black green lanturn vs white version

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keak da sneak
who wins and how

NiņoAraņa
who about next time...use names

John Stewert Vs. Hal Jordon for example....

anyhow.....i don't even feel like inputing...

keak da sneak
i say black guy wins

NiņoAraņa
i hate people like you.......

i really don't care if it was a joke or not no expression

Brian Oswald
this is really stupid

Faceman
Hate crime alert!

seaapple
You mean Kyle Rayner with the mostly black suit vs. Hal Jordan with the white gloves don't you.

Yes, you do.

Ok then.

Hal.

Entity
This is crap
Report!

inamilist
man......

unless this guy has pulled race shit before, it seems like you guys are reacting way too harsh

and honestly, I have no idea who wins....

nvrbeenwthagirl
He knows who the hell they are. And if he didn't it's easy to look it up on the net. This is really a dumb thread. And he's dumb for making it. ANd since there are several white versions, which one? He's just starting stuff.

inamilist
and you are joining "stuff"

all im saying is that mentioning the colour of someones skin is not all that inappropriate

you have all certainly chosen to interpret it that way, but that says much more about you than him

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by inamilist
and you are joining "stuff"

all im saying is that mentioning the colour of someones skin is not all that inappropriate

you have all certainly chosen to interpret it that way, but that says much more about you than him

OH please. it's the net. It's not like it's hard to find out thier names. And the black or white versions? Your acting like I"m the only one who saw that it was pure ignorance on his part. Ignorance is not an excuse for offending someone. Either he wanted to start shit, or he didn't take the time to do it right. Either way, it's inappropriate.

inamilist
he could have been trying to start something

by comming in here and saying "oh blah blah blah, talking about the colour of someone's skin is racist you idiot" you are joining whatever he has started

not to mention the hate directed at him is worse than describing a black person as black, or a white person as white

c'mon, what year is this?

Starhawk
Originally posted by keak da sneak
who wins and how

You are filth. To awnser your question, we win by not being small minded biggots like you.

I don't care WHAT a person's skin is or what they look like or if they are gay or straight.

They still have feelings and conciousness and they are every bit as much of a person as I am.

People like you make me want to vomit. Grow up.

Starhawk

nvrbeenwthagirl
he could have been trying to start something

by comming in here and saying "oh blah blah blah, talking about the colour of someone's skin is racist you idiot" you are joining whatever he has started

not to mention the hate directed at him is worse than describing a black person as black, or a white person as white

c'mon, what year is this?

I'm not hating anyone. All I"m saying is it's inappropriate. He could have done it better. One reason we all dont like this is becuz we all love comics. We share that in common and we dont' let stuff like this creep onto the boards. Squash it now and it won't have room to creep by back in.

inamilist
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not hating anyone. All I"m saying is it's inappropriate. He could have done it better. One reason we all dont like this is becuz we all love comics. We share that in common and we dont' let stuff like this creep onto the boards. Squash it now and it won't have room to creep by back in.

What is inappropriate?

calling someone who is clearly a black man black?

sure he could have looked the names up, but you can read the posts as well as I, he has been totally blasted for this

im not saying its ok for him to be rascist or that we want that here, but this isnt an example of racism. Sure, that might have been his intent, but all he did was identify someone by their race and people are calling him filth

maybe not you, but you have said stuff like "squash it". Squash what? reference to race?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What is inappropriate?

sure he could have looked the names up, but you can read the posts as well as I, he has been totally blasted for this

im not saying its ok for him to be rascist or that we want that here, but this isnt an example of racism. Sure, that might have been his intent, but all he did was identify someone by their race and people are calling him filth

maybe not you, but you have said stuff like "squash it". Squash what? reference to race?

Squash it means not tolerate it in the least form. You tolerate a little, and soon your tolerating alot. I'm not going to say anything more than it was inappropriate. I felt it was as soon as I saw it. He knows thier names. He's a senior member for goodness sakes. He's also on the net. Look it up.

xmarksthespot
Regardless of the intention, it's a stupid thread.

Just let it die.

Starhawk
What is inappropriate?

Stop being naive, you know what he means. It's disgusting and it needs to be erased and he needs to be banned.

inamilist
man, so much intolorance...

but ya, done

Badabing
Originally posted by keak da sneak
who wins and how
Um..... What the f**k? I wouldn't call this thread racist but stupid. blink

Please close it. messed

Starhawk
INTOLERANCE??!?? What the hell do you call what he posted? And his poll clearly just asks "Black" vs "White" it's clear what he means!!!!

And as Bill Maher says, "Don't get so tolerant that your tolerate intolerance."

Brian Oswald
its not racist, its just stupid and pointless

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
its not racist, its just stupid and pointless

Racist is STUPID and POINTLESS. Same thing.

Starhawk
Look at his poll, he doesn't even bother to say anything but Black vs White in it. It's racist, rude and inappropriate.

Badabing
Originally posted by Starhawk
INTOLERANCE??!?? What the hell do you call what he posted? And his poll clearly just asks "Black" vs "White" it's clear what he means!!!!

And as Bill Maher says, "Don't get so tolerant that your tolerate intolerance."
Bill Maher is a far left zealot who will only tolerate what and who he agrees. I said the thread wasn't racist unless the terms black and white are now derogatory terms used to describe people. Your extrapolation of the thread is an emotional response to the words black and white and only show your intolerance.

Like I said, I wouldn't call the thread racist but stupid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He knew what he was doing. If he really meant a version of GL, how come it's not in the poll. And everyone knows there are like 4 white GL's. So which one? He was too full of shit to begin with.

Starhawk
Bill Maher slams the left as well as the right.

And It's clear what he means, he could've looked up their names but he choose to catogorize them by the color of their skin and his poll says it all.

darthgoober
Look everyone, IF this thread was created out of racism rather than ignorance, then all everyone is doing is giving this guy exactly what he wants by getting upset and making a big deal out of. So just let the thread die, and deprive him of the attention that he's seeking.

However keak da sneak, if this thread was actually created out of ignorance of the characters(not to mention a lack of understanding of basic social etiquette), then do everyone a favor and take the time to find out a little bit about the characters before you post a match(their names at the very least). Trust me, it'll be better for everyone.

Starhawk
Him leaving and never returning with this small minded bigot crap would be better for everyone.

Do you know how much pain and suffering this nonsense causes in the world?

Brian Oswald
Racist is STUPID and POINTLESS. Same thing. Um no, is everything that is stupid and pointless racist? Thats what you're implying.

darthgoober
Him leaving and never returning with this small minded bigot crap would be better for everyone.

Do you know how much pain and suffering this nonsense causes in the world?
As much as the world allows.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Um no, is everything that is stupid and pointless racist? Thats what you're implying.

NO. Everything that is stupid and pointless is not Racist. But everything that is Racist is Stupid and pointless. Kinda like all liquid is not apple juice, but all apple juice is liquid. Get it.

inamilist
NO. Everything that is stupid and pointless is not Racist. But everything that is Racist is Stupid and pointless. Kinda like all liquid is not apple juice, but all apple juice is liquid. Get it.

what about frozen apple juice?

or concentrate?

Starhawk
It just pisses me off. I have friends who have been the victims of racisim and I've seen what it does.

And we don't have to allow it on here.

Badabing
Bill Maher slams the left as well as the right.

And It's clear what he means, he could've looked up their names but he choose to catogorize them by the color of their skin and his poll says it all.
Calm down and report the thread. If anything, the thread is too vague and pointless. I see this is a very emotional issue and I won't push it any further with you. After all, we're all here to have fun.

darthgoober
Why is this thread still going? Whatever the reason for it's creation, we can all admit that it shouldn't be active. SO LET THE THREAD DIE.

Originally posted by darthgoober
Look everyone, IF this thread was created out of racism rather than ignorance, then all everyone is doing is giving this guy exactly what he wants by getting upset and making a big deal out of. So just let the thread die, and deprive him of the attention that he's seeking.

However keak da sneak, if this thread was actually created out of ignorance of the characters(not to mention a lack of understanding of basic social etiquette), then do everyone a favor and take the time to find out a little bit about the characters before you post a match(their names at the very least). Trust me, it'll be better for everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.