Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP and GBA (DS?) Sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/2452/fftqjpreviewthgk2.jpg

Source: http://pspupdates.qj.net/Final-Fantasy-Tactics-headed-for-the-PSP/pg/49/aid/76110

Ushgarak
Whoa! Good news. original FFT was damn fine, much as I understand the GBA sequel was rubbish.

BackFire
Not really rubbish, still very good, just not as.

InnerRise
I hated Final Fantasy Tactics for the Gameboy Advance.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

dirkdirden
well looks like its about time I buy the PSP, give my 3 ds's a break.

K73SK
WOO, the only FF game i like!!

dirkdirden
Disgaea PSP will be another title I will get.....when it comes out in america.

Superboy Prime
*____________*

But if it's a port I won't buy a PSP..getting tempting though...MGS Portable Ops, Grand Theft Autos, FFT...Crisis Core...*_*

JKozzy
It's a port, but has new characters (Balthier from FFXII is supposedly making an appearance) and there are new class(es) and wifi multiplayer (not sure if it's local or internet based yet)

Lana
If it's wi-fi, it can be both internet and local.

And this will be pretty damn sweet.

JKozzy
I hope it's both, but who knows these days. Lana, looks like you need a PSP now stick out tongue

Lana
No it doesn't. One single game is not enough to make me want a PSP.

BackFire
Mark my words, the PSP will drastically fall in price by the end of the year.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Lana
No it doesn't. One single game is not enough to make me want a PSP. Playing FF1-9 on there too is reason enough; sorry it seemed you were stoked about this stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
Mark my words, the PSP will drastically fall in price by the end of the year.

Probably.

Originally posted by JKozzy
Playing FF1-9 on there too is reason enough; sorry it seemed you were stoked about this stick out tongue

1-6 I can and play on my DS (already have 3), and 8-12 (minus 11) I own...so yeah, not really stick out tongue

BackFire
I wish Square would release Chrono Trigger for a hand held system, I'd love to play that again.

JKozzy
If you get custom firmware on your PSP, you can just import the FF Chronicles CD in and play it on that stick out tongue

Ushgarak
It's no good for Sony is the PSPs main point becomes things like custom firmware and hardware and what-not. Because that just becomes a piracy sink, and then all a PSP cut would get Sony is less money.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's no good for Sony is the PSPs main point becomes things like custom firmware and hardware and what-not. Because that just becomes a piracy sink, and then all a PSP cut would get Sony is less money.

The DS has the same issues using M3 type products.

Ushgarak
Err, it really doesn't- the last issue Nintendo has with the DS is sales issues.

JToTheP
The DS is selling fine, Ush what are you talking about?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164742.html

dirkdirden
Err, it really doesn't- the last issue Nintendo has with the DS is sales issues.

With an M3 all NDS and GBA game are free. The M3 forum I post on has 300,000+ members and most of them have M3's and thats just people on a forum. It may not affect the DS as much as the ps, but none the less profits are lost due to easy pirating.

Lana
Originally posted by JToTheP
The DS is selling fine, Ush what are you talking about?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164742.html

That's kind of precisely what he just said, if you read his post.

Ushgarak
Yup, JP just needs to read my posts properly, and dirk, all that is spectacularly irrelevant to what I just said. There is absolutely no problem for Nintendo there at all; sales are incredibly strong.

The situation is this- at the point at which the DS had sold 21 million, the PSP had sold 20 million. The DS has widened the gap more now, but the fact is on sheer unit sales the PSP was holding its own.

But on software sales- where the money is made- the PSP was, is, and almost certainly always will be being annihilated. At the point of the 20 vs 21 million gap above, the DS had four out of the top five selling games in japan, including the number one. The PSP only had one in the top 20.

Conclusion? people were buying the PSP, but they sure as hell weren't shelling out for games and movies on it. The ease of PSP piracy is a major contributory factor to this. And that means that Sony simply was not making any money. Cutting the prince of the PSP won;t change that if piracy remains so easy.

But the DS has HUGE games sales. The piracy issue, in comparison, is almost totally irrelevant. So this IS an issue for the PSP and not the DS. End of.

Lana
They've actually discontinued making UMD movies, if I remember correctly. No one was buying, and why would they if they can simply save movies off their computer onto a memory stick?

Ushgarak
Yes, the format is being shut down, and indeed, ease of piracy was almost certainly an issue there.

dirkdirden

But the DS has HUGE games sales. The piracy issue, in comparison, is almost totally irrelevant. So this IS an issue for the PSP and not the DS. End of.

Yeah in comparison the piracy of the DS is nothing compared to the PSP, and the most of the pirates wouldn't buy the games they pirate anyways.

Lana
The FF game for PSP is out June 13th in the US, apparently.

Or so the big book of doom at my store says, anyway stick out tongue

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Lana
The FF game for PSP is out June 13th in the US, apparently.

Or so the big book of doom at my store says, anyway stick out tongue

Does your big book of doom smell a PSP price drop by then as well. becuase I am going have to get that game so I will have to buy a PSP, aslo does it have a date for crisis core.

Lana
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Does your big book of doom smell a PSP price drop by then as well. becuase I am going have to get that game so I will have to buy a PSP, aslo does it have a date for crisis core.

Nope and nope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.