Official AWE Poster!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PirateDiva
I Think its something we've all seen already but this is the New Official Poster of AWE!!! YAY!!
HOW EXCITING!

Mistypirate
OMG I love it, where did you get.it?

PirateDiva
i got it at a johnny website....ohjohnny.net

disjointed
Why does this movie seem to have an asian influence? Is it because Asia wasn't on the map back then?

I feel like such a n00b here.

Mistypirate
You know, I really dont know? That is a good question. smile
Dont feel like that, you are very much welcome here.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
i got it at a johnny website....ohjohnny.net

Piratediva lets try to decipher what those Chinese letters mean big grin It probably give us the ending roll eyes (sarcastic)

PirateDiva
Well because i think in AWE the characters go into uncharted territories! so ya i think ur right!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Piratediva lets try to decipher what those Chinese letters mean big grin It probably give us the ending roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ya anyone know how to read chinese, or japanese or whatever language that is? lol

CaptinJackLover
can i be truthful? ...i honestly dont really like thw poster that much...i dont know what it is about it but i jsut dont rele like it

PirateDiva
I think its pretty cool.....but i made a mistake it's the first official Teaser poster...if that makes sense...lol...but hey still something!!!

katelovespirate
its freaking sweet. thanks so much!

quick analyzation--- everyone look up stuff about the red background, and what those asian characters mean. pronto!!

tee_pirategirl
*clears throat* I want to bring your attention to the fact that if you look closely the skeleton has dangling beads and a parted dangling beard just like jack obviousely sybolising jack's death and him coming back...secondly that red in asia means redemption of old ways so could that mean that jack is indeed a good man and WILL change his old ways for lizzie? ok that's looking in to deep but still...

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
*clears throat* I want to bring your attention to the fact that if you look closely the skeleton has dangling beads and a parted dangling beard just like jack obviousely sybolising jack's death and him coming back...secondly that red in asia means redemption of old ways so could that mean that jack is indeed a good man and WILL change his old ways for lizzie? ok that's looking in to deep but still...
Good point tee_pirategirl I'm going to add more on this is the symbol's thread.

Chiki Mina
I think there are still some work to be done in that poster. Theres gotta be more than one big grin

PirateDiva
I agree its barelly the first teaser poster!

Chiki Mina
in dmc they had a couple.

I bet that one of the AWE posters will have Jack in Asian clothes.

I wonder in what scene or when he will dress as an Asian.

PirateDiva
Ya Me Wonder too!

Hmmmmmmm Awwwww Mina I missed ya....i feel like i have talked to u in ages even though we were talking last night....lol! I guess i feel distant!

Chiki Mina
AWWWE DIVA big grin

I know how you feel smile

I miss everyone evaryday every min every second stick out tongue

a-k-a-amber
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=524940

heres a really nice close up look at the poster

notice the little circle at the bottom... it reminds me of a coin...

PirateDiva
seriously anyone know how to read that?

willofthewisp
Nope, don't read Chinese or whatever that would be.

Isn't red also the color of luck in China? I know for Chinese New Year kids get handed red envelopes with money and the brides wear red for luck. Luck and Jack kind of go hand in hand.

a-k-a-amber
i just emailed it to my lovely cousin who happens to know how to read stuff like that but i dont know when she will mail me back will post ASAP

evilm0nki3
its a shame this isnt japanese!

i can read some of it and know bunches of stuff about their culture

but no... its chinese...

Chiki Mina
I think its Asian, well uh Chinese. I cant read them, but I can tell the difference between Chinese writing and Japanese writing.

PirateDiva
Any breakthroughs on decoding those letters?

Mistypirate
No Luck sad

Chiki Mina
who knows, maybe it just says Pirates of the Caribbean written in Chinese. I think its no big deal.

Turbo-charged
I have a Tiawan(sp?) friend I just sent her the link!

PirateDiva
Just thought id bring this back so that u all can see the poster with the band! On the 1st page scroll all the way down to the 2nd b4 last comment to a-k-a amber....she has a link to the poster with a very large, very clear shot of the band!

Mistypirate
delete

a-k-a-amber
my cousin goes to a manga class and says it just says Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

PirateDiva
figured it me something like that!

a-k-a-amber
sorry someone else said it said unlucky jack but i dont think thats right

PirateDiva
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
sorry someone else said it said unlucky jack but i dont think thats right

Thank Goodness it doesnt say UNLUCKY JACK....that would be horrible!

Mistypirate
What's a manga class?

IheartPocky
I find it funny, if this is chinese, that it has all that in it cause I read they banned the movie in China..

PirateDiva
Really thats interesting....why?

IheartPocky
I think it was cause of davy jones. it has things they dont believe in i guess.

IheartPocky
oh okay . i googled it. heres an article about it:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1817089,00.html

PirateDiva
WOW sucks for them....i would die if they banned it from us!!! Wo thats interesting..thanks for that!!!

willofthewisp
According to a random person on joblo.com, the Chinese characters say, "Good luck, Captain Jack." Wonder what that means if it's true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.