The Comic Versus Forum Is Dead....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
After viewing the Ant-Man vs. Wonder Woman thread and watching people trying to build serious, "logical" arguments backing Ant-Man as well as other various posters making threads with childish notions of battles, it has finally come to my attention that the Comic Versus Forum is dead.

Many have stated it's doom beforehand but with so few good posters (i.e. King Mungi, Validus, Jimmy Chan, Xmarksthespot, Howard Jones, BlairWind, Galan77, Olympian, Lucid Lui, etc.) and the overwhelming majority of idio..erm...people of questionable reputation (i.e. golem370, masterbruce, Starhawk, Murda Mase, lando005, hunbu004, King Kandy, nimbus006 and oh so many more) currently active in the board, it's safe to say the board is decaying....

What can we do?

sad

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Draco69
After viewing the Ant-Man vs. Wonder Woman thread and watching people trying to build serious, "logical" arguments backing Ant-Man as well as other various posters making threads with childish notions of battles, it has finally come to my attention that the Comic Versus Forum is dead.

Many have stated it's doom beforehand but with so few good posters (i.e. King Mungi, Validus, Jimmy Chan, Xmarksthespot, Howard Jones, BlairWind, Galan77, Olympian, Lucid Lui, etc.) and the overwhelming majority of idio..erm...people of questionable reputation (i.e. golem170, masterbruce, Starhawk, Murda Mase, lando005 and oh so many more) currently active in the board, it's safe to say the board is decaying....

What can we do?

sad

I'm not a good poster sadwalk
stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69

Many have stated it's doom beforehand but with so few good posters (i.e. King Mungi, Validus, Jimmy Chan, Xmarksthespot, Howard Jones, BlairWind, Galan77, Olympian, Lucid Lui, etc.) and the overwhelming majority of idio..erm...people of questionable reputation (i.e. golem170, masterbruce, Starhawk, Murda Mase, lando005, hunbu004, King Kandy, nimbus006 and oh so many more) currently active in the board, it's safe to say the board is decaying....

What can we do?

sad

It is a problem, but the way i see it, so many debates have been done to death that its hard to come up wtih fresh ideas...

more tourney's might help... erm

Draco69
Originally posted by Devil Lance
I'm not a good poster sadwalk
stick out tongue

Edited.

big grin

DigiMark007
Ignore the bad stuff, and take part in sections that still interest you with people you can logically debate with.

There has always been fanboy-ism and questionable comic-intelligence on KMC. Just like there's always spam and trolls too. If you can't deal, then you're free to stop posting, or you can try to weed the roses out from among the thorns.

Besides, it's the holidays....more activity, less coherence and order (and Tron's MIA so I'm kinda short-manned right now). School year is always kinda slow, but this is the busy time. It ebbs and flows, like any discussion board.

Anyway, closing. Try to take my words to heart, because threads like this aren't the answer.

Starhawk
Learn to accept that people have a different opinion then you do?

That the true way to understanding is to look at something through more then just your own view?

And that people have the right to think whatever they wish wether you agree with it or not?

That it's just a forum on Comic Books and not to be taken so seriously?

That you can debate witout resorting to rudness and insults?

Howard_Jones
I appreciate the nod, Draco, even though I called your fave character a homicidal maniac. Then again, my favorite character is Venom, so who am I to talk?

Anywho, this just tends to happen every once in a while when people run out of ideas for a good debate of closely matched characters. I'll have to come up with some of my own.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ignore the bad stuff, and take part in sections that still interest you with people you can logically debate with.

There has always been fanboy-ism and questionable comic-intelligence on KMC. Just like there's always spam and trolls too. If you can't deal, then you're free to stop posting, or you can try to weed the roses out from among the thorns.

Besides, it's the holidays....more activity, less coherence and order (and Tron's MIA so I'm kinda short-manned right now). School year is always kinda slow, but this is the busy time. It ebbs and flows, like any discussion board.

Anyway, closing. Try to take my words to heart, because threads like this aren't the answer.

There's also sometimes a limit to what a person can do. Eventually, for most vets (myself included), we don't post much in battles because we've done it all before. It's a natural progression....and it doesn't mean you have to leave the forum, but maybe just change a bit.

When I started getting disinterested in most battles is when I discovered the rest of KMC, so it's been good for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.