Tony Stark vs Peter Parker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
If Tony had grown up with the same circumstances as Peter had. Without the money or the privileges. Would he have been as good a scientist without all that help. What if Peter had been raised with the silver spoon in his mouth Tony was would he have been an even better Ironman?

So what I ask is two scenarios.
1. Peter and Tony are both raised the same with the same problems growing up. Lets say in a different universe Tony was from Forest Hills and he got bit by the spider instead. Would he have been Spiderman? If so, would he have been as good of one or better?

2. They are both raised with the billionaire playboy future in front of them. Would Peter have been the scientist that Tony became? Could he have even been a better Ironman with the same resources?

So basically under the same conditions which would prove to be the smarter, or just better hero or scientist?

MightyEInherjar
Peter wins.

If Tony would have grown up like Peter, he'd be even an even more raging alcoholic than he is now. He wouldn't even have to somber up for public appearances like he does, and he never would have had the drive or care to find the equipment he needed after Ben died.

guy222
Originally posted by Entity
If Tony had grown up with the same circumstances as Peter had. Without the money or the privileges. Would he have been as good a scientist without all that help. What if Peter had been raised with the silver spoon in his mouth Tony was would he have been an even better Ironman?

So what I ask is two scenarios.
1. Peter and Tony are both raised the same with the same problems growing up. Lets say in a different universe Tony was from Forest Hills and he got bit by the spider instead. Would he have been Spiderman? If so, would he have been as good of one or better?

2. They are both raised with the billionaire playboy future in front of them. Would Peter have been the scientist that Tony became? Could he have even been a better Ironman with the same resources?

So basically under the same conditions which would prove to be the smarter, or just better hero or scientist?

peter

Dreampanther
Hmm, the age-old nature vs nurture debate...

Though researchers disagree, I'm inclined to believe that somebody with Peter's character would have risen to the top, no matter what the circumstances.

Conversely, as MightyEInherjar stated, I believe Tony would have abused his powers, as he doesn't have the sense of responsibilty Peter has.

But this is kind of in the air, as I said, lots of research has been done about this question - check out studies on twins for more information.

Bouboumaster
It's not really a good match. You should have compare Parker with Banner. The fact is that Stark and Parker are studying in two differents thing.

Parker is in the Pym's league. Stark is in the league of Doom, in the robots league, lol.

Hi, I'm new.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.