X-Men vs. Uncanny X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Both teams feel there is only room for one X-Men team in the Marvel Universe (leave all other X-men teams out of it), and are willing to kill one another to see that it happens.

X-Men Roster:

Rogue

Cable

Cannonball

Iceman

Karima

Sabretooth w/ adamantium claws.

Uncanny X-Men Roster:

Havok

Darwin

Rachel Summers (Without PF)

Nightcrawler

Polaris

Warpath

Galan007
X-Men

batdude123
X-Men.

xmarksthespot
X-Men if we take the BW Iceman... but otherwise UXM.

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
X-Men if we take the BW Iceman... but otherwise UXM.

laughing out loud

ThePittman
I see it as a standoff between Darwin and Iceman

Soljer
Originally posted by ThePittman
I see it as a standoff between Darwin and Iceman

Pretty much.

Iceman flash freezes Darwin, Darwin evolves some sort of internal thermogenesis, and then it's a simple stalemate.

ThePittman
I would like to see what Darwin would evolve to though wink

Soljer
I would like to see what Darwin would evolve to though wink

Well, for the most part, his evolutions have always been defensive. He would be able to survive Iceman's attacks (more than likely), but he wouldn't be able to do anything to really put Iceman down. erm.

nimbus006
No one thinks Rachel and Polaris would both pose quite a challenge for the X-Men. Isn't Polaris suppose to be potentially really powerful with her new artificial powers?

Galan007
Originally posted by nimbus006
No one thinks Rachel and Polaris would both pose quite a challenge for the X-Men. Isn't Polaris suppose to be potentially really powerful with her new artificial powers? Darwin is by far the biggest threat on the UXM team

nimbus006
Yea i agree, but Rachel is a pretty powerful telepath and Telekinetic probably a bit more so than Cable. Also, I remember in one of the last issues of Uncanny X-men someone from the Shiar Empire saying that Polaris could be the most dangerous or powerful (not sure which) of the X-Men. Does anyone else remember that?

ThePittman

Starhawk
X-Men takes this in a big way.

nimbus006

ThePittman

nimbus006

ThePittman

Grimm22
You can't really seperate Rachel from the Phoenix Force no expression

Considering that her mutant ability is the Phoenix Force, that would make her pretty much useless

nimbus006
Originally posted by Grimm22
You can't really seperate Rachel from the Phoenix Force no expression

Considering that her mutant ability is the Phoenix Force, that would make her pretty much useless

Yes but currently she doesn't possess the power level she had when she fought Galactus. Thats what i meant when i said no Phoenix Force. The one fighting here is current Rachel with th left over energy she absorbed from the sword of the Shiar guy.

Grimm22
Originally posted by nimbus006
Yes but currently she doesn't possess the power level she had when she fought Galactus. Thats what i meant when i said no Phoenix Force. The one fighting here is current Rachel with th left over energy she absorbed from the sword of the Shiar guy.

That wasn't really Rachel as much as it was a "Dark Phoenix" Rachel per say erm

nimbus006
That wasn't really Rachel as much as it was a "Dark Phoenix" Rachel per say erm

It was still Rachel. Point being is i wanted to make it clear that she is fighting at her current level which right now does not possess the actual true power of the PF.

Grimm22
Ok erm

Fair enough

If thats the case though, Uncanny wins

nimbus006
Ok erm

Fair enough

If thats the case though, Uncanny wins

So with current Rachel you think Uncanny wins?

That is what i figured when i made the thread, but some people thought otherwise. I think it is a pretty even match,you have good versatility on both sides, and a decent spread of power.

ThePittman

RisingStorm
Yeah, a stalemate between Iceman and Darwin. One thing I really wonder about is that Darwin cannot harm Iceman since his powers are defensive. Then Iceman could not do anything to him either, for he'll just evolve...

Blair Wind
hmmm....this is purely theory, but if something was suddenly and totally frozen at absolute zero (molecules and everything) how would Darwin be able to evolve? Nothing in his body is moving, so the time frame in which he could evolve would be stunted and not be able to be realized since he is in effect stopped, stone cold, like a kinetic drain. Just a thought erm

Roldz
Hmm.. I quess that would work but since everything is in motion laws of kinetic totally depends in how long can Bobby maintain the drain as soon as theres motion Darwin would evolved making him immune to the Kinetic drain/Bobby's power.. Just my 2 cents..

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
hmmm....this is purely theory, but if something was suddenly and totally frozen at absolute zero (molecules and everything) how would Darwin be able to evolve? Nothing in his body is moving, so the time frame in which he could evolve would be stunted and not be able to be realized since he is in effect stopped, stone cold, like a kinetic drain. Just a thought erm

Darwin can evolve before the stimulus connects...i.e. if he knows the nature of Icemans powers he'll evolve before the attack. Like in his suicide attempt he evolved way before he hit the ground.
And if it's a sneak attack and he doesn't know the nature of Bobby's attack i.e. Like the Krakoa incident. Then the moment Bobby's kinetic drain starts occuring(Which would act as a Stimulus for Darwin) Darwin Evolves as his body is in a state of continuous evolution, plus it doesn't have to be activated consciously it works subconsciously. Hence the reason why he was able to survive Krakoas attack. He didn't know the nature of the energy and it was a sneak attack.

BTW Darwin can force his evolutions...i.e. The Sharp Skin...and the Super Strength. He can force himself to become some Iceman Killer..for example...he could become immune to Icemans Powers and x-gene suppressor radiation and then evolve to emit the same kind of radiation those machines emit. That way all he'll need to do is force his evolution to gain Super Strength and then snap Bobby's neck.

Uncanny X-Men take this because of Darwin and his plot devices.

Blair Wind
A) Snap Bobbys neck What the f**k?

B) But a "killing" attack and a stopping all kinetic movement in a persons molecules before their body can totally evolve against them, thus STOPPING them (since nothing moves at that temp. NOTHING) are two totally different things. Its a theory, but I think it could work. erm

hunter_blake05
i vote for x-men

ThePittman

ExodusCloak
A) Snap Bobbys neck What the f**k?

B) But a "killing" attack and a stopping all kinetic movement in a persons molecules before their body can totally evolve against them, thus STOPPING them (since nothing moves at that temp. NOTHING) are two totally different things. Its a theory, but I think it could work. erm

I knew that would get that reaction out of you stick out tongue

A.) Well with Bobby's X-gene suppressed....he'll just be human. So yeah snapping the neck works. To win this all Darwin needs to do is suppress Bobby's x-gene...if Darwin force-evolves to give off the same radiation as a mutant dampening device(Without himself being effected) then that should be enough to win this.

B.) If it was a sneak attack then it might work....though it still seems kind of iffy with Darwin being in a state of continuous evolution and all. Anyway since there is no a sneak attack in this particular match up...and Darwin can force his evolutions to his liking...all he needs to do is evolve past Iceman's powers...before Bobby gets a chance to use this attack and then use method A.) to win the match.

BTW Would you say...Bobby has absolute control over Kinetic Energy or just control of the Kinetic Energy of Water Molecules?

http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenn41p14iz2.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenn41p15vp9.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenn41p16hw8.jpg

Soljer
Gotta disagree with you this time, Blair. Darwin has evolved BEFORE a stimulus actually occurs before, not so much REACTIVE evolution as PRE-EMPTIVE evolution.

I still say stalemate.

Blair Wind
Dont know enough about Darwin to say anything more.

Interesting, I didnt have that second scan. Gonna have to add it later.
Anyways, I would have to say Iceman CAN have absolute control over kinetic energy and NOT just water molecules, but that is what he works with most. Freezing all the molecules of a celestial ship (which have no water) would go to prove this point (as would heat vision)

Soljer

Anyways, I would have to say Iceman CAN have absolute control over kinetic energy and NOT just water molecules, but that is what he works with most. Freezing all the molecules of a celestial ship (which have no water) would go to prove this point (as would heat vision)

Agreed. He has the potential to control all kinetic energy.

Just hasn't quite reached it yet.

ExodusCloak

Cool...makes sense since he's suppose to be Omega and all..water molecules would be kind of limiting.

ThePittman

Blair Wind

Roldz
a.) Could you even supressed Bobby's power when at Iceform, considering the diff. from human to Elemental physiology are quite substansial.. (his no longer human/mutant but an elemental and follows diff. law) Myself i dont think those dampening tech/powers would work on Bobby's iceform...

b.)Theres got to be some kind of energy/aura extended outside of Darwins physical body to sense the kind of evolution needed for him to survived, question is, does it work faster than Bobby's Ice powers?

c.)Tie, unless Bobby's human prior to the fight...

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Roldz a.) Could you even supressed Bobby's power when at Iceform, considering the diff. from human to Elemental physiology are quite substansial.. (his no longer human/mutant but an elemental and follows diff. law) Myself i dont think those dampening tech/powers would work on Bobby's iceform...

c.)Tie, unless Bobby's human prior to the fight...

Hmm...good point...but doesn't an iced up form count as prep..although it does count as battle ready?
There's got to be a wacky plot device...that can beat him...how about..."a type of radiation that forces Bobby back into human form" shifty...meh too tired to come up with something...leave it as a stalemate I guess. :/

Well consider the steps Bobby has to take in order to use his powers...Darwins body is in continuous evolution...can Bobby attack Darwin before he is able to process a thought?

Roldz
a.)Stalemate is good showing, for someone not herald level..
b.)I do beleived i ask desame question before you? stick out tongue

ThePittman

Roldz
Actually Kinetic is present in about anything, and in theory Bobby powers work in decreasing be it autonomic deduction of K energy. Thats why he can frezze HV and the like..

ThePittman

Roldz
Your right... But kinetic goes far beyond mass and in this universe everything is in motion... everythin..

Soljer

ThePittman

ThePittman

Soljer

Roldz
Bobby doesnt have that kind of control.. + i dont think he can increase k to a point above what it was before he manipulated it or some kind of cap other wise hed be also capable of manipulating all forms of heat increasing in temp.. Not to mentioned alot more than that..

ThePittman
Originally posted by Soljer
Radiation waves can transfer heat without the movement of mass. As far as I know they still have particles in them which would collide with other atoms causing friction and heat.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Roldz
Bobby doesnt have that kind of control.. + i dont think he can increase k to a point above what it was before he manipulated it or some kind of cap other wise hed be also capable of manipulating all forms of heat increasing in temp.. Not to mentioned alot more than that.. Which is New Son

Roldz
all this mentioned Kinetic is present...

But where talking about Bobby here stick out tongue ..

Soljer
As far as I know they still have particles in them which would collide with other atoms causing friction and heat.

Energy alone.

Yeah, yeah, wave-particle duality, blah blah blah.

Still no mass.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Soljer
Energy alone.

Yeah, yeah, wave-particle duality, blah blah blah.

Still no mass. However it does have inertia which affects the atoms around it causing friction, even with light and EMW are affected by gravity which only responds to mass but that is more in the quantum mechanics realm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.