I bought KOTOR!!!11!!1oneone!!nine!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican
Am I hip yet! eek!

Null ARC Avis
enjoy the next 50 hours of you life, because they will be spent on that game.

aldisyoyo
o so very true

zephiel7
Oh yes.

The next fifty hours of your life shall be perhaps some of your best. Treasure it. Cherish this moment.

Blaxican
I guess Im screwed then. I bought KOTOR 2 Also...

Sexyback
You need to have bought PoD to be considered hip.

Blaxican
Read it, didn't like it.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Blaxican
Read it, didn't like it.

Blax! But Bane is black, just like you!

S_W_LeGenD
Excellent Game Series indeed.

Start with KOTOR I. And if you want any tips, you can ask me. wink

Blaxican
Originally posted by zephiel7
Blax! But Bane is black, just like you!

nah, hes more of a Michael Jackson black, like Lando. Doesn't, doesn't count.

General Kenobl
LOL, I spent 10 hours straight on the PC playing KOTOR.

aldisyoyo
lol, to gamerhelp.com! (i used it 4 other games but not kotor)

Tangible God
You bought KOTOR 2? What a waste of money.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
enjoy the next 50 hours of you life, because they will be spent on that game.
Oh? I took me half that time on my first try.

General G
me too, alright, maybe 26-27 hours, but after that, took me less than 1 day when I played it again

Blaxican
Currently, my character has become a Padawan and is doing that grove thing on Dantooine.

Valdis05
u got a long time ahead of you then

General G
you got past taris? good, that was the worst part of the game in my opinion but was fun nonetheless. It's all fun from here smile

Valdis05
Originally posted by Tangible God
You bought KOTOR 2? What a waste of money.

what Kotor 2 is way better than Kotor 1 in so many ways. except the side quests.

Blaxican
smile

What setting did you guys choose when you played ti for the first time? Im doing normal.

Valdis05
yeah i hate that sewers bit in taris.

Valdis05
i just left the setting were it was

General G
there's different settings? blink

S_W_LeGenD
smile

What setting did you guys choose when you played ti for the first time? Im doing normal.
Normal setting is recommended. And I used it.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Valdis05
what Kotor 2 is way better than Kotor 1 in so many ways. except the side quests.
Story of KOTOR I is much better.

KOTOR II's story is not very awe-inspiring.

But both games are interesting in their own ways though. And I use some "Mods" to greatly improve game-play in KOTOR I.

Valdis05
yeah kotors story is better. is it just me or is kotor 2 darker, it just its every time i play it it is darker than kotor 1

General G
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Story of KOTOR I is much better.

KOTOR II's story is not very awe-inspiring.

But both games are interesting in their own ways though. And I use some "Mods" to greatly improve game-play in KOTOR I.

Yuck, mods, I never use them, I figure if I don't like the game the way it was supposed to be played, I probably am not supposed to or probably won't

Valdis05
and i only played them on xbox so i dident have any mods

General G
yeah kotors story is better. is it just me or is kotor 2 darker, it just its every time i play it it is darker than kotor 1

It really is, even on the light side, it is dark, maybe too dark, but on the dark side, it's great evil face

Valdis05
and i dont no why but i just rather kotor 2

Valdis05
with the dark stuff i think is all to do with all the exchange and that sithlord that kills planats and the one thats got all htose scars (cant spell their names), or maybe its just the music.

S_W_LeGenD
When I played KOTOR I for the very first time, I did not used any Mods. I played it plainly as it was mean't to be.

But for re-playability factor I use a few Mods that only enhance Game-Play factor of KOTOR I and not those that can mess with KOTOR's engine.

The reason is that I don't like the limitation of Levels in KOTOR I, and because of this limitation, your character can't progress very much. Thus I use some alternate means to make my character more powerful.

But KOTOR II's Leveling-Up is much greater.

Valdis05
yeah and you have more feats and stuff on kotor 2

Kadesh
i was dissapointed by the K2 AI, wasnt aschallenging as the first game though,

Banes black??

Sexyback
Brownish black, as shown in PoD and BotS. But on the cover of PoD, he's white. Perhaps the darkside turned him black...

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by General G
you got past peragus? good, that was the worst part of the game in my opinion but was fun nonetheless. It's all fun from here smile
thumb up thumb up

Valdis05
Originally posted by Kadesh
i was dissapointed by the K2 AI, wasnt aschallenging as the first game though.

really i dident notice.

Valdis05
what the hell is wrong with my quote, i will try again

Valdis05
Originally posted by Kadesh
i was dissapointed by the K2 AI, wasnt aschallenging as the first game though.

yeah well like i said i dident notice that

aldisyoyo
OMG...3 posts in a row!!!

zephiel7
smile

Normal is good, although if you use a bit of tactics, difficulty setting is also a breeze.

The game is moderately easy-lightly medium.

What class combination are you? The best is scout/sentinel. By the end with the right robes/stimulants, lightsaber crystals, you will effectively be as strong as strong as a guardian with the sbaer and as strong in the force as a counsellor.

I was kicking serious dark Jedi ass, with this combination.

Any class is good though. Its really up to preference.

General Kenobl
Well because the game is mostly martial and requires you most of them to kill with a lightsaber, a Jedi Guardian/Soldier is the combo I used.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by General Kenobl
Well because the game is mostly martial and requires you most of them to kill with a lightsaber, a Jedi Guardian/Soldier is the combo I used.
I used this combo in my first game-play in KOTOR.

Now! I am using Scout/Consular Combo and have realized that it is one of the best Combo's possible in KOTOR.

You get the luxury of "implants" as a gift and can learn a load of Force Powers. And smart choices in boosting and improving the "Attributes", also help a lot.

General Kenobl
Yes, but if you are going to go Scout/Consular, its A LOT more benefitial if you go Dark because you get access to all of the Dark Sides killer moves.

Blaxican
I'm Soldier/Gaurdian, Im aiming for the light side ending, and uh... so far my party of choice is Bastila and I alternate between Canderous and Carth.

General Kenobl
Thats why I did primarily.

Revan- Leader- Soldier/Jedi Guardian
Canderous Ordo- Shooter (awesome with guns)
Bastila/Jolee {if Bastila gets boring and Jolee is primarily for the Force}

Where are you anyway Blax?

Blaxican
What do you mean what am I?

Also, we don't play as Revan, right? Because my character is having visions about him, not being him. Or is their some twist later?

Akademik

Also, we don't play as Revan, right? Because my character is having visions about him, not being him. Or is their some twist later?

Trust me... play the game and you'll receive the answer to that question -- you'll get all giddy when you find out.

aldisyoyo

r u talkin bout kotor 1? cuz if u r then just wait till u get the 3rd star map

Tangible God
what Kotor 2 is way better than Kotor 1 in so many ways. except the side quests. Yeah, the storyline of 2 was uber-awesome. In comparison, KOTOR I was a piece of shit.

Valdis05
The game is moderately easy-lightly medium.

What class combination are you? The best is scout/sentinel. By the end with the right robes/stimulants, lightsaber crystals, you will effectively be as strong as strong as a guardian with the sbaer and as strong in the force as a counsellor.

I was kicking serious dark Jedi ass, with this combination.

Any class is good though. Its really up to preference.

i was either rouge/counsellor or scout/counsellor i like to use the force powers. its also good if you dint let ur main character level up until you become a jedi, then you can become way more powerful.

Sexyback
I picked jedi guardian, because it makes more sense given the class description, and Revan's mission.

General Kenobl
Blax, where are you in the game?

Blaxican
Like I said earlier, Im on Dantooine. I just solved that murder case.

General Kenobl
You should go to Tatooine afterwards {thats what I did}

Sexyback
Korriban's the funnest part of the game.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Sexyback
Korriban's the funnest part of the game.

Oh yeah.

Actually the funnest is the part where you board the leviathan. IMO.

aldisyoyo
You should go to Tatooine afterwards {thats what I did}
same here

Valdis05
complete mannan last, becase when you do it gets closed of, and so many of the side quests happen there

aldisyoyo
complete mannan last, becase when you do it gets closed of, and so many of the side quests happen there
If u destroy the kolto harvester though, u can stay as long as u want

General Kenobl
Isn't that the dark side option though?

aldisyoyo
Isn't that the dark side option though?
no, the dark side option is to kill mr. kolto gaurdian, but both ways u go 2 court, but if u destroy the machine then tell them that and u r free

Darth Sexiest

Somone speaks the truth... stick out tongue

kamhal
lol. KOTOR II is just crap close to KOTOR. First, it has a crappy plot. Second, Paragus is deadly boring, followed by Telos... (Taris is 1000x times more fun to play...). Then they continue the previously plot very badly, they make inconsistances (for example Canderous stated Malachor V as a great batlle, however in KOTOR II the battle was simply to turn on the Mass Shadow Generator), the villains are stupid, i mean, Nihilus kills and entire planet with hundreds of jedis just like that and he is a wound in the force (WTF???), Sion can be slashed over and over again yet he didn't die (i ask myself how anakin, the choosen one, after mustafar in which suffer 10x times less injuries then sion lost so much power, yet sion not oly survive as he is so powerful...). Also, to be even better Kreia is even stronger and kills 3 jedi masters with 1 (!!!) force attack. Let's join the fact that the jedi exile was an "average jedi" stated by master vandar yet he became much more powerful because he "drain power from the the others"? I mean, all this is just not acceptable in the star wars and the force world...

More: the end is a completly crap, the sidequests are just bullshit, we never know what we are doing, there are to many pieces left out of the loop and stuff unfinished, everything is deadly boring (i never truely enjoyed any moment of the game i think), they repeat BADLY the planets (Dantoine and Korriban just lost his magic...) and by the end the game is not even challenging anymore, a jedi master or a sith lord can kill everybody around you without suffer 1 point of damage. I can even give stasis field, insanity or even kill on Sion! At least Malak gave me something to do. By the way the influence system is just BAD, i was just doing the game in order to have the right people on the right spots, which took must of the fun of being everywhere with everyone you want, and i hated to have so many jedis on my team, just took all the magic, i would prefer a thousand times to have just 1 or 2 with me, not EVERYONE. Also, there was no surprises during the game while in KOTOR i was actually surprised with the revelations and the plot turn, in KOTOR II was everything too much previsible.
So, do you want yo compare KOTOR II with I? Why do you think KOTOR was game of the year 2003 and KOTOR II didn't won awards?

Sexyback
KotOR 2 had more potential, but was wushed.

zephiel7
KotOR 2 had more potential, but was wushed.

Wushed? You sound like a 4 year old girl trying to say "rushed"?stick out tongue

Sexyback
laughing
Or Jonathon Ross.

overlord
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
enjoy the next 50 hours of you life, because they will be spent on that game. Wow, fifty hours? That is a lot of minutes in gameplay isn't it?
Brownish black, as shown in PoD and BotS. But on the cover of PoD, he's white. Perhaps the darkside turned him black... To be black is to be eval. Everyone knows that..

Valdis05
i cant be arsed to quote you kamhal, but with Dantoine and Korriban loosing there magic, no i think ur wrong, because with korriban it is meant to be a drak and evil place, in KOTOR 1 i didnt really get that feeling, but in 2 i did, but yeah with 2 dantoine was kinda boring.

Valdis05
dark* and evil place

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.