Viva Pinata

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
So has anybody purchased this game?

I'm slightly interested in it and I've heard some good things about it, although I've also heard that it's not selling that well.

Anyway, I'm intrigued.

Any first hand information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Lana
I know absolutely nothing about this game other than they sent us a billion copies of it instead of the collector's edition of Gears of War when that came out, that we've hardly sold any copies of it, and we have this stupid display pinata that I really, really want to kick around the store stick out tongue

Phat J
its not really the sort of game that most people who bought the 360 for gears of war and all the other shooters would really lean towards. it looks pretty good though, the video review on gamespots made it look good if you like that sort of game.

IceJaw
The swedish version has been dubbed to swedish and you can't change it back to english. cry

Not buying. no expression

Blaxican
Yeah, Sweden sucks alrright no expression

stick out tongue

IceJaw
Originally posted by IceJaw

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by InnerRise
So has anybody purchased this game?

I'm slightly interested in it and I've heard some good things about it, although I've also heard that it's not selling that well.

Anyway, I'm intrigued.

Any first hand information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka..... If someone gave it to me I would probably like it lol. I have to make sacrifices because games cost to much =O. It got good reviews, and rare made it.

It isn't selling well because...come on lol It is Pinatas with bright and colorful backgrounds on the 360 which usually doesn't have games like this that are good. If this was on Nintendo's system it probably would sell better because they know Nintendo handles these types of games better.

El_NINO
This game is based on a show, supposedly the game is pretty addictive.

InnerRise
I wasn't even aware of the show until after I found out about the game, so I wasn't sure which came first.

I love the Viva Pinata Commercial though.

Where the Pinata tricks the children into letting him down.

"That Was Acting Children."

I love it.

funny

no expression

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Sodo
I have it, it's actually a pretty good game. I got it for Christmas early and decided to pop it in, stopped at around 1 AM and passed out.

PROS:
- Graphics are amazing, even for the 360. Lush environments and the Pinatas themselves look great.
- Innovative gameplay. How many games do /you/ know that feature Pinatas? Hmm? HMM?
- Humor. Just the fact that you control these little guys and can give them various accessories makes me laugh.
- Customization. As I said above, you may customize your Pinata with various items, buying more as the game progresses. Often, your most heavily accessorized Pinata is your favorite.

CONS:
- Music is often repetitive.
- Slow the first few hours.

BackFire
The game's gotten surprisingly good reviews, supposedly it's like Rare's best game since Perfect Dark.

LÉONpro2007
EDIT: Damn, this is AstroFan, I keep forgetting to log in. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wow, I thought Star Fox was pretty good.

InnerRise
I actually got this game today. I had no plans onto and I just did.

Haven't played it yet though but after reading the manual I'm pretty excited to start playing it.

InnerRise
This game is so opening ended that it can get overwhelming at times...also frustrating at times.

I still found myself playing it all day though and not even stopping to play any other games...specifically Oblivion which I was and still am surprised at.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.