Marv from Sin City (VS.) The Kingpin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
After taking over Hell's Kitchen, Wilson Fisk takes a trip to Sin City to become the new Kingpin of Crime there. Eventually, he runs afoul of Marv...and the two do not get along. In fact, they end up trying to kill one another immediately.

They face off against each other in one of Kingpin's fancy penthouses. Kingpin has his multi-weaponed canes available. Marv has a baseball bat, a machete, a lead pipe, and a hatchet....Bloodlust is most definately ON for both.....Does Marv have a chance against the Kingpin of Crime????

DigiMark007
Classic Kingpin = Classic Spidey. No joke...dude's a beast.

Current KP is more or less a lot worse. They took off a lot of his fat, and made him appear to be << Daredevil in some recent comics, which is already <<< any version of Spidey.

So, current, I guess Marv. But KP at his prime punks him hard.

Kurash
Marv was one tough dude, pure badass, id say he takes it

Muck101
Marv. All the way.

grey fox
Marv was cutting through riot armour with just a goddamn hatchet. He hacks Kingpin to pieces.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Classic Kingpin = Classic Spidey. No joke...dude's a beast.

Current KP is more or less a lot worse.

Yes, both opponents are in their prime at their peak for this battle....and I agree with you about the difference now and then...big difference. But yes, just for the record...this is classic Kingpin in his prime in top shape!!!

Comicbook_kid
Happy Dance

don't shiv
Marv is your Regular Space Age Leonidas.

Comicbook_kid
Classic Kingpin has held his own with the likes of Spidey and Daredevil....walked away and lived to fight another day. Now, do you think Marv would fare as well against the likes Spidey and D.D.?

Comicbook_kid
banginAnyone else got any insight to this fight??chair

complexbrother
Marv will beat Kingbin to a bloody pulp .

Kutulu
I'm going with Marv on this... he was basically a low level meta.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Classic Kingpin has held his own with the likes of Spidey and Daredevil....walked away and lived to fight another day. Now, do you think Marv would fare as well against the likes Spidey and D.D.?

Yeah he just might.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah he just might.

he didn't exactly (if this is a reference to the film marv) do great against a agile opponent erm

Alfheim
Originally posted by Utrigita
he didn't exactly (if this is a reference to the film marv) do great against a agile opponent erm

He did alright. no expression

endrict

He also came back and kicked Kevin's ass.

endrict
Marv got blinded, that's what Fu@ked him over...he probably would have won sooner or later.

Utrigita

He got his ass kicked until he handcuffed him during the second encounter no expression

endrict
He got his ass kicked until he handcuffed him during the second encounter no expression

Because he got blinded and he's not use to that.

Utrigita
Originally posted by endrict
Because he got blinded and he's not use to that.

He got blinded confused Think I will just review it wink

Thorion
Marv was definitely superhuman. His durability was top notch. I'd say that he could hold his own against the majority of street levellers. The reason why I say he loses to Kp, though is that to beat Classic KP you had to 1. Be faster/more agile then him or 2. Be stronger then him. Marv is neither. Awesome character, though.

Cap'n Happy
Classic Kingpin would win, after a tuff, brutal half hour of blood and broken bones. For his first ten years or so, Kingpin was clearly portrayed as having above human strength (toe to toe w/ Spidey, thrashing DD, crushing concrete and crumpling steel w/ punches, ect)- maybe half as strong as Spidey, which out classes Marv.

endrict
He got blinded confused Think I will just review it wink

Yeah..I am sure Kevin cut Marv's face up and blinding him. Marv could't see and started to swing all over the place..I think I am correct.

King_Mungi
Yeah..I am sure Kevin cut Marv's face up and blinding him. Marv could't see and started to swing all over the place..I think I am correct.

Yes he was blinded..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ohg2LrSh9ME

celestialdemon

You are correct, but even in their second fight, Marv was still getting beat up until he handcuffed Kevin.

psycho gundam
uummm spidey lifts ten tonnes so not half, more like 800lbs. i want to know how marvs dirty ass got in fisk's pristine penthouse and not getting tired from security trying to kill him? hoboes dont just walk in you know, and 7 foot ones with hatchets get noticed.

severance
I think KP has more skill and possibly more strength. But Marv is a psycho who will do anything. Also the guy just doesn't quit! I see KP thinking he's beaten Marv to a bloody pulp and getting a hatchet thru the skull as he lets down his guard

Madvillain
Since we're dealing with weapons, I'll give the advantage to Marv.

King Pin would whoop his ass in h2h combat though.

Darth Martin
Depends on which Kingpin. Cause Marv is definately tougher. I'd say Fisk has more skill though. And he's no joke he goes toe to toe with Daredevil and Spiderman on a normal basis.

Madvillain
Well he can go toe to toe with Spider-Man, because Spidey doesn't go all out on him. Spider-Man could easily kill King Pin if he wanted.

But yeah, King Pin is still excellent in h2h, and he is incredibly agile for his bulk. He would beat Marv down in a fair one.

severance
Originally posted by Madvillain
Well he can go toe to toe with Spider-Man, because Spidey doesn't go all out on him. Spider-Man could easily kill King Pin if he wanted.

But yeah, King Pin is still excellent in h2h, and he is incredibly agile for his bulk. He would beat Marv down in a fair one.

ah but Marv don't fight fair!!

Madvillain
Originally posted by severance
ah but Marv don't fight fair!!

True, but when I say a fair one, I'm strictly refering to h2h.

Darth Martin
I don't know Marv all out fights very sick and brutal. Kinda like an amped up Fran Castle with wwaaayyy less skill and smarts.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I don't know Marv all out fights very sick and brutal. Kinda like an amped up Fran Castle with wwaaayyy less skill and smarts.
Exactly. Kingpin knows martial arts, is stronger, more agile and calculating. He'd probably get Marv in a grapple and snap his neck.

Darth Martin
He ain't snapping Marv's neck. We are talking about a guy that has the durability level if not more than Frank Castle.

Kutulu
Marv was able to cut through riot gear armor with just a hatchet.

The guy is deadly with just the most basic weapon.

Madvillain
King Pin has crushed a man's skull before with his bare hands. If he gets Marv in a grapple, I could see him snapping. King Pin also incredibly durable mind you. There's no way Marv will get the better of him in hand to hand combat though. That is what he is most proficient at.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Madvillain
King Pin has crushed a man's skull before with his bare hands. If he gets Marv in a grapple, I could see him snapping. King Pin also incredibly durable mind you. There's no way Marv will get the better of him in hand to hand combat though. That is what he is most proficient at.

That may be so, but for this fight Marv gets the hatchet. devil2

severance
bullets knives great falls don't stop Marv. So being hit by a 450lb gorilla like fisk is not going to either

Cap'n Happy
Loved the comics, loved the movie- but no way Marv wins. Marv would be a better match up with some of the enforcer type's that Kingpin has employed over the years, like Ox, Man-mountain Marko, and Tombstone. Marv wins all of these, but Fisk is too much for him.
And please, stop under-powering the 'Pin! An 800 lb press is nothing- hardly more than Olympic/Power lifting champs do in the real world. Go look at the comics- Kingpin is way beyond this level of strength.

Darth Martin
800 lb is SUPPOSED to be Captain America's strength level. erm

severance
if i remeber rightly handbook has KP strength at 650lbs. We know what we think of handbooks round here. If he's got stronger feats on panel that is what counts

redhotrash
Marv drove a guys skull into and dented a brick wall. The guy survived the electric chair. With no effort he snapped a man's forearm. Kingpin wouldnt want to fight someone like that.

severance
Originally posted by redhotrash
Marv drove a guys skull into and dented a brick wall. The guy survived the electric chair. With no effort he snapped a man's forearm. Kingpin wouldnt want to fight someone like that.

no your right he would throw a hundred underlings at him first but MArv would still keep coming

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by severance
if i remeber rightly handbook has KP strength at 650lbs. We know what we think of handbooks round here. If he's got stronger feats on panel that is what counts

The problem with the handbooks is that the people who wrote them don't bother to checkout impressive strength/lifts in the real world... they just picked amounts that sounded impressive and wrote it down. You have to ignore them and look at the feats of Kingpin:

- punhces that seriously hurt Spider-man (Fisk not as strong by a lot, but no wight lifter of 650 lbs strength could even get Spidey's attention).
- He once had a secret room where he kept his files. No lock on the door, just a massive, steel door that weighed tons. It took Daredevil minutes of all-out effort to open it a crack. Fisk flung it wide open with one tug.
- has routinely wrenched car doors off, riped down steel bars, delivered punches that shatter concrete.

I could go on, but the point is, he's powerful. even today, slightly lesser than classic Kingpin, Wilson Fisk is easily twice as strong as those guys you see on strongman contest on ESPN- easily overhead presses 1200 lbs. or more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.