Your favourite battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samle
ya its a poll

Jedi Priestess
And its been done before. The battle between Luke and Vader on the death star in ROTJ is my favorite.

Marxman
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
And its been done before. The battle between Luke and Vader on the death star in ROTJ is my favorite.

But this is the I, II, and III section so technically that answer doesn't count. wink

My choice is Kashyyyk. Wookiees are bad ass!

and you should have more choices like Battle of Naboo and Geonosis

Alliance
Why is Geonosis not on there?

((The_Anomaly))
Your missing some battles.

aj_vader
The Fight On Mustafar is easily the best out of those! big grin

willman
geonosis. but on your list i think kashyyyk because the effects are mind blowing.

General G
Out of that lsit, I would probably say the Corouscant battle just because of the large scale of it and the boldness of the Separatist attacking the Republic stronghold.

overlord
I guess mustafar then, I hardly remember battles on other planets.

queeq
Hmmm Geonosis I think....

Dusty
I really like the fight on Geonosis.

Alliance
w00t! Clonegasm.

queeq
Who's gonna wipe the floor now?

General G
horse

Whoever is...do you mind picking that up too embarrasment

Alliance
Thats the nice thing about clones. They pick up themselves.

queeq
Unless they die.

Alliance
Yeah, well f*ck the seps.

queeq
No, thank you. Too metally for me.

Alliance
Ok. Then just blast em.

queeq
What? The thread? Good idea... evil face

Alliance
thumb up I always knew you'd come around.

Sith Master X
Geonosis is a favorite of mine, but I'm not sure that it tops the epic between Anakin and Kenobi on Mustafar. It's close.

Alliance
Mustafar wasn't even a battle...only a duel.

Battles to me impy the movement of large sections of the armed services. (or in the seps' case, scrapmetal)

sithsaber408
Geonosis, followed closely by Naboo.

ROTS didn't really have any batttle scenes (except for the space battle), but rather battle shots, which only lasted 1 or 2 min. long.

If I'm picking duels it goes to Mustafar, however with DOF right behind.

Alliance
Lucas really could have redeemed some of his flaws in the PT by making ROTS a little (ie A LOT) more Clone Wars heavy.

I find it ironic that despite the animocity towards the PT, Geonosis appears to be the heavy favorite.

queeq
Indeed..., even more ironic considering the anomisty towards AOTC in particular. But as a stand-alone battle it's pretty good. Storywise, it's not so good.

Alliance
erm

queeq
Now what?

Alliance
Maybe it is good and you just haven't accepted it yet.

queeq
AOTC good????? laughing out loud

Alliance
AOTC no worse than the others?????

queeq
Oh yes it is...

Alliance
No its not. Its definately not worse than ROTJ...at least AOTC went somewhere with the plot...though both had cool endings.

queeq
It's very much worse. The AOTC plot went absolutely nowwhere... It was a detective story of more than two hours that needa ll that time to say one thing: Anakin and Padme fall in love. And the love scenes are absolutely horrid... go figure that.

Alliance
ok, love scenes suck...but they always have. Lucas' idea of a love scene is an incestuous whistle.

The AOTC plot did go where. Think about how friggin long it took the Jedi to figure out what was going on in the film, let alone in the universe.

queeq
I didn't een know what was going on. I still don't. Really apart from the clones origin (which in the end is nothing else than an extreme elobarate piece of boring exposition and quite obsolete (as if it is SOOOO important where the clones came from... )) the only thing that is a plot point is Anakin and Padme falling in love... And the death of Anakin's mother a little bit. And that is IT!!!
Now if them falling in loe is the only crucial plot point, and the love scenes suck, one can only conclude that this film is flawed to the core.
And yes, you have your clones, fine.... enjoy them. That's why some of us believe that Geonosis might be the best as a BATTLE PER SE.... not as part of a great movie.

Alliance
Why is a slug on an asteroid important?

queeq
Because it gave them a moment of peace and that gave us one of the finest romantic scenes of the saga. With a twist. Perfect scene.

Alliance
laughing Worst rationalization ever.

Kamino happend so Kenobi could be introduced to Jango, and it was quiet, and we solved a mysteryYUYYYYYY!!!. (same logic)

queeq
But it LED nowhere, only to more exposition.

And the slug scene is part of a sequence that creates a whole web that is closing in on the Falcon: they are nowehere safe. It's a very good scene, well acted, good romance in only a few lines, humor, and a good supsrising twist with a from-the-fire-into-the-frying-pan effect... Dramatically flawless, I can't imagine anything against that scene.

Alliance
laughing

queeq
Why are you laughing? I was serious. Come up with one solid argument against that scene?

Alliance
It was a pointless waste of time. There was no reason to land, they were clearly not under threat. All that you said could have easily been done as they were flying off into space.

queeq
There WAS a reason!! They had no place to go and needed time to see if they could fix the hyperdrive. Going into the asteroid field was hopefully going to shake off the Empire... they failed. So all they could do was stop, try to fix the hyperdrive and then leave the asteroid field to make the jump. All very good and clever writing there. Plus, as I said, it gave a good moment for the fairly important romance.

Marxman
Just as a side note:
Would Mustafar be considered a battle or a duel?

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
There WAS a reason!! They had no place to go and needed time to see if they could fix the hyperdrive. Going into the asteroid field was hopefully going to shake off the Empire... they failed. So all they could do was stop, try to fix the hyperdrive and then leave the asteroid field to make the jump. All very good and clever writing there. Plus, as I said, it gave a good moment for the fairly important romance.

i never argued the asteroid field, I argued LANDING...and the LANDING in a worm.

Nothing about that sequence was clever.

Originally posted by Marxman
Just as a side note:
Would Mustafar be considered a battle or a duel?
Duel

queeq
they LANDED to try and fix teh hyperdrive..... You said there was no reason for it. I just explained there was a very good reason for it. If you can'tshake the Empire because your hyperdrive isn't working, you have to find a place where you can fix it.... Pure and simple logic. It led to the immortal line: "You wanted to be there if I made a mistake, this could be it, princess."
I think you just missed part of that movie...

Marxman
Then why is it a choice in this poll? I thought this was favorite battles.

queeq
Dunno... lame poll.

Alliance
they LANDED to try and fix teh hyperdrive..... You said there was no reason for it. I just explained there was a very good reason for it. If you can'tshake the Empire because your hyperdrive isn't working, you have to find a place where you can fix it.... Pure and simple logic. It led to the immortal line: "You wanted to be there if I made a mistake, this could be it, princess."
I think you just missed part of that movie...

They've fixed it in flight before!
Originally posted by Marxman
Then why is it a choice in this poll? I thought this was favorite battles.

Because the guys a newb.

queeq
Yeah, with asteroids slamming on them, shields being destroyed, fighters all around... a pause will be nice. Sorry pal, ESb is virtually perfect, every scene has a purpose and leads to the next phase. By far better than any clone film.

Alliance
They had no problem flying OUT of the field later.

Marxman
Originally posted by Alliance
They've fixed it in flight before!

Because the guys a newb.

The funny thing is that 5 people voted for it

Alliance
Yes. Its funny that people have voted in here at all.

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
They had no problem flying OUT of the field later.

So? The problem was not getting OUT of the field, the problem was getting rid of the Empire. Vader ordered them to move out of the asteroid field. Where does it say they didn't know how to leave the asteroid field? If they did with an unrepaired hyperdrive, they'd be sitting ducks for the Empire.
So all it was, was a safe stop to get that hyperdive fixed. I don't see the problem at all.

Unlike AOTC that has many scenes that raise questions (like Syfo-Dyas) and never get resolved. ESB rules.

Alliance
Argh...this agument makes no sense anymore.

Syfo-Dyas sucked. It should have been Qui-Gon.

queeq
Whatever... but AOTC sucked just like Syfo-Dyas did.

Alliance
HEY! mad

Baseless accusations.

Tangible God
Whatever... but AOTC sucked just like Syfo-Dyas did. Drinks are on me.

queeq
Best post I've read in weeks.

Alliance
Haven't gotten out much? erm

queeq
Nope

Alliance

queeq
Meaning?

Alliance
Whatever you want it to.

queeq
Oh....

Alliance

queeq
OKay, that's it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.