New Forum: Gaming/Hobby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt

Bardock42
I hate nay sayers...all evil bitches.

Thorinn
hysterical

Mišt
54 views and 9 votesfaint

You people suckdisgust

BakaXero

Thorinn

Dusty
I think it's a nice idea.

Barker
Originally posted by BakaXero
maybe it's the same person viewing it 10 times.
I walked into one of the stores selling the warhammer stuff, asked for paint and the guy goes one about every detail of the game. I was afraid and walked out the store. I was noob'd!!!
Stores in Australia?

You jest. 13

Edit: Voted yay.

LanceWindu
*voted Yay*

Mišt
much lub 2 u all cept thornz herbhappy

Tptmanno1
Would be cool,
It could possibly be part or the Role playing forum, and it could be expanded to all sorts of table-top games, and Rping development and stuff
I know you could get some interest in the regular RP forums.

§P0oONY
I voted "Nay"... Doesn't really interest me in the slightest.

Thorinn

Lana
I voted yay, I think it sounds like a neat idea, and even if it wasn't something that interested me, it still wouldn't hurt or bother me in the least if it was created.

Bardock42

Ricodrayz
Shouldn't this be another sub forum for the Video game forum lol trying to give poor lana more work =O *votes yay*

Lana
It's not video game related, though.

There's plenty more to gaming than just video games.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Lana
It's not video game related, though.

There's plenty more to gaming than just video games. I know, it is board games and stuff though. I said Sub forum in the video game forum. Still would be seperate, I mean a whole forum for this? I don't think it will get to much replies and would be better off as a sub forum.

Lana
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
I know, it is board games and stuff though. I said Sub forum in the video game forum. Still would be seperate, I mean a whole forum for this? I don't think it will get to much replies and would be better off as a sub forum.

If it's a subforum of the VG forum it would by definition NOT be seperate from the VG forum, and it doesn't make sense to put something that's not video game-related as a subforum of the VG forum.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people are on here that would likely be interested in such a forum if it existed. I don't play Warhammer or something but I DO like gaming quite a lot (and would be much happier if any of my friends did as well), and I'd be willing to bet there's a lot of other people on here that may not see this thread due to never visiting N&Q that would be interested in such a forum.

Storm
I' m of the opinion that the creation of new forums should be based on a reasonable amount of already existing threads instead of on support.

48 members voted in favour of the History Forum. However, those 48 members who would actively participate in the forum seem to have vanished in thin air.

Lana
That would be a fair point - IF there was someplace where such threads were able to exist already. With the history forum, there were threads in the GDF. For Warhammer/gaming, there is simply nowhere they can be posted, which is the point of people asking for a forum for it.

TOH
Why not? We do have a CONSPIRACY(!) Forum...

TheKingofKINGS!
That would be a fair point - IF there was someplace where such threads were able to exist already. With the history forum, there were threads in the GDF. For Warhammer/gaming, there is simply nowhere they can be posted, which is the point of people asking for a forum for it. Like D&D or stuff like that. I personally think it'd be a forum worth visiting.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
I' m of the opinion that the creation of new forums should be based on a reasonable amount of already existing threads instead of on support.

48 members voted in favour of the History Forum. However, those 48 members who would actively participate in the forum seem to have vanished in thin air.

The History forum would get way more replies if it was somewhere accesible, like a subforum of the GDF.

Storm
That would be a fair point - IF there was someplace where such threads were able to exist already. With the history forum, there were threads in the GDF. For Warhammer/gaming, there is simply nowhere they can be posted, which is the point of people asking for a forum for it.
There could be found a way around it without immediately proceeding to creating a new forum.
Originally posted by Bardock42
The History forum would get way more replies if it was somewhere accesible, like a subforum of the GDF.
People who are truly interested in history will find their way to the forum.

Bardock42
There could be found a way around it without immediately proceeding to creating a new forum.

People who are truly interested in history will find their way to the forum.

Wouldn't know how, but suggest.

Yeah, but people who would participate in historic discussion if it was under there nose and could contribute a lot, won't. Your point? If you hide the forum it won't get major traffic.

Mišt
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Like D&D or stuff like that. I personally think it'd be a forum worth visiting.

Yeah, forgot about D&D, could easily include that seeing how popular it is.

Yeah but, what harm would it do anyway, even if it was made and died in a week, just remove it...before I made this thread, I only knew a few people who played, then by chance found out Bardock played, and some others...its not something you would know how popular it would get until its done.srug

Ricodrayz

Yeah, but people who would participate in historic discussion if it was under there nose and could contribute a lot, won't. Your point? If you hide the forum it won't get major traffic. lol that doesn't explain the many people that voted for it and posted like twice then never again showed up in it. I am sure they know where it is. Oh and come on now, how lazy are people =O. Unless you assume people only post in the GDF and Off topic forum so they would have to scroll down to find it.

Ricodrayz
If it's a subforum of the VG forum it would by definition NOT be seperate from the VG forum, and it doesn't make sense to put something that's not video game-related as a subforum of the VG forum.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people are on here that would likely be interested in such a forum if it existed. I don't play Warhammer or something but I DO like gaming quite a lot (and would be much happier if any of my friends did as well), and I'd be willing to bet there's a lot of other people on here that may not see this thread due to never visiting N&Q that would be interested in such a forum. Well this isn't big enough to have it's oown forum so it would be better to be a sub forum. What better place to put a sub forum of different types of games than a video game forum. Of course Raz could give it it's own forum and watch it die evil:

§P0oONY
And your reasoning for voting against it was?

I have no interest in it. I don't want KMC filled with forums that I just don't give a shit about.

Bardock42

Bardock42
lol that doesn't explain the many people that voted for it and posted like twice then never again showed up in it. I am sure they know where it is. Oh and come on now, how lazy are people =O. Unless you assume people only post in the GDF and Off topic forum so they would have to scroll down to find it.

It is boring as hell there. Shit threads and shit people hanging out. Of course it won't become interesting if just History nerds and people that want to see like them post in it. I had a decent debate. But (who would have thought) with people who frequent the GDF and subforums. It basically belongs there anyways. That's where History Threads would have gone before.

§P0oONY
Kay. Why though?

General clutter... Forum Jump would get annoying with dozens of forums. Plus some forums just attract the wrong kind of people..... *cough* Anime/Manga *cough*

Bardock42

Syren

Bardock42
Originally posted by Syren
Voted yay, although I'm not a Warhammer fan. I think there are enough people interested to warrant such a subforum. It doesn't capture my interest in the way that other forums do but I don't think that's a valid reason to vote against.

Some might claim that is not a valid reason to vote for it though.

Syren
Some might claim that is not a valid reason to vote for it though.

They might. But I'd rather be positive and give something a chance than vote against it on the basis that it's not my favourite topic. Slightly selfish erm

Bardock42
They might. But I'd rather be positive and give something a chance than vote against it on the basis that it's not my favourite topic. Slightly selfish erm

I agree. I don't see the big deal with it anyways. One could give it a chance at least.

Syren
Exactly. You never know, I might find myself enjoying it immensely and be glad of the trial, if there is one smile

Storm
I don' t see why they couldn' t fit into the GDF as a starter.

Yeah, but people who would participate in historic discussion if it was under there nose and could contribute a lot, won't. Your point? If you hide the forum it won't get major traffic.
So new forums can' t be located in Miscellaneous because, although the interest was there, it supposedly wouldn' t be accessible because they are too lazy to scroll down the page.

Bardock42
I don' t see why they couldn' t fit into the GDF as a starter.

So new forums can' t be located in Miscellaneous because, although the interest was there, it supposedly wouldn' t be accessible because they are too lazy to scroll down the page.

Because no one there is interested in it? But hey we can try it, you know the last time it just lead to people creating a few History related topics in the GDF to get support.

No, I didn't say they can't, I just said they won't get as much traffic as they could. Which is true.

Ricodrayz
raz should make a forum called catfish. Vote yes to give it a try, if it fails then it fails. The forum could go deep in catfish legacy, and new species of cat fish.

Bardock42
raz should make a forum called catfish. Vote yes to give it a try, if it fails then it fails. The forum could go deep in catfish legacy, and new species of cat fish.

Funny.

§P0oONY
Voted yay, although I'm not a Warhammer fan. I think there are enough people interested to warrant such a subforum. It doesn't capture my interest in the way that other forums do but I don't think that's a valid reason to vote against.

If you read on. I continued with my reasoning....

Fire
I think we shouldn't be making forums just because there is 'support' for them. As Storm has probably already said there was a lot of support for the history forum too and that isn't really bursting with activity.

I'm not against new forums per se I'm just saying that I think they should be based on an amount of threads about a subject rather than just putting up a poll. To me contributing in ways of threads and -useful- replies shows more support to a forum then just clicking 'yes' in a poll.

Ricodrayz
Funny. I know, reading all your posts over the months and all, something must of rubbed off.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Fire
I think we shouldn't be making forums just because there is 'support' for them. As Storm has probably already said there was a lot of support for the history forum too and that isn't really bursting with activity.

I'm not against new forums per se I'm just saying that I think they should be based on an amount of threads about a subject rather than just putting up a poll. To me contributing in ways of threads and -useful- replies shows more support to a forum then just clicking 'yes' in a poll. lol well if some no body suggested this idea, I doubt people would care and would not support it as much. Most reponses is

"I am not into it but I will support it"

LOL

People wante dit to be a whole forum when at best it could be a subforum.

Diamonds
Voted yay - I don't see how it could bother anyone, and I might check it out since I'm not really a video gamer (Harry Potter and the Sims 2 is about all I play on stick out tongue), so it would be cool to see somewhere to talk about things that aren't just video games; so it will be for board games and any other kind of game (say...charades?)?

Mišt

I'm not against new forums per se I'm just saying that I think they should be based on an amount of threads about a subject rather than just putting up a poll. To me contributing in ways of threads and -useful- replies shows more support to a forum then just clicking 'yes' in a poll.

Originally posted by Raz
If you can get support for a forum, in the form of a poll, then I guess we could look into creating a dedicated form.

That's what was proposed, so that's what was done. srug

The History forum for example, even if a new forum wasnt made for it, the threads could still have been kept in the GDF, for general discussion. This topic doesnt suit the GDF. And I dont see a point in spamming the GDF with new Warhammer threads just to get a new forum made, people will start bitching about it because it doesnt
belong in there to start with.

BakaXero

Fire

Ushgarak
Those throwing out D&D as an example for this nidea are being a bit weird. D&D isn't a hobbyist miniatures game, it is an RP game, it can be and has been discussed in the RP area we have.

Syren
I know what Raz his policy is, I just don't agree with him on it.

I don't see why Warhammer or any other topic does not suit the GDF. That's a matter of opinion imo. Plus I never said people should start to spam GDF with threads to get a new forum. Yes this would probably be the result of my policy, but that's because people would abuse the policy. I think no one should make threads to get a new forum. Threads should be made because they want to talk about something they are interested in. If after a while it appears that there are quite a few active threads about a topic this could lead to a separate forum. But of course this is only my opinion and Raz is still the boss.

Make your own forum, I'd join stick out tongue

And those who are voting no, where's your Christmas spirit? Selfish blighters mhm

Fire
I'm not making my own forum I have everything I need right here and at the other forums (only 2) I'm a member off.

Ush is right about D&D: yes they have made a miniature game out of it but the core is an RPG. You can discuss that in the RP forum without anyone nagging to you about it. We will even participate in the thread. But if you really want to talk about D&D or any other WOTC products I'd advise you to join the WOTC boards. They're filled with RPG and miniature freaks (like me eek! )

Ricodrayz
So if I make a thread on Twister, or Dominos, how much pages will that get before it dies. I think their will be 5 actaive threads and teh rest die before it is created. Like you could see the people that vote yes said they don't even like the games but just said yes for support =O

Mišt
So if I make a thread on Twister, or Dominos, how much pages will that get before it dies. I think their will be 5 actaive threads and teh rest die before it is created. Like you could see the people that vote yes said they don't even like the games but just said yes for support =O

Yeah but, who the hell is gonna make threads about Twister or Dominos?
Didnt you read the first post? Its not about card games or that type of gaming. So far I've only proposed for the tabletop type of games but if someone wants other types of games then put it forwardsrug

Ricodrayz

Bardock42
I think this would make a good subforum somewhere lol not a whole forum. But no one wants it in the videogame forum. sad

Video game forum...
Sub forum- VS games
Sub forum 2- not video games but games.

Because that is idiotic reasoning. You don't make cheese a cheddar subforum.

Syren
Well said B! But I don't know if many people will understand that comparison srug

Bardock42
Well said B! But I don't know if many people will understand that comparison srug

Well, it is not quite accurate, but close enough.

lord xyz
Sure why not, but don't expect me to even go near it.

Ricodrayz
lol Ok people that want it so bad. Make a whole waste of a forum then and watch it have 2 good threads and die in a month..

Bardock42
Stupid

Ricodrayz
You have a way with words.

Bardock42
You have a way with words.

I was calling myself stupid.

Ricodrayz
and fish ride bicycles.

~Da Rev~

Solo
We need less forums, and more activity on the homepage.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Solo
do you even know what your on about?

Bardock42
and fish ride bicycles.

No, I am serious. I made a stupid statement which I do not wish to restate, realized the idiocy and edited it to a "stupid" referring to my post.

Aliies
I've been collecting Citadel Tabletop games for Eleven years, the only real way for it to be played is either a diplomatic RPG or in person using the minatures.

If there is a forum to be made on this subject, it would have to become an entire subforum to cover the many different aspects of the Warhammer universe, otherwise just utilyze the existing forums such as the co-author literature section or the RP Boards, with Ush's permission, that being...

But I hate to say that as much as I would spam a Warhammer thread and haunt it's very construction until my poisonous form has consumed every corner of it, a seperate Warhammer forum, be it inquisitor, 40k or fantasy would no be logical amidst the existing forums... So although I voted YAY to begin with, it now does not have my support after reading everyone else's opinions and points... Sorry Mist sad

Barker
Originally posted by Solo
I'd bet actual money that 90-95% of all registered members haven't seen the homepage since they registered on the forums.

Bloigen
I voted Yay because I like hammers. I don't know what the games are but I like hammers. Hammers are cool and I like them. I like hammers. Hammer's a good word aswell. Hammer. Hammer, hammer, hammer. I like hammers.

Hammer.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Barker
I'd bet actual money that 90-95% of all registered members haven't seen the homepage since they registered on the forums.

I have... hmm

~King of Pie~
People in the OTF are wanting a thread about trading card games. A forum like this would be the perfect place for it.

I think it's a brilliant idea.

star_scar_child
yea and im one of the members. i love discussiong card game strategies and other things like sweet cards or awesome combos. or even helpful tips on building decks. i also like to design my own mtg cards and see what people thing. but theres no where here to post it. in other words, brilliant idea

Scythe
Yeah, Magic: The Gathering forum, whoo!

~King of Pie~
Originally posted by Scythe
Yeah, Magic: The Gathering forum, whoo! 'Tis a D&D/Trading Card game/ Other hobbies forum

I think a good 25 people would do the trick. Plus I know there are a fair amount of people who'd join specifically for that purpose. I think we could pull it off.

star_scar_child
hahah he was just excited about the trading card aspect of it ^-^ tell you the truth so am i. but thats kinda odvious o-0

~King of Pie~
I hope they make it, it could be a good forum. I'd frequent it.

Marxman
sign me up for a gaming hobby forum!

~King of Pie~
This is getting a good bit of support.

WrathfulDwarf
I vote for this idea along with the idea for a Collectors Forum. Hobby and Collections go together like cherries and cheescake....Hmm....Cherry cakes.

~King of Pie~
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I vote for this idea along with the idea for a Collectors Forum. Hobby and Collections go together like cherries and cheescake....Hmm....Cherry cakes. It does sound like a worthy forum.

Marxman
For the Nay Sayers:

Examples of what can be discussed in these forums:

TCG forums:
I'm not really into them too much but different decks or styles of playing can be discussed, their advantages and disadvantages. New decks that are released. Someone who is more into that stuff would be better at explaining this.

DnD:
Discussion of Races/Class combinations. Advantages and disadvantages. People can share original quests. New ideas on classes and races. Random things that can be done during games.

Collector forums:
Discuss new released items. A place to set up trades.

There's just a few things that can be discussed.

Impediment

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Marxman
For the Nay Sayers:

Examples of what can be discussed in these forums:

TCG forums:
I'm not really into them too much but different decks or styles of playing can be discussed, their advantages and disadvantages. New decks that are released. Someone who is more into that stuff would be better at explaining this.

DnD:
Discussion of Races/Class combinations. Advantages and disadvantages. People can share original quests. New ideas on classes and races. Random things that can be done during games.

Collector forums:
Discuss new released items. A place to set up trades.

There's just a few things that can be discussed. Diablo, Warhammer, etc.

Barker
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Diablo, Warhammer, Pokemon cards etc.

~Pielover~
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Diablo, Warhammer, Pokemon cards, collectors items etc.

star_scar_child
gah, im still waiting for this forum anxiously. ^-^ please decide soon if you will put it up or not

~Pielover~
Well said B! But I don't know if many people will understand that comparison srug It took me a second....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.