Please direct me to a thread on Commentaries of POC DMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shang
I searched but couldn't find a thread for it and I would hate to break the rules and make a new thread when it possibly has been brought up a billion times. I just saw POC DMC after coming back from Iraq after a year and I loved the storyline, watched the writers commentaries and wanted to put my two scents in.

Yes I'm new also, and I am hoping for the Jack/Elizabeth hookup(always wanted them together even in the first one).

a-k-a-amber
well thats wonderful! welcome! you'll fit in nicely about the thread I will look but I'm not sure we have one...

shang
Thanks for the welcome A-K-A!
Yes I wonder how many of us on here watched the writers commentaries on the bonus section of the DMC dvd? It was interesting......especially their take on the Jack/Liz relationship.
I was aggravated with the one writer when he wouldn't say who he felt Jack's compass was pointing to through the whole movie!!!! My friend said Tia.....I said NO WAY!
I hope this doesn't get deleted LOL...cause there is so much I want to talk about, the writers are sort evasive but still giving their feed back on each and every scene pretty much...VERY informing!

a-k-a-amber
well talk away thats what its for smile I will talk until i have to go to my next class so... I will talk lol

r u talking about the part when they are in the bar in Tourtuga and he starts to say something about the compass but the other one interupts with something about Jack Davenport? cause' there I agree! i mean I love Mr.Davenport and all but... I wanna know what they were gunna say. and I can't figure out what they meant when they were on the island and they said thats definitly going to be in three... what do you think?

I also wish they would've told what the fate intervines part was a bout

PirateDiva
Well Welcome aboard shang!!!! another Jack/Liz shipper thats wonderful you'll fit in beautifully here...big grin

Of course i watched the commentaries....i think thats one of the first things a lot of ppl did around here....lol!!!

For the most part i liked the comments but on the other hand like you said it was frustrating because they wouldnt agree!

But I Liked the fact that they admitted that Jack is vexed by Elizabeth!

As a matter of fact i think there is a thread on the commentaries....let me look! But if not we can definatelt continue here no worries!!!

WELCOME!!!big grin

shang
AKA
It's the part of the movie when Jack is rowing away from the cracken and elizabeth sees and calls him a coward, but then he looks at the compass , they don't let us see where it's pointing but he comes back! At this point one of the writers made the comment that they felt the compass ishas been pointing to something specific throughout the movie then he leaves you hanging and says"i better be quiet"!
But I guess that would blow some surprises. The other writer says the he loves the scene because it holds a lot of ambiguity or uncertainty and the watchers can take it where they want!!
Oh boy, then Tia refers to Jack about the compass"Jack doesn't know what he wants, or maybe he loathes what he wants the most " I didn't catch that end of that phrase until the commentaries. Shoot what does he want that much that he hates it.....makes you wonder.

Piratediva thanks 4 the welcome and I think i will fit in nicely also! I was wondering about the commentaries.......because you are absolutly right I know I couldn't wait to see what they had to say about the Jack/Eliz scenes, like when they suggest that they want each other on their own terms when the "marriage" scene came up and they almost kiss...oh and yes the vexing...LOL, it's all kind of obscure though..

the suspense is killing me!!!

It's reminds of a couple on a soap opera I used to love.....sniff sniff

ivebeendepped43
i dont think we have an OFFICIAL commentary one, so plz make one!

ivebeendepped43
oh wait! here it is!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=430380&highlight=DVD+Commentaries+forumid%3A69

shang
ooooh YEEEAHHH!
Thank You so much, now I can look through and see whateveryone thought about it. Where the agrees/disagrees are!

ivebeendepped43
no pro

PirateDiva
Originally posted by shang
AKA
It's the part of the movie when Jack is rowing away from the cracken and elizabeth sees and calls him a coward, but then he looks at the compass , they don't let us see where it's pointing but he comes back! At this point one of the writers made the comment that they felt the compass ishas been pointing to something specific throughout the movie then he leaves you hanging and says"i better be quiet"!
But I guess that would blow some surprises. The other writer says the he loves the scene because it holds a lot of ambiguity or uncertainty and the watchers can take it where they want!!
Oh boy, then Tia refers to Jack about the compass"Jack doesn't know what he wants, or maybe he loathes what he wants the most " I didn't catch that end of that phrase until the commentaries. Shoot what does he want that much that he hates it.....makes you wonder.

Piratediva thanks 4 the welcome and I think i will fit in nicely also! I was wondering about the commentaries.......because you are absolutly right I know I couldn't wait to see what they had to say about the Jack/Eliz scenes, like when they suggest that they want each other on their own terms when the "marriage" scene came up and they almost kiss...oh and yes the vexing...LOL, it's all kind of obscure though..

Oh yes the curiosity scene I love how TnT said that they are challenging each other and they do want each other but on their own terms....but i hated how afterwards they got into the discussion about "what do you think Elizabeth would have done at that point if Jack would have kissed her?" Then one said i think she would have gone for it....and the other was like no i think she would have held herself......They are just messing with us, they want to confuse us.....dam them....lol!

By the way what soap oprera was that?

sparrobethroxmy
hi shang welcome!!! Yes another sparrabeth we have to add to our sparrabeth family!!! im glad to finally say hello and i completely agree with u i think the commentaries were like fake and real at the same time i mean tnt would not want any spoilers in their commentary so i guess they just agreeed to disagree to make us wonder even more they dont want to make it too obvious that jack and liz would go together and i honestly thought that if Jack kissed her on the curiosity scene the whole movie would change like when u first kiss the man or women u love the world fades away and taht happened when liz kissed jack on teh pearl she was completely oblivious of will or the rest of the crew. well i have to go to class now and nice metting u!! hope to ttyl byez!!!

shang
PirateDiva,
Well after reading most of the thread I see the majority of people were thinking that the commentaries were a letdown to the Jack/eliz hookup.
I personally don't see them to be all negative......
I mean come on the majority(especially female) of people are now hooked and waiting to see what's up with these two(not that they are the whole movie or anything)but lovey dovey sells and they know this!
It was clear to me that they aren't just going to totally let the cat out the bag. They even commented how on how AWE there isn't going to be a traditional ending like everyone might expect.

And yes they were playing with words big time on the "marriage scene" dammnit i know what I saw, it was more than how they wanted to lead us to believe. Then they start of the with the whole suggestion that Eliz might be vexing Jack in the beginning of the commentary right when Jack first got on that ship, remember that it was in the very beginning?
What the heck????

I tell you what i better see some rolling around in the hay type scenes this next one ....something ....if not to see them ride off in the sunset it better be something!!!! LOL.

my soap couple was Brenda and Sonny from GH!!! My nerves were so bad when they brought her back on the show after she'd been gone for years to have the come close but not hook them up, I WAS PISSED!!! All that history down the tubes.........

shang
Thanks for the welcome sparrobeth this is really fun,
Exactly they couldn't just do a whole lot to totally change the tone of the movie, and also I not only looked at the Jack/Eliz commentaries but the one of her and Will in the jail and they made the comment that she might be a bit aggravated(i took it as maybe horny??)LOL that the extent of the physical part of their relationship was limited to hours of sword training over the whole year of their courting each other. So hey, and they made the comment that they want us to formulate our own ideas about the characters, what's in their heart, ect....and that's just what we're doing but somethings are just obvious...and I will throw up right there in the theatre if will and liz ride off inthe sunset 2gether. I really like Will but he and eliz just don't make the grade for me not even in the first one!

Hey btw, i remember the writers laughing about when covington made a comment to liz about ex fiance, was the implication of that based on his observation of she and Jack or not? I kind of missed it and I rented the movie so I can't refer back now, I will have to buy it when I get a chance.

shang
On second thought, I guess norington was implying that wil is or will be dead with Davey huh?

that particular scene I must never have paid attention because it also seems like when he made the comment about him wishing he could put the smile onher face blah blah, it seems like she went somewhere else when she said I just trust him that's all. It isn't and still isn't clear. Can someone break it down cause I'm having a waterboy moment.LOL.

I better get off and go pay my bills, this stuff can be addicting!!LOL

a-k-a-amber
AKA

I absolutly hate the fact it doesn't show you b/c IMO I think it could be the deciding factor in wether he loves her or not I men if it was pointing to her then it would kinda be a hint that he DOES love her but if it was pointing to the land then it would show he had other things on his mind

although some would argue that if it pointed to land and he still went back then he really does feel something for her....

a-k-a-amber
Hey btw, i remember the writers laughing about when covington made a comment to liz about ex fiance, was the implication of that based on his observation of she and Jack or not? I kind of missed it and I rented the movie so I can't refer back now, I will have to buy it when I get a chance.

I think it's implying that she is just a man user and kinda targeted at her b/c she hurt him and chose Will now he's seeing her get all smiles and cheers around Jack and is thinking she will do the same thing to Will that she did to him.

a-k-a-amber

Me to! but it will get here I told myself that in February and looky there! we've got DMC so it'll get here before you know it wink

PirateDiva
PirateDiva,
Well after reading most of the thread I see the majority of people were thinking that the commentaries were a letdown to the Jack/eliz hookup.
I personally don't see them to be all negative......
I mean come on the majority(especially female) of people are now hooked and waiting to see what's up with these two(not that they are the whole movie or anything)but lovey dovey sells and they know this!
It was clear to me that they aren't just going to totally let the cat out the bag. They even commented how on how AWE there isn't going to be a traditional ending like everyone might expect.

And yes they were playing with words big time on the "marriage scene" dammnit i know what I saw, it was more than how they wanted to lead us to believe. Then they start of the with the whole suggestion that Eliz might be vexing Jack in the beginning of the commentary right when Jack first got on that ship, remember that it was in the very beginning?
What the heck????

I tell you what i better see some rolling around in the hay type scenes this next one ....something ....if not to see them ride off in the sunset it better be something!!!! LOL.

my soap couple was Brenda and Sonny from GH!!! My nerves were so bad when they brought her back on the show after she'd been gone for years to have the come close but not hook them up, I WAS PISSED!!! All that history down the tubes.........

No i get what you mean.....they better give us something....lol! Ya i think at first ppl thought it was a let down but theres one thing u have to know in this sight is that we have our ups and we have our downs....but we always keep the faith that Jack/Liz will happen! LOL....no seriously sometimes everyone on this sight has complete breakdowns....lmao!

I dont think the commentaries are all that bad....i think the fact that they are trying to confuse us is good! Just means that they are trying to hide something or mislead us!

Brenda and Sonny....lol....i dont watch GH but my friend is a huge GH fan....and she has told me all about Sonny and Brenda!!! lol

sparrobethroxmy
lol tnt confusing us so true they are leading us on a wild adventure! i personaly think we will find out who liz chooses before the movie comes out i mean it clearly shows that is a huge deal all around the world and eventually we will find out i just hope very soon. if they can't agree on certain stuff in their commentaries then u know they are hiding something and it has to be a huge spoiler i wish we can see DMC the extended version just to see what is the cause of not having deleted scenes on teh dvd is all about. They say there was a small kiss between jack and liz and more on the compass and more on the three way sword fight. i am a big soap opera fan too and well i dont think ive ever seen GH

shang
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
I think it's implying that she is just a man user and kinda targeted at her b/c she hurt him and chose Will now he's seeing her get all smiles and cheers around Jack and is thinking she will do the same thing to Will that she did to him.

Really so I take it he was watching the whole thing then! Wow that's more fuel to add to the fire...LOL

shang
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
Me to! but it will get here I told myself that in February and looky there! we've got DMC so it'll get here before you know it wink

I cannot wait!!! It coming in May right?

shang
Originally posted by PirateDiva
No i get what you mean.....they better give us something....lol! Ya i think at first ppl thought it was a let down but theres one thing u have to know in this sight is that we have our ups and we have our downs....but we always keep the faith that Jack/Liz will happen! LOL....no seriously sometimes everyone on this sight has complete breakdowns....lmao!

I dont think the commentaries are all that bad....i think the fact that they are trying to confuse us is good! Just means that they are trying to hide something or mislead us!

Brenda and Sonny....lol....i dont watch GH but my friend is a huge GH fan....and she has told me all about Sonny and Brenda!!! lol

Yeah it is very nervewracking!! You really want the writers to stay true to the storyline, which is why they can't just totally throw those two away!

Causing confusion is definitly what they had to do, they just can't give up all the goods.

Brenda and Sonny.......they were THEE couple to watch! Your friend is a friend to me if she was pulling for Son and Bren!!LOL

shang
Originally posted by sparrobethroxmy
lol tnt confusing us so true they are leading us on a wild adventure! i personaly think we will find out who liz chooses before the movie comes out i mean it clearly shows that is a huge deal all around the world and eventually we will find out i just hope very soon. if they can't agree on certain stuff in their commentaries then u know they are hiding something and it has to be a huge spoiler i wish we can see DMC the extended version just to see what is the cause of not having deleted scenes on teh dvd is all about. They say there was a small kiss between jack and liz and more on the compass and more on the three way sword fight. i am a big soap opera fan too and well i dont think ive ever seen GH

I agree, there unable to agree or kind of blowing the other's comments off is definitly a tell all.
It's okay though....we have no choice but to wait and see!!
Extended version..where what who and when?

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by sparrobethroxmy
Me too I used to watch "One Life To Live" I was a big Todd and Blair Shipper. I still love them even thought the actor that played Todd is now on "As The World Turns" he plays Paul Ryan. I stop watching that too cause it started to get a little stupid. What soaps do you watch sparrobethroxmy?

PirateDiva
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
Me too I used to watch "One Life To Live" I was a big Todd and Blair Shipper. I still love them even thought the actor that played Todd is now on "As The World Turns" he plays Paul Ryan. I stop watching that too cause it started to get a little stupid. What soaps do you watch sparrobethroxmy?

Even though this question wasnt directed towards me...i'll answer it anyways...lmao!!!

I watch DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!! LOL!!

shang
LOL
My sister is a Days of Our Lives fanatic!!!!!
Though I gave up on the soaps, GH had always been my favorite...but I do remember another power couple imo was Max and Gabrielle from OLTL!! Loved them in their heyday!

I guess that's why I like Liz/Jack so much they seem to be fit for each other....just like some of the power couples in the soap....

I can't really think off the top of my head any other movie that I wanted the couple to really get together......
maybe Forrest Gump(Jenny&Forrest) but it was only because he loved her so....she was terrible for him though sad

sparrobethroxmy
i am a greys anatomy fan! this show is like hilarious on relationships! girl finding boy girl finds boy married girl gets dumped by boy for his wife girl has major meltdown sleeps with other boys, boy that left her is mad for sleeping with other boys he still loves her divorces his wife for cheating with his best friends and goes back to girl, but one more problem she has to choose between one guy him or the vet and goes on dates that gets ruined by the other guy and finally chooses her first guy and now they are together! *breaths* there are other relationship problems but i dont want to run on forever and if you were a fan you would know what i mean i am a huge GREY/Mcdreamy ship! they are almost as hot as jack and liz being together!

-savvychick-
LMAO....i watch Days of our Lives toobig grin

just thought i'd throw that in there

PirateDiva
LOL
My sister is a Days of Our Lives fanatic!!!!!
Though I gave up on the soaps, GH had always been my favorite...but I do remember another power couple imo was Max and Gabrielle from OLTL!! Loved them in their heyday!

I guess that's why I like Liz/Jack so much they seem to be fit for each other....just like some of the power couples in the soap....

I can't really think off the top of my head any other movie that I wanted the couple to really get together......
maybe Forrest Gump(Jenny&Forrest) but it was only because he loved her so....she was terrible for him though sad

I Know Jack and Liz are the Power Couple....like you would call a couple on a soap....lol!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.