat the Ultimator. And many powerful beings have been contained. We also have to realize that DC makes rediculous cosmic beings all the time and let's them fall by the wayside never to be heard from again. Unless the comic is stated to be non cannon, it's cannon. Mxy has never been shown to lie. The times when he lied, it was part of his joke against Superman and he even stated that he lied.

Galan007
Mxy didn't actually beat the Ultimator. And many powerful beings have been contained. We also have to realize that DC makes rediculous cosmic beings all the time and let's them fall by the wayside never to be heard from again. Unless the comic is stated to be non cannon, it's cannon. Mxy has never been shown to lie. The times when he lied, it was part of his joke against Superman and he even stated that he lied. Mxy left before he would have had the chance to reveal a lie, because Supes acted like he was asleep. And since Mxy had no one to impress, he left.

Supes even said "that works every time"

Which leads me to believe that Mxy is constantly telling over the top stories, to try and impress Supes.

Believe what you want, but I hardly believe that Mxy's personal story can be taken as fact.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Mxy left before he would have had the chance to reveal a lie, because Supes acted like he was asleep. And since Mxy had no one to impress, he left.

Supes even said "that works every time"

Which leads me to believe that Mxy is constantly telling over the top stories, to try and impress Supes.

Believe what you want, but I hardly believe that Mxy's personal story can be taken as fact.

Mxy has no reason to lie, Every Single other New Year's Evil book was cannon. Thus History backs up my summation. You are goign purely off of your own reasoning, I'm going off of the fact that all the books are cannon AND Mxy is never shown to be a liar. The Story even shows how his much vaunted power was nothing to the Ultimator. Mxy wouldn't lie about how his powers were as effective as throwing a rock at a tank. It's completely unfair to the character to just assume he's lying when there is no indication that he was. He may have been trying to impress supers with his story becuz it actually happened. Unless other wise stated, we have to take the comic at face value or we run the risk of subjecting every off panel fight, every back story, and every monologue to out own reasoning.

Galan007
Mxy has no reason to lie, Every Single other New Year's Evil book was cannon. Thus History backs up my summation. You are goign purely off of your own reasoning, I'm going off of the fact that all the books are cannon AND Mxy is never shown to be a liar. The Story even shows how his much vaunted power was nothing to the Ultimator. Mxy wouldn't lie about how his powers were as effective as throwing a rock at a tank. It's completely unfair to the character to just assume he's lying when there is no indication that he was. He may have been trying to impress supers with his story becuz it actually happened. Unless other wise stated, we have to take the comic at face value or we run the risk of subjecting every off panel fight, every back story, and every monologue. ALL of that is your opinion as well. I am no more wrong saying that Mxy's word can't be taken as fact, then you saying it can be.

My logic is simply that Mxy has exaggerated situations in the past, and Superman even said that acting like you fell asleep while Mxy was talking works every time if you want him to shut up and go away.

This leads me to believe Mxy constantly tells whacky storys to Superman (who obviously cares less, because he knows how Mxy is).

nvrbeenwthagirl
ALL of that is your opinion as well. I am no more wrong saying that Mxy's word can't be taken as fact, then you saying it can be.

My logic is simply that Mxy has exaggerated situations in the past, and Superman even said that acting like you fell asleep while Mxy was talking works every time if you want him to shut up and go away.

This leads me to believe Mxy constantly tells whacky storys to Superman (who obviously cares less, because he knows how Mxy is).

To a being of such vast power like mxy, If mxy told Superman he wiped out the DCu multiverse, When superman doesn't even know a multiverse existed, and then wiped out an alternate future and a universe called DCU animated, it would seem wacky to Superman as well. But it happened. Thus Mxy's stories would all seem wacky to a being as small as Superman is compared to Mxy. Given the Character's power lvl, History of NOT lying, and the fact that ALL the New Year's evil books are Cannon, My opinion is backed up by history and the fact that the book never said or even implied that the story wasn't true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.