Thanos vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos
(mad titan)

vs.

Superman
(man of steal)

kgkg
Thanos will break the man of steel

nigel45
Darkone, do you just enjoy putting DC characters against impossible odds?

Zahit
Superman's speed/strength will give Thanos some trouble,
but the Mad Titan will eventually take him down. He's way too
powerful, resourceful, intelligent for Superman.

kgkg
Superman's speed/strength will give Thanos some trouble,

i don't think that will give him any touble after all he took hit from Odin's full force and he got up.

his been attacked by the likes of tyrant etc.

His been attack by people as stong as Superman in brute strenght

Like Hulk , Drax, Sufer.

And he b@tchslap them pretty bad.

i don't see Surperman Lasting long in this fight.

dominic/wolf
thanos with the gauntlet wolud make soupie his biatchh and thats the truth

Cosmic Cube
Thanos doesn't even need the gauntlet to knock Superman out, two-second style.

JWangSDC
Thanos would give superman the WHOOPIN. This is one battle where supes has NO chance

jplatinum
Thanos without the gauntlet=k.o'd superman

Thanos with the gauntlet= overkilled superman

The Flash
WTF?!

Scoobless
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman
(man of steal)

that's libelous!!!! what has he ever stolen? except the minds of a few fanboys......... and let's face it, they weren't worth much to begin with!!!

stick out tongue

The Flash
Superman stole my heart with that ponytail he had...

Draco69
Originally posted by nigel45
Darkone, do you just enjoy putting DC characters against impossible odds?

Ditto

supermanprime
What powers do Thanos have specifically that superman could not handle, he can not absorb energy so he won't win that way. his psionic blast are just energy which superman force filed could defintly handle if he can handle omega beams from darkside. he is super strong and so is supes and he is faster and strength and speed are a lethal combination so thanos would go down

Sentry
Originally posted by supermanprime
What powers do Thanos have specifically that superman could not handle, he can not absorb energy so he won't win that way. his psionic blast are just energy which superman force filed could defintly handle if he can handle omega beams from darkside. he is super strong and so is supes and he is faster and strength and speed are a lethal combination so thanos would go down

Hmmm... You must not know Thanos. Thanos wins this match. Easily.

dawsey28
Thanos wins.

juggernaut74
Thanos stayed away from the Hulk for a reason.

Superman will not go down so easily. Thanos could be in for a surprise.

long pig
Thanos isn't scared of Hulk, people sometimes confuse what he said about Hulk as fear.
Thanos said, while fighting Champion of the universe, "I imagine this is what it would be like to fight the terran brute Hulk".
Thats it.
Then he proceeds to seriously whore mangle Champ. (which imo he shouldn't have been able to do)
Superman has no chance, Thanos durability is nearly un-equalled, he can give much more than he can take as well.

supremthor
no weapons and allowed.This is a pissed of superman. like he just saw thanos kill lois in the worst way. superman has taken a one hour sun bath. his out to kill pure an simple

thesilverspider
stop supes can stay a week sun bathing and still get pimped slaped

supremthor
i wouldnt go that far

supremthor
people give thanos way to moch credit

Scoobless
and you're giving Superman way "to moch" credit

Dark Thor
yes i give supes way "too moch" credit

supremthor
ss beat thanos once

colossus17
i am tired of the thanos crap.......i am actaully going to say sups will take him...sups gets underestimated.....and i am tired......of this....just casue people assume SS will beat him.....seriously....thats all bullshit....a pissed off superman is no one's *****....and yes i know thanos stood up to odin and beyonder and tyrant..and galactus..and he can agument his power to unknown levels.....and blablabla.....at the end he is nothing but a big as purple turtle who suffers from necrophilia.....i am tired of this sterotypes that SS will beat sups......and stuff....his power levels change like hell he was knocked out by the thing....

Cosmic Cube
When does Supes get underestimated?

Dark Thor
i wholeheartedly agree. actually, i think supes would stalemate thanos

thesilverspider
thanos will floss with supes cape be serious

Cosmic Cube
If Thanos can't beat Superman, who the hell can? Be serious, people.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by colossus17
i am tired of the thanos crap.......i am actaully going to say sups will take him...sups gets underestimated.....and i am tired......of this....just casue people assume SS will beat him.....seriously....thats all bullshit....a pissed off superman is no one's *****....and yes i know thanos stood up to odin and beyonder and tyrant..and galactus..and he can agument his power to unknown levels.....and blablabla.....at the end he is nothing but a big as purple turtle who suffers from necrophilia.....i am tired of this sterotypes that SS will beat sups......and stuff....his power levels change like hell he was knocked out by the thing....

I am praying that you are joking.

colossus17
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I am praying that you are joking.

yes yes i am... no

Cosmic Cube
yes yes i am... no

:breathes a sigh of relief:

joesha28
Thanos is no Darkseid.... Superman loses badly. Thanos will enjoy the fight.

thesilverspider
and please noone mention that heat vision crap

joesha28
Originally posted by thesilverspider
and please noone mention that heat vision crap

True laughing laughing laughing laughing

thesilverspider
thanos will give supes a hit of cosmic energy and its over

thesilverspider
man of steel my ass

DigiMark007
Supes is pissed though, so I give him at least a couple minutes before Thanos kills him.

Always Respek Thanos. Always. Unless you're Adam Warlock or TOAA and have a wicked-good plan.

-DM

Cosmic Cube
Wrong Demi...

Superman vibrates through Thanos's attacks...

Mwhahahahahah... evil face

kgkg
Well World destroying attacks can't hurt him

Even SS can't beat him with kryptonite radiation, or draining his radiation , or Turing him to dust .

What can thanos do?

joesha28
Oh my gosh....Thanos vs SUPERMAN......THE SUPERMAN!!!! Who can beat that guy?! He can vibrate thru attack of like who.....the presence, TOAA.... oH MAN oh boy, Superman really pissed could kill them with a heat vision.......

Yeah right laughing laughing laughing evil face devil

kgkg
Does anyone think Superman can give Thanos a good battle?

I mean this guy pimp slaps: people like SS, Champion

And battle peeps like: mad Thor with power gem, Odin, Elders

Thanos force field is nearly unbreakable just one of his many powers

And is smarter than batman

Dizzle
No one is smarter than Batman...

Though I'm glad you've all read my Angry Superman book. For any who haven't it's quite a read... Gives you heathens and naysayers a true glimpse at Superman's power. Lucifer is nothing.

Anyhoo, Thanos thoroughly exercises the backs of both hands.

8bitChris
Thanos: "Oh hey Supes, Lois was great in bed last night."

Superman: "You dirty genetic freak. I hate you mutie bastards. Especially purple craggy-ass Eternal ones! I'll kill you for saying that!."

Thanso: "Death was in bed with us last night so uh...I don't think she'll be letting you kill me anytime soon."

**Thanos kills Superman**

Sentry
Originally posted by Dizzle
No one is smarter than Batman...

Doom's smarter.

olympian
"Does anyone think Superman can give Thanos a good battle"

If you mean by good battle able to survive a few minutes, yeah.

Other than that nope. He gets smacked like Drax and the rest.

long pig
I've yet to see Thanos really hurt, by anyone. Even when blasted multiple times by Odin, he was kinda burnt for a second, then his molecular control came in and he was fine. Friggin uber!

I've heard he's been K.O'd by warrior madness Thor with power gem, which is a lot of friggin power. 10xnormal Thor plus infinite strength due to the power gem.

Is it even possible to actually put a hole through him after his body upgrade from Death?

whirlysplat
Supes is changingbig grin He's not quite ready for Thanos yet................
Give it time, its kinda cool watching a sensible well thought out upgrade that fits in with continuity. The older he gets (and remember he is destined to outlive the star that gives him his power) the stronger he becomes.
Give Supes timebig grin Thanos will be toastwink

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

5 Billion years in the future big grinThe Star Sol dies and the only one left to mark its passing is a bearded man with bright red bootsbig grin

Xplosive
I would love to see Superman killing him, but Thanos would beat him, and honestly, he would beat him quite easily.

johnv89
This is a tough one, when either of these players are well writen, they have proven able to stand up to just about anything in their respective relms (marvel & DC). I give the edge to thanos.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Supes is changingbig grin He's not quite ready for Thanos yet................
Give it time, its kinda cool watching a sensible well thought out upgrade that fits in with continuity. The older he gets (and remember he is destined to outlive the star that gives him his power) the stronger he becomes.
Give Supes timebig grin Thanos will be toastwink

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

5 Billion years in the future big grinThe Star Sol dies and the only one left to mark its passing is a bearded man with bright red bootsbig grin

Yes well thats not gonna happen during our lifetime. Well possibly mine. Therefore Thanos wins.

whirlysplat
As we return to precrisis Supes wins in the end its happeningbig grin
I give it a couple of years, Doomsday used to be tough for Supes now his punked, same with Darkseid. big grin

Soon Supes will be Super again and all the toy characteres created since him will losebig grin

K3VIL
Can Superman take this and be unhurted?
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/fireball.jpg
Prove it, just to quote Thanos.
c-17 you're acting like a boring fanboy, there are characters than can backhand Superman and send him back to D.C. Universe crying in the JLA Watchtower and Thanos is one of them.

jesserw21
what bout super 1million vs thanos who wins?

K3VIL
Originally posted by jesserw21
supes 1million warp reality

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by jesserw21

Thanos would quickly meet the black racer.

Sentry
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Thanos would quickly meet the black racer.

Then Thanos would make him bugger off.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sentry
Then Thanos would make him bugger off.

Righttt... he would beg him to take him..he worships death..remember?

colossus17
Originally posted by K3VIL
c-17 you're acting like a boring fanboy, there are characters than can backhand Superman and send him back to D.C. Universe crying in the JLA Watchtower and Thanos is one of them.

a boring fanboy......why dont u read the other post.....with me and cosmic....cube where...i was joking about my post...

whirlysplat

I think so Yes, his done this with tougherbig grin like ASmodel who would toast Galactusbig grin

jesserw21
superman 1 million should beat thanos rite?

whirlysplat
Yes he would easilysmile

olympian
"I give it a couple of years, Doomsday used to be tough for Supes now his punked, same with Darkseid"

The only problem being that the only fight he won without problems was with Doomsday not at his peak.

And Darkseid post crisis isent a treath for a long time. The man got more depowered than Jugs did stick out tongue

Thanos wins.

kgkg
Yes he would easilysmile
1 mil also gets owned

Mainstream
Originally posted by kgkg
1 mil also gets owned

word wickedph

whirlysplat
1 million toasts him. He can blow out suns with the amount of compressed matter in his lungs. Thanos needs Infinity Gems to put out starsbig grin and a big projector see Marvel to in one Annulbig grin

kgkg
1 million toasts him. He can blow out suns with the amount of compressed matter in his lungs. Thanos needs Infinity Gems to put out starsbig grin and a big projector see Marvel to in one Annulbig grin
words again

Gladiator can do more than 1 mil

he has contained a solar system destorying attack

and ya he rips stars with his bare hands hmmmmmmmmm

lol not much of a feat for marvel character and it's not like 1 mill did any of this.

in fact he is still weak agaisn't kry even more than normal supes

Scoobless
1 mil also gets owned

but he's been workin' out character43

whirlysplat
words again

Gladiator can do more than 1 mil

he has contained a solar system destorying attack

and ya he rips stars with his bare hands hmmmmmmmmm

lol not much of a feat for marvel character and it's not like 1 mill did any of this.

in fact he is still weak agaisn't kry even more than normal supes
Not quite sure how it works its very silly but one million can break the time "barrier" whatever that is(its not science) with his handsbig grin
He toasts thanosbig grin He was able to contain an exploding star with "Super" telekinesisbig grin

Thanos just has a skrull for a mother hence his chin smile

Mainstream
Originally posted by Scoobless

kool-msn

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless

Prime sure doesn't need a Sustanon, Deca, Oxydurobolin stack to whoop thanosbig grin

kgkg
Not quite sure how it works its very silly but one million can break the time "barrier" whatever that is(its not science) with his handsbig grin
He toasts thanosbig grin He was able to contain an exploding star with "Super" telekinesisbig grin

Thanos just has a skrull for a mother hence his chin smile
time barrier lol
Silver Surfer breaks the space/time barrier to oh well

whirlysplat
time barrier lol
Silver Surfer breaks the space/time barrier to oh well

Surfer never travels in timebig grin

kgkg
Surfer never travels in timebig grin
You need to read more Silver Surfer comics whirly

SS time travel like 4 times already

whirlysplat

Tell me when this upgrade happenedbig grin
Because the only times I know of were like the one with Deaths head where he was helpedbig grin

thesilverspider
like in the 4th ss issue he went back in time
he can do it at will with his speed

thesilverspider
thanos will kill supes then bring him back with the reality gem and kill him again and again

ZephroCarnelian
Superman currently wouldn't be able to defeat Thanos.

There.

I said it. big grin

But Pre-Crisis could, as could Prime and 1M.

But seeing as this thread is about current Supes.... no.

kgkg
Tell me when this upgrade happenedbig grin
Because the only times I know of were like the one with Deaths head where he was helpedbig grin
Many times.
1) He went back in time to escape Galactus barrier.
2) He went to pre-historic age in vol 3
3) When he battle Durok the Demolisher he dumped him in the far future by ripping space time.

there are probably more but that's all I remember so far.

Avalonofthewind

Go back in time for what? To watch himself getting beat/get beaten again?

Time Travel is useless in a fight. Too many variables.

whirlysplat
man of steel my ass

you want him where confused

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by supremthor
no weapons and allowed.This is a pissed of superman. like he just saw thanos kill lois in the worst way. superman has taken a one hour sun bath. his out to kill pure an simple

Why would supes go take a sunbath, RIGHT after watching lois get killed?

whirlysplat
Many times.
1) He went back in time to escape Galactus barrier.
2) He went to pre-historic age in vol 3
3) When he battle Durok the Demolisher he dumped him in the far future by ripping space time.

there are probably more but that's all I remember so far.

I don't see him going back in time here Kg its one of those pics from you isn't itbig grin

Avalonofthewind
In compliance with the Topic, Reg Supes vs Thanos... I believe Thanos would win most of the time.

Supes pissed and Sun Dipped? Supes will beat him quite a couple of times. He himself is a cosmic being without any true limits.

dawsey28
you want him where confused

Ha! Funny stuff. big grin

Avalonofthewind

Big Deal...
Darkseid survived this blast...
And Supes has beat on him.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/galacvsdark.jpg

dawsey28
Apoc?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by dawsey28
Apoc?

You know what I meant. laughing

dawsey28
Yeah, I know. I was just messing with you.

Cathy X-23
Who is thanos

dawsey28
You seriously don't know?

http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/thanos.html
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/thanos.html
http://images.google.com/images?q=Thanos&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-08,GGLD:en&sa=N&tab=ii&oi=imagest

He is pretty powerful in comics as of now.

Cathy X-23
Thats Darkseid from superman

CorderaMitchell
There hasn't been anyone with a "Thanos" screen name yet has there?

thesilverspider
wat how you dont know who thanos is

thesilverspider
thanos is a rip off of darksied but he became a character who is more then darksied can ever be

whirlysplat
thanos is a rip off of darksied but he became a character who is more then darksied can ever be

No his become a little less than Darkie was Precrisisroll eyes (sarcastic)

thesilverspider
thanos is a cooler bad guy and an all around better character darkseid is no body now

dawsey28
Originally posted by Cathy X-23
Thats Darkseid from superman

No that is Thanos from the Marvel universe. Did you even attempt to read any of that?

Thanos
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/ennemis/Thanos.gif

Darkseid
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Jla/ennemis/Apokolips/Darkseid5.gif

confused

whirlysplat
Wait until Supes power up after he gets hurt and learns how his powers work in infinite crisisbig grin Just waitbig grin It could be (almost) pre crisis over againbig grin

Avalonofthewind
No his become a little less than Darkie was Precrisisroll eyes (sarcastic)

There seem to be a lot of hostile anti supes types here huh? laughing

People really take this personal.

whirlysplat
Yupbig grin

colossus17
dam i just realized galactus wears a dress......what a ***......

yahman
i am tired of the thanos crap.......i am actaully going to say sups will take him...sups gets underestimated.....and i am tired......of this....just casue people assume SS will beat him.....seriously....thats all bullshit....a pissed off superman is no one's *****....and yes i know thanos stood up to odin and be yonder and tyrant..and galactus..and he can agument his power to unknown levels.....and blablabla.....at the end he is nothing but a big as purple turtle who suffers from necrophilia.....i am tired of this sterotypes that SS will beat sups......and stuff....his power levels change like hell he was knocked out by the thing....

Mann I couldn't agree more. I was going to start this thread ages ago. I didn't because i knew how much everyone likes to bum Thanos. Thanos like wolverine was one of my favourite characters until i joined this forum.

His own mini series was brilliant. HE has done some very Impressive things. E.G. Survive a full Onslaught from Odin, Galactus and Tyrant. He's also shown he can dish it out, E.G. beating numerous opponents such as Silver Surfer, Drax and Thor.

But Everyone over estimates his abilities. Mann I hate all this crap about how Frikin strong he is. I'll admit that he's is on the level of Thor, Herc and Gladiator, but he isn't above !!!!! What has he done to suggest he is far superior in strength than these guys. The only argument I've heard so far is 'Thanos is stronger because ummmmm he must be oh yeah i like to pleasure myself over him at nightl'.Therefore Thanos physical strength is likely to be below Superman's.

Plus from what I've read, he tends to use energy attacks, rather than strength. In the department of energy attacks, Thanos has shown himself to be one of the best. His fights against the following have shown this; Galactus, Tyrant, Odin, Champion, Silver Surfer, The be yonder and Drax. He has managed to hurt all these guys and most of them are pretty invincible. Yet I find it hard to believe that these attacks are on a Dragon ball Z level. We never see anywhere near the amount of destruction that DBZ energy cause. Alot of people are convinced that even the Dragon ball Z energy waves cannot hurt Superman, So Thanos's blasts are as likely to do as much damage.

Thanos's main physical attribute is his durability. This is the only department in which he is probably superior to Superman. But with Superman's Super speed and his ability to fly, this difference is minimal.

Contrary to what i have said previously, I do think Thanos will win. Not because of his superior Super powers, but because of his far superior Intellect. Thanos is one of the greatest strategist's in all of comicdom. On three separate occasions he has come into the possession of almost unlimited power. He has outwitted and outsmarted some of the keenest minds in the whole of the marvel universe.

Thanos wins but I wish he wouldn't. All you Superman Fans out there please persuade me I am wrong.

big grin

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by yahman
Mann I couldn't agree more. I was going to start this thread ages ago. I didn't because i knew how much everyone likes to bum Thanos. Thanos like wolverine was one of my favourite characters until i joined this forum.

His own mini series was brilliant. HE has done some very Impressive things. E.G. Survive a full Onslaught from Odin, Galactus and Tyrant. He's also shown he can dish it out, E.G. beating numerous opponents such as Silver Surfer, Drax and Thor.

But Everyone over estimates his abilities. Mann I hate all this crap about how Frikin strong he is. I'll admit that he's is on the level of Thor, Herc and Gladiator, but he isn't above !!!!! What has he done to suggest he is far superior in strength than these guys. The only argument I've heard so far is 'Thanos is stronger because ummmmm he must be oh yeah i like to pleasure myself over him at nightl'.Therefore Thanos physical strength is likely to be below Superman's.

Plus from what I've read, he tends to use energy attacks, rather than strength. In the department of energy attacks, Thanos has shown himself to be one of the best. His fights against the following have shown this; Galactus, Tyrant, Odin, Champion, Silver Surfer, The be yonder and Drax. He has managed to hurt all these guys and most of them are pretty invincible. Yet I find it hard to believe that these attacks are on a Dragon ball Z level. We never see anywhere near the amount of destruction that DBZ energy cause. Alot of people are convinced that even the Dragon ball Z energy waves cannot hurt Superman, So Thanos's blasts are as likely to do as much damage.

Thanos's main physical attribute is his durability. This is the only department in which he is probably superior to Superman. But with Superman's Super speed and his ability to fly, this difference is minimal.

Contrary to what i have said previously, I do think Thanos will win. Not because of his superior Super powers, but because of his far superior Intellect. Thanos is one of the greatest strategist's in all of comicdom. On three separate occasions he has come into the possession of almost unlimited power. He has outwitted and outsmarted some of the keenest minds in the whole of the marvel universe.

Thanos wins but I wish he wouldn't. All you Superman Fans out there please persuade me I am wrong.

big grin

Well, At this point, Braniac 13 was at a point in power far above Thanos, and he couldn't do jack to stop Supes. This is the Supes they want Thanos to fight...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supesimperiex.jpg

shaolin9976
Thanos is the marvel version of Darkseid. And if Superman can kick Darkseid's booty...then I don't see how he can't beat Thanos.

thesilverspider
thanos is way stronger then darkseid.darksied is a no body all he got is his omega beam crap and last i remember he hasnt killed anyone strong with it.thanos cant even die and he is a master planner and smart as hell and supes aint smart at all

leonidas
<<Mann I hate all this crap about how Frikin strong he is. I'll admit that he's is on the level of Thor, Herc and Gladiator, but he isn't above !!!!! What has he done to suggest he is far superior in strength than these guys. The only argument I've heard so far is 'Thanos is stronger because ummmmm he must be oh yeah i like to pleasure myself over him at nightl'.Therefore Thanos physical strength is likely to be below Superman's.>>

uh-uh. i love supes, but i don't think supes would be his equal in strength. probably closer than anyone in marvel except an enraged hulk, though.

and, yahman, psst, come here. c17 was being sarcastic with that post. he doesn't really belive that. he does that sometimes . . . embarrasment

thesilverspider
thanos has fought with his hands plenty of times plus he is a primary a cosmic energy user

dawsey28
thanos is way stronger then darkseid.darksied is a no body all he got is his omega beam crap and last i remember he hasnt killed anyone strong with it.thanos cant even die and he is a master planner and smart as hell and supes aint smart at all

Did you just say that Supes isn't smart? Confusing Soups with Supes are we?

I agree that Thanos is probably smarter, but...

..."supes aint smart at all"? confused

yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Mann I hate all this crap about how Frikin strong he is. I'll admit that he's is on the level of Thor, Herc and Gladiator, but he isn't above !!!!! What has he done to suggest he is far superior in strength than these guys. The only argument I've heard so far is 'Thanos is stronger because ummmmm he must be oh yeah i like to pleasure myself over him at nightl'.Therefore Thanos physical strength is likely to be below Superman's.>>

uh-uh. i love supes, but i don't think supes would be his equal in strength. probably closer than anyone in marvel except an enraged hulk, though.

and, yahman, psst, come here. c17 was being sarcastic with that post. he doesn't really belive that. he does that sometimes . . . embarrasment

LOL big grin

Dont worry Dude so was I. Well Kind of antyway. I was trying to cause as much contraversy as possible, without being obvious. I even mentioned Dragonball Z. But I still dont believe Thanos is Supes physical superior

Avalonofthewind

Leo, thats Prof Hulk and the Thing. If he was doing that to savage or mindless hulk, it would be a lot more impressive. Neither of them can do this. While I think Thanos would win, It would be more cunning that physical.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supesimperiex2.jpg

thesilverspider
supes is not half as smart as thanos this guy went 2 small ville high wow

shaolin9976
He went to smallville to disguise...Superman might not be as smart as Thanos, but a pissed off superman will destroy four thanos if he wants to!

thesilverspider
now thats over doing it thanos fights strong beings 4 sport and he cant die

colossus17
thanos has fought with his hands plenty of times plus he is a primary a cosmic energy user

really??.no shit i fight with my hands 2......i just fought with them.......10 minutes ago...that means that all i need to do it grow 2 more inches .and turn purple and i will be able to take over the universe!....i am going to make a plan to kill you all!

thesilverspider
ok corn ball

leonidas
<<LOL

Dont worry Dude so was I. Well Kind of antyway. I was trying to cause as much contraversy as possible, without being obvious. I even mentioned Dragonball Z. But I still dont believe Thanos is Supes physical superior>>

whew . . . smile but i'm still think thanos is likely the stronger. even though it WAS prof hulk. prof hulk has had some pretty good showings, av, and drilling them both like he did IS pretty impressive. like yahman, i USED to really like thanos, then marvel made him more than they should have and the fans on this site just top it off. thanos would win, and it probably WOULD be more through his brains.

yahman
really??.no shit i fight with my hands 2......i just fought with them.......10 minutes ago...that means that all i need to do it grow 2 more inches .and turn purple and i will be able to take over the universe!....i am going to make a plan to kill you all!

Pfff plan all you like but Goku will stop you!!!!!!!!!!!

shaolin9976
how come there are too many tough guys in a forum?

yahman
Originally posted by shaolin9976
how come there are too many tough guys in a forum?

Ehhh ????? confused

shaolin9976
please...

yahman
please...

Pardon... je'ne pas compris ? Sorry mate you are going to have explain? laughing

dawsey28

Nah, that was Soups, not Supes stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind
<<LOL

Dont worry Dude so was I. Well Kind of antyway. I was trying to cause as much contraversy as possible, without being obvious. I even mentioned Dragonball Z. But I still dont believe Thanos is Supes physical superior>>

whew . . . smile but i'm still think thanos is likely the stronger. even though it WAS prof hulk. prof hulk has had some pretty good showings, av, and drilling them both like he did IS pretty impressive. like yahman, i USED to really like thanos, then marvel made him more than they should have and the fans on this site just top it off. thanos would win, and it probably WOULD be more through his brains.

Agreed. I agree with both of you on Thanos.

colossus17
ok corn ball

common this is not the 70's if u r gonig to insult me.....do it right....corny ass...insults.....u insult me.by insulting me with this weird insults.....i pitty u......

dawsey28
Okay.... cornball.... is... that... better...? stick out tongue

olympian
One last note. Pll look at Professor Hulk like he was the weakest incarnation ever. True he couldnt get stronger with anger, but he was a pure 100 class guy like immortal herc. When before with no anger savage would need to get up fast, Prof Hulk is already on that level.

Proof is that he stalemated once more in a very brief fight with Hercules and beat Abomination easily. Well...again. But faster than the other incarnations.

dawsey28
this is a Thanos vs Superman thread, isn't it? confused

olympian
It is:

The last post was because someone talked about Prof Hulk when he went with others against Thanos. And usualy i read things in this nature " pff was Prof so he was weak" or " it was just Prof, no big deal "

Prof Hulk is a pure class 100 high brick. So him going against Thanos and losing isent a low showing. I for myself think that Savage hulk before starting to get pissed its not on that level that Prof already is.

Back on Topic now. Thanos still wins wink

leonidas
<<thanos is a cooler bad guy and an all around better character darkseid is no body now>>

HA! darkseid was cool before anyone dreamed of copying the character and calling him thanos.

Savior
Superman is lame. Go Thanos!!!!

the Darkone
Thanos is superior to superman in every way. Thanos yes was a ripoff of pre-crisis darkseid no doubt about it, that's why thanos is so powerful he was pre-crisis darkseid equal. Thanos is stronger than superman plus as eternal he can increase his strength and his other abilities at will an plus he is one of the smartest beings in all of comics. Hell he has done more than darkseid has ever dreamed of, thanos destroyed half the of the marvel universe in infinity gantlet, blink the the multi-verse out of existence in marvel The end and restore it hell darkseid can't even take care of his sorry a$$ planet apokolips.

Thanos will beat superman in so many ways is not even funny, thanos can unleashed some serious mental powers greater than martian manhunter and mind f**k superman to death, even though thanos doesn't have super speed like superman he has fighting speed and a unbreakable force field. Like all eternals he can manipulate cosmic energy and rearrange molecules not as high as sersi but strong enough to f**k up superman.

Thanos is more intelligent then superman, he will play some serious mind games on superman, Thanos defeated a well written Champion of The Universe and he had the power gem and his primodial powers and thanos still kick his candy a$$ not with strength but with mind games and intelligence. Thanos as character can exploit your weakness and will take full advantage of it and make you pay for dearly.

Superman fans need come to understand that superman can't beat everybody because he is the first super hero in comics, remember their always some one better than him.And Thanos is better than superman and I will beat you money that thanos will take out a least 90% of justice league before they can put him down, but then he can't die so he will keep on coming.

long pig
Eh, he didn't really do much to Champion....and he wasn't well written but he never is so...I remember during his first appearance, Reed said "Champion is almost as powerful as Galactus!", then he proceeds to job to everyone.

But on topic, no one with a sound mind thinks Superman beats Thanos.

K3VIL
Big Deal...
Darkseid survived this blast...
And Supes has beat on him.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/galacvsdark.jpg
A later tussle with the Galactus-spawned Tyrant again showcased Thanos' remarkable durability. Thanos managed to withstand a prolonged battle with this ultra-powerful being, who had shrugged off the combined assault of the Silver Surfer, Beta-Ray Bill, Terrax, Ganymede, Jack of Hearts, Morg, and Gladiator. At the climax of the battle, Tyrant generated an energy discharge so potent that it atomized a fair portion of his fortress. However, much to Tyrant's surprise, Thanos climbed free of the glassy earth virtually unharmed.
Last time Superman faced a blast of that amount of power, happened in HUNTER/PREY, he was K.O. and seriously injured, tough still able to stay on his feet, he was forced to speedblitz Doomsday from behind to save himself.
Thanos survived to blast staying on his feet showing Tyrant why he's still in charge.
Superman isn't close to Thanos.
Thanos is the marvel version of Darkseid. And if Superman can kick Darkseid's booty...then I don't see how he can't beat Thanos.
Darkseid has been changed from skyfather to punching ball, in his next appearence Batman will beat him with a bat-rang and judo techniques.
Thanos has exceptional hth skills, he trained Gamora, best female assassin in the Marvel Universe, and he's superior to her, so it's easy to understand he's not just a blast with power cosmic enemy.
Originally posted by yahman

Thanos blasts of energy can certainly destroy a planet, if SS and Jack Of Hearts can and they are less powerful than Thanos, so he can.
Thanos doesn't need feats of strenght like pushing planets and lifting mountains, a guy that can backhand Drax and Hulk with a hand and stop a Madness Thor with power gem has just showed how physically strong he is and can be.
He has traded blows with Champion, he has smashed SS, a punch from Thanos like those he traded with his doppelganger will broke Supes jaw and send him back in Smallville.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
Eh, he didn't really do much to Champion....and he wasn't well written but he never is so...I remember during his first appearance, Reed said "Champion is almost as powerful as Galactus!", then he proceeds to job to everyone.

But on topic, no one with a sound mind thinks Superman beats Thanos.
Or thinks they could beat up Daredevil or Batman if they were realsmile

K3VIL
Or thinks they could beat up Daredevil or Batman if they were realsmile
Or write crappy things in everyone of their replies and fill them with smiles to give them a sense.

Avalonofthewind
A later tussle with the Galactus-spawned Tyrant again showcased Thanos' remarkable durability. Thanos managed to withstand a prolonged battle with this ultra-powerful being, who had shrugged off the combined assault of the Silver Surfer, Beta-Ray Bill, Terrax, Ganymede, Jack of Hearts, Morg, and Gladiator. At the climax of the battle, Tyrant generated an energy discharge so potent that it atomized a fair portion of his fortress. However, much to Tyrant's surprise, Thanos climbed free of the glassy earth virtually unharmed.
Last time Superman faced a blast of that amount of power, happened in HUNTER/PREY, he was K.O. and seriously injured, tough still able to stay on his feet, he was forced to speedblitz Doomsday from behind to save himself.
Thanos survived to blast staying on his feet showing Tyrant why he's still in charge.

Superman isn't close to Thanos.

Darkseid has been changed from skyfather to punching ball, in his next appearence Batman will beat him with a bat-rang and judo techniques.
Thanos has exceptional hth skills, he trained Gamora, best female assassin in the Marvel Universe, and he's superior to her, so it's easy to understand he's not just a blast with power cosmic enemy.

Thanos blasts of energy can certainly destroy a planet, if SS and Jack Of Hearts can and they are less powerful than Thanos, so he can.
Thanos doesn't need feats of strenght like pushing planets and lifting mountains, a guy that can backhand Drax and Hulk with a hand and stop a Madness Thor with power gem has just showed how physically strong he is and can be.
He has traded blows with Champion, he has smashed SS, a punch from Thanos like those he traded with his doppelganger will broke Supes jaw and send him back in Smallville.

Seeing as this is still a pissed off Sun dipped Supes, Physically, Thanos is not going to cut it. This is the same supes who was taking imperiex/braniac 13 blasts like it was nothing in this form. He broke through an "inpenetrable" barrier fairly easily. Imperiex is far far above galactus in power, and leaves tyrant in the dust.

Thanos wins would come mostly from strategy, which is still an advantage he has over supes.

whirlysplat
Or write crappy things in everyone of their replies and fill them with smiles to give them a sense.

laughing out loud

K3VIL
Seeing as this is still a pissed off Sun dipped Supes, Physically, Thanos is not going to cut it. This is the same supes who was taking imperiex/braniac 13 blasts like it was nothing in this form. He broke through an "inpenetrable" barrier fairly easily. Imperiex is far far above galactus in power, and leaves tyrant in the dust.

Thanos wins would come mostly from strategy, which is still an advantage he has over supes.
Wasn't the sun dipped Superman enhanced from another being to grant him to finally stop Imperiex?

Avalonofthewind
Wasn't the sun dipped Superman enhanced from another being to grant him to finally stop Imperiex?

Nope. That happened way before he got the that point.
Strange Visitor/Kismet fused with Clark and formed a different supes.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/kismetsupes.jpg

Much, Much later on...He became this Supes.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ACTION_COMICS_782_Kano_and_Marlo_Al.jpg

the Darkone
Which has been done once, knowing thanos will come up with a gadget that will neutralize his powers. And b***h slap him back to small-ville

whirlysplat
Which has been done once, knowing thanos will come up with a gadget that will neutralize his powers. And b***h slap him back to small-ville

Thanos needs Gadgets now Avalon you need to ressurect the surfer threadbig grin

the Darkone
Thanos doesn't need gadgets but if somebody going to cheat against thanos, well thanos will do it right back at you even worst. smile

Avalonofthewind

Gadgets? Ridiculous. Phantom Zone generator or the Eradicator would handle Thanos.

No reason to bring Gadgets into this. Let them battle like reasonable aliens.

Avalonofthewind
Thanos needs Gadgets now Avalon you need to ressurect the surfer threadbig grin

laughing Happy Dance

whirlysplat
Gadgets? Ridiculous. Phantom Zone generator or the Eradicator would handle Thanos.

No reason to bring Gadgets into this. Let them battle like reasonable aliens.

Its actually true eek!

the Darkone
Phantom zone will not work on thanos. Please thanos will transport him self right back and b***h slap him. When has superman use the phantom zone raely if he did he would have used it on Darkseid by now. wink

Avalonofthewind
Phantom zone will not work on thanos. Please thanos will transport him self right back and b***h slap him. When has superman use the phantom zone raely if he did he would have used it on Darkseid by now. wink

Teleport back with what? Depending on where u end up, it renders you a powerless wraith...and supes aint sending him to Metropia. There are things in there far more dangerous and powerful than thanos.

Why would Supes need to use the Phantom zone on Darkseid? He can beat the hell out him.

whirlysplat
like in the 4th ss issue he went back in time
he can do it at will with his speed

4th issue of which series it sure wasn't 1 or 2

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>