Spider Sense vs Radar Sense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ExtraMision5555
It really seems like this thread would have been done ages ago but i searched endlessly and couldent find it?
Anyways,
Between the two, which do you guys think is better?

IMO, I think radar sense is a bit more "stressful", but ultimately it seems like its more better than spider sense * *
Reason being, Radar sense (and by that i mean the culmination of Daredevils senses) allows daredevil to telegraph the movements of others, so whereas spider sense is more like an alert, Radar sense seems like its better becuase its a constant stream of muscular information? lol, , but then again, Spidersense notifys spiderman of ALL danger whereas radar sense can be nullified if something is coming from too far away (like when daredevil was shot and almost killed recently)

So
there are more reasons why i feel this way, but ide like to hear some other opinions
so im curious, which do you guys think is better?
i apologize if this thread is a repeat

fsufan89
Im gonna say spider sense. What happend to Darevevil when he was shot would never happen to spidey. In all fairness hard owever this is a hard one. It is hard to tell which sense is mo re effective because spidey can move quicker then daredevil so he could respond quicker. It would be easier to tell if a character lets say that was equal to daredevil had a spidey sense or a character equal to spidey had a raadar sense

lando005
good one... i would have to go with the spider-sense. My reasons are like you said before it's more strenuous than the spider-sense for one dd has to focus his senses to make them work together to create the radar sense where as for spider-man it's natural. Secondly the radar sense while it does provide more detailed information is easier to counter ie loud enough noise and such but there have only been a handful of people able to mess with the spider-sense. Also the spider-sense has a slightly broader range of use, it's not just for danger. Peter's used the sense to track people down, tell if someone was lying, help him win at cards, so on and so forth

jrodslam
Originally posted by fsufan89
Im gonna say spider sense. What happend to Darevevil when he was shot would never happen to spidey. In all fairness hard owever this is a hard one. It is hard to tell which sense is mo re effective because spidey can move quicker then daredevil so he could respond quicker. It would be easier to tell if a character lets say that was equal to daredevil had a spidey sense or a character equal to spidey had a raadar sense

Ok now to be fair, were talking both senses without PIS/CIS. You cant mentione Daredevil being shot and say that wouldnt happen to Spiderman. Why? Cause Spiderman has been shot also.

jrodslam
Originally posted by lando005
good one... i would have to go with the spider-sense. My reasons are like you said before it's more strenuous than the spider-sense for one dd has to focus his senses to make them work together to create the radar sense where as for spider-man it's natural. Secondly the radar sense while it does provide more detailed information is easier to counter ie loud enough noise and such but there have only been a handful of people able to mess with the spider-sense. Also the spider-sense has a slightly broader range of use, it's not just for danger. Peter's used the sense to track people down, tell if someone was lying, help him win at cards, so on and so forth

Daredevil doesnt really focus to use the radar. He focuses on his other senses like smell and hearing. Radar is more automatic. DD's radar/senses have been countered just as Spideys ss has been countered. Going by high end feats or NORMAL showings, Daredevils radar and senses takes a very high amount of noise to disable it let alont disrupt it to where he cant use it efficiently. Daredevils radar/senses has also been used to track people and do all the things you mentioned Spidey has done with his ss. Like id said before with the radar and ss is that DD actually knows what the danger is exactly unlike spiderman. When they are together DD's senses seem to be slightly more precise than Spideys sense.

lando005
Originally posted by jrodslam
Daredevil doesnt really focus to use the radar. He focuses on his other senses like smell and hearing. Radar is more automatic. DD's radar/senses have been countered just as Spideys ss has been countered. Going by high end feats or NORMAL showings, Daredevils radar and senses takes a very high amount of noise to disable it let alont disrupt it to where he cant use it efficiently. Daredevils radar/senses has also been used to track people and do all the things you mentioned Spidey has done with his ss. Like id said before with the radar and ss is that DD actually knows what the danger is exactly unlike spiderman. When they are together DD's senses seem to be slightly more precise than Spideys sense. true enough but there is one thing the spider-sense does do that the radar sense doesn't it tells spider-man what's a danger to him and what's not. Now before you get upset hear me out with the radar sense it's a highly detailed report to dd's brain about his spacial awareness and what's going on around him. The problem in that is that it doesn't really tell him what's dangerous to him or not just what's going on dd himself has to process that information and determine what's a threat to him or not, which is a problem not found in the spider-sense. Kinda like a stick shift and an automatic. For instance the radar sense would tell dd that there is a gun pointed at him but it wouldn't tell him it's a threat jut that there's a gun pointed at him dd has to register the threat and then take action whereas the spider-sense would detect the gun and warn peter (and in some instances if the threat is high enough urge his body) to move out of the way to a safe location

Lucid Lui
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9442/ddradarsense01ra7.th.jpg http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8967/ddradarsense02ze8.th.jpg http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5914/ddradarsense03bo2.th.jpg

Radar sense.

jrodslam
For instance the radar sense would tell dd that there is a gun pointed at him but it wouldn't tell him it's a threat jut that there's a gun pointed at him dd has to register the threat and then take action whereas the spider-sense would detect the gun and warn peter (and in some instances if the threat is high enough urge his body) to move out of the way to a safe location

DD already knows if the person is going to be a threat or not just by their breathing and heartbeat alone. DD would know when the trigger is about to be pulled as well as whos about to pull it. Spidey on the otherhand wouldnt know its a gun thats about to be fired. All he would know is that theres a danger in tha area then it would be up to him to search out that threat. I do admit that he would probably be able to find the person by using the ss, but thats not always a guarantee in a public area to be able to pinpoint like DD would and thus may take a bit more time.

Mrrungo Mu
I'll take Spider Sense

Alfheim
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9442/ddradarsense01ra7.th.jpg http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8967/ddradarsense02ze8.th.jpg http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5914/ddradarsense03bo2.th.jpg

Radar sense.

Nuff said.

lando005
DD already knows if the person is going to be a threat or not just by their breathing and heartbeat alone. DD would know when the trigger is about to be pulled as well as whos about to pull it. Spidey on the otherhand wouldnt know its a gun thats about to be fired. All he would know is that theres a danger in tha area then it would be up to him to search out that threat. I do admit that he would probably be able to find the person by using the ss, but thats not always a guarantee in a public area to be able to pinpoint like DD would and thus may take a bit more time. the spider-sense would tell him when a gun is going to be fired and the direction the bullet is going as well as the exact moment he needs to moved to get out of the way and some times where he needs to move to to be safe, yes in a large area with multiple threats it's not quite as good as the radar sense but the point i was making is that it does everything automaticly spider-man doesn't even have to think about it while dare devil does he has to compute the information his senses feed him that creates a slight lag time, also if he's unable to determine if something is a threat to him or not it wouldn't really help they both have their plus and minuses

inamilist

Radar sense.

ive seen those scans before...

what is that from?

jrodslam
the spider-sense would tell him when a gun is going to be fired and the direction the bullet is going as well as the exact moment he needs to moved to get out of the way and some times where he needs to move to to be safe,

The Spidey Sense doesnt tell him when a gun is going to be fired. Hell, Spidey wouldnt even know its a gun. The Sidey sense would only inform him that theres a threat or potential threat. The ss does help in his dodging ability as youve mentioned.

yes in a large area with multiple threats it's not quite as good as the radar sense but the point i was making is that it does everything automaticly spider-man doesn't even have to think about it while dare devil does he has to compute the information his senses feed him that creates a slight lag time, also if he's unable to determine if something is a threat to him or not it wouldn't really help they both have their plus and minuses

DD's senses do everything automatically as well. His senses pick up a gun being cocked. It picks up a fingers muscle tensing or a trigger about to be pulled and the direction. True DD wouldnt be able to tell if the person is a direct threat to him, BUT by the heartbeat alone, DD would know that the person was either nervous or scared. Indded youre right about both having their plus and minuses. DD just has more plus points imo.

jrodslam
Originally posted by inamilist
ive seen those scans before...

what is that from?

Secret Wars.

Sparkz

Radar sense.

Not saying your wrong cause I am unsure at the moment, but Bendis wrote that story, and I have found he is notorius for depowering Spider-man, also loves Spider-man loosing his mask in a fight and whining not that that has anything to do here I'm just saying...

Anyway the Spider-sense is very effective in some areas and not so much in another. For example if someone had a gun and was planning to do something bad with it, Peter would get a light tingle letting him o something bad is happening, occasionly directing him to where it is but not always. Its also been known to let him know if someone is lieing or even just a particulary bad person. Then if someone pointed a gun at Peter in an attempt to shoot him he would instantly know he was in dager where the danger was coming from and where to move to get to saftey, also the more danger he is in the more his reflexes go onto automatic so he dosn't have to think to get out of the way. The only downside to all that is that he dosn't actualy know what the danger is more of how the danger would effect him.

The Radar sense I would say lets DD know exactly what is going on around him, it will let him know where the potential danger is coming from etc, the only downside is that Matt himself has to determain where to move to get to saftey. But the radar sense is far more effectve than the Spider-sense in locating and or identifing a single person.

As for the weakness's DD's are alot easier to exploit for example a very loud sound can screw the radar sense up.

While Spider-man's SS requires either mysticle forces, special gas's (like the one's Green Goblin and Mysterio use) But the simplest from of tricking the Spider-sense is to for example lure Spidey into a room and plant bombs everywhere that way his SS is going off all the time and he can't actualy pinpoint danger because its in every direction.

All in all I'd say the SS was much better suited for combat as its harder to overcome even though it has more weakness's but they are harder to aquire, and the radar sense is more effective in hunting down and pinpointing potential threats,

To be honest I'd make this a 50/50 split.

inamilist
Secret Wars.

danke

ExtraMision5555
good points from both sides

King_Mungi
danke

You must be happy with the new Man-Thing coming out

inamilist
Originally posted by King_Mungi
You must be happy with the new Man-Thing coming out

wtf, i hadnt even heard!!!!

but ya, thats probably the best news ive gotten in weeks

mungi = toaa

King_Mungi
wtf, i hadnt even heard!!!!

but ya, thats probably the best news ive gotten in weeks

mungi = toaa

merry christmas: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0612/12/marvelmarch.htm

"LEGION OF MONSTERS: MAN-THING #1
Written by Charlie Huston and Ted McKeever, penciled by Klaus Janson and McKeever, cover by Greg Land.

The amazing Legion of Monsters series continues, as Moon Knight and Ultimates Annual writer Charlie Huston navigates Man-Thing into a creepy tale of the worst kind of dinner invitation... Plus Ted McKeever brings his expressionistic storytelling to Simon Garth -- the original Marvel Zombie! These are stories that have been begging to be told -- set right in the dark, horrific corners of the Marvel Universe!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 21"

Beautiful cover by Greg Land

inamilist
everyone must buy this

lol, give them the incentive to start a new ongoing, LOL

King_Mungi
and then maybe do a Man-Thing movie that does him justice

inamilist
and then maybe do a Man-Thing movie that does him justice

laughing

oh ya, when does the alpha flight movie come out shifty

King_Mungi
laughing

oh ya, when does the alpha flight movie come out shifty

Never cool If anything they might appear in the Wolverine movies.

inamilist
Never cool If anything they might appear in the Wolverine movies.

that'd achually be pretty cool

but ya, go B and C list characters!

lando005
The Spidey Sense doesnt tell him when a gun is going to be fired. Hell, Spidey wouldnt even know its a gun. The Sidey sense would only inform him that theres a threat or potential threat. The ss does help in his dodging ability as youve mentioned.

the spider-sense does warn him of all that stuff though that's how it works it let's him know when the bullet is fired and when to move out the way and where to move to it may not say it's a gun but it tells him when a bullet's been fired more to the point it makes his body want to react accordingly he doesn't even have to think about it several times he's stated that he has to ignore his spider-sense to get something else done

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.