Spiderman vs Beast...wrestling match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
ok I'm pretty sure that both Beast & Spiderman first did profesional wrestling before they did the hero bid. If they had met in the ring, who would have won?

DigiMark007
Poor Beast

PRAYERRUN
laughing out loud

golem370
Spider-Man made money as a Wrestler right?

DigiMark007
Erm yeah, briefly. It was like for 1 issue. Most people only remember it because of the movie.

ThePittman
I would have to give this to Beast because of his agility with his hands and feet, where Spidey is stronger but I think that Beast could have the edge here.

inamilist
Spidey is faster, stronger and has the Spider Sense

Spiderman is what Beast was hoping for on his secondary mutation

marvelprince
Originally posted by inamilist

Nicely put

darthgoober
If we're talking about ACTUAL wrestling, I think Beast might actually take this. But if it's just WWE style, then Spidey takes it.

Sam Z
Sooooo... Isn't Beast a class 20 character now? That's what I heard.

darthgoober
If we're talking about ACTUAL wrestling, I think Beast might actually take this. But if it's just WWE style, then Spidey takes it.

marvelprince
Originally posted by darthgoober

How do figure that? Spider-Man outclasses Beast in every aspect. What's Beast gonna do?

darthgoober
Originally posted by marvelprince
How do figure that? Spider-Man outclasses Beast in every aspect. What's Beast gonna do?
Well the way I see it, Beast has more experience in this kind of fighting. Spidey jumps around a lot punching and such, but Beast actually tries wrestling type moves and holds on his opponents(Beast is also versed in Judo, which is basically a type of wrestling). The Spider Sense won't be as effective in a situation where they HAVE to lock up, so that's not much of an issue. Spidey might be a little a head in Strength/speed, but not by a lot. In an actual wrestling match, it all comes down to who's the better wrestler, and Beast absolutely takes that category. I'm not saying that it'd be an easy match for Beast to take, but I think he'd probably take the majority.

DigiMark007
Er, this is just putting them in a wrestling ring. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have to use a particular style.

Pete's still lots stronger and faster, and takes out people that are >> Beast regularly.

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Er, this is just putting them in a wrestling ring. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have to use a particular style.

Pete's still lots stronger and faster, and takes out people that are >> Beast regularly.
Oh well like I said, if it's just WWE style, the yeah Spidey takes it. I was talking about an actual wrestling match.

inamilist
Well the way I see it, Beast has more experience in this kind of fighting. Spidey jumps around a lot punching and such, but Beast actually tries wrestling type moves and holds on his opponents(Beast is also versed in Judo, which is basically a type of wrestling). The Spider Sense won't be as effective in a situation where they HAVE to lock up, so that's not much of an issue. Spidey might be a little a head in Strength/speed, but not by a lot. In an actual wrestling match, it all comes down to who's the better wrestler, and Beast absolutely takes that category. I'm not saying that it'd be an easy match for Beast to take, but I think he'd probably take the majority.

There was a thread similar to this a long time ago about colossus and venom in a boxing match

it came down to something a lot like this, where if it was a specific "style" of fighting with highly formalized rules one character had a clear advantage, though if it was just people in a boxing ring, the other seemed to...

I'd still say spidey, but you do bring up a great point... I wouldn't imagine he has picked up much, if any, wrestling style combat...

DigiMark007
Oh well like I said, if it's just WWE style, the yeah Spidey takes it. I was talking about an actual wrestling match.

Ah. Gotcha.

Sparkz
Recently Spidey fought a proffesional wrestler in FNSM he was about as strong as Pete and wolverine he was one of the best fighters he had seen (I assume he means wresetling though) Anyway Spidey was dominating that, untill he accidently use a stinger against him. I Spidey can dominate a trained wrestler I'm sure he can beat Beast in the same situation.

Sparkz
Originally posted by golem370
Spider-Man made money as a Wrestler right?

Only for like 1 page of the very first issue he was in, he only fought one fight, then went onto a talent show of sorts and showed off his powers.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by inamilist

Originally posted by Sparkz
Recently Spidey fought a proffesional wrestler in FNSM he was about as strong as Pete and wolverine he was one of the best fighters he had seen (I assume he means wresetling though) Anyway Spidey was dominating that, untill he accidently use a stinger against him. I Spidey can dominate a trained wrestler I'm sure he can beat Beast in the same situation.

thumb up

ThePittman
However a good wrestler can overcome the superior strength of an opponent and the fact that Beast can use his hands and feet the same is a huge advantage and the locks and pressure points that he can induce are limitless. Other aspect to look at is the training of the two, one Spidey is an instinct fighter more than a train fighter relying on his senses and speed and agility where Beast is more of a classically train fighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.