Lobo vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurash
Lobo, not the form that can create duplicates of himself from a drop of blood vs. Silver Surfer

Galan007
Originally posted by Kurash
Lobo, not the form that can create duplicates of himself from a drop of blood vs. Silver Surfer Meh, Lobo lost that ability anyway...

As for this battle,

Surfer 10/10

Kurash
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, Lobo lost that ability anyway...

As for this battle,

Surfer 10/10

ya but theres usually always one person who brings it up

Galan007
Originally posted by Kurash
ya but theres usually always one person who brings it up laughing out loud

Very true

db_renji
Lobo lost that ability? When? I think that's good, b/c that was bullshit.

Galan007
Originally posted by db_renji
Lobo lost that ability? When? I think that's good, b/c that was bullshit. Yeah he lost that ability quite a while ago, it was taken away by Vril Dox.

He is still completely immortal though, in "52 #20" Lobo regenerated from nothing but a pool of blood. laughing out loud

Juntai
Yeah he lost that ability quite a while ago, it was taken away by Vril Dox.

He is still completely immortal though, in "52 #20" Lobo regenerated from nothing but a pool of blood. laughing out loud No, he never lost it. He just didn't use it.
In Our Worlds' at War, he cloned himself.
One of his clones ended up joining Young Justice as "Slobo"

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
No, he never lost it. He just didn't use it.
In Our Worlds' at War, he cloned himself.
One of his clones ended up joining Young Justice as "Slobo" How did he clone himself?

Juntai
How did he clone himself? He cloned himself into an army from drops of blood while he was pretty much taking on the whole of Apocalypse by himself. The Young Justice happened to be there, and one of the clones hightailed it, afraid of when Lobo would hunt him down to eventually become the only Main Man again.

Galan007
He cloned himself into an army from drops of blood while he was pretty much taking on the whole of Apocalypse by himself. I thought that was before his cloning ability was taken away..

Im not positive though (Lobo isnt a favorite of mine).

Juntai
I thought that was before his cloning ability was taken away..

Im not positive though (Lobo isnt a favorite of mine). No, his clone ability was taken away several years before that.
They decided to bring back his clone ability as if he never lost it, but never tried to use it, as a way to make him return to full size.
In one story that spanned pretty much the whole DC-Earth, the children were turned into adults, and the adults were turned into kids.
This is when they rearanged Superboy's DNA to give him the ability to reflect his age, because he was stuck at the age of 16, so the magic was tearing him apart.
Lobo, once changed by such powerful magic, became pretty much immune to magic, as he does any attack that is used on him. So at the end of the story, he was the only being stuck as a kid.
Thus, when he cloned. He returned to full size.

Galan007
No, his clone ability was taken away several years before that.
They decided to bring back his clone ability as if he never lost it, but never tried to use it, as a way to make him return to full size.
In one story that spanned pretty much the whole DC-Earth, the children were turned into adults, and the adults were turned into kids.
This is when they rearanged Superboy's DNA to give him the ability to reflect his age, because he was stuck at the age of 16, so the magic was tearing him apart.
Lobo, once changed by such powerful magic, became pretty much immune to magic, as he does any attack that is used on him.
Thus, when he cloned. He returned to full size. Ohhh ok.

I knew it was taken away, but I didn't know that DC basically gave it back to him... So I guess Vril taking away the cloning ability was retconned in a sense.

-Thanks for the info

Juntai
Well, it was... and wasn't.
In the issue when it was taken away, Vrill infected some of his CLONES with the virus to take away the ability.. but never the Main Man.
It finally came down to two Lobo's one infected, and one not.. and they never showed the true winner on pannel.

Galan007
Well, it was... and wasn't.
In the issue of Lobo when it was taken away, Vrill infected some of his CLONES with the virus to take away the ability.. but never the Main Man.
It finally came down to two Lobo's one infected, and one not.. and they never showed the true winner on pannel. Cool, thanks for sheding some light on that!

Juntai
Cool, thanks for sheding some light on that! Now you know for next time. big grin

blind faith
Surfer takes it. Lobo is good but Surfer is too fast and durable for him.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by blind faith
Surfer takes it. Lobo is good but Surfer is too fast and durable for him.
Agreed.

King KAM
Lobo's powers vary too much

Lord Urizen
Silver Surfer wins, but Lobo is still kick ass

Rewmac
Surfer can win this.

guy222
norrin

iceman24567
Surfer pounds Lobo into puddy which he should regenerate from.

Board Walker
why you are giving such a high penalty to lobo such as not being able to replicate, I dont know.

But Lobo with no match stipulations takes ss 9/10

one match he loses, then becomes immune to the power cosmic

Ouallada
What?

Board Walker
If lobo didnt have this silly no cloning rule, which takes away alot of his power, he would take ss majority.

Lobo becomes immune to things once they have been used against him.

Ouallada
When is it stated that he became immune to things once they are used against him?

For that matter, where was it stated that he became weaker with cloning?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Ouallada
When is it stated that he became immune to things once they are used against him?

For that matter, where was it stated that he became weaker with cloning?

I dont know issue numbers, but I think some one in this thread does...he has a J in his name....

As for the weakness of cloning thing, Ive never heard of that.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Board Walker
I dont know issue numbers, but I think some one in this thread does...he has a J in his name....

As for the weakness of cloning thing, Ive never heard of that.

I see. I misread your first post.

As for the immunity thing, I'm curious to see it. I'll see whether anyone can give the issues or scans then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.