Johnny's Golden Globe Nom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vegaofthelyre
for POTC DMC!! Go Johnny! big grin

(Sorry if this thread has been posted before)

savvysparrow
Thank you! Nobody else was bringing it up! I'm so happy for him, and shocked. Not that Johnny isn't fabulous, but most of the critics really bombed DMC. Oh well, hoorah Johnny!

katelovespirate
Did he really? good! he deserves it. i really think he should pull in best actor for AWE, since his part is going to be taking on such dramatic new levels. wink

i hope he gets the globe. that would be awesome. i swear, that kiss alone should win the award.

vegaofthelyre
I was surprised by the nom too! But to be strictly honest, the critics did bomb DMC but most were pretty gracious towards Johnny himself... they just had issues with how long the film was, etc.

I'm just happy because this means Johnny will be attending the Globes. I just love seeing him and Vanessa on the red carpet. stick out tongue

savvysparrow
And he'll hopefully be wearing a tux! Granted, he looks great in everything, but the nice part about the Oscars when he was nominated for Finding Neverland was seeing him all dressed to the nines. Sorry, ok I'll bring it back...I wonder if Geoffry Rush will get nominated for AWE next time around...

katelovespirate
Oh i hope so. Rush deserves it. Depp and Rush should both win for AWE> i have this feeling its going to be flipping amazing.

willofthewisp
Yay! With Johnny down, now Keira, Jack, and Geoffrey should follow.

IheartPocky
Yay!!!!!! I hope he wins.

Yeah i think Rush should be nominated next time too. he is soo good.

PirateDiva
Ya I'm super Happy for Johnny his Nominated for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical

against
Sasha Baron Cohen "Borat"
Will Farell "Little something"
and other peeps

im just super sad because they completely overlooked DMC....they all deserve it....i just dont see how the biggest movie of the year who has hit the the BILLION DOLLAR CLUB can be thrown to the side like that!!!sad

willofthewisp
That's what I don't get about Golden Globes. Sure, POTC is really funny, but it's primarily an action movie, so I guess that just gets grouped into comedy rather than drama. I think of the people mentioned, Johnny stands a good chance.

IheartPocky
They should have an adventure category! eek!

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ya I'm super Happy for Johnny his Nominated for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical

against
Sasha Baron Cohen "Borat"
Will Farell "Little something"
and other peeps

im just super sad because they completely overlooked DMC....they all deserve it....i just dont see how the biggest movie of the year who has hit the the BILLION DOLLAR CLUB can be thrown to the side like that!!!sad

Borat got nominated?! i htink thats stupid...its not good enough quality to deserve an award i am mad.

but superly duperly excited for Johnny! he is the best!!!

sailorleo
i doubt he's gonna win it honestly....F'in acadamy....

PirateDiva
Originally posted by sailorleo
i doubt he's gonna win it honestly....F'in acadamy....

WeLL im Hopeful....A performance like Johnnys doesnt come around very often.....the academy really needs to remove the stick up all their asses and seriously give it to Johnny! they already screwed up by putting DMC aside!

sailorleo
omg! i just had a genius idea! WE COME UP WITH OUR OWN AWARDS SHOW FOR POTC! EH eh eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tee_pirategirl
OMG that's SO BRILLIANT sailorleo you should start a thread...I really think u should.

plus I'm really happy for Johnny...he deserves it he should totally win and I hope he at least gets nominated for the oscars. and yeah geoffrey and jack and...deserve an awards as well. the whole movie deserves an award..I hope it wins best picture. I think it was unfair that Johnny didn't win an oscar for finding neverland...he will hopefully win this time

willofthewisp
Was Finding Neverland really good? It looks good.

calypso
Johnny was nominated for GG, People's Choice, Screen Actor's Guild, Oscar and several others for COTBP and only won the Screen Actor's Guild award.

I have already been seeing the Oscar and GG award ads. I was just surprised that Keira, and Orlando didn't get nominated for anything. Keira had a brutal, physical part in DMC and shoud have been nominated.

Johnny should have been nominated last year for Libertine. What a great dramatic role. You forget that you are watching Johnny Depp play a role. He is so convencing that you believe he IS John Wilmot.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Was Finding Neverland really good? It looks good.

its really crisp. well made. Johnny was very believable but his performance isnt exactly at the level of Captain Jack. Kate Winslet is an angel, though it's a bit odd seeing her playing a slightly older character.

plus the whole film is kind of tragic, historical, beautiful but driven by emotions.

I certainly don't watch it for fun.

a-k-a-amber
Finding Neverland is one of my favorite movies not only b/c i LOVE peter pan but b/c it just isn't something he does all the time its VERY dramatic but it's got an air of... i dunno nobility... its just really good I for one was bawlling at the end

IheartPocky
I love that movie, finding neverlandsmile

Johnny was soooooooo good in it.

I wonder who is in the Hollywood Foriegn Press?

Chiki Mina
I think the best drama movie from Johnny was What's Eating Gilbert Grape

IheartPocky
ooo i havent watched it yet but we rented it yesterdaysmile

Chiki Mina
I got it in Suncoast. I have seen that movie many times since I was llittle. I have been watching Johnny movies since I was 5.

IheartPocky
Awe I wish i could say the same. I think the first johnny movie i remember watching was Chocolat.

ivebeendepped43
first johnny movie................i dont really remember. it was...i think corpse bride or finding neverland......im not realy sure actually. those were the first ones that i actually knew who Johnny was when I watched them

Bwa Ha Ha
my first was sleepy hollow.....but i only watched the first 1/3 of it.....the first complete watch was POTC: COTBP

a-k-a-amber
well technically the first one i watched WAS POTC but... *ashamed* I hated it and made my brother go watch it on his room but then my BF (luv u johnny!) made nono forced me to watch it and now he wishes he hadn't...*grin*

(and yes Johnny is my bf's name) (ironicly)

Bwa Ha Ha
woah lol

a-k-a-amber
how many johnny movies have you seen?

The corpse bride
edward scissorhands
secret window
pirates of the caribbean the curse of the black pearl
pirates of the caribbean dead mans chest
..... WOW I think thats all ive seen...

*gasps*

Bwa Ha Ha
*gasps back*

SH
COTBP
DMC
SW
ES
NOT
FN
OUATIM
CB
EW
CATCF
BLOW
B&J

All that. Ummm...... could someone please go on the 'Our Pirates Story' thread?

IheartPocky
hmmm

Secret Window.
Pirates1
Pirates2
Edward Scissorhands
Finding neverland
charlie and the chocolate factory
blow
once upon a time in mexico
donnie brasco
Chocolat
Nick of Time
platoon

and.. i thinkthats it smile

a-k-a-amber
man... I feel bad.. OH!

ive seen crybaby! yes! yes!

PirateDiva
I'Ve Seen:

Secret Window
Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates: Dead Mans Chest
Edward Scissorhands
Finding Neverland
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Blow
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Donnie Brasco
Chocolat
Nick of Time
The Libertine
Don Juan De Marco
Benny & Joon
Cry Baby
The Man Who Cried
Astronouts Wife
The Corpse Bride
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Hmmmm i think thats it!
I Love Johnny....I Have Most of his movies and im still collecting! smile

Hambah
Hmm
I've seen parts of:
Edward Scissorhands
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Secret Window
I've seen all of:
POTC 1
POTC 2
Chocolat
The Corpse Bride
Finding Neverland

IheartPocky
Oh I forgot Benny & Joon

calypso
PirateDiva I have seen all you have seen, plus and I know you will love this, 'Before Night Falls' in which he plays a mean prison guard with a wrench in his pants and a transvestite named BonBon.

Chiki Mina
I watched platoon when I was little. To be honest I watched it because charlie sheen was there lol. I used to watch alot of war movies with my dad.

Anyways I'm missing Benny and Joon and Chocolat, mmm...the Man Who Cried. And the Brave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.