Thanos runs the JLA gauntlet....for the love of Mistress Death!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Mistress Death summons Thanos and tells him that he has but one task to complete in order to finally win her love....defeat the JLA!!!

No problem, right? Well, not exactly. After trying everything he can think of to try and win Death's love, defeating the JLA shouldn't be much of a problem...or so Thanos thinks.

"Finally, I can win my love's cold dark heart...forever! Pity anything or anyone that stands in my way!!!" thinks the mad Titan as he grins ever so slightly....

Thanos must complete the entire gauntlet, or else he does not win Mistress Death's heart. Mistress Death grants him 1 hour of prep against his enemies...before he enters the gauntlet. Once he enters the gauntlet, there's no turning back. Both parties will be fighting to thier fullest....trying everything in their power to stop the mad Titan...for if he succeeds, their universe will be destroyed.

How far will Thanos get before he gets overwhelmed and defeated? Will he clear it all the way thru? Where will he stop? A deserted alien planet similar to Earth will be the setting for the battle....here are the JLA members Thanos will be facing off with.......

1. Plastic Man

2. Plastic Man and Aquaman

3. Plastic Man, Aquaman, and Orion

4. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

5. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., and Firestorm

6. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, and Flash

7. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, Flash, and Martian Manhunter

8. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, Flash, M.M., and Zatanna

9. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, Flash, M.M., Zatanna, and Wonder Woman

10. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, Flash, M.M., Zatanna, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel (Shazam)

11. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, Flash, M.M., Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and Zauriel

12. Plastic Man, Aquaman, Orion, G.L., Firestorm, Flash, M.M., Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Zauriel, and Superman.

Will the Mad Titan complete the gauntlet and finally win the heart of his one true love......MISTRESS DEATH? You decide!!!! Discuss......................

King Kandy
stops at five, if he's Reeeaaalllyyy lucky, six.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by King Kandy
stops at five, if he's Reeeaaalllyyy lucky, six.

Really?!? Interesting.....what do the rest of you think??? Who disagrees with Mr. Kandy??

Comicbook_kid
confused Ummmm, c'mon JLA and Thanos fans...............how 'bout it???

db_renji
Number 5 stops him hard. But if he is running on pure adrenaline, maybe 7. Definitely not past 8.

Martian_mind
He is really buggered at 8 but will have a tough time with 5donatello

Wally West
I think with an hours prep he could get past 5, which most people seem to think he would stop at for some reason.

And add to the prep the fact he is continually facing the same opponent's over and over, he will learn how to quickly take out Plastic Man, Aquaman etc after repeatidly beating them and reduce the numbers in each fight very quickly. His shields could keep most of his enemies at bay and I doubt many of them could stand up to lots of all-out blasts from him or physically fight him for a long period of time. Not sure where he stops (maybe 10-ish), but with the prep and his opponent's not getting any its not 5.

Its not even been said if the JLA members are fully healed and rested after each fight, if they weren't he'd probably walk it.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Wally West
I think with an hours prep he could get past 5, which most people seem to think he would stop at for some reason.

And add to the prep the fact he is continually facing the same opponent's over and over, he will learn how to quickly take out Plastic Man, Aquaman etc after repeatidly beating them and reduce the numbers in each fight very quickly.

Wally, Thanos won't be facing the same opponent over and over. What I'm wanting to know is which one of the twelve teams would it take to finally overwhelm Thanos and put him down (if any); without having to run the same gauntlet over and over. He's only facing his opponents once and once only; so which team would it be that finally takes Thanos down?

For instance, if you say #9, then Thanos won't be facing the same opponents 8 times over...just the once. Just pretend the previous 8 never happened. Just pick ONE team and that will be the only fight Thanos will be fighting. Hope that makes sense...because that's how I meant this gauntlet to be. Sorry about the confusion. wink

Wally West
Oh in that case he definatly isn't losing at 5!

If his prep is all going into just one fight and he knows exactly who he is facing, I wouldn't put it past him to sneak some wins against even the last team. I'll say with just the hour though 9 or 10 might overwhielm him, but he has faced hundreds/thousands of opponent's at once before so he has experience at huge numbers of enemies.

King Kandy
Oh. In that case, he gets to ten.

Madvillain
He clears the gauntlet.

I take it that he has immortality in this gauntlet, since he's trying to attain Death's approval. In the hour, he goes back in time to when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Yup, with the Gauntlet in hand, he clears this fairly easily.

Thanos ftw.

Howard_Jones
I doubt he'd be packing the gauntlet. He'd probably nab something from Dr. Strange, come with an army of clones, etc.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Madvillain
He clears the gauntlet.

I take it that he has immortality in this gauntlet, since he's trying to attain Death's approval. In the hour, he goes back in time to when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Yup, with the Gauntlet in hand, he clears this fairly easily.

Thanos ftw.

The Infinity Gauntlet isn't allowed...that's too easy a solution and takes the fun out of the whole fight. Let's just say Thanos steps up to the challenge of this without the Infinity Gauntlet because he wants to test himself to see if he can do it without an easy victory!! And no, he isn't immortal in this fight either; nor can he get help from other heroes, skyfathers, abstract beings, etc....

Bentley
Thanos clears it, mostly because he is crazy and he will do something equally crazy (like cloning himself like there is no tomorrow or something like that) to win, thinking out of the box will grant him the victory in the end.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
The Infinity Gauntlet isn't allowed...that's too easy a solution and takes the fun out of the whole fight. Let's just say Thanos steps up to the challenge of this without the Infinity Gauntlet because he wants to test himself to see if he can do it without an easy victory!! And no, he isn't immortal in this fight either; nor can he get help from other heroes, skyfathers, abstract beings, etc....

Then a Cosmic Cube should do the trick.

Still clears it.

MightyEInherjar
Is this semi-current Thanos, like as in a few hours before he died?

If so, he uses his prep time to either A) Somehow channel all the Power Cosmic stored in Annihilus's ship or B) Swipes whatever useful tech he can from the Wave, and outfit himself like never before.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Is this semi-current Thanos, like as in a few hours before he died?

No, this is just classic Thanos...as seen in the Infinity Gauntlet and the Thanos Quest series...

TricksterPriest
Given an Hour of prep, he can clear this. You know how people say Reed&Doom can beat anyone with prep? Well, Thanos is even better. In fact, only Doc Strange outclasses Thanos on prep, and the difference isn't as big as some would say.... So yeah, he can clear this. But he might get stopped at the last two since you handicapped his power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.