Rock Howard & Terry Bogard Vs Ryo Sakazaki & Marco Rodriguez

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

brainchild81
Rock Howard & Terry Bogard Vs Ryo Sakazaki & Marco Rodriguez

Fight takes place right outside the Sakazaki dojo in front of some students with 30 day free trial memberships

Emperor Ashtar
Terry kills everybody.

brainchild81
vote

Emperor Ashtar
You need to make matches that involve the star kof characters.

brainchild81
What are you talking about?! I got Ryo here. He's the biggest star in KOFsmile Seriously though, I'm trying to broaden my own horizons. There are others to choose from.

Sado22
...if Marco's bear friend joins the fray, Ryo and team are the winnersad
not much you can do against a karate bear
~Sado

olympian
A karate bear owns everyone.

And whose side has it, huh? Who?

Thats rigth, peeps. Sakazaki school of fame wins once again.

(Btw, what the heck is happening on the Figthers Generation site? I cant see a single picture).

brainchild81
I see everything fine. This match will be a fair one because Marco's bear is busy doing a show T.V. show to promote the school in Poland w/one of the more advanced students and a harsh female critic of Kyokugen Karate. I have proof, the show can be seen here. & there's footage of Terry giving a Karate bear a lesson during the period when Terry traveled the world as a fisherman/streetfighter. As you can see here, Terry's hands on method of training didn't just apply to humans. He wanted to be sure he was ready for literally anything.

Emperor Ashtar
BIG L wins... smile

Swe_Bum
I think this is kinda unfair match.. Terry and Rock are "Godlike" stick out tongue

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
I see everything fine. This match will be a fair one because Marco's bear is busy doing a show T.V. show to promote the school in Poland w/one of the more advanced students and a harsh female critic of Kyokugen Karate. I have proof, the show can be seen here. & there's footage of Terry giving a Karate bear a lesson during the period when Terry traveled the world as a fisherman/streetfighter. As you can see here, Terry's hands on method of training didn't just apply to humans. He wanted to be sure he was ready for literally anything.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing damn U Brainchild you are making me laugh again...this sh!t is too damn funny.

Sado22
you mean you never go to MY site?sad
~Sado--heartbroken grasshopper

olympian
I already know the site for quite the time, but i check it once in a while to see the updates.

Problem is, currenty as pictures go, all i see are red X`s.

Maybe its a problem with my browser..

brainchild81
Must beOriginally posted by P-Geyser
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing damn U Brainchild you are making me laugh again...this sh!t is too damn funny. smile When they mentioned the bear, my mind was flooded w/every instance of a connection between a bear & Karate. Thank god for youtube!Originally posted by Sado22
you mean you never go to MY site?sad
~Sado--heartbroken grasshopper You can make your sig hyperlink now I think

Sado22
on my site? that's strange. let me check
*checks*
no its probably IS your browser, sensei.

hey thanks! i didn't actually remember to do that.
you're a fan of my site! ADMIT IT! evil face

~Sado

brainchild81
smileI was the 1st to mention it here mane. Still waiting for that Iori wallpaper Originally posted by Swe_Bum
I think this is kinda unfair match.. Terry and Rock are "Godlike" stick out tongue laughing Especially when compared to Ryo.

olympian
Originally posted by Sado22
on my site? that's strange. let me check
*checks*
no its probably IS your browser, sensei.

~Sado
Aye, Grasshoper. I will solve it out, during my current journey.

P.S- a link in your sig its a good ideia, we can all check it, while debating about the same theme.

smilelaughing Especially when compared to Ryo.
Brain, you rebel child. It should be "compared to Marco" considering all the others have already won a KOF tournment.

Marco is the one who is still green. The migthy green Butt.

Sado22
may you get the best punani around and further enhance your supreme art...of...nevermindwink

~Sado

brainchild81
Originally posted by olympian
Brain, you rebel child. It should be "compared to Marco" considering all the others have already won a KOF tournment.Nah. It still stands. Ryo, going by the original timeline, ain't won ANYTHING in over 20 years right? It seems he even got his @ss kicked by Gai. The level of competition back then was nothing compared to how it is today. Terry or Rock can both kick his @$$ w/relative ease. It would be cool to find out just how far Marco got in the KOF:MM. I doubt he sucks the way Ryo does but I'd like to be sure.

brainchild81
According to the Kyokugenryu Karate wiki, Marco uses a more advanced & improved form than Ryo does anyway. Ryo sux & Marco probably surpassed him w/the quickness. Marco holds his own, Ryo gets beatdown in under a minute and then Rock & Terry are just too damn much for Marco. The students begin to drop their memberships and ask Terry to train them like he did Rock, the one's who remain ask if they can relocate to Marco's school. Terry takes down the Sakazaki's billboard and burn knuckles a hole through it. Terry starts the new South Town Self Defense Academy & because he likes to help kids admission is only a dollar a month. Days later, Marco's bear returns from Poland and subsequently mauls Ryo to death over a monetary dispute. King marries Marco on the day of Ryo's funeral(which nobody attends). Takuma gives King away & Yuri catches the bouquet. Robert kisses her.

Yuri:I wish Ryo was here.
Robert: Fu*k him! I'm glad his cockblockin' @$$ ain't here no more.
Yuri: I think there's a piece of Ryo in all of us
Marco's Bear: Indeed! *bear uses toothpick and one of Ryo's fingers flies out his mouth*
Everybody laughs like they do @the end of a GIJoe or Thundercats episode. Thank you for playing.

Emperor Ashtar
Ryo & Takuma were experts in "CockBlockken"

olympian
Nah. It still stands. Ryo, going by the original timeline, ain't won ANYTHING in over 20 years right? It seems he even got his @ss kicked by Gai. The level of competition back then was nothing compared to how it is today. Terry or Rock can both kick his @$$ w/relative ease. It would be cool to find out just how far Marco got in the KOF:MM. I doubt he sucks the way Ryo does but I'd like to be sure.
And how many times Ryu won the SF tournment?

And how many times has Iori won the KOF tournment?

The funniest part of the post? You didnt even knew about Buriki One and yet use whatever speculation in order to help your case. Shameful, Brainy. Shameful.

Sado22
^^
sensei, you knwo the story of Buriki one? I don't know anything about it. all i know is Gai from it and Ryo is in it.

~Sado
P.S. your pwnge...i just can't match upsad

olympian
Lets see what he will answer about Iori.

I can tell you rigth away, i only know the basic story of Buriki One. I never played it, since it only came out in Japan.

Its a worlds grappling tournment in wich the main guns of each martial art are there, and it happens in 1999. No magic impacts or whatsoevers, just "real life" moves, like grapple and pins, punches, kicks, submission holds, etc. Ryo as Mr Karate (first appearance of the black gi) represents the respective martial art.

http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/ng64-reviews/Buriki-64/buriki64.html

Besides Gai tendo, you also have the main boss who already showed up in KOF XI. I honestly dont know who won that one. Cannonwise that is. Ryo`s ending of the game its on Youtube for anyone to see...and understand Japaneze.

One day, ill have to take my teachings to Asian shore.

In the end, just chuckling at Brains usual self by using speculation.

Sado22
hey sensei, whose the babe in the end of the screenevil face
also so is RYo's ending is canon? and does that mean he won it?
~Sado

olympian
I cant tell if it is. The ending had him standing in a conference after winning the boss match, and answering to reporters. But for what i know, all the others have it as well. Cant really tell if theres a cannonical ending.

That babe, its a ring girl. The art was used to help promote the game. Smart chaps, they are.

Here are two vids on youtube that i found easily:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIgzAFu2wvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUojlZfJmE

More info and art in this Forum thread:

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8202

You can go to Neo-Geo and do a search with the name game, and some threads like " New B1 player" will have a game Faq.

And just for kicks, while wer at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMm9JAZeuBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_5JhccoMhM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky37K10uc7w&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PSfqb3UNrg&mode=related&search=

Emperor Ashtar
Buriki one is a borrowed from grappler baki, the main character is a grappler who looks just like baki and it just so happens they fight in an underground arena. Cool game though, I like it.

EDIT: is buriki one even canon, ryo is in his 40's in the game.

brainchild81
And how many times Ryu won the SF tournment?smileWe're talking about SNK characters here. Ryu consistently faces a high level of competition. Not winning makes perfect sense as opposed to somehow miraculously beating those far above you.

And how many times has Iori won the KOF tournment?Iori has been interrupted in the FINALS several times hasn't he?. How many times has Ryo even made it to the finals since Iori showed up? You can count the number on one hand and you don't even have to use any fingers. What happened to the strongest style? The level of competition went up & Ryo's performance went down accordingly. Iori'd kill Ryo in any form. Does Ryo even make it to the semis? Quarterfinals?
The funniest part of the post? You didnt even knew about Buriki One and yet use whatever speculation in order to help your case. Shameful, Brainy. Shameful. Save that shame for yourself mane. This coming from the guy who used a fight between a not trying Ryo & a not focused Ryu to "prove" they were in the same tier. Talk about speculation. Get over yourself kid laughing What's really funny is how nobody really knew about B1 because it's not important(been saying this for a while now). SNK usually has the hero win. Gai is the hero of B1(not that ripoff Ryo, he hasn't been a star in over a decade. Even when there's nobody established around, this loser still doesn't shine laughing ). It gives me reason to speculate that Gai won. When quoted, this will say "posted by brainchild81". Make sure you respond to ME. I know how easily you get confused sometimes.smile

Emperor Ashtar
Huh, when did ryu lose to ryo?
Also, is buriki-one even canon or is snk being stupid, again?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Huh, when did ryu lose to ryo? Only in a non-canon comic olympian brought up in an effort to make Ryo look good. Ryu wasn't even focused. Of course Olympian neglected to mention that when he brought it up. Anything to make the ripoff look good I guesssmile Still a good read though

Sado22
that can go both ways, brain. the same can be used to support Ryo and say he doesn't win cuz of higher level of competition...the same reason why Ryu doesn't win any of the later KoF's.
that is another thing that Ryo DID win a kof, and won it fair and square. Ryu won that one SF tournament but that also by a cheap shot. also the Ryo in KoF is toned down Ryo...not Mr. Karate as he should be if we look at the real time line. Terry's 24 in the Kof series, and Ryo is 14 years his senior, making him 38. by now he'd be Mr. Karate and Mr. KArate is almost always a boss character in the games. If its the Ryo he should be, he'd be schooling everyone in a one on one match up....maybe even Terry.

this one is true. iori gets screwed. om 95, he for no apparent reason aside from retarded thinking drops out and lets Kyo advance. in KoF96 though his and Kyo's fight was a draw, Iori's team lost due to his teammates being Ko'd. KoF 97 he went into Riot before his fight could even begin. KoF2001....i don't know. it was K's team that fought Ignitz first and then the rest of the fightesr jumped in. Iori probably got screwed againsad
the thing is, brain, SNK will alwasy come up with one reason or another to make the heroes win. Ryo isn't the hero and so he doesnt win. terry isn't the hero, so he doesnt win. Iori sin't the hero, so he doesnt win. the point "sensei" was trying to make was that Iori was won it as many times as Ryo=0...for all we know, Ryo has been getting screwed the same way Terry and Iori have been. heck, terry is unbeaten THUS FAR but somehow still never won. you get the point. and don't forget, Ryo's school gets tons of new student EVERY YEAR AFTER KOF DUE TO STRONG PERFORMANCE OF THE TEAM. that said, they at least make it to the quarters if not the semis or finals.

Later brain.
~Sado

brainchild81
I've seen nothing @ all of them ever making it to the finals. Quaters or semis is possible. Finals? Hell to the no! He insults Iori by comparing him to a nobody like Ryo. Iori gets way farther than Ryo ever will

Sado22
comparing anyone to anyone is fine, man. i can go and compare bao to iori without anything stopping me. its all a matter of opinion and i don't know whats gotten into you and olympian cuz this is thread is starting to look like as if emperor and i were in it for more than a daysmile
take it easy.
canonwise, AoF team is one of the strongest teams of the series. finals doesn't seem too out of reach for them since their performance was always good enough to make tons of people want to join their gym in both mexico and southtown. so i say they went atleast TILL till the semis on more than one occassion. Also remember that in KoF99, it was Beni's team against Terry's in the finals...untill the whole place collapsed down.
in KoF2000 AGAIN Terry's team made it to the finals and that is where the zero canon BS happened. in KoF 94 it was Kyo's team against Terry's. Same in 95 (possibly luck since Iori droped out, whoknows).

the point i'm trying to make is that Ryo's AoF team is not too much weaker than Terry's if not as good. if anything Ryo's team has been making it to the semis while terry's been making it to the finals. Also don't forget that the semi in KoFMI were between:
terry and soiree
Alba nad Ryo
(they even show these two groups sizing each other up before a fight in the intro itself).
not to mention that on wiki it even said that Terry and Alba beat duke. keeping that aside, PLEASE notice that in a one-on-one type tournament (MI) Ryo made it to the semis. so did Terry, Soiree and Alba. where were Kyo, Iori, K' etc.?
the point is Ryo alwasy has a good performance. evne in MI2 intro, Ryo was schooling Terry for the bulk of the intro. he smacked him like 15 feet away and into a lamp post with a simple kooh-ken. that is a sample of Ryo's power for you. also like i said, if its Mr. Karate Ryo he'll smack everyone...maybe even Terry.
Later dude.
~Sado

olympian
smileWe're talking about SNK characters here. Ryu consistently faces a high level of competition. Not winning makes perfect sense as opposed to somehow miraculously beating those far above you.
And who miraculously won against someone far above its level?

Only in a non-canon comic olympian brought up in an effort to make Ryo look good. Ryu wasn't even focused. Of course Olympian neglected to mention that when he brought it up. Anything to make the ripoff look good I guesssmile Still a good read though
Be a honest boy to Emp. I only brought that example on when you claimed Ryo as a character, always looked bad against anyone, including mangas and the like. Rigth after you saw those images, and while it was appearant that none of the two wer in theyr A game, you tried to downplay whatever it was, by saying Ryo " got lucky". Altho in the end you claimed in another thread they looked about the same level. Wich is the correct answer.

Consistancy, Brainy. Consistancy. You lack some and need focus.

Iori has been interrupted in the FINALS several times hasn't he?. How many times has Ryo even made it to the finals since Iori showed up? You can count the number on one hand and you don't even have to use any fingers. What happened to the strongest style? The level of competition went up & Ryo's performance went down accordingly. Iori'd kill Ryo in any form. Does Ryo even make it to the semis? Quarterfinals?
Save that shame for yourself mane
So...none?

I've seen nothing @ all of them ever making it to the finals. Quaters or semis is possible. Finals? Hell to the no! He insults Iori by comparing him to a nobody like Ryo. Iori gets way farther than Ryo ever will
Technically not, if he won one...

And ok. I wont insult you no more. For now on, ill compare Iori with someone more of his level. Shingo.

Huh, when did ryu lose to ryo?
Also, is buriki-one even canon or is snk being stupid, again?
It was sold as a sort of sequel to AOF. Probably only matters in respect to the AOF-FF timeline. And yes, they got the age wrong. The profile said he was on his 30`s and according to the date it was happening and the date of AOF1 he had to be in his 40`s.

olympian
Buriki one is a borrowed from grappler baki, the main character is a grappler who looks just like baki and it just so happens they fight in an underground arena. Cool game though, I like it.

EDIT: is buriki one even canon, ryo is in his 40's in the game.
I actually think that would be more its accurate age going by AOF1. I think his profile had him at 30`s and werebouts. This is if going by Wiki info.

Also, how many of Buriki One have showed up in the KOF mainstream franchise, including pocket figthers type? Rob Phyton, Gai Tendo, the Kim student and Silber?

Not a shabby representation for a one time game.

comparing anyone to anyone is fine, man. i can go and compare bao to iori without anything stopping me. its all a matter of opinion and i don't know whats gotten into you and olympian cuz this is thread is starting to look like as if emperor and i were in it for more than a daysmile
take it easy.
Fear not Grasshoper. Its all sarcastic skills sharping. Its educative fun.

brainchild81
comparing anyone to anyone is fine, man. i can go and compare bao to iori without anything stopping me.What if I punch him in the face? laughing Nah man. You'll never see me heated over this stuff. He can insult Iori all he wants. He's a fictional character. I'm just saying Ryo ain't in his league & thus Ryo being compared to Iori is an insult to the character of Iori. Compare Ryo to Dan(Is Dan more popular than Ryo?)
its all a matter of opinion and i don't know whats gotten into you and olympian cuz this is thread is starting to look like as if emperor and i were in it for more than a daysmile
take it easy.laughing Nah man. You & Emp went to war. I'm glad to see things calmed down. Me and Oly just like taking jabs.
canonwise, AoF team is one of the strongest teams of the series. finals doesn't seem too out of reach for them since their performance was always good enough to make tons of people want to join their gym in both mexico and southtown. so i say they went atleast TILL till the semis on more than one occassion.You mean @MOST to the semis. Finals ARE out of reach for them, that's why they NEVER make it.
Also remember that in KoF99, it was Beni's team against Terry's in the finals...untill the whole place collapsed down.
in KoF2000 AGAIN Terry's team made it to the finals and that is where the zero canon BS happened. in KoF 94 it was Kyo's team against Terry's. Same in 95 (possibly luck since Iori droped out, whoknows).Terry's also far above Ryo. Terry getting far doesn't make Ryo look any tougher. I said Ryo ain't done s**t in the finals since Iori showed up. Still stands. 100% fact.
the point i'm trying to make is that Ryo's AoF team is not too much weaker than Terry's if not as good.Not as good. Terry's team been in the finals since Iori showed up, so has Iori, Kyo, K' & others. Ryo? Nuh uh. Let's hear it for "the strongest style" that never reaches the finals laughing

if anything Ryo's team has been making it to the semis while terry's been making it to the finals. Also don't forget that the semi in KoFMI were between:
terry and soiree
Alba nad Ryo
(they even show these two groups sizing each other up before a fight in the intro itself).
not to mention that on wiki it even said that Terry and Alba beat duke. keeping that aside, PLEASE notice that in a one-on-one type tournament (MI) Ryo made it to the semis. so did Terry, Soiree and Alba. where were Kyo, Iori, K' etc.?Please link to this because I don't remember seeing that. I've heard nothing of this Ryo in the semis stuff. If Terry & Alba fighting Duke in that comic is canon(kinda wierd for a singles KOF), that still doesn't say anything good for lame-o as he was brutalized by Mignon Bert. Ryo(as Mr.Karate, book says he is even more powerful than Takuma) was doing his best. She toyed with his b**ch @ss and still beat him down. He went for the DVD & she flipped out of it & tossed his nut @ss into a wall. She literally kicked his a$$ w/a smile on his face. She was busy talking about how cute her cat costume was. He's one of the only people that actually got eliminated. & this was age 40+ Mr.Karate Ryo too. So much for him smacking everybody around or getting anywhere near the finals.smile Even funnier that his lame @ss was insulted to have to fight a lil' girl. Rock was kidnapped by Duke during his fight w/Alba & I don't remember Iori doing anything but walking around being pestered by Mignon(Who would later beat the living daylights out of Ryo Suckazaki). I don't remember K' even being there. We shouldn't talk much of MI cuz nothing is certain(except that Ryo sux bigtimesmile).

the point is Ryo alwasy has a good performance. evne in MI2 intro, Ryo was schooling Terry for the bulk of the intro. he smacked him like 15 feet away and into a lamp post with a simple kooh-ken. that is a sample of Ryo's power for you. also like i said, if its Mr. Karate Ryo he'll smack everyone...maybe even Terry.
Later dude.
~Sado Nah. He ain't smacking around anybody. Ryo's always lost to Terry & he always will. Terry can pull off a stalemate w/real fighters like Iori & Kyo, but he beats the piss out of posers like Ryo. Terry was just getting warmed up in that intro. Didn't Terry already beat him as Karate?

brainchild81
Be a honest boy to Emp. I only brought that example on when you claimed Ryo as a character, always looked bad against anyone, including mangas and the like. Rigth after you saw those images, and while it was appearant that none of the two wer in theyr A game, you tried to downplay whatever it was, by saying Ryo " got lucky". Altho in the end you claimed in another thread they looked about the same level. Wich is the correct answer.

consistency, Brainy. consistency. You lack some and need focus.I'll admit that you have consistency. consistency's only good if you're consistently right though. I still feel that Ryo was lucky to fight Ryu in that state. That's my opinion. You said that fight between a non focused Ryu & not trying hard Ryo PROVES they were in the same tier at normal levels. That's just plain crazy broseph laughing You've yet to quote me saying they looked about the same level(Please do. I'd like to see it). Even if I did(was I drunk?smile), it still wouldn't matter. It would just mean not trying Ryo's equal to not focused Ryu. Big deal. Try harder man.smile You still 1st neglected to mention that Ryu wasn't focused. Right?
Technically not, if he won one...We're talking about AFTER Iori showed up aren't we? What sense does it make to talk about stuff he did before the person you're comparing him to showed up? Who's done more and gone farther in KOF since Iori's been there, Iori or nut @ss Ryo? Give me the honest answer please.
And ok. I wont insult you no more. For now on, ill compare Iori with someone more of his level. Shingo.You're insulting Iori(& doing a poor job of itsmile), not me. But since you've brought up Shingo, has he been involved in the finals more than Ryo? We already know Iori has. Like I said, insult Iori all you like. You still won't make lame-o look any better playa potna broseph mane homiesmile

Sado22
heh, if you mess with olympian then prepare for a "master and student double haoshikoken" mane!mad you don't stand a chance against Mr. KMC and his faithful disciple.
Ora ora!

lol, knowing you though you'd probably get a striker attacks from emperor, trickster and darkstorm against me and olympian. 4 on two. not fair...even if its god tiers like me and olympiansmile

it started off with jabbing and then finished with us almost castrating each other. be carefulsmile
that whole thing was funny though. we both were accusing the other of taking it too seriously...at the end of the we figured that BOTH of us got the wrong impression. weird.

it was on wikipedia last time i checked. i think the bit of alba and Terry betaing duke was on either Terry's profile or Alba's. this was sometime ago.
however the bit i'm talking about of the semis is from the intro of MI2 itself. i'm sending you the pic of Alba and Ryo as the size each other up. clearly a hint to the semis fight as they are shown to be on a collision course. and notice how Alba the stronger one is paired aginst Ryo, while Soiree is paired agaisnt Terry. or maybe its only cuz they wanted the final to be between Terry and Alba. notice that Soiree didn't win the tournament and didn't even get to fight alba. so it must be the semis.
Kyo and Iori were in the tournament but didn't go far enough.
to sum it up:
terry, ryo, soiree and alba were the ones who fought in the semis. Alba and Terry fought in the finals. even in MI2 Alba and Terry have a special intro agaisnt each other where Alba (from the 60% of japanese that i can speak and understand) is asking Terry to show him what his legend is all about. Terry responds that his legend is still going and won't stop (his legend as "unbeatem wolf"wink. i you think about it, why would alba and terry have a special intro in MI2 and not in MI? if the rumors of Terry and duke beating faggoty Duke is true then this makes all the sense in the world.
agin the bit of the semis is from the intro itself.
Later brain.
~Sado
this pic is of Terry and Soiree facing up from MI intro.

Sado22
and this is of Alba and Ryo facing up.
notice that they already sort of foreshadow how Alba and Terry will face in the finals and are also on a collision course.

~Sado

brainchild81
They were smart about it too. They basically put Terry & Alba against folks they were guaranteed to beat the s**t out of smile I doubt there will ever be anything showing Iori or Kyo getting eliminated. You know how KOF does. They probably fighting Orochi again. Headed to youtube to look for this entire intro, what makes you so sure those were the semis though?

olympian
I'll admit that you have consistency. consistency's only good if you're consistently right though. I still feel that Ryo was lucky to fight Ryu in that state. That's my opinion. You said that fight between a non focused Ryu & not trying hard Ryo PROVES they were in the same tier at normal levels. That's just plain crazy broseph laughing You've yet to quote me saying they looked about the same level(Please do. I'd like to see it). Even if I did(was I drunk?smile), it still wouldn't matter. It would just mean not trying Ryo's equal to not focused Ryu. Big deal. Try harder man.smile You still 1st neglected to mention that Ryu wasn't focused. Right?
No. I said that between one guy who lacked the confidence and another who was dissapointed by that very reason, they seemed equalish. Purely because Ryo knowing that his opponent wasent at his best, went at it easy. So far its the only match between the two, so until they have a real match they look about in the same tier.

We're talking about AFTER Iori showed up aren't we? What sense does it make to talk about stuff he did before the person you're comparing him to showed up? Who's done more and gone farther in KOF since Iori's been there, Iori or nut @ss Ryo? Give me the honest answer please
Honestly? You are talking about the post appearances Iori. I on the other hand asked when did he won a Kof tournment wink

Not that you are totally wrong, to your credit. I concead perfectly that he has *more* competition nowadays. But the one he had before was fierce as well, and akin to the one Terry had. And in the end the winning record speaks for itself.

You're insulting Iori(& doing a poor job of itsmile), not me. But since you've brought up Shingo, has he been involved in the finals more than Ryo? We already know Iori has. Like I said, insult Iori all you like. You still won't make lame-o look any better playa potna broseph mane homiesmile
Im a honorable sensei, Brainy. I may insult the character but not the lover of the character. And Shingo is still a bad comparation? Ok. Bao, then.

heh, if you mess with olympian then prepare for a "master and student double haoshikoken" mane!mad you don't stand a chance against Mr. KMC and his faithful disciple.
Ora ora!

lol, knowing you though you'd probably get a striker attacks from emperor, trickster and darkstorm against me and olympian. 4 on two. not fair...even if its god tiers like me and olympiansmile

it started off with jabbing and then finished with us almost castrating each other. be carefulsmile
that whole thing was funny though. we both were accusing the other of taking it too seriously...at the end of the we figured that BOTH of us got the wrong impression. weird.

True enough i dont think it will come to the point of almost "castrating each other", between me and Brainy (that is so..Greek). We just happen to sarcastic deal with opposite sides of the ring. He hates a character that happens to be my SNK fav, together with Terry and the rest of the Sakazaki clan.

And let them unleash the top tiers they want. God tier can take it! We arent Ignitz, after all.

brainchild81
No. I said that between one guy who lacked the confidence and another who was dissapointed by that very reason, they seemed equalish. Purely because Ryo knowing that his opponent wasent at his best, went at it easy. So far its the only match between the two, so until they have a real match they look about in the same tier.

You saidOriginally posted by olympian
2If that was canon it would only mean they are in the same tier under that story. Not that you would agree with that either. That's crazy. That's why I saidOriginally posted by brainchild81
Because it’s false. Who’s to say that if Ryu was focused that he wouldn’t have flat out FUBARED Ryo. Truth is, the ONLY thing that shows for a fact is that Ryo can beat a non-focused Ryu. Them being on the same tier can’t be proven or disproven from that fight. You assume they’re in the same tier because you want them to be, not because the fight says so. They could be, but we don’t know(&I doubt it). Still glad the fight wasn’t as you originally made it sound & many thanx for the scans. Got any more from that series?

Honestly? You are talking about the post appearances Iori. I on the other hand asked when did he won a Kof tournment winkAnswer the question please. Who's gone farther in KOF since Iori showed up, Iori or lame-o Ryo?

Im a honorable sensei, Brainy. I may insult the character but not the lover of the character.You said Originally posted by olympian

And ok. I wont insult you no more. Not me.

And Shingo is still a bad comparation? Ok. Bao, then.You didn't answer my question about Shingo(involved in the endings to XI whereas Ryo clearly isn't involved in anything of importance. ANYTHING). Shingo & Bao & anybody else you come up with can all sit on the sidelines with RYO "the benchwarmer" Suckazaki while the important people like Iori,Kyo,Terry & K' fight in the finals. Ryo don't even know what finals look like anymore mane.laughing Iori goes through teams. Ryo's team gets gone through. smile Iori's better by himself than Ryo is w/teammates homie. You are not gonna make Ryo look good by comparing him to a beast like Yagami youngblood broseph mane.

True enough i dont think it will come to the point of almost "castrating each other", between me and Brainy (that is so..Greek). We just happen to sarcastic deal with opposite sides of the ring. He hates a character that happens to be my SNK fav, together with Terry and the rest of the Sakazaki clan.Terry & the rest are cool. Ryo is a lame who gets his @$$ whooped in the street fair & square by a girl dressed up like a cat.laughing I've got nothing against you, but I'm not gonna go easy on a character that shouldn't have been made

brainchild81
and this is of Alba and Ryo facing up.
notice that they already sort of foreshadow how Alba and Terry will face in the finals and are also on a collision course.

~Sado Sh*t!!! I just spent like 15 minutes downloading a f**king intro & they didn't even have that part. You got a link?

Emperor Ashtar

w/real fighters like Iori & Kyo,

There not even fighters, let alone real ones. Just dudes with fire powers.

Emperor Ashtar
You know what's sad, kensou and boa have more impact on kof then Ryo & Terry.

Remulous
People, Kyo and Iori are not only fighters but SNK's finest, just as Terry is. But it is sad that Terry has lost the importance he once had in the 1st few KOFs and the FFs. The fact is Terry has just become another guy who fights well might I add. But I've come to realize that kOF isn't his game, he aint the star, It's Kyo's turn or at least it was. He's what Ryu is in the MVCs, another guy who fights well but isn't that important. Hell, Terry got more respect in CVS than in most KOFs.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
People, Kyo and Iori are not only fighters but SNK's finest, just as Terry is. But it is sad that Terry has lost the importance he once had in the 1st few KOFs and the FFs. The fact is Terry has just become another guy who fights well might I add. But I've come to realize that kOF isn't his game, he aint the star, It's Kyo's turn or at least it was. He's what Ryu is in the MVCs, another guy who fights well but isn't that important. Hell, Terry got more respect in CVS than in most KOFs.

MVC has no plot, and ryu was at the forefront of the first few crossovers I.E. X-men Vs Street Fighter. Kyo and Iori aren't fighters, just guys with flame powers.

Remulous
MVC has no plot, and ryu was at the forefront of the first few crossovers I.E. X-men Vs Street Fighter. Kyo and Iori aren't fighters, just guys with flame powers. MVC has a plot, it just wasn't deep, it was simple and made since, sorta. Yeah Ryu was important in the 1st few but he too faded into the shadows, like Terry.

Knowing powerful martial arts and winning KOFs doesn't make you fighter? What are your qualifications for your version of a fighter. Terry doesn't seem that much differen't.

brainchild81
Good post Remu. Iori & Kyo are real fighters. Saying they're not is not only downrating them, but also anybody who fought them & didn't kick their asses. You're basically saying Terry stalemates w/a kid w/a book of matches & no fighting skills. I guess Dan could give Terry a hard time if he carried a torch around? Iori rips through flesh w/his fingers & in most art he has short fingernails. Don't get it twisted Emp, Iori & Kyo are fighters who also have flame powers.

Emperor Ashtar
MVC has a plot, it just wasn't deep, it was simple and made since, sorta. Yeah Ryu was important in the 1st few but he too faded into the shadows, like Terry.

MVC doesn't have a plot, I searched high and low for signs of one and It doesn't have one.MVC doesn't even have a star, c'mon.

Knowing powerful martial arts and winning KOFs doesn't make you fighter? What are your qualifications for your version of a fighter. Terry doesn't seem that much differen't.

Experience, skill, hard work, and all the other cliche bits that matter. Iori and kyo are just dudes with fire powers.

Good post Remu. Iori & Kyo are real fighters. Saying they're not is not only downrating them, but also anybody who fought them & didn't kick their asses. You're basically saying Terry stalemates w/a kid w/a book of matches & no fighting skills. I guess Dan could give Terry a hard time if he carried a torch around? Iori rips through flesh w/his fingers & in most art he has short fingernails. Don't get it twisted Emp, Iori & Kyo are fighters who also have flame powers.

Your contradicting yourself, you admitted that snk pulls off that Hero Always wins crap, and now your using their inconsistent feats as evidence? Brainchild, I think you have it twisted. Kyo & Iori aren't fighters, just walking plot devices. Their writers must be taken advice from superman writers.

brainchild81
How is not losing to Terry an inconsistent feat? That's what I brought up. You been drinking mane? Hero does always win in SNK, unless they're fighting Terry. Then they just stalemate. Please people, don't bring up Supes here anymore.

Emperor Ashtar
How is not losing to Terry an inconsistent feat? That's what I brought up. You been drinking mane? Hero does always win in SNK, unless they're fighting Terry. Then they just stalemate. Please people, don't bring up Supes here anymore.

It's inconsistent, because terry is a beast. Plain and simple, terry should be able to be most of kof's hero's if not all, because they suck in terms of fighting skill. Only person that could be a match as much as hate to say it is Ryo in his original timeline. It's not farfetched to say that it's the flames that put these lame-O's where they are.K'prime is a good example, he has no fighting skill. His fighitng style is Pure Violence, wtf is that mane, lol. And he's a high rank fighter, I bring up superman because kof writers most collabarate with his writers.

brainchild81
Now we're getting to the bottom of this. Now Terry should kick everybody's @ss 'cause everybody sux in terms of fighting skill. Seems to be based on nothing but speculation and pissed off Terry fan rage. I've seen black belts get their asses kicked by brawlers. So what are you talking about? Fighting ain't never been about what you know. It's about how good you are @ applying it.

Emperor Ashtar
Now we're getting to the bottom of this. Now Terry should kick everybody's @ss 'cause everybody sux in terms of fighting skill. Seems to be based on nothing but speculation and pissed off Terry fan rage. I've seen black belts get their asses kicked by brawlers. So what are you talking about?

laughing Brainchild, are you aware that many schools/gyms out there in the real world are nothing more than mcdojo's? Do you know how many blackbelts out there have not even been in a real street fight and let alone do full contact sparring and claim to be experts?

Yeah, terry should beat everybodie ass because he's a better fighter, I dunno what so hard about that.

Nyou talking about? Fighting ain't never been about what you know. It's about how good you are @ applying it.

If you don't know jack, what are you going to apply?

brainchild81
So now Iori & Kyo don't know jack? What makes you so sure Terry's a better fighter than them? You didn't answer my question. Nobody ever jobbed to Terry?

Emperor Ashtar
So now Iori & Kyo don't know jack? What makes you so sure Terry's a better fighter than them? You didn't answer my question. Nobody ever jobbed to Terry?

Geese jobbed to terry, but that's not nearly as bad as what happned in the nest and you know it.

And what makes me so sure, the fact that they don't even bother to touch any of Kyo&Iori's training habits in the ten years they've been doing winning, or the fact tey rely on so many plot devices (Because if there basic skills were enough, why the plot devices?), or the fact they've reduced the bosses to jobbers of epic paportions (Bosses losing while working in teams) is more than enough. You can't prove a negative brainchild, unless kyo and Iori take part in some hardcore training regiment that kof writers haven't mentioned in those two's ten year career span,lol.

brainchild81
They have talked of both of them training though especially Iori. Read up on him. Going to bed.

Emperor Ashtar
They have talked of both of them training though especially Iori. Read up on him. Going to bed.

That's not what I asked though, Yuri, trains as well, should she be on terry's level. I asked do they train or work as hard as terry?

P-Geyser

(Sighs)...thats what I have also felt being a Terry fan. Alot of people seem to forget where "KOF" really originated from. In my opinion I honestly think KOF has ruined the good name of Terry Bogard.

As Sado pointed out, Terry is not the hero of KOF so he does not win. You are also right that KOF is not his game....which is why more FF games should be made as well as MOTW's 2. It would be nice to see Terry,Andy,Joe,Mary,Kim,Yamazaki,Rock,Grant etc have a story focused around them again and they can have importance.

All SNKP wants to do now is KOF after KOF and constantly have the spotlight on Kyo,Iori and the folks that have to do with Orochi(Mainly) and Nests...not cool at all in my opinion.

Lastly I don't think Capcom would ever do that to Ryu the way SNKP has done to Terry.

Sado22
First of all, Brain.
dude, you can download the intro i'm talking about from gamespot.com. you'll need to sign up though. that is the only place i know that has it. aside from that...meh, don't know.
secondly, pertaining to the semis, well the thing is every time SNK showed two guy sizing each other up before a fight in the intro it always went up to either being a final or the semi final. think:
kyo vs Iori 96=fought in the semis
kyo vs iori95=fought either in semi or finals (though iori dropped out)
andy vs terry (promo vid)= FF semis
ryo vs robert (promo vid)= AoF2 semis
you get the picture?

heh
*powers up*
i'm ready when you are!

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by P-Geyser
(Sighs)...thats what I have also felt being a Terry fan. Alot of people seem to forget where "KOF" really originated from. In my opinion I honestly think KOF has ruined the good name of Terry Bogard.

As Sado pointed out, Terry is not the hero of KOF so he does not win. You are also right that KOF is not his game....which is why more FF games should be made as well as MOTW's 2. It would be nice to see Terry,Andy,Joe,Mary,Kim,Yamazaki,Rock,Grant etc have a story focused around them again and they can have importance.

All SNKP wants to do now is KOF after KOF and constantly have the spotlight on Kyo,Iori and the folks that have to do with Orochi(Mainly) and Nests...not cool at all in my opinion.

Lastly I don't think Capcom would ever do that to Ryu the way SNKP has done to Terry.
Amen, brotha!

Remulous
MVC doesn't have a plot, I searched high and low for signs of one and It doesn't have one.MVC doesn't even have a star, c'mon.

MVC 1's plot is, Onslaught was having trouble beating the Marvel super heros and he realized there was another strong universe, so he tore down the barriers hoping that the 2 universes would kill each other. MVC 2's plot is Obiss is Ruby Heart's enemy and she summoned all of Capcom to defeat him. Mean while the monster travled throught time to and started trouble in Cable's time. Obiss later left and Cable followed him, back to Capcom Universe. Cable brought Marvels greatest through the time machine after learning of Obiss's origins. The 2 universes team up once again to defeat the evil. The stars of MVC 1 is Megaman and Spiderman, MVC 2 is Cable and Ruby Heart.

"Experience, skill, hard work, and all the other cliche bits that matter. Iori and kyo are just dudes with fire powers".

I'm not saying their better than Terry but why is it that Kyo and Iori don't have these "cliche tid bits of matter"? They seem to have it to me.

Remulous

I feel the same. I just don't get why people make it seem like it's Kyo and Iori's fault, they're just good characters who are especally liked in Japan, more than other KOF characters and I actually liked the NEST saga, K' is damn cool.

"Lastly I don't think Capcom would ever do that to Ryu the way SNKP has done to Terry".

I agree but Ryu's importance has gone down dramaticly compared to the likes Dante and Megaman. Ryu was a flag ship character, hell his shadow was on the Capcom logo.

Emperor Ashtar
MVC 1's plot is, Onslaught was having trouble beating the Marvel super heros and he realized there was another strong universe, so he tore down the barriers hoping that the 2 universes would kill each other. MVC 2's plot is Obiss is Ruby Heart's enemy and she summoned all of Capcom to defeat him. Mean while the monster travled throught time to and started trouble in Cable's time. Obiss later left and Cable followed him, back to Capcom Universe. Cable brought Marvels greatest through the time machine after learning of Obiss's origins. The 2 universes team up once again to defeat the evil. The stars of MVC 1 is Megaman and Spiderman, MVC 2 is Cable and Ruby Heart.

Source please, cause it sounds like a fanfic or BS.

I'm not saying their better than Terry but why is it that Kyo and Iori don't have these "cliche tid bits of matter"? They seem to have it to me.
When has anything ever been mentioned about Kyo & Iori's training regiment?

P-Geyser
Amen, brotha!

Thank U Brotha!

Emperor Ashtar
Thank U Brotha!

I'm starting to see your problem with Iori fans.

Remulous
Source please, cause it sounds like a fanfic or BS.

When has anything ever been mentioned about Kyo & Iori's training regiment? It aint BS. Do you have the Dreamcast MVC 1 panthlet that came with the game? It's on like the 3rd page. MVC 2, it is stated in the GamePro or GameInformer magazine that has MVC 2 on the front cover and it's actually the magazine's cover story. It's when MVC 2 1st came out.

Training regiment? Alls I'm saying is what makes them not have experience, skill, ect.

P-Geyser
I feel the same. I just don't get why people make it seem like it's Kyo and Iori's fault, they're just good characters who are especally liked in Japan, more than other KOF characters and I actually liked the NEST saga, K' is damn cool.

Well you got to admit they make Terry, Ryo and others seem like "regular fighters" when it comes to both Kyo and Iori. I mean for christ's sake look at the new KOF anime...Terry and Rock both should have had alot of importance. Southtown is their home turf and they should have been interacting with Alba and Soiree, but no it's Kyo and Iori getting most of the screen time as usual. I also like K' and the reason why I liked him alot, was because here is a new

I agree but Ryu's importance has gone down dramaticly compared to the likes Dante and Megaman. Ryu was a flag ship character, hell his shadow was on the Capcom logo

That maybe but I think Capcom still respects Ryu, and does not forget who brought them to the dance unlike SNKP. At least Ryu was the front man in all CvS crossovers as well as MvC. I dont think Ryu has ever been jobbed and swiped under the way Terry has.

P-Geyser
I'm starting to see your problem with Iori fans.

wink

P-Geyser
Well you got to admit they make Terry, Ryo and others seem like "regular fighters" when it comes to both Kyo and Iori. I mean for christ's sake look at the new KOF anime...Terry and Rock both should have had alot of importance. Southtown is their home turf and they should have been interacting with Alba and Soiree, but no it's Kyo and Iori getting most of the screen time as usual. I also like K' and the reason why I liked him alot, was because here is a new

Sorry bout that... hit the submit reply fast. I meant to say I liked K' because finally he was a new character and even though he weilded flames, the attention moved away from Kyo and Iori. Though now K' has joined Terry in the backburner.

Remulous

I'll say that Terry isn't a regular fighter but he isn't the star anymore, eventhough he should be. Their isn't any proof Kyo and Iori are better Terry never lost to any of them or lost to some one the flame user beat. Terry is kinda like the old guy who just happens to still be around and was the previous star. The thing is Terry aint old, which was SNKP's big mistake, since he is still young he does rightfully deserves more time and at least another game for him to grow old and show what the hell happened to Rock

Remulous
Sorry bout that... hit the submit reply fast. I meant to say I liked K' because finally he was a new character and even though he weilded flames, the attention moved away from Kyo and Iori. Though now K' has joined Terry in the backburner. That looks to be true but hope for K' is still there.

P-Geyser
I'll say that Terry isn't a regular fighter but he isn't the star anymore, eventhough he should be. Their isn't any proof Kyo and Iori are better Terry never lost to any of them or lost to some one the flame user beat. Terry is kinda like the old guy who just happens to still be around and was the previous star. The thing is Terry aint old, which was SNKP's big mistake, since he is still young he does rightfully deserves more time and at least another game for him to grow old and show what the hell happened to Rock

Ryo is suppose to be older than that. SNKP screws up on the timelines. As I said look at KOF 03 Garou Terry with a bunch of the original Fatal Fury cast does not look right at all.

How does this pic to look to you?

http://www.terrybogard.altervista.org/wip/Foto2.jpg

Your right Terry does deserve the time but unfortunately he is not getting it as well as alot of other deserving SNK characters

P-Geyser
That looks to be true but hope for K' is still there.

I hope so, but it still looks very doubtful... very doubtful indeed.

Remulous
The pic isn't showing up.

P-Geyser
Damn it was working before. The damn thing now does not want to show mad

Remulous
There there, it's O.k.

Emperor Ashtar
It aint BS. Do you have the Dreamcast MVC 1 panthlet that came with the game? It's on like the 3rd page. MVC 2, it is stated in the GamePro or GameInformer magazine that has MVC 2 on the front cover and it's actually the magazine's cover story. It's when MVC 2 1st came out.

Training regiment? Alls I'm saying is what makes them not have experience, skill, ect.

I had MVC 2, there is no plot mention on the insrtuction booklet, same for MVC1.

The onlly thing it said was something along the lines of "choose your favorite heroes from the capcom and marvel universe"

Remulous
I had MVC 2, there is no plot mention on the insrtuction booklet, same for MVC1.

The onlly thing it said was something along the lines of "choose your favorite heroes from the capcom and marvel universe" Not the instruction booklet for MvC 2, the GameInformer or the GamePro mag of MVC 2. MVC 1 is in the booklet, I'm reading it right now.

Emperor Ashtar
Not the instruction booklet for MvC 2, the GameInformer or the GamePro mag of MVC 2. MVC 1 is in the booklet, I'm reading it right now.

Post exactly what it says, nowhere does it mention any plot whatsoever. Except mention onsluahgt attacking and heroes uniting. and which is it, Gamepro or Game Informer, and what issue number.

Remulous
Post exactly what it says, nowhere does it mention any plot whatsoever. Except mention onsluahgt attacking and heroes uniting. and which is it, Gamepro or Game Informer, and what issue number. MVC= As Professor Charles Xavier calls out for heroes to stop him before he merges with the consciousness of Magneto and becomes the being known as Onslaught, the final boss. In the meantime, M. Bison is planning to absorb the power of Onslaught for himself.

MVC 2= IDK! It's like the only 1 with MVC 2 on the cover! How in the hell am I gonna remember somthing so trvial from so long ago with such detail?

Emperor Ashtar
MVC= As Professor Charles Xavier calls out for heroes to stop him before he merges with the consciousness of Magneto and becomes the being known as Onslaught, the final boss. In the meantime, M. Bison is planning to absorb the power of Onslaught for himself.
Sorry, But, I don't belive you.
1.Bison is not even in the game, with the exception of one ending.
2.I had the game, there was never any mention of bison wanting to absorb onslaught at all in the game.
3.I don't see any mention of that in any source online.

MVC 2= IDK! It's like the only 1 with MVC 2 on the cover! How in the hell am I gonna remember somthing so trvial from so long ago with such detail?
Not my problem, I find it hard to belive that there is no mention of any source what so ever. Not even tiamats FAQ.

Remulous
Sorry, But, I don't belive you.
1.Bison is not even in the game, with the exception of one ending.
2.I had the game, there was never any mention of bison wanting to absorb onslaught at all in the game.
3.I don't see any mention of that in any source online.

Not my problem, I find it hard to belive that there is no mention of any source what so ever. Not even tiamats FAQ. Dude, it's all friggen their, he's the reason behind the shadow characters.

You have your right not to believe seeings how I don't have absolute proof but when you see what I'm talking about someday, you'll remember who told you. Tiamat isn't 100% I rely ony on what is stated by Capcom employes.

Emperor Ashtar
Dude, it's all friggen their, he's the reason behind the shadow characters.

You have your right not to believe seeings how I don't have absolute proof but when you see what I'm talking about someday, you'll remember who told you. Tiamat isn't 100% I rely ony on what is stated by Capcom employes.

So, your friends with capcom employees, and where do you confirm there facts? I never said he's 100% right don't put words in my mouth, I said he's plot guide is the best when it comes to discussing the plot of capcom fighting games.

Let's say what your talling me about bison is true, what's the epilogue and where are the shadow characters in the MVC2?

The first part about onslaught is sorta true,I remeber that. But, bison wanting to absorb is not.

brainchild81
That's not what I asked though, Yuri, trains as well, should she be on terry's level. I asked do they train or work as hard as terry? When I said read up on Iori you must have missed it. Here's the Iori wiki once again. It speaks of him training near the point of unconciousness. The dude trains so hard he damn near passed the f**k out. That enough for you? Maybe he does train harder than Terry. He can put his fingers through people & I've never heard of Terry training to the point of rendering himself KOed. Most of your Iori hate stems from a lack of knowledge about him. You are the same guy who thought Billy Kane was more powerful than Iori laughing. It's good to have @ least have some knowledge on a guy before you start hatin' on him. Read the Kyo wiki too. He trained pretty hard after Goenitz(gonuts) owned him. I seriously doubt he trains as hard as or harder than Terry, but that's not a good reason to sleep on his obvious skill. Neither Kyo or Iori suck. Overexposed, maybe. Overrated? Hell no, especially not Iori & whether or not you think he's main character material doesn't matter to his legions of fans who've made him more popular than even the guy YOU think should own everybody. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Geese jobbed though.

Emperor Ashtar
When I said read up on Iori you must have missed it. Here's the Iori wiki once again. It speaks of him training near the point of unconciousness. The dude trains so hard he damn near passed the f**k out. That enough for you? Maybe he does train harder than Terry.

Wikipedia man, and you just gave me one instance versus terry's ten years experience of fighting in southtown.And now he somehow trains harder then terry, because of one example from a shitty source, c'mon brainchild.

He can put his fingers through people & I've never heard of Terry training to the point of rendering himself KOed.

-Who cares if he can put his fingers through people, when has that or any of his stats ever played a solid role in his fights?

-I never heard of akuma almost passing out from training, I guess that makes Iori a harder worker roll eyes (sarcastic)

Most of your Iori hate stems from a lack of knowledge about him. You are the same guy who thought Billy Kane was more powerful than Iori laughing. It's good to have @ least have some knowledge on a guy before you start hatin' on him.

I Dislike his impact on the plot, I play with Iori so I don't hate him. I just think it's bullshit that people claim he's so strong when the writers clearly ignore stats for stupid plot devices. When has terry used plot devices in his boss fights versus Iori's: Justice Flame, Orochi Iori, and whatever Snk decides to give him?

Read the Kyo wiki too. He trained pretty hard after Goenitz(gonuts) owned him. I seriously doubt he trains as hard as or harder than Terry, but that's not a good reason to sleep on his obvious skill. Neither Kyo or Iori suck. Overexposed, maybe. Overrated? Hell no, especially not Iori & whether or not you think he's main character material doesn't matter to his legions of fans who've made him more popular than even the guy YOU think should own everybody. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Geese jobbed though.

So, if kyo doesn't train as hard as terry what puts him on par with him?

Fact is Kyo & Iori own bosses for free with retarded plot devices and dumbass implications that kof writers compose out there asses.Everything from their teams, to their attacks, etc are plot devices.They have no legitamate feats involving their stats. Maybe you like debating with mircale feats brainy, but I don't. Terry's timeline doesn't even make sense in garou.

As for jobbing geese, I only said that because I felt that terry had it too easy. I also think krauser should have owned terry at first, but it's not like terry lacks the stats to pull it off.

Sado22
Emperor, the part of Iori training to unconsciousness is true. its even on his canon profile. Iori does train and training to point of unconsciousness probably means he trains harder than even Ryu. Gouki's another story cuz he's a freak so there is your answer. as i told you in the other thread, terry goes and fights on the streets. he doesn't need to train since he is always fighting and so always retains that "eye of the tiger"smile
Kyo, i would give him credit for reinventing himself twice (96 and 99) but him officially known to be a lazy bum and slacker makes me skeptical to theories of him being a hard trainer. i pity this foo! pity this foo! laughing

Brain, emperor is right in claiming how sNK ignore a fighters hard earned toughness and shine and place a complacent slacker as the one who gets the attention. the only thing going for Kyo is flames. they magically happen to be the perfect antidote agaisnt Orochi power. they magically happen to be perfect against NESTS Ignitz. these are the dumbass plot devices that emperor is talking about. Terry didn't win agaisnt Geese cuz his burn knuckle was divine aid or something. he EARNED his victory there. he beat Geese not because he was given divine protection, not because it was his destiny and not because Geese felt a bug up his ass that told him to be job Terry. Terry won because he was the better fighter. he won because he had more heart. In fact, canonwise, Geese was schooling Terry THROUGHOUT BOTH their fights yet couldn't put him down for the count. SNK explained why this was because Terry had that unmatched heart that they claim he has but somehow always manage to ignore when Iori and his middlepart gay pal are around. in the end, Terry won cuz he lived for the fight a la Ryu. Geese lost cuz he never understood what it is about being a true fighter and why the hell did terry seem to enjoy the fight. terry won because of his persistence and courage and because he had a real fighitng spirit.

Kyo and Iori, though are tough and did work hard, beat Orochi because "it was their destiny" and "their flames were for that purpose". so if terry and ryo had those flames then they too would pwn Orochi. the thing is the bulk of credit for all the people Kyo and Iori beat goes to the fact that they have the "sacred flames" scorching the opponent's @$$. if you think about it, emperor really does have a point. flames, destiny and plot devices frequently out do character, experience, stamina and heart in SNK verse.

when its all said and done, Terry STILL has more heart then all of these guys (canon) and even with their divine flames they both have yet to beat Terry. yet somehow, they alwasy manage to wrestle the attention out of Terry's hands even though he was fighitng Orochi with them and his help was the much needed help agaisnt Ignitz. yet somehow the flamers got the credit. unfair.

Later guys.
~Sado
P.S. speaking of heart, courage, eye of the tiger and "foo"....either of you seen/gonna see Rocky Balboa? I want to get some first hand feedback before i go and watch itsmile

P-Geyser
Well done Sado!(bows down)

Unfair ain't the word. More like higway robbery or travesty. Careful on the Terry having more heart deal....Brain does not like hearing that big grin

Emperor Ashtar
Emperor, the part of Iori training to unconsciousness is true. its even on his canon profile. Iori does train and training to point of unconsciousness probably means he trains harder than even Ryu.

I hope your joking, Iori by no means trains as hard as ryu. One instance of Iori trainin doesn't magically fill a void in his training history.

Gouki's another story cuz he's a freak so there is your answer. as i told you in the other thread, terry goes and fights on the streets. he doesn't need to train since he is always fighting and so always retains that "eye of the tiger"smile
But, terry does train though...

Kyo, i would give him credit for reinventing himself twice (96 and 99) but him officially known to be a lazy bum and slacker makes me skeptical to theories of him being a hard trainer. i pity this foo! pity this foo! laughing
Kyo sucks, I will always dislike him.

Kyo and Iori, though are tough and did work hard, beat Orochi because "it was their destiny" and "their flames were for that purpose".
There team was a plot device that was destined to beat orochi, and then Orochi Iori appeared.

so if terry and ryo had those flames
. . .

Later guys.
~Sado
P.S. speaking of heart, courage, eye of the tiger and "foo"....either of you seen/gonna see Rocky Balboa? I want to get some first hand feedback before i go and watch itsmile

it's an unneccessary sequel.

Emperor Ashtar

Unfair ain't the word. More like higway robbery or travesty. Careful on the Terry having more heart deal....Brain does not like hearing that big grin

Flames can't supplement heart, TERRY FANS UNITE!!

P-Geyser
Flames can't supplement heart, TERRY FANS UNITE!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance HELL YEAH!....... laughing out loud

brainchild81
Geese jobbed to terry, but that's not nearly as bad as what happned in the nest and you know it.

And what makes me so sure, the fact that they don't even bother to touch any of Kyo&Iori's training habits in the ten years they've been doing winning, or the fact tey rely on so many plot devices (Because if there basic skills were enough, why the plot devices?)Nah. Because NOBODY's basic skills are enough to defeat Orochi w/out the flames that he's weak to. Otherwise, why hasn't Terry beaten Orochi? Hell if he's so much better than these kids w/no skill and just flames why hasn't he just beat the sh*t outta them? Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I Dislike his impact on the plot, I play with Iori so I don't hate him. I just think it's bullshit that people claim he's so strong when the writers clearly ignore stats for stupid plot devices. When has terry used plot devices in his boss fights versus Iori's: Justice Flame, Orochi Iori, and whatever Snk decides to give him?This recurring thing w/people losing because they underestimated Terry. That heart stuff everybody likes to bring up. How he gets to have help Vs 'Zaki in a singles KOF. & how weak that made his FF cast members look in comparison to Terry.
So, if kyo doesn't train as hard as terry what puts him on par with him?His training combined w/his natural talent. Honestly going by your own training & exp. = victory theory, shouldn't Ryo own Terry and shouldn't Takuma own everybody? F**k being a match for him, they got years of exp over Terry. Or does this only apply to characters you like a whole lotsmile? From now on I guess we only need to know a fighters age & years trained to know if they're going to win or not. No need to even fight anymore
Fact is Kyo & Iori own bosses for free with retarded plot devices and dumbass implications that kof writers compose out there asses.Everything from their teams, to their attacks, etc are plot devices.They have no legitamate feats involving their stats. Maybe you like debating with mircale feats brainy, but I don't. Terry's timeline doesn't even make sense in garou.?You never see me bring the Orochi fighting stuff up in the 1st place. Take all that stuff out and you still have a guy who beats teams by his gotdamn self. A guy who beats his teammates up like it's nothing. Where are all these legitimate feats of Terry's?
As for jobbing geese, I only said that because I felt that terry had it too easy. I also think krauser should have owned terry at first, but it's not like terry lacks the stats to pull it off. Didn't Geese have more exp though. Doesn't that automatically mean victory?

brainchild81
Emperor, the part of Iori training to unconsciousness is true. its even on his canon profile. Iori does train and training to point of unconsciousness probably means he trains harder than even Ryu. Gouki's another story cuz he's a freak so there is your answer. as i told you in the other thread, terry goes and fights on the streets. he doesn't need to train since he is always fighting and so always retains that "eye of the tiger"smile

Brain, emperor is right in claiming how sNK ignore a fighters hard earned toughness and shine and place a complacent slacker as the one who gets the attention. the only thing going for Kyo is flames. they magically happen to be the perfect antidote agaisnt Orochi power. they magically happen to be perfect against NESTS Ignitz. these are the dumbass plot devices that emperor is talking about. Terry didn't win agaisnt Geese cuz his burn knuckle was divine aid or something. he EARNED his victory there. he beat Geese not because he was given divine protection, not because it was his destiny and not because Geese felt a bug up his ass that told him to be job Terry. Terry won because he was the better fighter. he won because he had more heart. In fact, canonwise, Geese was schooling Terry THROUGHOUT BOTH their fights yet couldn't put him down for the count. SNK explained why this was because Terry had that unmatched heart that they claim he has but somehow always manage to ignore when Iori and his middlepart gay pal are around. in the end, Terry won cuz he lived for the fight a la Ryu. Geese lost cuz he never understood what it is about being a true fighter and why the hell did terry seem to enjoy the fight. terry won because of his persistence and courage and because he had a real fighitng spirit.

Kyo and Iori, though are tough and did work hard, beat Orochi because "it was their destiny" and "their flames were for that purpose". so if terry and ryo had those flames then they too would pwn Orochi. the thing is the bulk of credit for all the people Kyo and Iori beat goes to the fact that they have the "sacred flames" scorching the opponent's @$$. if you think about it, emperor really does have a point. flames, destiny and plot devices frequently out do character, experience, stamina and heart in SNK verse.

when its all said and done, Terry STILL has more heart then all of these guys (canon) and even with their divine flames they both have yet to beat Terry. yet somehow, they alwasy manage to wrestle the attention out of Terry's hands even though he was fighitng Orochi with them and his help was the much needed help agaisnt Ignitz. yet somehow the flamers got the credit. unfair.

Later guys.
~Sado
P.S. speaking of heart, courage, eye of the tiger and "foo"....either of you seen/gonna see Rocky Balboa? I want to get some first hand feedback before i go and watch itsmile laughing I was waiting for ya'll to see it 1st. That plot device only is for Orochi, what explain's how far Iori's gotten in tourneys? Part of Terry's thing is winning when underestimated, that's why he beat Geese. Heart is what keeps people from quitting when getting their asses whooped. It doesn't stop them from getting their ass whooped though. Even w/Terry's divine heart he still hasn't whooped them either. They haven't beaten him because of SNK's "Terry can't ever get his ass whooped" policy. Kyo & Iori may have people job to them, but Terry was doing the exact same sH*t before they showed up & at the rest of the FF cast's expense. This Terry has it all so they have nothing stuff is childish. Terry has a lot of heart, so of course Iori & Kyo have absolutely none. Terry has a lot of exp, so of course Iori & Kyo have absolutely none. Terry has a lot of training under his belt, so of course Iori & Kyo have absolutely none. Terry has a lot of skill, so of course Iori & Kyo have absolutely none. This is so lameOriginally posted by P-Geyser

Unfair ain't the word. More like higway robbery or travesty. Careful on the Terry having more heart deal....Brain does not like hearing that big grin smileNah. I just don't like hearing he's gonna win because of it. That's just lame as hell. The guy who gets Fu*ked up the worst is ususally the guy they say has heart. Terry may possibly have more heart than them, but I really don't see why all of the sudden he'll beat them because of it. Just means they might have to beat on him longer. How the hell do you measure heart anyways?

Emperor Ashtar
Nah. Because NOBODY's basic skills are enough to defeat Orochi w/out the flames that he's weak to. Otherwise, why hasn't Terry beaten Orochi? Hell if he's so much better than these kids w/no skill and just flames why hasn't he just beat the sh*t outta them?

Because KOF's lack of writing ability, Iori and Kyo are placed in a tier higher than everyone for no reason except because they are the main characters. And why is orochi being brought up, he's a boss that was made for the purpose losing only to the flame users. He's a walking plot device that snk uses to venerate there main characters.

This recurring thing w/people losing because they underestimated Terry. That heart stuff everybody likes to bring up. How he gets to have help Vs 'Zaki in a singles KOF. & how weak that made his FF cast members look in comparison to Terry.

How is that worst than Kyo getting help from Iori in the finals when he's not even on his TEAM, or having a boss specifially made to lose to Kyo & Iori, Or the Igniz fiasco that that is just pure jobbing. I admitt, I wish snk made terry struggle more, bu there writers suck now. And again terry has a resume that makes it understandable Vs Kyo & Iori.

His training combined w/his natural talent. Honestly going by your own training & exp. = victory theory, shouldn't Ryo own Terry and shouldn't Takuma own everybody? F**k being a match for him, they got years of exp over Terry. Or does this only apply to characters you like a whole lotsmile? From now on I guess we only need to know a fighters age & years trained to know if they're going to win or not. No need to even fight anymore

Why are you being so pedantic just so you can elude my point? Just because they have the same or more experience, those that mean they've put in the same amount of effort? Ryo's timeline doesn't even make anysense, so, why bring him up?

And cut the BS,if natural talent and ambigous training was the reason why kyo & Iori are top tier then that whole fiasco with igniz would have had an explanation.Plus they get waaay more plot devices than terry, and you know it. I like how you used an example of Iori training to the point of collapse to make it seem he trains harder then Terry.

You never see me bring the Orochi fighting stuff up in the 1st place. Take all that stuff out and you still have a guy who beats teams by his gotdamn self. A guy who beats his teammates up like it's nothing. Where are all these legitimate feats of Terry's?
Didn't Geese have more exp though. Doesn't that automatically mean victory?

-Terrys feats haven't been upgraded for almost half a decade now, KOF has bad writers like I said.
-Again, I admitted that he jobbed geese, but he still had the ability to beat him .Just because Geese is older, doesn't mean he has more experience than terry. we know terry is a street brawler and spent 10 years fighting in the streets of southtown. We don't know about geese, except he trains and is old.

brainchild81
Because KOF's lack of writing ability, Iori and Kyo are placed in a tier higher than everyone for no reason except because they are the main characters. And why is orochi being brought up, he's a boss that was made for the purpose losing only to the flame users. He's a walking plot device that snk uses to venerate there main characters.

How is that worst than Kyo getting help from Iori in the finals when he's not even on his TEAM, or having a boss specifially made to lose to Kyo & Iori, Or the Igniz fiasco that that is just pure jobbing. I admitt, I wish snk made terry struggle more, bu there writers suck now. And again terry has a resume that makes it understandable Vs Kyo & Iori.They sucked when they were writing for Terry too. Notice how most of the FF cast are slot fillers. & that's when they're lucky enough to be included. It's worse because Terry wasn't supposed to even HAVE a team. It was a singles KOF. Needing help against Orochi isn't as bad as needing help against 'Zaki. Orochi >>Zaki & I've heard Terry still didn't beat him. Doing the same teamup stuff now w/Duke
Why are you being so pedantic just so you can elude my point? Just because they have the same or more experience, those that mean they've put in the same amount of effort? Ryo's timeline doesn't even make anysense, so, why bring him up?Then this is all pointless. We don't know exactly how much effort Terry or Iori has put in either. How do you even measure this sh*t? These southtown guys aren't even mentioned by name. I'm not impressed by Terry whoopin on bums. This is all just you venting because your guy ain't getting all the glory no more. You want some cheese to go w/that whine mane?smile
And cut the BS,if natural talent and ambigous training was the reason why kyo & Iori are top tier then that whole fiasco with igniz would have had an explanation.Plus they get waaay more plot devices than terry, and you know it. I like how you used an example of Iori training to the point of collapse to make it seem he trains harder then Terry.I like how you make that seem like a small feat but haven't said s*it to make it seem like Terry trains hardersmile You've also not proven anything about Iori or Kyo not having skill, despite being trained as children in the MAs. Besides the plot device boss fights that we already knew about, you've proven none of these downrating comments about Iori or Kyo. You're spewing a lotta stuff you can't seem to prove. It's seems that Terry's only better 'cause you want him to be. You seem to be focusing on these boss fights. Focus on how they fare against Terry. The bosses job but somehow they can't whoop Terry? Kyo's gotten his @ss beat in his own series. Terry seems to be undefeated & whenever he goes up against a superior('zaki) he somehow has help to job for him. Iori & Kyo get plot devices but Terry did it 1st. I'm here to talk about the fighting ability, not the devices that come up when they're not enough
-Terrys feats haven't been upgraded for almost half a decade now, KOF has bad writers like I said.
-Again, I admitted that he jobbed geese, but he still had the ability to beat him .Just because Geese is older, doesn't mean he has more experience than terry. we know terry is a street brawler and spent 10 years fighting in the streets of southtown. We don't know about geese, except he trains and is old. Contradiction. You don't job people you have the ability to beat. What would be the point? Either he can beat Geese or he jobbed him. You can't have both. Terry was an SNK main character, so he won like they always have.

Emperor Ashtar
They sucked when they were writing for Terry too. Notice how most of the FF cast are slot fillers. & that's when they're lucky enough to be included. It's worse because Terry wasn't supposed to even HAVE a team. It was a singles KOF. Needing help against Orochi isn't as bad as needing help against 'Zaki. Orochi >>Zaki & I've heard Terry still didn't beat him. Doing the same teamup stuff now w/Duke

Orochi is a walking plot device, please don't tell me your denying this. The fact that he's been made the strongest boss and can only be harmed by flames proves this.

How were they Slot Fillers, they lack development, but so does every none main character. And FF isn't all about terry, Kizuna Encounter & Soveriegn Reign are an extension of fatal fury with no terry, moot point. I can't say the same about kof excluding Kyo & Iori.

Maximum Impact isn't canon, why is it being brought?

Then this is all pointless. We don't know exactly how much effort Terry or Iori has put in either. How do you even measure this sh*t? These southtown guys aren't even mentioned by name. I'm not impressed by Terry whoopin on bums. This is all just you venting because your guy ain't getting all the glory no more. You want some cheese to go w/that whine mane?smile

LOL, now your claiming that it can't be measured, christ brainchild. Quit being a fanboy, We know that terry has more experience then Iori & Kyo. As for who trains harder, it doesn't matter at this point because we know nothing about Kyo & Iori's training regiment

I like how you make that seem like a small feat but haven't said s*it to make it seem like Terry trains hardersmile
Right, carrying a duffle a bag and fighitng around the country is nowhere near as tough as one instance of training until collapse. Despite the fact that happnes to most athlete's versus going around the country fighting. I'll take the cheese, you keep the Bullshit.

You've also not proven anything about Iori or Kyo not having skill, despite being trained as children in the MAs. Besides the plot device boss fights that we already knew about, you've proven none of these downrating comments about Iori or Kyo. You're spewing a lotta stuff you can't seem to prove. It's seems that Terry's only better 'cause you want him to be. You seem to be focusing on these boss fights. Focus on how they fare against Terry.

Wow, so despite having more experience, and more detailed training regiments. I'm not explaining why he's above them according to you?Brainchild, maybe your memory is short but, you were the one who claimed Iori is above terry without clear examples. I know terry has more experince because he's been street fighitn since a child, trains, and travels around the country fighting vs one instance of passing out and ambigous training.

The bosses job but somehow they can't whoop Terry? Kyo's gotten his @ss beat in his own series. Terry seems to be undefeated & whenever he goes up against a superior('zaki) he somehow has help to job for him. Iori & Kyo get plot devices but Terry did it 1st. I'm here to talk about the fighting ability, not the devices that come up when they're not enough

-Terry did it first, but Iori & kyo did it best. Zaki's example is nowhere near what happned in nest.

-You know zaki holds back and doesn't use his riot blood right?

I agree, terry should taste defeat, but his jobbing is nowhere as bad as kyo & Iori.
And as for fighting ability, you still haven't proved that kyo or Iori are on par with terry.

Contradiction. You don't job people you have the ability to beat. What would be the point? Either he can beat Geese or he jobbed him. You can't have both. Terry was an SNK main character, so he won like they always have.

Then he can beat geese. . . smile

olympian
Hah, its fun that now its Emp the one adressing those kind of points to Brainchild in these two threads. The Deadly alliance is getting weaker devil

Now, on to more serious matters, i want to wish a great Christmas with alot of gaming. I know im doing my share.

Grasshoper, keep training. As for Rocky, ill watch it alrigth. From what ive seen its the finale that should had been done instead the V. Looks good indeed.

Ora Ora!

Sado22
i know
*grabs Brain by the throat as olympian powers up to seal him away*
IKUZE!
*olympain comes and makes fun of brain*
pure pwnagesmile

i want KoFXI for christmas smile

*hums gonna fly now and runs up stairs to do Rocky win pose*
Happy Dance

brainy, FF3 wasn't one on one thing tournament. hell it wasn't a damn tournament to begin with. it was like the SFA series with people just going around doing their shit only this time it actually made some sense since there was trouble in Southtown due to Geese fingering around and the Jin twins.
Yamazaki is powerful. in CvsSNK he's on godtier status which he damn well is. in fact he is powerful enough to reject the Orochi presence altogether which you beloved "Hearth of the 8 gods" couldn't. Yamazaki even forced Gees to give him the money in Kof97. so there you go.
and nice of you to ignore my comment on how he was schooling Terry because terry was too unfocused to get to the Jins and stop them. he couldn't focus on the fight and that is the reason he was getting schooled....aside from Yamazaki being a tough *****. as for the rest of the FF cast, you convenienly ignore again how
-a Yamzaki is godtier character
-and how the bulk of FF3 cast are rookies and characters who aren't that powerful. Bob, Mary, Honfu, Joe, Mai, frank. sakaku who was powerful wasn't with them. Yamazaki, Geese, and the Jins are the badguys. That practically meant Terry and Andy as the tough guys.

LAter brainy.
~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Thanks sado, I was about to post that as well.

Sado22
^^
heh, any time dude.smile
oh and merry chirstmas. all of you.

~Sado

P-Geyser
^^
heh, any time dude.smile
oh and merry chirstmas. all of you.

~Sado

Yeah man I forgot to say the same thing Merry Xmas to all you guys. smile

aysongail
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.