A team trying to snap the rope of Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can these guys snap the rope?They are in bloodlust

Right Side
Ymir
Surtur
Full Size Odin

&

Left Side
Full Potential Hulk
Drax with Power Gem
Thanos(Enlarged via Matter Manipulation)

Draco69
No. The lasso is completely and utterly unbreakable. In order to break the lasso, one would have to be powerful enough to break down the laws of truth. Which means one would have to be powerful enough to break down the laws of the universe (physics, mathematics, etc.) and nullify anything that is "truth" null and void.

No physical force can break it. It would have to be someone on the order of the Living Tribunal, Mr. Myx or Thanos with the HOTU.

StarsNeverFall7
Hasn't Superman broken it before?? Im not familiar with the story behind it or anything, just thought I've read it somewhere.

Wally West
Bizzaro broke it in Trinity, but I don't think thats officially in continuity and hes a backwards character anyway so it might work differently on him.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Hasn't Superman broken it before?? Im not familiar with the story behind it or anything, just thought I've read it somewhere.

As draco said,one would have to be on the level of myx or the tribunal to do so.So supes meets all the classifications.

Madvillain
ymir and surtur should be able to break it. im pretty sure they could nullify the laws binding the lasso.

Draco69
Originally posted by Madvillain
ymir and surtur should be able to break it. im pretty sure they could nullify the laws binding the lasso.

Are they powerful enough to alter all time-space laws in the universe?

For example, they have to be powerful enough to destroy and reconstruct the mathematical principle that 2+2 = 4 (this is absolute truth) into 2+2 = 7 or fish or zombie.

I doubt Surtur or Ymir are....

Draco69
Originally posted by Wally West
Bizzaro broke it in Trinity, but I don't think thats officially in continuity and hes a backwards character anyway so it might work differently on him.

It was Elseworlds. Diana was massively weaker in that incarnation. She couldn't even fly.

Also for some bizarre reason, Artemis was a pink-haired teenager.....

Wally West
Originally posted by Draco69
Diana was massively weaker in that incarnation. She couldn't even fly. Are you sure about that, I don't have it with me to check but I'm certain she could, I know she has the jet but I don't think its said anywhere she can't fly. I will have to check confused

Draco69
Originally posted by Wally West
Are you sure about that, I don't have it with me to check but I'm certain she could, I know she has the jet but I don't think its said anywhere she can't fly. I will have to check confused

She was more like her Pre-Crisis version. For example, she immediately lost her powers once her arms were bound.

That's why she almost died trying to battle Ra Ghul.

It was a craptacular comic in the eyes of WW fans.

Unfortunately, everyone who has no knowledge of WW for some reason read this comic. Very irritating....

MR.Grum
Originally posted by Martian_mind
As draco said,one would have to be on the level of myx or the tribunal to do so.So supes meets all the classifications. laughing

MR.Grum
It was Elseworlds. Diana was massively weaker in that incarnation. She couldn't even fly.

Also for some bizarre reason, Artemis was a pink-haired teenager..... ok but even then wouldent that turth bind enchanment even matter ether way you dont have to breack the rope just make her lose her grip witch isnt that hard

grey fox
Aquarian could POSSIBLY do it.

Scoobless

For example, they have to be powerful enough to destroy and reconstruct the mathematical principle that 2+2 = 4 (this is absolute truth) into 2+2 = 7 or fish or zombie.

Is that all? ... then Noh-Varr (Marvel Boy) could do it ... he may only be Spider-Man level but he can alter the laws of physics.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8002/pocketbattlefield1eh2.th.jpg http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9161/pocketbattlefield2is0.th.jpg

stick out tongue

Anyway ... I'd think having two or more people of around Odin level could cancel out any magic performed by the Greek Gods.

It was a craptacular comic in the eyes of WW fans.

Both of them?

laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Scoobless
Is that all? ... then Noh-Varr (Marvel Boy) could do it ... he may only be Spider-Man level but he can alter the laws of physics.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8002/pocketbattlefield1eh2.th.jpg http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9161/pocketbattlefield2is0.th.jpg

stick out tongue

Anyway ... I'd think having two or more people of around Odin level could cancel out any magic performed by the Greek Gods.

Both of them?

laughing out loud

The Lasso is beyond the magic of the greek Gods. The material was given to The Goddes Geia by the Presence himself.

Scoobless
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The Lasso is beyond the magic of the greek Gods. The material was given to The Goddes Geia by the Presence himself.

You'd think he could of come up with a better gift than a piece of glowing string... this guy is never gonna get laid.

smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Scoobless
You'd think he could of come up with a better gift than a piece of glowing string... this guy is never gonna get laid.

smile

The Lasso comes from a greater piece called the Girdle of Geia.

Evangel94
Breaking the laws of physics? That gets done on a daily basis in the Marvel Universe. Even if the lasso was broken, making sure 2+2=4 is least of the Marvel universe's worries. Living Tribunal could just snap his fingers and restore order instaneously regardless if the lasso is broken or not.

Forget breaking the lasso...how would the lasso hold these people:

Sandman
Hyrdoman
Tempest
Reed Richards

Can you imagine wonder woman trying to lasso "classic" juggernaut? Oh man she would probably just be dragged along on the ground as Juggernaut walked foward.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
Breaking the laws of physics? That gets done on a daily basis in the Marvel Universe. Even if the lasso was broken, making sure 2+2=4 is least of the Marvel universe's worries.

Sandman
Hyrdoman
Tempest
Reed Richards
it's held Non corpreal Gods before. I dont' see them being a problem. ALl the lasso has to do is touch the form of something with some conciousness in it. I.E. Iceman's Mind in a body of water, the lasso has to do but touch the water.

roughrider
So at the very least, it will take a reality warper to get around the physical laws of the universe, to do this.
I wonder if the Scarlet Witch, at just her standard level, could negate the effect of the lasso with her hex. HOM Wanda certainly could.

roughrider
Anyone else?

Brian Oswald
Jamie Braddock

xmarksthespot
Roma maybe.

darthgoober
What about He Man? If he's as strong as he needs to be, and he needs to break the lasso, do you guys think he could do it?

boriquaking55
Power Gem > Lasso

screw Drax - he gives the gem to Thanos

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Power Gem > Lasso

screw Drax - he gives the gem to Thanos

I don't give a damn how strong you are, you can't break the lasso unless you can change laws of the universe.

Priest
I don't give a damn how strong you are, you can't break the lasso unless you can change laws of the universe.

Trion Juggernaut and SuperBoy Prime are able to break the laws of physics with their strength, easily punching through dimentions imo.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Trion Juggernaut and SuperBoy Prime are able to break the laws of physics with their strength, easily punching through dimentions imo.

No not break the laws of physics, you have to change them. You have to make 2=2 = fish in order to break the lasso.

Priest
No not break the laws of physics, you have to change them. You have to make 2=2 = fish in order to break the lasso.
fair enough.
Dr. Strange for the win.

nvrbeenwthagirl
fair enough.
Dr. Strange for the win.

Can strange change truth? On a universal Lvl? Scarlet witch maybe. Strange no.

breeze85
Actually I find it quite interesting what would happen if the Power Gem was used to the fullest in order to break the lasso. Only God knows what would happen.

darthgoober
Originally posted by darthgoober
What about He Man? If he's as strong as he needs to be, and he needs to break the lasso, do you guys think he could do it?

Draco69
Originally posted by MR.Grum
ok but even then wouldent that turth bind enchanment even matter ether way you dont have to breack the rope just make her lose her grip witch isnt that hard

It's a tug o' war with the rope itself. Not breaking WW's grip...

no expression

Draco69
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Jamie Braddock

He's a universal reality manipulator so yes, possibly.

Draco69
Breaking the laws of physics? That gets done on a daily basis in the Marvel Universe. Even if the lasso was broken, making sure 2+2=4 is least of the Marvel universe's worries. Living Tribunal could just snap his fingers and restore order instaneously regardless if the lasso is broken or not.

The UNIVERSAL laws of truth. It has to affect the entire universe in order for the lasso's power of truth to be nullified. Not just a small portion. It would be a "lie" amidst the greater truth.

It would take someone with god-like power (like Jamie Braddock or Living Tribunal) to alter truth everywhere right down to the miniscule scale.

Sandman
Hyrdoman
Tempest
Reed Richards

Magic. You're thinking in terms of real-world. For example, how the hell can Thor's hammer deflect energy blasts? If the energy blasts hits the hammer sure....but the hilt? It makes no sense. Which is why it's magic.

The lasso has contained non-material enitities before. Once in its grip, it's nearly impossible to escape. It's trapped ghosts, electrons rotatiing around an atom, energy beings, black holes and even 4th Dimensional nexuses. It's magic.

Can you imagine wonder woman trying to lasso "classic" juggernaut? Oh man she would probably just be dragged along on the ground as Juggernaut walked foward.

Again. You're not thinking outside the box. The lasso is really more of a rope that's enchanted to be infinite in length as long as Diana wants it to be.

So being the smart gal, she wouldn't throw a single lasso hoop around Juggernaut if he's continuing to move. That's beyond stupid. She would wrap the rope into a series of complex knots, trapping every length of his body into the worst tanglewire imaginable.

Juggs can't walk if he's hogtied. Or even move at that.

Draco69

On a universal scale, no.

Superboy Prime required the crystals in Alexander Luthor's to shift the laws of the universe.

Which is why Diana's lasso began to depower pre-IC. This was evident when the lasso couldn't even perform the simple task of freeing Superman from the mind-control of a fourth rate telepath.

She's done so countless times with Doctor Psycho.

Draco69
Originally posted by roughrider
So at the very least, it will take a reality warper to get around the physical laws of the universe, to do this.
I wonder if the Scarlet Witch, at just her standard level, could negate the effect of the lasso with her hex. HOM Wanda certainly could.

It would take a reality warper on a universal (or multiversal scale) to disrupt the lasso.

A hex in a contained area is a "lie" in the grand scheme of "truth".

Mr. Myx could definitely do it.

kgkg
Jim Jaspers could do it

xmarksthespot
He's a universal reality manipulator so yes, possibly. He's usually portrayed as more localised but it shouldn't be beyond him to exert his powers further.

golem370

Ymir and Surtur are mystical beings who's the laws of science don't aply

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by golem370
Ymir and Surtur are mystical beings who's the laws of science don't aply

except the laws of science DO apply to them, just not ALL of them.

and its immaterial since The Truth (which isnt a law of science IIRC) supercedes watever those 2 can come up with.

Tazer

King Kandy
What I find so interesting is that everyone just takes Draco's word on this...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by King Kandy

He has proven these things before. Nowadays I just listen to whatever he says about her, just like I listen to Validus about Green Lanterns erm

Juntai
What I find so interesting is that everyone just takes Draco's word on this... Well it actually happened in an arc, where the very idea of truth was altered, and the rope unraveled. Nothing else has been able to break it.

Symmetric Chaos

Well at least few of us have read GoldenPerfect . . . .

Skeets
Thanos and Adam Warlock...13

Validus
It's called credibility. Some people have it. Most tards here don't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.