terry on the compass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Posted by Terry on Tuesday, 12 December 2006, at 10:54 p.m., in response to The compass discussion on the DVD, posted by NJ on Tuesday, 12 December 2006, at 7:13 p.m.

>> After listiening to the DMC commentary I don't agree with Ted and Terry
>> about the compass. They keep disagreeing with each other.

Not really. There is only one way that the compass can properly work. The movie unfortunately wasn't shot or cut in such a way that is consistent with the one way the compass can work. That's the source of disagrement; how to best interpret what is essentially a mistake.

a-k-a-amber
whoa! thats confusing....

so what is the mistake? messed

It shows what you want... right? NOT your hearts desire... right isn't that what they said?

PirateDiva
I know they said its what u want most right?

ok that totally confused me....they are still doing it.....ahhhhhhhh....stop confusing us TnT!!!! lol

katelovespirate
hahahaha i know thats precisely what i thought upon reading it. i was hoping you guys could sort it out for me.

my thoughts were that they had probably had to cut scenes which gave away too much info from the third film, but went into greater depth explaining the compass or clarifying where it pointed. however, no amount of added info could account for the fact that T and T very clearly disagreed on where the compass was pointing at several times in the commentary.

willofthewisp
Wait, I'm confused. You'res saying they wanted the compass to only show what you want, yet a line got snuck into the movie that says the compass shows what you WANT THE MOST?

CaptinJackLover
huh!? im terribly terribly terriblye confuzzled...sumone explain pweaz confused

katelovespirate
once again, the compass is a macguffin. let's leave it at that.

watch the kiss in slow mo. tongue like you wouldn't believe. tongues don't lie.

CaptinJackLover
i know! it was probably all keira, cuzwe all know Johnny was uncomfortable with doing it! (but it sure as heck didnt seem like it)

katelovespirate
no all the tongue you can see is Johnny lol

CaptinJackLover
HAHAHAH mmmm hes so yummy i wish that tongue was mine laughing out loud

savvysparrow
What I got out of that is that essentially, though the compass wasn't explained properly in the movie, what is important is what Elizabeth thought it meant. It doesn't matter whether the compass was pointing at the chest the entire time, or whether it was pointing at Jack. What is important is that SHE thought it was pointing at Jack, which means that there's something going on with Elizabeth and her relationship with Will.

PirateDiva
All I can say is that they are driving me insane!

sparrobethroxmy
wow that is good new i heard all day!!! and i agree it makes total sense!

sparrobethroxmy
Originally posted by PirateDiva
All I can say is that they are driving me insane!

me too!!

Chiki Mina
I think that the dissagreement they have against eachother is the "not to tell too much about the compass" argument. What I mean is that one of them is like "you're giving to much depth in this compass".

One of them probably is trying to confuse us so it wont be a mayor spoiler in AWE. Im might be totally wrong.

CaptinJackLover
I dont think ur totally wrong Mina. I agree. they wanted to give us a slight hint but they began to hint it a bit too much i guess so they had to cover it up with the only hting they could. and thats confusion. They dont want all of us to expect or KNOW that somehting will happen in the movie. They wnat people to be shocked and HAPPY. So by confusing us with the compass they get us to think in our not normal ways and think of what wont happen when it really will happen. make sense? lol

calypso
Yea, like TnT's comment that the sword that Will made Norrington is alleged to have mystical powers. The sword scene where Norrington gets his sword back had to be cut in DMC because of length. I think it was just another misdirection by them.

Somewhere in these threads I said they contradict each other or argue over various points of DMC, I wondered who really wrote the thing.

IheartPocky
Mystical powers? WHAT?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.