Superman & Savage Hulk vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
Who?

hunbu04
superman alone can take thanos but in this forum dc characters r underestimated like say thor can own darkseid or savage hulk can own darkseid or dr strange can own the phantom stranger who is an abstract entity in dcu

darthgoober
Originally posted by hunbu04
superman alone can take thanos but in this forum dc characters r underestimated like say thor can own darkseid or savage hulk can own darkseid or dr strange can own the phantom stranger who is an abstract entity in dcu
No way is Supes soloing Thanos. Even the DC fans will tell you that.

hunbu04
thanos is just a copy by darkseid but without the omega effect and if supes can solo darkseid than why not thanos

Supreme being
thanos is just a copy by darkseid but without the omega effect and if supes can solo darkseid than why not thanos

Because unlike darkseid Thanos doesnt job. Also bear in mind that if your from DC eventually your going to get an ass whopping from Superman its an initiation didnt you know.

darthgoober
Gladiator is just a copy of Supes, so if Cannonball can beat Gladiator does that meant that he can beat Supes also?

roughrider
(yawn) Thanos.

OneDumbG0
Granted, I think Superman would not beat Thanos. At least, not through any orthodox means, like pummeling with super-strength or even flying Thanos through a sun and beating him up. Thanos took on friggin Odin.

But Thanos himself has admitted being intimidated by the Hulk, especially Savage Hulk. His words were something like he feared such a confrontation in the 'Thanos Quest.' For if the Hulk's strength grows and grows without limit, eventually Thanos' shields would not withstand it. I can see Superman holding Thanos with all his might and Hulk beating on him til he broached the shields and actually pulped Thanos himself. The two of them alone and separate, I doubt they could accomplish that... but the two of them together? Why not?

roughrider
Thanos has fought a dozen of Earth's most powerful heroes at once, and was holding his own just fine.
He's handled Drax as well, and he was like a cosmically powered Hulk in his prime.

Howard_Jones
How much crap did Thor have to amp himself with to take out Thanos again?

roughrider
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
How much crap did Thor have to amp himself with to take out Thanos again?

A whole lot.

It took me a long time to comes to terms with why Thanos is so tough to beat, but I accept it now. He wasn't a favourite of mine when I started reading comics.

bigbran
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
But Thanos himself has admitted being intimidated by the Hulk, especially Savage Hulk. His words were something like he feared such a confrontation in the 'Thanos Quest.' For if the Hulk's strength grows and grows without limit, eventually Thanos' shields would not withstand it. I can see Superman holding Thanos with all his might and Hulk beating on him til he broached the shields and actually pulped Thanos himself. The two of them alone and separate, I doubt they could accomplish that... but the two of them together? Why not? I don't even care about the outcome of this battle.
But, why does everyone use that example as to why Hulk could stand up to Thanos?
Hulk has admitted to being weaker than Surfer, so, is Hulk really the strongest, there is?
I'm just going to use examples like that, everytime someone brings up that stupid example.

How about some proof, instead of statements? Sentry stalemated Galactus. Spider-Man could break Wolverine's neck. Hulk is the strongest in Marvel. Surfer is stronger than Hulk.

Thanos is afraid of Hulk, even though he has took on whole armies, took on Death's minions, wasn't afraid of Mephisto, stood up to Odin, stood up to Galactus, stood up to Omega, stood up to the damn Death God, never showed fear in all of those.
But instead, he is afraid of Hulk.
Great job ace.Originally posted by Howard_Jones
How much crap did Thor have to amp himself with to take out Thanos again? Odin Powered armor, Belt of Power. He wouldn't have done it, if Thanos was actually concentrating on him. He broke the Stone, and that is when he was able to hurt Thanos.
In the end though, it was a clone...

Wally West
Thanos never used the word 'fear' when talking about Hulk, he said it was a confrontation he sought to avoid. And that was before he had ever encountered Hulk so it was all speculation, since then he has never had any trouble with Hulk so I don't see why people bring it up. "Strange, leash your dog, or I will", thats how he talks about Hulk these days.

StarsNeverFall7
Hulk has alot of potential, but on Thanos level he is not. Same goes for Supes.

Thanos ftw.

Bentley
Thanos wins, somewhat easily. Hulk is a non-factor and he can really take Supes.

I never liked the story of Darkseid losing against Superman, it ruined the character for me. I lost my respect for DS after that, and until retconned he is no more than a chump in my eyes (I'm not delusional either, he kicks Silver Surfer whenever he wants to, he is not a chump against everyone).

Anonimator
Superman and Savage Hulk!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by roughrider
Thanos has fought a dozen of Earth's most powerful heroes at once, and was holding his own just fine.
He's handled Drax as well, and he was like a cosmically powered Hulk in his prime.
Didn't Thanos have an outside powerup like the Guantlet? He didn't exactly beat all those heroe's under his own power. He retained the guantlet and only depowered himself enough for thier to be an actual battle. It never said he depowered himself all the way back down to his original lvls. He isn't that stupid.

Galan007
Thanos destroys the other 2

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Didn't Thanos have an outside powerup like the Guantlet? He didn't exactly beat all those heroe's under his own power. He retained the guantlet and only depowered himself enough for thier to be an actual battle. It never said he depowered himself all the way back down to his original lvls. He isn't that stupid.

That battle gets weirded out on KMC all the time...

Some people say he operated "On an individual plane" (Huh?)

Some say he only used the power gem (Where did they get that from?)

What he actualy did was use the infinity gauntlets full power, but no cosmic awareness or ESP, just his five senses. This allowed them to take him off gaurd.

DigiMark007
Forget the IG arc entirely. Thanos' history still speaks for itself (it's actually surprising how little most people know besides IG when they talk about Thanos). And he rolls through this fight, just like he's punked Surfer and many other on more than one occasion (it takes him a bit of time, but he's never straining himself).

MattDay
when darksied lost to superman, that was superman unleashing, this could very well happen against thanos, that's the only thing I don't like about superman is that he will if pushed far enough will 'let loose' so to speak, thanos might end up losing if he gets cocky, and there's hulk to fend off while superman fights in lightspeed terms, he has got a hand full when they fight full out

supervenom
Thanos Reigns!

bigbran
Originally posted by King Kandy
That battle gets weirded out on KMC all the time...

Some people say he operated "On an individual plane" (Huh?)

Some say he only used the power gem (Where did they get that from?)

What he actualy did was use the infinity gauntlets full power, but no cosmic awareness or ESP, just his five senses. This allowed them to take him off gaurd. I think they got it, by Thanos saying it in his own words?

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9402/depoweredye7.th.jpg
Time Gem, Space Gem, Reality Gem, Mind Gem, Soul Gem. That is what he cut off.
He was only using the Power Gem.

Irrelevent anyway.

LordFear
Originally posted by bigbran
I don't even care about the outcome of this battle.
But, why does everyone use that example as to why Hulk could stand up to Thanos?
Hulk has admitted to being weaker than Surfer, so, is Hulk really the strongest, there is?
I'm just going to use examples like that, everytime someone brings up that stupid example.

How about some proof, instead of statements? Sentry stalemated Galactus. Spider-Man could break Wolverine's neck. Hulk is the strongest in Marvel. Surfer is stronger than Hulk.

Thanos is afraid of Hulk, even though he has took on whole armies, took on Death's minions, wasn't afraid of Mephisto, stood up to Odin, stood up to Galactus, stood up to Omega, stood up to the damn Death God, never showed fear in all of those.
But instead, he is afraid of Hulk.
Great job ace. Odin Powered armor, Belt of Power. He wouldn't have done it, if Thanos was actually concentrating on him. He broke the Stone, and that is when he was able to hurt Thanos.
In the end though, it was a clone...

Thanos understands the true potential of Hulk dude. Seems that you have it out for Hulk. How do you stop stopping that gets stronger as it goes on? I mean all these other guys, Thanos figured out their weaknesses. Wouldn't you avoid fighting a being that seems to get stronger as you pummel him? That's just logical on Thano's part

Soleran
superman alone can take thanos but in this forum dc characters

Just stop the madness and don't post this tripe nonsensesmile

bigbran
Originally posted by LordFear
Thanos understands the true potential of Hulk dude. Seems that you have it out for Hulk. How do you stop stopping that gets stronger as it goes on? I mean all these other guys, Thanos figured out their weaknesses. Wouldn't you avoid fighting a being that seems to get stronger as you pummel him? That's just logical on Thano's part He has already made him look like a child...

And oh please! Hulk has been taken out by far less. He isn't unbeatable.
Here is brute strength:
Doc Sampson, Abomination, Surfer has even thrown him around, Thor fought him for an hour with no hammer (certainly Thanos isn't stronger than Thor...), Namor, Hercules, etc.

All of those people have fought Hulk in h2h, some have even beaten him, with brute strength. They are all weaker than Thanos too... hmmm...

Thanos also said that once, and now people use that as evidence as to why Hulk can beat Thanos?

You don't get it do you? Thanos has shown no fear in beings like Odin, but you expect me to believe that Thanos would actually avoid a battle with Hulk? That is not even close to logical on Thanos's part, that isn't even in character!

Also, when did this thread turn into Thanos just fighting Hulk in h2h? He has blasts, you know? He has telepathy, you know? He has shields, you know? He has matter manipulation, you know? Etc.

LordFear
He has already made him look like a child...

And oh please! Hulk has been taken out by far less. He isn't unbeatable.
Here is brute strength:
Doc Sampson, Abomination, Surfer has even thrown him around, Thor fought him for an hour with no hammer (certainly Thanos isn't stronger than Thor...), Namor, Hercules, etc.

All of those people have fought Hulk in h2h, some have even beaten him, with brute strength. They are all weaker than Thanos too... hmmm...

Thanos also said that once, and now people use that as evidence as to why Hulk can beat Thanos?

You don't get it do you? Thanos has shown no fear in beings like Odin, but you expect me to believe that Thanos would actually avoid a battle with Hulk? That is not even close to logical on Thanos's part, that isn't even in character!

Also, when did this thread turn into Thanos just fighting Hulk in h2h? He has blasts, you know? He has telepathy, you know? He has shields, you know? He has matter manipulation, you know? Etc.

Listen if you are gonna attempt to discredit me then get your sources right. I ask you if Abom has ever defeated Savage Hulk? You tell me with facts to back up the amount of people you have seen in the MU that has whupped Savage Hulk? You tell me that so I can shoot you down.
I am sick of coming in these threads and people disrespecting Hulk for whatever reason.

darthgoober
Listen if you are gonna attempt to discredit me then get your sources right. I ask you if Abom has ever defeated Savage Hulk? You tell me with facts to back up the amount of people you have seen in the MU that has whupped Savage Hulk? You tell me that so I can shoot you down.
I am sick of coming in these threads and people disrespecting Hulk for whatever reason.
Calm down. Are you a writer for Hulk or something?(And by the way, Thanos could beat the shit out of the Hulk without breaking a sweat.)

LordFear
And dude don't you think if Thanos said what he said, then obviously its for a reason?
So obviously Thanos or the writers know something that we don't about Hulk's potential. Thanos is a planner, strategist. When you lock in battle without prep against Savage Hulk, chances are you are going down buddy unless if you are out of this world

darthgoober
And dude don't you think if Thanos said what he said, then obviously its for a reason?
So obviously Thanos or the writers know something that we don't about Hulk's potential. Thanos is a planner, strategist. When you lock in battle without prep against Savage Hulk, chances are you are going down buddy unless if you are out of this world
Yeah, the reason was that Thanos was going by hearsay, and in Marvel just about everyone is like "Oh shit, it's the Hulk!". But when Thanos actually encountered the Hulk, he B*TCH slapped him.

LordFear
Originally posted by darthgoober
Calm down. Are you a writer for Hulk or something?(And by the way, Thanos could beat the shit out of the Hulk without breaking a sweat.)

Nice fanboyism buddy. Awesome. Man I miss those days when you mentionned the word Hulk and people actually gave props to him. Instead they find any reason to dump on greenie. Well whatever floats!!!

darthgoober
Nice fanboyism buddy. Awesome. Man I miss those days when you mentionned the word Hulk and people actually gave props to him. Instead they find any reason to dump on greenie. Well whatever floats!!!
Your arguing that Hulk could take Thanos, and you have the unmitigated gal to call ME a fanboy?! laughing out loud

bigbran
I am sick of coming in these threads and people disrespecting Hulk for whatever reason. I know my sources.
I don't bullshit, and if I am not sure about something, I will say it.

Read the first appearance of Abomination and Hulk.
Here, since I don't have scans.
http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/gammaattacks/attack2.html#hulkvsabomination1

Next time, don't apprach me like an ass hole. Don't accuse me of lying.

So obviously Thanos or the writers know something that we don't about Hulk's potential. Thanos is a planner, strategist. When you lock in battle without prep against Savage Hulk, chances are you are going down buddy unless if you are out of this world Wolverine had admitted that Spider-Man can break his neck.
Don't you think if Wolverine said what he said, then obviously its for a reason?

So basically, you think that Wolverine can break adamantium?
That is how much weight statements carry.

You say I discredit Hulk, and yet you say that he can beat anyone?
You see, this is bullshit right here. You approach me with hostility, and then you go on to overate Hulk, and get mad at me, for telling the truth?

Do you know anything about Thanos, or Hulk for that matter? Bannerless Hulk couldn't even hurt Surfer... hmm...

dvampire

Supes will solo Thanos.

The team wins, unless Thanos is given prep.

LordFear
I know my sources.
I don't bullshit, and if I am not sure about something, I will say it.

Read the first appearance of Abomination and Hulk.
Here, since I don't have scans.
http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/gammaattacks/attack2.html#hulkvsabomination1

Next time, don't apprach me like an ass hole. Don't accuse me of lying.

Wolverine had admitted that Spider-Man can break his neck.
Don't you think if Wolverine said what he said, then obviously its for a reason?

So basically, you think that Wolverine can break adamantium?
That is how much weight statements carry.

You say I discredit Hulk, and yet you say that he can beat anyone?
You see, this is bullshit right here. You approach me with hostility, and then you go on to overate Hulk, and get mad at me, for telling the truth?

Do you know anything about Thanos, or Hulk for that matter? Bannerless Hulk couldn't even hurt Surfer... hmm...

You show me where I said he can beat anybody. I dare you to find that quote pal.
Second. do you know what a neck is? it is just a series of interlocking small bones locked together and fused with ligaments, and tendons. Spiderman's strength sufficiently pissed off can snap Logan's neck like a twig. Its not the adamantium he is breaking but the connections. Furthermore Spidey knowcks out Firelord. So he can't snap Logan's neck ?

darthgoober
Originally posted by dvampire
Supes will solo Thanos.

laughing out loud

bigbran
You show me where I said he can beat anybody. I dare you to find that quote pal.
Second. do you know what a neck is? it is just a series of interlocking small bones locked together and fused with ligaments, and tendons. Spiderman's strength sufficiently pissed off can snap Logan's neck like a twig. Its not the adamantium he is breaking but the connections. Furthermore Spidey knowcks out Firelord. So he can't snap Logan's neck ? Well, I was a little wrong...
When you lock in battle without prep against Savage Hulk, chances are you are going down buddy unless if you are out of this world
But.. this is still redicules. Doctor Strange, Sentry, Blackbolt, etc?
You do know Thanos is out of this world?

His neck is still harder than a normal humans, and he still has admantium covering all his bones.
How do ligaments connect to adamantium anyway?

"Furthermore Spidey knowcks out Firelord. So he can't snap Logan's neck ?"
Go read the forum rules, and then come back to me on that...

Also, good thing, you completely ignored the point that you asked for...

Soleran
Supes will solo Thanos.

When you say solo Thanos are you referring to Superman "servicing" Thanos by himself?

LordFear
Well, I was a little wrong...

But.. this is still redicules. Doctor Strange, Sentry, Blackbolt, etc?
You do know Thanos is out of this world?

His neck is still harder than a normal humans, and he still has admantium covering all his bones.
How do ligaments connect to adamantium anyway?

"Furthermore Spidey knowcks out Firelord. So he can't snap Logan's neck ?"
Go read the forum rules, and then come back to me on that...

Also, good thing, you completely ignored the point that you asked for...

Yes of course his neck is stronger than a normal man's my point is the neck is not a difficult thing to break. You ever heard of a thing called a joint?I ain't talking about weed, bro. I mean you ask anybody with the intelligence of an ameba who went to high school and they know that joints are easily broken. So snapping a neck is nor a hard feat as you are trying to make it sound like. We all know that when a character has sufficient adrenaline pumped in him, he can do some stuff. Do I need to prove that to you to?
wHY do you reiterate what I said and then tell me to go read more threads? Do you actually take what's said in here as factual? This is a debate forum, what is said here is not what's written in stone and I could care less what people think they know as being factual. You should have told me to go read more comic books, but whatever floats man

bigbran
Yes of course his neck is stronger than a normal man's my point is the neck is not a difficult thing to break. You ever heard of a thing called a joint?I ain't talking about weed, bro. I mean you ask anybody with the intelligence of an ameba who went to high school and they know that joints are easily broken. So snapping a neck is nor a hard feat as you are trying to make it sound like. We all know that when a character has sufficient adrenaline pumped in him, he can do some stuff. Do I need to prove that to you to? OK, how does the joint connect to adamantium? Wolverine isn't comparable to us. Use all the real world you want, but this is comics.
I'm not sure, but I think that someone way, stronger than Spider-Man has failed to break Wolverine's neck. So, where would that place Spider-Man?

wHY do you reiterate what I said and then tell me to go read more threads? Do you actually take what's said in here as factual? This is a debate forum, what is said here is not what's written in stone and I could care less what people think they know as being factual. You should have told me to go read more comic books, but whatever floats man Umm, because it is common sense? If Spider-Man has failed to KO someone like Thing, but he can KO someone like Firelord, and he has more showings against people like Thing, what does that tell you?
It goes agaisnt all of Spider-Man's other showings.

I never told you to go read more threads, I told you to go read the rules.
Like most of us have already done, and follow.

Also, duh, it is the rules of this board. Your going right against the rules.
I never said anything about factual, or anything, just another way to tell you how much bullshit, Spider-Man beating Firelord is.
Do you know what rules are? Do you know, that you are supposed to follow them?
Spider-Man vs Firelord is against what you are claiming right now.

Soujaboy
I want someone to create a Wolverine and Spiderman thread vs Superman thread and witness how the masses complain.

Pitiful, Thanos 10/10

Kid Kurdy
Hulk : not as strong as Thanos, but it won't take long for Hulk to surpass Thanos's strength.

Superman : wow, Superman is way stronger than Thanos (who has no real strength feats by the way). Superman alone can and will give Thanos a very very serious run for his money.

I ask the Thanos worshippers one thing : what has Thanos done with only brute strength, that Hulk or Superman can't do also ?

Kid Kurdy
I think they got it, by Thanos saying it in his own words?
This is funny, when Thanos says something cool, it MUST be true, but when he says he avoids Hulk, the Thanos worshippers try to twist and turn his own words (Yeah but what he really wanted to say was...)

He avoids Hulk. There's a reason for it. Learn to live with it.

You are a liar or just ignorant. Your choice.

I'm gonna explain it ONE more time. He cut off the input of the gems in such a way he was no longer omniscient. But the other powers of the gems were still working just fine.

Or can he turn adamantium into rubber by just looking at Wolverine with only the power gem ? Or can he turn asgardian Gods in lego blocks ? Put forcefields around Cyclops' head ? Throw Drax and Hulk back in time ? Turn himself into a giant ?

Wow, and all that with - according to you - just the power gem... laughing

Soleran
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
This is funny, when Thanos says something cool, it MUST be true, but when he says he avoids Hulk, the Thanos worshippers try to twist and turn his own words (Yeah but what he really wanted to say was...)

He avoids Hulk. There's a reason for it. Learn to live with it.

Oh, thanks for the enlightenment roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wally West
Or can he turn adamantium into rubber by just looking at Wolverine with only the power gem ? Or can he turn asgardian Gods in lego blocks ? Put forcefields around Cyclops' head ? Throw Drax and Hulk back in time ? Turn himself into a giant ? Yes he can do those things with the power gem. He has turned a Skrull to stone without any gems, so why not turn adamantium to rubber if that power is augmented by the power gem? Same for Thor to glass and Nova to blocks, its just an example of his matter manipulation powers augmented to limitless levels. He put Odin inside a forcefield thats exactly the same as the one he put around Cyclops, without any gems or tech. His teleportation tech allows for movement around the timestream , so sending them back in time isn't out of the question either if he has limitless power to back it up.

Kid Kurdy
Nice counter argument.

OneDumbG0
I agree with Kid Kurdy 100%. Thanos used all of his Infinity Gems, except maybe the Mind Gem, for utilizing that presupposes seeing other opponents' minds or attacking them which would give him a glimpse of their minds anyway. The Power Gem by itself cannot be used to turn Thor into glass. Whoever came up with that absurdity is sniffing industrial strength glue.

Even if you contest that he could do all those things with the Power Gem, one feat you cannot possibly ignore is his throwing a few heroes back into the time of the dinosaurs. Show me how his teleportation allows him access through the time stream, ever. Spatial teleportation has nothing to do with temporal displacement. He cut off sensory input from those relevant gems. He didn't want to feel the ebb of reality change, he didn't want to sense spatial disturbances, he didn't want to see the future, he didn't want to read people's minds or souls. He didn't cut off complete use of those gems. Read the scan.

And Thanos calling Professor Hulk a dog means diddly squat against Savage Hulk. So if you really want to weigh all statements equally, I think it's fair to say that Thanos thinking to himself, would have no reason to lie or self-posture. He doesn't want to tangle with Hulk, deal with it. Even if you had the power of Thanos, would you want to confront someone who gains strength without limit? Look at the the 'Infinity Quest' where he takes on Champion w/ Power Gem. Thanos simply stands there as a bluff taking on increasingly greater punches on his forcefield. Right when the forcefields are at their breaking point, his bluff works and Champion gives up, not knowing he was about to break them. It's pretty simple, and my hypo still works: Superman contains him, Hulk pounds til Thanos' shields are broken.

darthgoober
I agree with Kid Kurdy 100%. Thanos used all of his Infinity Gems, except maybe the Mind Gem, for utilizing that presupposes seeing other opponents' minds or attacking them which would give him a glimpse of their minds anyway. The Power Gem by itself cannot be used to turn Thor into glass. Whoever came up with that absurdity is sniffing industrial strength glue.

Even if you contest that he could do all those things with the Power Gem, one feat you cannot possibly ignore is his throwing a few heroes back into the time of the dinosaurs. Show me how his teleportation allows him access through the time stream, ever. Spatial teleportation has nothing to do with temporal displacement. He cut off sensory input from those relevant gems. He didn't want to feel the ebb of reality change, he didn't want to sense spatial disturbances, he didn't want to see the future, he didn't want to read people's minds or souls. He didn't cut off complete use of those gems. Read the scan.

And Thanos calling Professor Hulk a dog means diddly squat against Savage Hulk. So if you really want to weigh all statements equally, I think it's fair to say that Thanos thinking to himself, would have no reason to lie or self-posture. He doesn't want to tangle with Hulk, deal with it. Even if you had the power of Thanos, would you want to confront someone who gains strength without limit? Look at the the 'Infinity Quest' where he takes on Champion w/ Power Gem. Thanos simply stands there as a bluff taking on increasingly greater punches on his forcefield. Right when the forcefields are at their breaking point, his bluff works and Champion gives up, not knowing he was about to break them. It's pretty simple, and my hypo still works: Superman contains him, Hulk pounds til Thanos' shields are broken.
Yes but the "Professor" Hulk was the one that was around when Thanos made that statement. So that would mean that "Professor" Hulk was the one that he was referring to. Now what makes sense to me, is that Thanos may have been put off by the hype surrounding the Hulk, but the Hulk just didn't live up to his expectations.

juggernaut66666
Even if you had the power of Thanos, would you want to confront someone who gains strength without limit?
Yeah I would turn him into stone. no expression

OneDumbG0
Yes but the "Professor" Hulk was the one that was around when Thanos made that statement. So that would mean that "Professor" Hulk was the one that he was referring to. Now what makes sense to me, is that Thanos may have been put off by the hype surrounding the Hulk, but the Hulk just didn't live up to his expectations. An eminently reasonable response. However, when you closely read what Thanos intimated in the 'Thanos Quest,' what he wished to avoid was the Hulk's ability to grow stronger and stronger without limit. Professor Hulk never came close to Savage Hulk levels. During Peter David's run, you would see glimpses of it, but to my knowledge, you never saw Professor Hulk go full-blown savage mode. So I agree with what you said. He heard the hype of Savage Hulk, understood what that meant to him but confronted Professor Hulk and was not impressed. So it still stands, Thanos never wanted to deal with a being who could augment his strength limitlessly.

BTW, I'm not familiar with the Thanos turning a Skrull to stone feat. Anybody wanna point me to the comic or is nice enough to describe the circumstances? He used his technology or some underused power I'm not aware of?

Soujaboy
An eminently reasonable response. However, when you closely read what Thanos intimated in the 'Thanos Quest,' what he wished to avoid was the Hulk's ability to grow stronger and stronger without limit. Professor Hulk never came close to Savage Hulk levels. During Peter David's run, you would see glimpses of it, but to my knowledge, you never saw Professor Hulk go full-blown savage mode. So I agree with what you said. He heard the hype of Savage Hulk, understood what that meant to him but confronted Professor Hulk and was not impressed. So it still stands, Thanos never wanted to deal with a being who could augment his strength limitlessly.

BTW, I'm not familiar with the Thanos turning a Skrull to stone feat. Anybody wanna point me to the comic or is nice enough to describe the circumstances? He used his technology or some underused power I'm not aware of?

Champion with the pg is stronger than Savage Hulk...

Evangel94
There's "limitless" potential.

And then there's reality.

One person can only get so angry. erm

darthgoober
An eminently reasonable response. However, when you closely read what Thanos intimated in the 'Thanos Quest,' what he wished to avoid was the Hulk's ability to grow stronger and stronger without limit. Professor Hulk never came close to Savage Hulk levels. During Peter David's run, you would see glimpses of it, but to my knowledge, you never saw Professor Hulk go full-blown savage mode. So I agree with what you said. He heard the hype of Savage Hulk, understood what that meant to him but confronted Professor Hulk and was not impressed. So it still stands, Thanos never wanted to deal with a being who could augment his strength limitlessly.

Look, I'll admit that an ULTRA pissed off Savage Hulk would be able to take Thanos if it came down to a h2h confrontation IF Thanos didn't amp up his own strength with cosmic energy. However, the fact remains that at the end of the day, Hulk is a one trick pony. People like the Super Skrull and Thor have a hard time with Hulk, because they always end up getting into it physically with him(which is where the intergalactic hype comes from). However if they went all out and used all of the abilities at their disposal, I honestly don't think that they would have all that difficult of a time dealing with him. And by the same token, if Thanos tried to fight an enraged Savage Hulk using less than his full potential, he would have a hard time also. But we're not talking about that kind of match here. This is a match where Thanos wants to win in the easiest manner possible. Which means that even an enraged Hulk goes down after Thanos lets loose with several blast like the one that blew Galactus out of his ship.

HULKSTER04
It would definitely take the both of them at their peak to match Thanos, especially if Thanos used his powers.

MR.Grum
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Even if you had the power of Thanos, would you want to confront someone who gains strength without limit?
Yeah I would turn him into stone. no expression thumb up yes

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Champion with the pg is stronger than Savage Hulk...
Not when we compare feats...

Wally West
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/CaptainMarvel26i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/CaptainMarvel26ii.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/CaptainMarvel26iii.jpg

Kid Kurdy
However, the fact remains that at the end of the day, Hulk is a one trick pony.
That's not true. He's not only one of the strongest beings of the Marvel Universe, he has also amazing speed, an incredible healing factor and a skin that can withstand nuclear blasts. He is resistant to telepathic attacks, can breathe under water, jumps from continent to continent, can see astral forms...

Hulk - classic Hulk, Savage Hulk, whatever - is also a fighting machine.

Yes, very very true. But exactly the same thing can be said about Thanos.

If Surfer tried to fight Thanos with his brains for a change (using his speed for example, his famous cosmic awareness) instead of coming real close and surfing right into his fists or cosmic blasts, Thanos wouldn't be able to even touch Surfer.

Wrong. Forum rules : each combatant is fighting to the fullest of his abilities. Not only Thanos. Hulk and Superman want to win also.

Don't give Thanos advantages because "he wants to win in he easiest manner possible." There is no easy way against these two.

That's what you say. I'm not so sure. And before you say : Hulk has been knocked down by far less - true - but he also has walked through much worse - also true.

There's not enough Hulk knowledge here on these threads. That's the problem.

juggernaut66666

Have you seen what Bannerless Hulk did to Surfer?Nothing.
He was punding on him Surfer didn't even felt it.While Thanos was able able to beat Surfer to death.
Thanos>>>Silver Surfer>>>>Strongest version of Hulk

Kid Kurdy
Have you seen what Bannerless Hulk did to Surfer?Nothing.
Come again ? The only victory of Surfer that I know, is in Hulk 250 (Savage Hulk I think), and that was because Surfer absorbed the gamma radiation.

Not that long ago, they fought again, and Hulk pretty much kicked Surfer around. Hulk also fought Surfer and Namor at the same time, and did well. And in Planet Hulk, he almost kills Surfer.

Mindless Hulk also has fought Wonderman, She-Hulk, Hercules, Namor, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and a few other Avengers at the same time, and he was Kicking Ass !!! That was after he beat the living daylights out of Doc Samson.

Thor is considered Surfers equal. Guess who has beaten Thor quite a few times ?

Oh, and last but not least, Thing has knocked down Surfer. Hulk >>>>> Thing.

You see people, it isn't as simple as it looks.

bigbran
This is funny, when Thanos says something cool, it MUST be true, but when he says he avoids Hulk, the Thanos worshippers try to twist and turn his own words (Yeah but what he really wanted to say was...) Oh, but this is completely different. Not even comparable.
Thanos explained what he was doing, in the IG.
He made one comment about Hulk in his mind, and now people use that as examples for Hulk beating Thanos.

He avoids Hulk. There's a reason for it. Learn to live with it. Oh, jeeze, he must really be scared of Hulk...
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2702/theend2ub1.th.jpg

He certainly avoids Hulk...
http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/3760/theend3je6.th.jpg

You are a liar or just ignorant. Your choice. Oh, so me saying what happened in the IG, is me being a liar, or ignorant, because there isn't even remotely the chance of me being right, and your 100% correct?
Ego?

I'm gonna explain it ONE more time. He cut off the input of the gems in such a way he was no longer omniscient. But the other powers of the gems were still working just fine. How does that work? Does the Soul Gem make him omniscient? Why would he cut off the input of the Soul Gem? Why would he cut off the Space Gem? It just doesn't make sense.
He even said he would retain limitless power (ala Power Gem), but he wouldn't be able to see there next move.

Even if you are right, he still completely depowered himself to really low levels. He was weakened either way.
But, I still stand by what I say, and if that is you throwing insults around, then so be it.

Or can he turn adamantium into rubber by just looking at Wolverine with only the power gem ? Or can he turn asgardian Gods in lego blocks ? Put forcefields around Cyclops' head ? Throw Drax and Hulk back in time ? Turn himself into a giant ?

Wow, and all that with - according to you - just the power gem... laughing Wally answered this.

juggernaut66666
Come again ? The only victory of Surfer that I know, is in Hulk 250 (Savage Hulk I think), and that was because Surfer absorbed the gamma radiation.
Maybe because Surfer didn't wanted to kill Hulk but as he said he could easily disintegrade him.

Not that long ago, they fought again, and Hulk pretty much kicked Surfer around. Hulk also fought Surfer and Namor at the same time, and did well. And in Planet Hulk, he almost kills Surfer.
Maybe because Surfer was weakened didn't had access to the power cosmic and was mind controlled and Hulk attacked him when Surfer has already stopped fighting.

Mindless Hulk also has fought Wonderman, She-Hulk, Hercules, Namor, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and a few other Avengers at the same time, and he was Kicking Ass !!! That was after he beat the living daylights out of Doc Samson.

He still got beaten and Surfer is till above those guys.

Maybe because Thor was fighting like an idiot. Show me a scan of Thing knocking out Surfer.

bigbran

You see people, it isn't as simple as it looks. Surfer beat him another time, when Hulk couldn't breath in space, and Surfer had to take him back to Earth. This is character development too, something I will get to later...

Oh, was this when Surfer was cut off from the power cosmic, and Hulk attacked him from behind, when Surfer finally gained awareness?
Some win...

That was Mindless Hulk. He was beaten by being BFRed. He was stronger than normally, since all the guys he fought, gave him a hard time by themselves, and then he was able to fight them all at once.

Thor's hammer is considered his equal. They aren't comparable, Surfer and Thor to whom they fight. One actually uses his power often, the other doesn't and just whacks things, in crossovers. Thor and Hulk end up stalemating without Thor's hammer, with Thor's hammer, Hulk stomps Thor... hmmm...
Thor is more h2h, Surfer is more, of fly around and blast shit up.

Character development. Wasn't that around the time when Thing was considered one of the strongest in Marvel? Also, Surfer beat Abomination in h2h, around that time too. Surfer was weakened too. I think it was classic Abom too, the one who stomped Hulk.
Do you think Thing, would be able to do the same thing nowadays?

Yes it is. Surfer absorbs the radiation out of him. Surfer has too many powers, to beat anyone with a weakness.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Wally West
Yes he can do those things with the power gem. He has turned a Skrull to stone without any gems, so why not turn adamantium to rubber if that power is augmented by the power gem? Same for Thor to glass and Nova to blocks, its just an example of his matter manipulation powers augmented to limitless levels. He put Odin inside a forcefield thats exactly the same as the one he put around Cyclops, without any gems or tech. His teleportation tech allows for movement around the timestream , so sending them back in time isn't out of the question either if he has limitless power to back it up.
So wrong... so wrong...

Wally West
Explain why.

Wally West
Before you do I'll just explain my reasoning. A couple of quotes from Thanos' Quest:

"The gem's (power) wearer can tap into this reservoir to augment ANY force it wishes to utilize"

"I used the gem of power to augment your jewel's plant growing abilities to levels you never dreamt of"

"It (power gem) draws strength from ends of infinity. It enables thought to be become reality"

The power gem does not just increase physical strength, it can be used to increase the power of any force the user wishes to use, such as the Gardener's plant growing powers. The most common application of the gem is to augment physical strength (Drax, Champion, Thor) etc, but that is not its only use (if it were, the gem would not be able to power the other gems such as Soul, Time, Space, Reality, which are not physical), Thanos could use it to augment his existing powers to limitless levels, we have seen him turn flesh to stone before, rearrange the Fallen One's brain on an atomic level, so he has matter manipulation powers, if they were enhanced to limitless levels, turning Thor to glass is not out of the question.

I never said he was using just the power gem, I just said the things we saw him do would be possible with just that gem. I do think its most likely he was using just that gem though, as I think there is a bigger difference between the power of Thanos we saw fighting Earth's heroes and the Thanos at full power fighting the abstracts than just some sort of pre-cog and knowing his opponent's next move. I could be wrong, feel free to point me to any comics/quotes/scans that prove it.

Wally West
Unrelated to my previous post, but on the subject of Thanos fearing the Hulk and trying to avoid him, he does a really lousy job at it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/quasar38i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/quasar38ii.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/quasar38iii.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/quasar38iv.jpg

Quasar puts up a dome between the Watch and the other heroes, Thanos on one side and Hulk on the other. Who is the one who breaks the dome purposefully and declares "Now, a fight they want? A fight they'll get!", then goes straight for Hulk and Thing to smash their heads together? The Mad Titan. Really quaking in his boots I'm sure.

I've already pointed out in other threads before the comment he made about avoiding the Hulk would have been refering to his pre-death days, since he made the comment very soon after being resurrected. He was vastly more powerful after his resurrection and has had no problems with the Hulk since then.

MR.Grum
thanos wins no expression

hulk10
Bump

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by MR.Grum
thanos wins no expression

dvampire

Supes is soloing Thanos.

juggernaut66666
Supes is soloing Thanos.
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

dvampire
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Supes solo Thanos. no expression

juggernaut66666
Supes solo Thanos. no expression
In your dreams fanboy.

dvampire
In your dreams fanboy.

In your dreams jackass! smile

juggernaut66666
In your dreams jackass! smile
Care to explain how is Superman going to "beat" Thanos?
I rember last time you said that Despero would beat Surfer...... laughing

dvampire
Care to explain how is Superman going to "beat" Thanos?
I rember last time you said that Despero would beat Surfer...... laughing

Care to explain how Thanos is going to beat Superman?

IU still think despero beats the crap out Surfer, he'll do alot worse than what Thor and Thanos did to him.

juggernaut66666
Thanos can absorb his life force for instance......

dvampire
Thanos can absorb his life force for instance......

Show me scans of Thanos absorbing a persons life force? He's never had the ability to take souls now, unless he's using the soul gem.

juggernaut66666
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5064/energy21vd1.jpg

dvampire
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5064/energy21vd1.jpg

He didn't drain their souls. It looks like he just drain energy from them, but none that made them helpless. Supes not an energy being and is protected by his bio aura field; that and he's way faster than Thanos.

I think a 100 punches (probably less than that with the strength Supes is packing) a sec will end the fight before it get stated.

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman65614oa2.jpg

dvampire
Sorry double post!

juggernaut66666
On the scan he aborbs one's life force and give is to the other so that he becomes stronger.You think Superman's punches would hurt him???Oh please.....
Thanos has taken blast from enraged Surfer ,Genis Vell without out being scratched him.As for his blast those can easily destroy planets
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9133/fight12uy7.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1365/energy291ol2.jpg
also he could turn Supes into stone
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7739/energy11ai6.jpg
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5862/energy12cv2.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2796/energy13wj3.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3057/energy14ov5.jpg

dvampire
On the scan he aborbs one's life force and give is to the other so that he becomes stronger.You think Superman's punches would hurt him???Oh please.....
Thanos has taken blast from enraged Surfer ,Genis Vell without out being scratched him.As for his blast those can easily destroy planets
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9133/fight12uy7.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1365/energy291ol2.jpg
also he could turn Supes into stone
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7739/energy11ai6.jpg
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5862/energy12cv2.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2796/energy13wj3.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3057/energy14ov5.jpg

Supes is immune to transmutation. And yes I do think Supes punches will hurt (and kill Thanos). Thanos isn't immune to physical attacks.

Especailly when he's fighting a guy who can destroy planets and repair a tear in reality with his hands.

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realityfixng9.jpg

Punches like that combined with a speedbiltz will make short work of Thanos.

juggernaut66666
Ok it's obvious you don't know anything about Thanos. Momently I'm to tired to waste my time on you maybe tomorrow....

dvampire
Ok it's obvious you don't know anything about Thanos. Momently I'm to tired to waste my time on you maybe tomorrow....

I do know about Thanos (who doesn't nowadays, he's so popular). You seem to insult people alot when ever you're at a disagreement with what someone. I still think Supes wins by himself, period.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.