Spike TV's video game awards results

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
http://www.spiketv.com/#events/vga2006/index.jhtml

Its cool they have things like this, but at the same time the whole thing is a joke.

The competion is way off balance right now.

Of course a zillion 360 games are going to win, cuz the other 2 systems just came out.

Also, a lot of the games nominated just came out in the last 2 months

Howard_Jones
Doesn't really make much sense why GOW would trump Oblivion in everything, and not get game of the year. Sounds like a Karl Malone vote.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Doesn't really make much sense why GOW would trump Oblivion in everything, and not get game of the year. Sounds like a Karl Malone vote.

Karl malone?

Not to mention who probably gives them a ton of cash *coughMicrosoftcough*

I think if they are going to have an award for best PC game they should have awards for seperate consols as well

K73SK
i clicked the link...now what do i do?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by K73SK
i clicked the link...now what do i do?

look to the left and click on the 'View winners' link

K73SK
*looks at best graphics*

graw? LMFAO

WrathfulDwarf
Oblivion won because it was for PC and 360. More people play the game and that is why it won. The game was more popular than Gears of War.

Smasandian
Your kidding me?

Oblivion wasnt as popular as Gears Of War, not even close.

Gears Of War had the second highest preorders of all time, below Halo 2.

BackFire
Keep in mind Oblivion's been out much much longer, and I'm willing to bet it's been played by more people. A lot of people haven't played Gears yet, and will be for the first time on Christmas. Had the award show been done 6 months from now, Gears probably would have won.

SaTsuJiN
-how the hell is alyx vance a cyber-vixen? lol... she's got a homely look to her

-I think obliv deserved GoTY because of how much went into it, GoW would have been my next choice if obliv wasnt nominated

- ... @ racheal leigh cook in KH2 as best supporting female.. as if her monotone attempts to VA for aeris wasnt enough evidence that she doesnt give a damn about the character

-and wtf @ mortal kombat : armageddon for best fighting game?.. MK series isnt known for having a deep fighting engine.. was it really that good?... *rubs chin*... must find more info... O_O alpha anthology was one of the nominees

Smasandian
Alyx Vance...I can see her as the winner.

For GOTY, I think it all comes down to what type of genre you like more. If you love RPG's more than FPS, your going to like Oblivion.

Mortal Kombat, I totally agree, I heared it sucked, but has there been alot of fighting games out this year?

InnerRise
Well Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 2 got best fighting game on X-Play for the Nintendo Wii so that should tell you right there that there wasn't much to choose from this year in the fighting Genre.

The hosts seemed surprised themsevles.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
Yeah, fighting games are not as big as they were a few years back.

It doesnt help that companies keep on releasing the same game over and over...but with more guys in it.

ToMacco
Okami is a tight game.

Smasandian
Too bad nonbody bought it.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Smasandian
Too bad nonbody bought it. Yeah. I wonder why.

I wouldn't mind having it, although I haven't bought it either. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas.

Smasandian
I dont know.

It happened with Beyond Good and Evil.

Some great games just dont get bought. It sucks because with more failures on original games (or even non sequel games), the less chance developers or publishers will fund games like that.

Canuck
The results make more sense than the did last year, at least.

doan_m
Company of Heroes wins best PC game and best military game. That sounds pretty much correct.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Smasandian
I dont know.

It happened with Beyond Good and Evil.

Some great games just dont get bought. It sucks because with more failures on original games (or even non sequel games), the less chance developers or publishers will fund games like that. Yeah. I've been hearing how good Beyond Good and Evil is and I wasn't even aware of it when it first came out, so that's one game I wouldn't mind finding and playing.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Oblivion won because it was for PC and 360. More people play the game and that is why it won. The game was more popular than Gears of War.

I played it. It's not really better by any means. no expression

Backfire seemed to have the best analysis of the whole thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.